Field Tested (Marlay)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

An undead citadel created before the cataclysm, Sahova is devoted to all kinds of magical research. The living may visit the island, if they are willing to obey its rules. [Lore]

Field Tested (Marlay)

Postby Miro on April 9th, 2013, 6:09 am

Miro was pleased to find them on such agreeable terms. Marlay said just what was needed, and it was apparent that there was no further need for conditioning. "I can not help but to agree with you entirely. Let us share in our common love, and we will leave it at that. Together we are twice as powerful, twice as secure. Those who prove loyal, useful, trustworthy, I keep them under my protection. But of course, you are more than just those traits and a vessel filled with soul and Djed. You are a person, a friend. My dear friend. Never will I let someone dear to me slip away to Dira before their time. However, I beg you to enjoy your mortality while you can. Sometimes even the pangs of hunger and fatigue can be enjoyable. You may find the best meals and dreams of your life after."

The undead looked at her flesh, still vibrant with life, yet so slowly withering. "Even as you find this place taking away your vitality, embrace it. Take the pain it brings you, know that one day you will miss even them." He looked up at the sky and brushed the hair back from his face. "I haven't had a dream in years. My only dream now is the one I live. That is, one of realization, of course." His gaze once again fixed itself on Marlay's kind eyes. He took her hand in his own and sighed to himself. "It is time for your initiation. I will be as gentle as possible, but it will still be painful. Close your eyes now. Imagine something beautiful."

Miro took his other hand and drug a claw to create a slit in Marlay's palm. He covered the slit with his other hand and began to flow his Res inside. The substance would slowly make its way deep into her being and explore her insides. It would feel like a poison coursing through her veins. He held her hand in his own two hands and gently shushed her. "I know it hurts, but you'll be okay." Though the one slit would not be enough to initiate her. It was customary to also flow it into the initiate's lungs as well. Both of his hands were tasked to be clasped onto hers, which left him with few alternatives. The wizard leaned in and placed his lips on hers. He began to produce gaseous Res in his mouth and will it to push past hers and down into her lungs. No matter how much she would tug and resist, he would not let her slip away and stop the process. A portion of the Res in her lungs would be transmuted to air and flown out of her nose so that she would not suffocate.

This process would continue for several chimes, at which point he would remove his Res and guard her weakened body. The initiation was often very cruel. It caused terrible agony, second only to the Leeching initiation. Convulsions and loss of consciousness were quite common, yet he would do all he could to ease her through it. During the process he would push an emotional response of calmness into her and only stop the spell when she passed out. Afterwards he would lay her head in his lap and gently stroke her hair and await her awakening. When finally her eyes opened, she would see him smiling down at her. Good morning, he would say. "I do hope your pain is tolerable. Please, take your time and gather your strength. I have heard that the prairie's mudpool can ease aches of the living. If'n you'd like, I will carry you there to recover a bit."
Miro
Not quite Nuit, just a little undead.

Words: 1238727
Joined roleplay: May 15th, 2011, 7:52 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Field Tested (Marlay)

Postby Marlay on April 10th, 2013, 11:56 pm

There was an idea that hadn't exactly sunk in yet, what life would be like if she were undead. What kind of life did the unliving lead anyway? Was it an eternity of sorrow and personal torment? She did not know what made a ghost, but a surely a ghost was a creature of psychological and emotional anguish. Is this what she would submit herself to? To avoid the courtyard of lost souls? She wondered about it, what it would be like to watch those around her wilt and wither as she stood undaunted by times corrosive wake. It was a thought that sat upon a balance, weighing carefully the cost of sacrifice against its gain.
It was like Miros words really began to make her wake up to what a life changing experience to become undead would be, once it was done it could not be revoked.

Your right, but I must be cautious Sahova is not a friendly place for pulsers. Danger lurks around every corner and corridor.

Anything to avoid Death, Anything to avoid being Madam Wanzas little pathetic puppet.

Her palm was cut open, and she began to bleed.

Marlay closed her eyes when Miro told her to think of something beautiful, but the only thing she could think about was that courtyard. Or the fading paint in master witsles laboratory door.

She didn't exactly know how to react, she knew that this was supposed to be a cruel and awful experience and she did her very best to prepare for the very worst. She closed her eyes, thinking back to Wanzas garden of lost souls, how she must move forward in order to progress.

Whatever was going on it coursed through her veins like a vipers kiss, she could feel it thumping through her veins. It was uncomfortable as it pushed across her skin protruding then slinking back like it was breathing. She felt like she was being torn apart, her instincts told her to leech. To drain as much energy as she could, to consume and consume but she had to fight that urge and submit to a pain she swore never to relive again.

It was hard for the Wizard to keep progressing as she was starting to feel like she was suffocating but then she had been told everything would be ok. And suddenly it wasn't so bad.

She could feel lips press against hers, she didn't fight back she relaxed as air was filling her lungs. She was capable of breathing

From there, Marlay blacked out she was on the ground and was out for the rest of the day.

Miro would wake Marlay from her sleep with a good morning.

Her drowsy eyes would slowly start to open and she smiled to him softly, she felt like she got her ass kicked hard.

Im ok thank you, ughhh I feel like I got kicked in the face by an akalak. I take it im alive still? So it worked?

She struggled to get get up, and she got there only to clumsily flop back down. It was a bad miserable experience, she felt completely sapped of her strength.

The mudpool sounds nice lets go

Marlay was happy and she was smiling at Miro.

Oh, by the way thank you. You've given me a wonderful gift im sure.
Marlay
Stay Thirsty My Friend

Words: 26372
Joined roleplay: February 7th, 2013, 3:48 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Field Tested (Marlay)

Postby Miro on April 12th, 2013, 4:43 pm

Miro started his pampering of his freshly born apprentice by creating an amount of Res and shaping it into a small bowl. He transmuted the substance to stone, then filled it with Res that was transmuted to water. He helped Marlay prop herself up and assisted her in drinking the substance. "Here, have a drink. You need your strength." The woman was very weak, but that was to be expected. The undead helped her to her feet, then took her in his arms to carry. One arm under her knees, the other supporting her back. She was not too heavy, and no matter the distance, his body would not tire from the extra weight.

It had been bells since Ender left, and he wondered how the creature was doing. In all of their time together, never had they been apart. Never out of sight when in his natural form. Why the damn Irylid had to stay away so long was beyond the wizard. Surely there was no way he would leave him forever, for it was not safe. Oh well, he would have to throw those concerns away for now. Lucky for Marlay, they were only a short distance from the mudpool. When they did arrive, he gently let her down, but still supported her. "If you are too weak to disrobe, do not worry of messing your clothes. It is just mud, so my Reimancy can remove all traces of it." With metal robe and all, the wizard worked his way into the mud. If she seemed to need assistance, he would do anything at all he could to help.

"What I have given you is an added potential. In you there is already great potential, I have just added something. Now it just needs awakening. This in you, the ability to produce Res. But let me warn you of this first off, and listen well to what I say. Reimancy and Leeching do not mix well, not at all. Avoid using the skill with leeched Djed, lest you risk a spell going wild. But, as I was saying, Res and all. When you learn to produce this substance, it will move according to your will. See, it is a part of you, though transmuted to an unstable separated form. This substance is unique to you, but itself, your Djed taken the primordial essence of element. From this base substance all elements can be transmuted, once learned. And that is the next step after learning control, finding your first element. Control of Res and its transmutation to elements. The elements can even be combined to create customized forms. That is Reimancy, a most powerful magic. Alone it can be difficult or even impossible to gain a grasp on the skills needed. Lucky it is for you that you have me."
Miro
Not quite Nuit, just a little undead.

Words: 1238727
Joined roleplay: May 15th, 2011, 7:52 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Field Tested (Marlay)

Postby Fallacy on June 4th, 2013, 3:07 am

XP Award!

Name:Miro
XP Award:
  • Glyphing- 2
  • Leeching- 1
  • Flux- 1
  • Hypntoism- 3
  • Meditation- 1
  • Persuasion- 2
  • Seduction- 2
Lore:
  • Forming Runes with Reimancy
  • Enders Complaints Against Magic
  • Hypnotism to ease Reimancy initiation
  • Shielding Basics
  • Marlay- Kindred Spirit
  • Selling Yourself
Notes:

MIro is such a creeper.

Minor Overgiving- Miros will feel pain in his neck when he goes to talk. This will go away almost completely in Summer, but will be completely healed at the start of Fall.

Any questions or concerns about the rewards gained please send a PM :)

12 hour shifts have started, and Im working 6-7 days a week mandatory overtime. My replies will be slow until I can adjust to this new groove.
Fallacy
I think you're crazy just like me.

Words: 493223
Joined roleplay: June 23rd, 2011, 7:58 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Featured Contributor (1) Donor (1)

Previous