Closed A feast for a Dek. (Iosha)

Darkness is trying to put some meat in his meal when he runs into Iosha.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The vast mountain range of Kalea is home of secret valleys, dead-end canyons, and passes that lead to places long forgotten or yet to be discovered.

A feast for a Dek. (Iosha)

Postby Darkness on April 5th, 2013, 2:08 am

Darkness raised an eyebrow, grinning. He hadn't thought she'd be able to sneak him in, but it seemed an even better option. She'd have to read the titles out to him so he could pick, but it would have much better results for him.

"You can get me into the library? Hadn't thought of that. I like the idea. I'm going to have to follow someone's orders anyways, might as well be yours that day." The smile on his face quickly turned into a scowl, though, when Iosha mentioned his wasted skills. "Yes, they are. And even if they weren't, I'm not a servant." He glared at Iosha, his anger spilling, body tensing up. "They think they're so powerful. They think their little order protects them. They're not even worth the meat on their bones, cowards that hide behind others' strength!" He huffed, taking a deep breath and closing his eyes as tension slowly left his body. For a few seconds he remained silent, until he opened his eyes again, missing Iosha's question about his sight.

"Let's move on." He said, his tone harsher than it used to be. As the healer spoke, he shook his head. "Don't overestimate yourself. Biting more than you can chew while hunting can get you killed, brains or not. You didn't spot me while hunting, for example. And I'm not the most dangerous thing in here. The important part is being aware of your surroundings, not becoming a prey. I've got an edge over you, since I can see in the night and my hearing is much better than humans'." His tone slowly went back to normal as he spoke, up to the "And of course it works on animals. There's nothing else you could hunt. We're starting after eating, though, you might want to save your questions until then."

It wasn't that Darkness didn't want to talk about hunting, but that he'd rather talk about something he didn't already know. Iosha didn't disappoint, giving him a wealth of information about her race, which the half-Zith devoured, eyes following the Konti's every motion as she spoke of her people. And when she was done, he had a dozen questions for her. But before he'd translated and worded any of them, she asked him instead why he'd come to Wind Reach. Darkness' first reaction was a bored sigh, which was cut when Iosha mentioned his blood - turning into an extremely annoyed stare that quickly evolved into him pouncing onto her, landing them both on the floor, with Darkness using his weight to pin her under him.

"I may be a halfbreed, but you're meat!" He roared at her face, slamming his claws into the ground next to her head. "I don't have any bloody clue who my father was, I don't give a damn about that useless meat, and..." He paused as he looked for the words; a deep, unconscious growl in the back of his throat. In the end, the words never came, and all that was left was a killer stare as the Zith stood back up, letting her go.
Darkness
Player

Words: 33367
Joined roleplay: November 23rd, 2012, 3:30 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Iosha on April 6th, 2013, 6:56 am

Iosha listened to the Darkness vent about his current situation in Wind Reach, and she started to understand that the Zith were a passionate people with little to no gray area between the extremes emotions. The konti started to wonder why he referred anyone other than him meat. She figured the term could be a way for the Zith to symbolize their superiority over the lower species of Mizahar since the predator would be tearing the flesh from his or her prey. Iosha put her hands in her lap and trying to stay calm while the Zith raged not three feet away from her. While the Zith was seething, Iosha found herself nodding at the Dark's opinions of the ruling class of Wind Reach. In her opinion most Endals weren't fit the lead or rule over the people of Wind Reach because their ultimate authority gave them the power to rule by fear, but she was born in a kinder and gentler society, so the konti might be bias to the government systems of Mura and Syliras. When he started to talk about hunting, she listened to him intently trying to absorb the knowledge and wisdom of the Zith into her mind. The point of paying attention to her surrounding made her blush slightly because she kind of got captivated by the beauty of her landscape, and she forgot about the dangers that could be lurking behind a bush. The point about his superior hearing and night vision was a valid point too. Iosha smiled at him when he finished his lecture on hunting and wilderness survival skills.

Iosha frowned slightly when the Zith seemed disappointed when the conversation turned personal, but when she mentioned him not being fully Zith, Dark leaped on top of her pinning her to the ground with rage in his eyes. With fear in her wide eyes, Iosha was tongue tied when the Zith started to yell at her with such fiery over his parentage. Iosha could only hold her breath wishing for it to stop. When she saw him raising his fist over her head, the konti shrieked loudly to herself in fright and closed her eyes waiting for her death to come. The konti's death never came, and she was given a thorough tongue lashing for her poor choice in words. Iosha laid their for a few moments, and said quietly kontinese to herself, “Iosha, you really need to think before you speak.” Iosha slowly got to her feet and said softly to the Zith, “I am sorry Darkness for my bad choice in words.” She ran a hand through her hair and said nervously, “I have a bad habit of saying whatever comes to mind, so I am sorry if I offended you.” Iosha set her backpack down on the grass, adjusted her sword, and said softly without looking at him, “I need to get firewood before the sun sets, so I will be right back if you still want to have a conversation with a ignorant konti like me.” Iosha felt ashamed at her behavior even if it wasn't on purpose. When she was scared or nervous, she had a tendency to make a bad first impression. She stood up silently and started to walk into the forest.
Iosha
The Pale Lady

Words: 510412
Joined roleplay: June 9th, 2012, 5:31 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Featured Character (1)

Postby Darkness on April 7th, 2013, 2:12 am

It wasn't the Konti's obvious fear that stopped Darkness' blow, nor was it that he just wanted to scare her. Her scream, as the blow came down, only contributed to making the Zith even more angry.

Still, Darkness' fury vanished as quickly as it had set when the healer apologized - after all, what else could he ask of her?. The zith turned to her, his features softening as he relaxed once more. "It's alright. You couldn't know I hate that term." But when she admitted that she had a habit of saying what came to mind, the half-Zith couldn't help but smile widely - she said that like it was a bad thing, but Darkness preferred that to the calculating speech of traders. Then she went to gather firewood, leaving him with the only company of the deer's dead body.

For a moment, he thought of following her, but hearing her heart pumping like there was no tomorrow she probably needed some time away from anything scary, and that included him. His questions would have to wait until she returned so, in the meantime, he went to the nearby river, dipping his feet into it. He began by washing off the blood from his hands, and slowly made his way upward, tracing the profile of the scars that covered his arms. As he cleaned them, his gaze unfocused slightly as he dived into the memories of the night he'd got them, and that had in the end led to his presence here. When he'd washed them, he lay back on the grass, hands behind his head and eyes closed, tracking the sounds of nature nearby as he waited for Iosha to return, a wide, peaceful smile on his face, worries forgotten for the time being as he thought back to his actions with the healer, trying to second-guess himself, as he often did. Had he spared her because he was interested in her? He shuddered slightly. There was no way he was following his mother's footsteps, that couldn't be it. Because he enjoyed the company of someone who wasn't hostile? No way he cared about what these humans thought of him.

No, she'd been spared because she was useful, he told himself. Because, even in his rage-filled state, the half-Zith knew that she had answers he wanted. Because, despite his previous claim, Darkness knew that Iosha was not meat, but rather... No, slave wasn't the right word. She wasn't bound to obey him, but it didn't make her any less useful - and so the Zith found himself looking for a new word to describe Iosha as he waited for her to return.
Darkness
Player

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Iosha on April 12th, 2013, 3:07 am

As Iosha turned to walk into the forest, she picked up her double sided dagger, sheathed it, and walked threw the small underbrush. The konti was looking for a mixture of thin to thick branches for the fire, so first she started to pick up twigs from the ground. From time to time, she felt like she was being watched, but when she looked up no one was there. Iosha hastened her pace and picked up the remain twigs from needed for fire. The konti went back to camp, and she saw the Zith laid out on the grass besides the river with his hands behind his head. It was a peculiar sight for her because he looked like he was in a state of peace with nature at the moment. Iosha gently put the pile of twigs on the ground, and she looked back at the Zith. Suddenly mischievous grin filled her face, and she picked up a twig and gently tossed it onto the red furred chest of the fearsome predator. It was a random childish act, but she giggled to herself anyways and teased him with a wide grin, “You were just the victim of a konti sneak attack. I hope I didn't wound your pride too much Darkness.” Iosha stood back up and ran a hand through her silvery blond hair and walked back into the forest.

As Iosha trudged through the underbrush, she looked up at the setting sun, and she started to wonder if she would find any branches large enough to maintain the fire for a long time. She walked for a ten chimes, and she came into a small glade in the middle of the forest. Suddenly, Iosha's violet eyes went wide when she saw the most beautiful red lilies growing in the middle of the clearing. The konti walked over to them, and she knelt down beside one, gently pulled it over to her nose, and took a sniff of the strong flowery fragrance. Iosha took out her dagger, and she gently cut the stem five inches from the blossom. When it was cut, she put the stem into her hair and rested the stem behind her ear. Iosha stood up with the lily in her hair, and she peered around the glade. She smiled widen when she saw a large branch had fallen into the glade. Iosha walked over to it, and she saw the branch must have been struck by lightning because the broken edge was burnt at the end. Iosha saw the branch was about six feet long and about three inches thick. Iosha sighed to herself and said out loud in kontinese, “I better get the branch back before night fall, so I guess I need to put some muscle into it.” Iosha did a series of quick arm stretches and she reached down and used her legs to pick up the burnt end of the branch.

Dragging the branch through the forest, Iosha must have sounded like a Zeltivan sailor as she cussed her way through the forest. During the exhausting trek, Iosha must of used her whole arsenal of curses from three different languages. The most colorful curses were the Inarta curses that she learned from her mother during her ten year stay in Wind Reach. When Iosha was a child, she would help her mother in the garden, and from time to time, Iosha's mother would cuss in front of her daughter in her father's tongue if something went wrong during their work. Being a typical six year old, Iosha would repeat them like a parrot to her grandmother. Iosha would immediately be taken to the washroom where she would immediately have her mouth wash out with soup. If Iosha's grandmother heard her today, she would be blowing out bubbles for a week afterward. Iosha walked into the clearing by the river, and she smiled up at Darkness and said with half grin, “I went to find some logs, and I came back with a tree. One day Darkness, I will be the finest woodman in Kalea. Can you help me break up the branch into small pieces?” She dragged the branch to the pile of twigs and dropped it on the ground. Iosha decided it was her turned to rest, so she collapsed on the ground on the ground with a laugh. She rolled on her back looking up at the wispy clouds above her. For a moment few chimes, she sat and stared up at the reddish orange sky, took the red lily from her hair, and stuck it up in the air for Darkness to see. She said without looking at him still trying to get her breath, “When I was walking through the woods, I found a grove of these red lilies in the glade not to far from here, so I figure since I was such a insensitive idiot earlier. I give you this flower...I know it is not the most manly gift, but I thought it would be a nice gesture, so will you take it?”
Last edited by Iosha on April 15th, 2013, 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Iosha
The Pale Lady

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Featured Character (1)

Postby Darkness on April 15th, 2013, 2:31 am

The twig flipped through the air and landed on Darkness' chest, where it was swatted away, mistaken for a stray bug until she claimed the assault. Dark's only reply was a half-chuckle, deep in his own thoughts as he was.

When she came back, however, there were no thoughts deep enough to keep him from noticing her. He'd been catching bits and pieces of her cursing - though he didn't understand most of it, the parts in Common led him to think it was all caused by the same thought. That, plus the sound of whatever she was dragging made Darkness curious, and so when she came back to the clearing the half-Zith was staring curiously her way, sitting next to the river.

Her proclamation made him laugh, his good mood from his peace still lasting, but when he looked at the task ahead of him his good spirits sobered a bit. The tree was big, and breaking it up without using any tools was going to be a difficult task. Still, Iosha's laughter was contagious, and he found himself with a half-smile on his face once more.

Her next actions were unexpected for the half-Zith. She was apologizing for her earlier actions, which was something that had very, very rarely happened since his arrival in Wind Reach - and in those cases he hadn't snapped back. As far as he was concerned, that was all in the past now, but she didn't seem to think so. Darkness looked at the offered flower for a couple of seconds, thinking his words carefully before extending a hand to take it:

"I will." He finally decided, thinking that the intention was more important than the gift itself. "It might not be manly, but it's good for representing peace, isn't it?" He paused another moment, trying to put words to why it wasn't necessary. "There was peace before it was mine, though. What's past is past."

Giving the flower one last look, he put it next to his ear, standing up to do work. He walked over the clearing silently, lifting different rocks, or staring at them when they were too big to lift. With a nod to himself, he grabbed two large rocks and put them near each other, leaving a small gap between them. He gave them a calculating look, then went to the tree and lifted it onto the rocks, where it was kept from rolling away by some natural grooves, which were the reason the Zith had picked them.

Then, Darkness grabbed another large stone and, with a grunt, brought it down on the tree in the space between the other two rocks. The wood cracked ominously, but it didn't break, so he hit it again and again, until it finally gave way.

"There you go, one smaller piece." He said, exhaling, with a certain pride on his face. "Now to break the rest. Careful with the splinters." He grabbed the largest part remaining of the tree and dragged into position again, and then started smashing it with the rock once more.
Darkness
Player

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Iosha on April 15th, 2013, 10:54 pm

Iosha gave a amused look at the Zith taking out his aggression on the poor defenseless branch. When Dark gave her the branch, she said to him with a laugh, “Next time we go camping, Dark. I promise to buy a woodcutting ax next time, and I promise to be careful with your logs too.” She gave him a warm smile and patted his soft fur with her hand. She walked back to her pile of twigs and brought them to dry sandy shore next to the river. She looked up at Dark who seemed to be enjoying himself way too much as he beat the branch against the rock. Iosha got on her hands and knees and started to dig with her hand a shallow fire pit in the sand. The process took her ten chimes to clear out enough sand from the hole. Iosha walked over making sure to stay clear of the Zith's assault on the tree branch. Once she was finished, She grabbed two more pieces of wood from his pile. Kneeling down next to the shallow hole in the ground, she took three pieces of the larger branch and started to lean them up against each other, so the three pieces of wood made a cone shape. The konti started to make a small pile of small twigs inside the wood cone. She stood up and raised her hands up in the air to stretch. She looked over at Dark, and he seemed to be doing a fine job with the wood. She walked over to a patch of dried glass, and she used her dagger to cut off the top half of the tall grass. When she had enough grass, she walked back to her fire pit, knelt down beside it, and started to wad the pile of grass tight, so it would fit in the opening between the log with the twigs.

When Iosha was finished preparing the wood, she reached into her backpack and pulled out her flint and steel. The konti remembered her mother telling her to strike the flint on the steel, so the sparks would land on the pile of wood. Iosha had many memories of her mother taking her camping as a child. She would often tell stories of her father during the time they spent in the wilderness. Iosha started to strike the flint on top of the steel, and she smiled a happily when the sparks rained down the dried grass. The grass didn't take long for the it to catch on fire, so the Iosha leaned back and enjoyed the ever growing warm and flame of the fire. She looked back at the Zith, and she could tell he was sweaty from all the physical work. Iosha stood up, walked over to him, and said with a smile, “I think you defeated the branch Dark, so why don't you take a break, and I will bring the wood to the fire.” Iosha grabbed three pieces of wood and carried them with both arms. They were heavy, so when she got to the fire, she just dropped them into a pile by the fire. It took her about five chimes to move all the wood besides the fire, and when she was finished syna was already started to set behind the canopy of the tall trees. Iosha leaned up against the rock, stretched out her legs, and asked the Zith with her eyes watching the fire, “What do Zith do around the campfire? Do they tell stories or sing songs about their hunts?”
Iosha
The Pale Lady

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Featured Character (1)

Postby Darkness on April 24th, 2013, 1:02 am

Darkness' only reply to her promise to bring an axe was a grunt as he bashed the wood, though he thought she'd quickly change her mind about it. Metal tools were heavy and noisy, hardly suited for someone without much experience in the wilds to be lugging around all day long. He was pretty sure she'd change her mind about bashing logs after she'd had to carry the thing for twelve hours straight, but he kept it to himself, the only outward response a rather eerie grin. He kept an eye on Iosha while he worked - she was interesting by herself, but even if she hadn't been, the Zith had managed to spend his youth without learning to set up a fire and he wanted to fix that now. Though, honestly, it didn't seem like something he'd often need, used as he was to raw food and lack of light. Still, he wanted to learn what he could of it. It wasn't much right now, but he'd go over the motions later on his own, see if he could repeat it. When Iosha pulled the flint and tinder, he had enough warning with the sparks catching on to look away before the fire flared brightly - he didn't know whether the direct light would hurt him or not and, while a part of him wanted to find out, it wasn't strong enough that it couldn't wait.

Seeing how there was no need for any more wood, Darkness took Iosha's suggestion happily, sitting near the edge of the light's radius, with his back to the flame. He took a deep breath, wove his fingers behind his head, and leaned back, wincing when he realized that brought him closer to the brightness - so he just rolled on himself, resting his head on his arms, which had the pleasant side-effect of blocking out the light.

Iosha came and went with the firewood, the half-zith entertaining himself trying to piece the scene from what he could hear. There was a brief period of calm when she was done, before the questions continued; this time about the Zith and campfires.

"Mostly cook." Was Darkness' muffled reply, not raising his head. "I can't talk for other Zith, but I don't like fire. It can get bright enough to hurt, and I get the instinct to run from it. Uncomfortable." His shoulders shook in what could be a shrug while laying down. "The stories mostly get told after hunts, specially if something important happened. And, from time to time, the older..." He paused for a moment, struggling with the word. "Familiaries? tell the children about the Great Rending and all that. Most of the time it's just how the hunt went, number of slaves, food, all that." A slight tone of displeasure tinges his voice when he mentions the hunt, but he quickly moves on. "Speaking of food, the meat should be right by where I pounced you, Iosha. How are the gatherings of Konti?"
Darkness
Player

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Iosha on April 26th, 2013, 2:28 am

Iosha wanted to respect his dislike for the fire, so she sat down on the grass in front of him. She studied his features for a moment, and she came to realized the Zith weren't as scary as the stories made them out to be. However, Darkness could be just the exception to his people being part human. Iosha didn't want to admit it, but the Zith had a certain charm to him. He was well-versed in the common tongue, and he seemed to carry himself with a sense of pride. Maybe it was up bringing, or the time spent outside the colony helped him to learn control over his nature. Iosha violet eyes watched the firelight dance in the darkness behind the Zith. When he answered her question, Iosha was surprised at the community of his people, but she figured they had to have a tight knit society if the rest of the world hated them.

Iosha was curious when he mentioned the Great Rending, and she asked gently, “What is the Great Rending, Dark? I never heard the term in the history books before.” Iosha was a scholar since she first learn how to read and write, so she always loved to hear about different cultures around the world, and the Zith culture seemed almost alien to her because most people don't take the time to sit down and talk to his people. Iosha smiled when he told her they educated the children with the stories of their people, so she said softly with a small smile, “The colony seems almost like a family. You must have had many friends within your people. In the future, would you ever want to return to them?”

When Darkness mentioned the food, Iosha eyes went wide, jumped to her feet, and said softly, “Oh yes I totally forgot!” Iosha walked over to the carcass, and she picked up the small pygmy deer, brought the bloody creature, and started to clean off the blood in the river. Iosha looked over her shoulder and smiled at Darkness, and she went back to her work. When the carcass was cleaned, she picked up a stick large enough to hold the weight of the deer and shoved it through it mouth. She needed careful enough not to damage the meat on the outside, but she cringed when it made a crunching sound when the stick entered the mouth. Iosha walked back to the fire, stood besides it, and put the raw meat odiver the flames. The healer looked at Darkness and said softly, “I am going to warn you. I am a terrible cook, so I hope you not too disappointed if I burn a few spots or two.” Iosha turned the stick every five minutes, so the fire would cook evenly throughout the meat. The konti started to humming a tune to herself while she cooked the food.

When she was finishing humming her tune, she looked at the Zith and said with a smile on her face, “The Konti aren't boisterous like the Inarta since strong emotion tends to hinder our divination abilities, so our gathering tend to be low key and completely boring. Don't get me wrong, Dark. I do enjoy talking to my brethren, but it hard to keep anything from a konti since they could probably pick it out of head anyway. It is hard to explain to a non-konti, but our events tend to be relaxing affairs with causal conversation, music, and food. We tend to discuss everything from art, religion, and politics, but the conversation never get passionate, so it hard to figure out the winner a argument.” Iosha turned the meat with the stick, and she could feel the sadness welling up in her chest, and she said to Dark softly without looking at him, “I haven't been Mura for a long time, so I kind of forget things in my memories of home.” Iosha looked up at him and said with a smile, “I think it should take about twenty chimes longer to cook, so you should make yourself comfortable.”
Iosha
The Pale Lady

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Featured Character (1)

Postby Darkness on June 3rd, 2013, 1:41 am

"The Great Rending..." Darkness repeated, still face-down. "They tell us it's when we Zith first appeared. The..." Another pause, which ends in an annoyed grunt. "I don't know how to say it. Someone tore the world. And then changed the us back then, into Zith. There's not that much to say about it, and I'm not sure they didn't just make it all up anyways. Well..." He pauses again, rubbing his arms with his forehead, realizing it was the first time he thought about it since the Storm. Before, he'd thought that there was no way the world could just be torn open, but after that... well, the world being torn didn't sound all that impossible. "I don't know." He ends up admitting with a shrug, falling into an awkward silence until the Konti spoke again.

Whatever happiness he might've felt for the awkward silence being broken was dispelled almost immediately when she asked if she wanted to return. "Yeah..." he muttered to the floor, a mere whisper drowned out inside his arms. He really didn't want to answer that, not in the least, so instead he replied to her comment about friends, far less unpleasant.

"The colony is a family, in many cases. Not mine but... Anyhow, I didn't have many friends growing up. Not being able to fly is, well, very crippling. Like not having legs for you humans, or maybe not having arms." He sighs, more nostalgic than sad. "I couldn't really play much of anything without wings, I wasn't worth teaching how to hunt or fight either, so I didn't have much to do with anyone other than my brother." He grimaced as he finished the sentence. Back then it had been pretty annoying, but he'd realized a long time ago that the least he had to do with full Zith, the better, once more because of his blighted half-blood.

He was surprised by how many bad memories the woman had brought forth in a moment. Not that she even knew or tried, not that he could care about it either. He felt sad, for his brother, for his family, for himself. He missed them all, but there was nothing he could do about it, so he just buried his face deeper in his arms silently, listening half-heartedly to Iosha. Well, it didn't matter if her cooking skills weren't perfect, it was better than raw meat, but he couldn't bring himself to say it out loud.

Darkness stayed in his comfortable silence as she explained about the Konti, their odd gatherings and, perhaps most importantly for the half-Zith, her differences with them. It was a small consolation, knowing that someone else had gone through their own version of it, and that brought a smile to his face.

"Sounds boring." He replied in an amused tone. "No fights to the death, or bra... Wait a moment. Did you say pick it out of your head? W-what exactly does that mean?" Had she been reading his mind throughout this whole conversation? He felt a mixture of emotions collide inside him - fear and anger, mostly, but also some disappointment. He straightened back up to a sitting position, turning to look at Iosha, finding out that the fire wasn't bright enough to cause more than discomfort, too.
Darkness
Player

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Iosha on June 9th, 2013, 4:41 pm

When she was finishing humming her tune, she looked at the Zith and said with a smile on her face,
“The Konti aren't boisterous like the Inarta since strong emotion tends to hinder our ability to divination, so our gathering tend to be low key and completely boring. Don't get me wrong, Dark. I do enjoy talking to my brethren, but it hard to keep anything from a konti since they could probably pick it out of head anyway. It is hard to explain to a non-konti, but our events tend to be relaxing affairs with causal conversation, music, and food. We tend to discuss everything from art, religion, and politics, but the conversation never get passionate, so it hard to figure out the winner a argument.” Iosha turned the meat with the stick, and she could feel the sadness welling up in her chest, and she said to Dark softly without looking at him, “I haven't been Mura for a long time, so I kind of forget things in my memories of home.” Iosha looked up at him and said with a smile, “I think it should take about twenty chimes longer to cook, so you should make yourself comfortable.”

Iosha listened to Dark and his explanation of the Great Rending, and she was surprised the Zith were were made into being. She thought they came from a whole different world, but they were victims of the god's wraith just like the rest of the people on Mizahar. The Konti still couldn't believe she was having supper with a Zith; however, Darkness was different than the Zith who killed Ayume. She was starting to see the more human qualities about him start to show with each word uttered from his mouth. When the meat started to brown one side, she turned the stick over, so the other side would start to cook. The Zith seemed to be hesitant to answer the question about returning to his homeland, so she decided not to press the issue. Darkness explained the colony was a large family, and again he didn't think of his colony as his own, curious. The Zith started to explain that he was isolated from the rest of his colony because of his lack of wings and the only person who gave him the time of day was his brother. Iosha immediately thought to herself, “He reminds me of me when I was growing up...” She felt sorry for the Zith, but she didn't want to show it on her face because she didn't want to insult the pride of the man.

Iosha turned the deer clockwise a quarter, so she could brown the part of the meat that was still raw. When Darkness comment on her people's way of having fun, Iosha couldn't help herself as she started to laugh out loud. Yes, she thought her people tended to be a bit boring at times too. After the laughter subsided, she said to him with a grin, “Yes you are quite right, Dark. My people sometimes can be a bit boring at times. Our celebrations are nothing like celebrations here in Wind Reach. Everyone is in control of their emotions, so it always feels like your at a dinner party even if you are celebrating a festival on the streets.” She adverted her eyes, looked at the fire, and said softly, “Regardless, everything in Mura is quite beautiful. I think we express our feeling towards each other and Mura through our artwork, song, and dance. If you ever go to my homeland, you will see what I mean.” Iosha turned the meat around again, so the she could cook the last raw side of the deer. Iosha smiled at him when he caught the small detail of her konti gift, and she decided to tell him, “All Konti are born with a inherent divination ability. Some Konti can read your emotion just by looking at you, and some can tell you are pregnant by just a touch on the arm. Each of us have our own unique talent, and some gifts are more useful than others. It just depends on how Avalis wants to bless us.” Iosha could smell the meat was done, and she took the deer off the fire. She looked at Darkness, and she said with a smile, “Well, I hope you like it. It might be a little bland tasting because we have no spices, but I am sure it will pass as food.”
Iosha
The Pale Lady

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Featured Character (1)

PreviousNext