Flashback Flashback - Stowaway

Dart has a flashback about the time himself and a couple of frineds were captured by pirates.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

An inland sea created by Ivak's cataclismic fury during the Valterrian, the Suvan Sea is a major trade route and the foremost hub for piracy in Mizahar. [lore]

Flashback - Stowaway

Postby Dart Takiri on March 17th, 2013, 2:43 am

Summer of 512AV

Dart slowly opened his eyes. The room would have been completely dark, if it wasn’t for the tiny hole shining light into the room. He wasn’t in a normal room as he could feel himself swaying back and forth. The teenager turned over to his friends, only to realize they were still sleeping. With that, he glanced around for a way to escape, but there were metal bars around them.

“Seems like we got caught.”, he thought to himself while slouching forward, sitting on the floor. “I don’t even remember getting caught…”

After a few moments, a door cracked open slowly, and a pirate crept in. He worn a torn up blue shirt with blue sweatpants, which also didn’t look in great condition. As the pirate walked over to the cell, he took a few sips out of the mug in his right hand. His walk was sort of odd as he was swaying from side to side, most likely drunk.

Being under the influence, the pirate dropped down and stared at the people in the cell. With a cocky tone he said, “Hahaha.. Caught you brats trying to sneak on to the Cap’s ship.” He paused for a moment, and took another sip. “Yer might as well sit there and cry. *Sip* Wonder if we should cut you up, or feed you to the fishes. Maybe both!”

Dart shifted his face towards the floor. His sapphire colored eyes, tracing the cracks in the wood. He tried to not listen to the pirate, so he began to hum a song as the man continued to talk. As he hummed, he could feel that nothing was wrapped around him. Who ever captured them didn’t even tie them up.

The drunk pirate continued to mumble on, “Yup. Can’t wait to stick my blade in you and squeeze your guts out….” With that said, he slowly rose back up and brought out a key to the cell. “Maybe I should rough you up a bit right here."

With his blonde hair hanging down it was hard to notice a smirk that appeared on the face of the teenager. “This punk is probably nothing.. All the bar-fights I’ve been in.. I can probably take this dude out with ease.”, he thought as the key began to turn.

There was a slight pause. All he wanted was to hear a clicking sound, letting him know that the cell was unlocked. Sure enough, *Clink*. The pirate swung opened the door, and attempted to smash the mug on top of Dart’s head. It may have been unsuspecting from most people, but the teenager sort of knew he might try something like that.

The young brawler swiftly moved the side of his body for the mug to whisk by his face. With little effort, he dropped low to send a sweep kick to his opponent. He intended to trip him, and since he was already drunk, the pirate couldn’t do much but take the hit. He lost grip on both the keys and the mug as he was sent to the floor making a loud -thud-. The mug ended up crashing into the wooden floor, and the keys landed closely by.

With a smile on his face, Dart jumped up, and walked over to his sleeping friends.

“Wake up!”, he yelled as he kicked them repeatedly. “Come on…”
It didn’t take that many kicks to wake them up. One of Dart’s friends glared at him. He had long white hair and green eyes that complimented his lanky body type. “You didn’t have to kick us.”, he mumbled.

Dart didn’t pay much mind, instead he made his way over to the cell keys, and picked them up. “This could be useful.”, he said under his breath.

After shoving the keys into his pocket, the group walked over to the exit.
Last edited by Dart Takiri on March 17th, 2013, 2:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Dart Takiri
Player

Words: 3715
Joined roleplay: March 16th, 2013, 7:07 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Flashback - Stowaway

Postby Dart Takiri on March 17th, 2013, 2:49 am

Summer of 512AV

“I’ll go first..”, Dart said after taking a deep breath.

The door slowly opened as he peaked his head out. There were a bunch of pirates at a table drinking beer, and having a good time. Just like before, the young brawler thought about using that to his advantage. Without much, he opened the door, and walked in. None of the pirates even looked in his direction. To avoid being easily spotted, he kept his back to the wall as he maneuvered around the room.

All he thought about was escaping. That thought was cut short when he noticed a rack of swords behind a few barrels at a few foot steps distance. He slowly made his way there. Meanwhile, his friends began to copy him as they slid into the room.

Dart reached out for one of the swords when he was close enough, and slowly pulled one out. His stealth trick came to a halt as a loud scream came from the ‘prison room’. All the pirates stopped talking, and the room became quiet. A few pirates turned around only to see a group of teenagers laid back against the wall.

“Get them!!”,one of the pirates said holding up his mug.

“Run!”, Dart yelled.

That was all that was needed for the group to get moving. They ran out of that room until they found a hallway, and lastly a bunch of stairs. Dart was leading the group, but stopped once he reached the stairs. “Up here will get us to the deck, then we might have to jump off.”, he added, clenching his sword.

Nobody in the group stopped, they kept their pace until they reached the deck. To save them some time, the blond hair teenager held his sword out to the oncoming pirates. By now, a few of the pirates were carrying cutlasses. The young brawler swung recklessly at the group, the narrow hallway made up for his lack of skill as it forced a few pirates to stop. This halt only lasted for a second, as a heavily built pirate stepped out between the bunch. He held a cutlass in his left hand, but it seemed to not be the only thing he could use in a fight.

The teenager swung at his foe, trying to put all the power he could into one strike. A chuckle came from the pirate as he quickly parried the strike. For a big guy, he was pretty speedy. This was shown with his counter. After parrying the attack, the pirate lunged forward, attempting to stab Dart in the stomach.

To the young man’s surprise, the pirate wasn’t as good at sword-fighting as he thought. Maybe it was the drinks. Dart regained control of himself to swing the cutlass in a vertical position close to his own side to deflect the lunge attack. Once the attack was deflected, the teenager reared his foot back to aim a kick directed for the upper portion of the pirate’s thigh. This wasn’t dodged, instead the huge pirate stumbled and fell on one knee. This gave Dart time to escape up the stairs.

Once there, he glanced around for his friends, but they were no where to be seen.

“I can’t stop now…”, he thought as he ran to the edge of the boat. “I have to jump.”

One leap was all that was needed to propel himself of the ship and face first into the water. He lost grip of the sword once he hit sea.
Dart Takiri
Player

Words: 3715
Joined roleplay: March 16th, 2013, 7:07 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Flashback - Stowaway

Postby Anchor on April 2nd, 2013, 6:23 pm

Loot

Dart's Find :
Skill Points
Brawling 2
Stealth 1

Well-written, I enjoyed reading it. However, there are a couple things that I would like to point out and are barring me from rewarding you with some things.

Firstly, there are some skills you requested that I haven't rewarded. I'm sorry, but there is good reason. The easier ones are swimming and leadership, which I didn't see in the thread. You didn't technically swim away during the thread, and leadership is about the directing of people, which I feel extends to more than just 'follow me'. If you want leadership points in future threads, simply direct them to do something that helps the situation. As for swordsmanship skills, I don't think someone who has no experience in swords could block as effectively as you implied, so I can't award any until that is amended somehow.

As for lores, there are no common pirates in the Suvan. I know this isn't as well publicized as it should be, but no, no pirates. I'm sorry about that, but it won't affect you too much.

PM me if there's anything you want to talk about, or if you add in some leadership and weapon use.
Will be gone for a couple days, grades need lifting

The Suvan Sea

The Suvan Sea *** Fierce Currents OOC *** Current Events

Black Rock
(Temporary Responsibility)
Black Rock *** Morbid Musings OOC *** Domain Lore
Anchor
Come diving with me

Words: 155953
Joined roleplay: November 14th, 2012, 4:21 am
Race: Staff account
Office