How do these...Why did I do this again?

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Drop on by, introduce yourself, and let us know how you found us. In addition, don't be afraid to tell us what you'd like to get out of your Mizahar experience. Check out the stickies for more information.

Postby Kirin on March 19th, 2013, 10:43 pm

1. Name - or what you'd like to be called!
    You can earnestly call me Bary, pretty much everyone does. Though I wouldn't object to Kirin, or Faith. I'm kind of awkward that way, I probably wouldn't raise an objection no matter what you call me.
  2. What sort of RP experience do you have if any?
    I have a bit of RP experience. It's been a few years since I've been in a forum roleplay and it was never anything this expansive. To tell the truth I'm quite nervous about being here, maybe that's why I posted this. Really, I only have experience with single thread RPs and never anything as intricate, detailed, or graded as this. I hope I don't embarrass myself.
  3. How did you find us?
    A very close and good friend of mine asked me here.
  4. What sort of RP style is your favorite?
    That question is a bit of a loaded gun for me. I'm used to ones that have everything from adventure to epic quests to romance. I like it when you can throw in character development along side something fast paced and fun. I love a good bit of romance or friendship too. Maybe it's not a question of what is my favourite. What isn't my favourite?
  5. What do you like to write about - not write about?
    I write as a hobby and I can't say there is anything I don't like to write about. Even the dark and saddening topics are great. Catharsis is a writers best friend and I will never deny myself an opportunity to have such.
  6. Whats your favorite thing about Mizahar so far?
    I really can't say, I'm still very new here. Honestly, I'm too nervous about fitting in or even finding a place to fit in that I'm not ready to answer it yet. Maybe I'll be able to in the future.
  7. What, if anything, has frustrated you about Mizahar so far?
    Please don't get angry at me for this, but I have found myself frustrated a bit at the degree of staticness I experience when trying to create a character. I feel a little less creative for knowing I have to choose from x, x, or x. I know, it's a stupid thing to talk about and it might just anger people who read about this, but I might as well be honest. Maybe?
  8. What would you like out of the mizahar experience?
    A few good friends maybe? I wouldn't mind finding a couple of people to have a fun RP with. That's all you can really ever ask for.
  9. Is there anything you'd like to see expanded?
    I can't say there is. I almost feel overwhelmed from the level of depth that there already is. I feel like it is more of the time it takes to digest the information rather than a lack of it.
  10. Anything else you want to talk about?
    There probably is, but I'm still a little shy. I hope I can open up quickly. And, that you like me once I do.
Kirin
Player

Words: 10436
Joined roleplay: March 18th, 2013, 10:47 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Lyall Gaius on March 20th, 2013, 12:54 am

I'm so relieved to hear that I'm not the only person who's a bit intimidated by the complexity of this site. I think it's fantastic how detailed and intricate that it is, but my RP experience all stems from single thread RPs as well. As it is, I hope we can keep talking, because right now I desperately need an RP friend. Preferably someone as inexperienced as I am, that way neither of us will have to worry too much about embarrassing ourselves. If you do reply, feel free to call me Ali.
Lyall Gaius
A man of many words is a man of few deeds

Words: 19228
Joined roleplay: March 17th, 2013, 5:21 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Kirin on March 20th, 2013, 5:11 am

It's great to meet you Ali and great to know that I'm not alone in this. Hope we can keep talking and maybe work out something down the line. I'm glad to meet someone this quick and a fellow full forum newb makes me feel less conscious :D . Please feel free to hit me up for anything.
Kirin
Player

Character sheet

Postby Lyall Gaius on March 20th, 2013, 6:11 am

Phew, I'm so relived! It's nice having someone to talk to on such a huge RPG site, it makes it a little easier to jump into. I don't really know where to start as far as RPing goes 0.0 but I'm sure we'll figure it out eventually. My PC is in Lhavit right now, but I've only got as far as posting his entrance into the city. Maybe we could have our characters meet up?
Lyall Gaius

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Scarlet Evony on March 20th, 2013, 12:34 pm

Hey. I just posted my own introduction page too. I see I'm not quite the only person to be overwhelmed by this... But I do try to look brave... Maybe.
Welcome *hugs Kirin*.
Scarlet Evony
Player

Words: 53274
Joined roleplay: March 19th, 2013, 2:27 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Kirin on March 20th, 2013, 2:57 pm

Lyall Gaius wrote:Phew, I'm so relived! It's nice having someone to talk to on such a huge RPG site, it makes it a little easier to jump into. I don't really know where to start as far as RPing goes 0.0 but I'm sure we'll figure it out eventually. My PC is in Lhavit right now, but I've only got as far as posting his entrance into the city. Maybe we could have our characters meet up?

Who knows really. Not being sure where to start myself, I only just put up my first post with my PC today. I would like it if our characters could meet up at some point. Maybe mine will travel to Lhavit if he doesn't die from being in a quest :D .

Seems like overhwlmed is a standard nature I suppose Ami. Maybe we can all help each other out? *Offers another hug*
Last edited by Kirin on March 20th, 2013, 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kirin
Player

Character sheet

Postby Phoeniana on March 20th, 2013, 6:44 pm

...We're all on the same page! =D
Phoeniana
Goddess of Fire

Words: 15032
Joined roleplay: March 16th, 2013, 10:13 pm
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet

Postby Scarlet Evony on March 20th, 2013, 6:58 pm

Hey. It's so nice to meet you too. I always told Bary he's got a talent for making people like him.
Scarlet Evony
Player

Words: 53274
Joined roleplay: March 19th, 2013, 2:27 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Lyall Gaius on March 20th, 2013, 10:52 pm

All of the sudden I don't feel so alone! It's fantastic :) I don't actually know who I'm replying to here, but I'm just going to go ahead and say hi to anyone who's posted in this thread. Hi!
Lyall Gaius

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Tayn on March 20th, 2013, 10:59 pm

You are not alone. I'm new too and just trying to take it all in. To everyone - Hi! You guys are farther along then me I haven't even finished my character yet.
Tayn
Player

Words: 2616
Joined roleplay: March 20th, 2013, 8:52 pm
Race: Eypharian

Next