Closed The Singer and The Healer

[Iosha] Aradia goes to the Bent Arrow to practice archery, and meets a beautiful pale female attempting to do the same.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The westernmost tip of Kalea, Wind Reach is home to an amazing group of people and their giant eagle mounts. [Lore]

The Singer and The Healer

Postby Aradia on April 8th, 2013, 9:21 am

The Konti took on an ethereal glow about her, as the glow of the mushrooms bathed her in their colorful, glowing light. It was a beautiful sight to see, and Aradia felt a little jealous too. For someone to hold that much beauty and act oblivious to it, should be a sin. Aradia smiled as the woman patted the mossy cushion beside her, telling her it was damp. She sat beside the woman, and let out a relieved sigh. She was happy to sit down; they had been walking for awhile. She could not tell how long it was; it seemed all time was lost in the depths of the Underground Forest. Out of instinct, she let her body relax, taking on a calm feeling like she would during meditation. She sat there in her peace, as she glanced over at the large ball of Res in the other woman’s palm, listening to her speak.

The Reimancer had not thought about helping in the Hydroponic Gardens before. She had been too focused on her singing, learning to project her voice better, perfecting her tone, and of course writing her lyrics as well to even think about getting another job. Plus, learning two more elements would take a lot of time and practice, and she knew her own impatient persona might not be able to handle such a goal. ”I am not sure if I could work in the gardens with Reimancy. It would take a lot of time to learn earth and water reimancy, and honestly…. Singing is my passion for now. But if you wanted to show me the basics of gardening, that would be fun to learn I suppose.” Aradia said with a soft smile, as she directed her attention back to the res in the palm of Iosha’s hand. She watched as the woman rolled the ball in her hand, ”Even if I do not work in the gardens, I am always here to talk Iosha.” Aradia reassured her friend, with a warm smile, and a small touch of her hand on the shoulder for emphasis.

The Reimancer inhaled a deep breath and let it out, focusing on her Djed inside her as the chimes ticked by she let the confidence grow inside her till the time was right to expel her Djed into Res. It would take time, and she did not mind, she enjoyed the company of her friend and watching her perform her own Reimancy. Focusing and holding on to her Djed was a little hard, but she did so. Inhaling softly, exhaling softly, as she kept a close touch on her Djed, and watching her fellow Reimancer ignite the ball of Res into water. She held up the ball with a smile, and Aradia nodded and chuckled when it began to waver, making the Konti’s eyes narrow and will it back into shape. She listened to Iosha’s story of how she came to know the arcane arts, and replied with her own, ”I learned from my mother and father. I am not skilled in either though, still learning the basics of both.” Aradia said softly, a little lost in her meditative trance.

Aradia had never tried to control the temperature of something before with her fire reimancy. She usually just ignited a ball of fire, and played with it a little before thumping out into water, or the air, and watched as it dissolved into nothingness since she could not hold onto it for long distances.”Honestly I never tried controlling the temperature before. Though we could try it I suppose with the water. Maybe I can make it freeze?” Aradia offered. She was not sure if it were possible, fire was hot, but if she could somehow manage to control the temperatue of the fire, and mixed it with the water that Iosha had made, maybe it could make the ball of water freeze into ice, or fail miserably, either way it was worth a shot.

The Reimancer nodded her head, and focused once more solely on her Djed. She expelled a fair amount of Res into her palm, about the size of a small fist, and watched the purple glow of Res dance above her palm. After a few chimes of inhaling and exhaling deeply, she kept her focus on the Res and her Djed, as she ignited the outer layer of the Res into flames. It did not happen all at once, it did take a few tries to get it to ignite all the way around, but after five chimes it was a ball of fire hovering over her hand.

Now came the tricky part, she felt the warm glow of the fire on her palm, and concentrated on that. The way the temperature of the small ball of fire was, the way it felt to her. She stayed focused on the temperature and her Djed, and willed the ball of fire to become colder. She felt a slight change of temperature after about five chimes, but not enough to make the water freeze, so she inhaled deeply, closing her eyes and closing off all distractions around her, becoming lost in her peace and calm, focusing on the temperature of her palm, she touched her Djed once again, willing the ball of fire to cool down. After fifteen chimes ticked by, she felt the temperature drop, she felt the palm of her become cold. She was numb to the actual temperature of the Reimancy, else she would not be able to do Fire at all. But if the slight feeling was cold maybe she had willed cold fire after all.

Trying not to get too excited Aradia decided to test it on actual water first, she leaned over and dipped some water out of the lake, holding the small amount carefully into her palm, she hovered the ball of cold fire over her other palm. The fire wavered into the air, and Aradia frowned, focusing harder on making it travel that short distance. Finally it was hovering over her other palm, and the water in her palm felt cold as ice, it had not turned into ice completely though. But there was a very thin layer of ice on the water.

All the focusing that it took for her to achieve that, she was feeling really tired, and a mild head ache was beginning to stir at the back of her head. She showed Iosha the water with a tired smile, and released the b all of fire into the lake, letting it sizzle out. The Reimancer shook her head slightly, she knew what it felt like to almost over give, and she was dancing on the cliff now, close to plummeting into a two day long sleep if she continued anymore.

”Well that was… interesting. Aradia said on a yawn, rubbing her temples slightly, ”But it did take a lot of focus and Djed to accomplish. With more practice it will become easier I think, and maybe even possible to freeze water.” Aradia looked over at her friend and gave her a weak smile. She was tired, but still she had enough strength to do other things, maybe not magic anymore but there was always another day to practice shielding magic again. Though she did have a question about Water Reimancy, "So with the Water Reimancy, is it easier to will the element for you, or easier to be around water to do it?" Aradia just wondered, because she had never tried Fire Reimancy around a fire before, and wondered if it would be easier to actually have the element around to do her magic. She figure it probably would be, but everyone was different.
Common Bold
Vani Bold/Italic
Nari Black Color

~*~ Posting Will Be Slow Until I am Done With Finals At College, and of course other RL events that has been keeping me busy! I will reply to any and all threads ASAP. I apologize for the wait! ~*~
Aradia
The Singer of Stories

Words: 139179
Joined roleplay: December 28th, 2012, 3:18 am
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Iosha on April 9th, 2013, 3:31 am

Iosha watched in concern as the young sorceress tried to change the fire's temperature without a second thought. It was a scary moment for the konti because her Grandmother would have stopped her immediately if she tried to do magic on a whim. Watching the event, Iosha was starting to get scared for her friend because she was starting to fatigue. Iosha tossed her ball of water into the lake, and she watched difficultly trying to hide the concern on her face. If Aradia would have lost control of her flame, the beautiful Inarta could have been seriously injured or worse. Iosha frowned when she saw the woman yawning and rubbing her temples after preforming her spell. With a frown on her face, Iosha stood up and knelt in front of her friend. She reached up, touched her cheek, and leaned forward to get a better look at Aradia's multicolored eyes. She started to examine each eye looking to see if they are blood shot. Iosha knew Aradia's magical instructor was her mother, and the konti knew the Inarta woman would defend her mother's instructions to the grave. However, Iosha saw in Aradia the impulsiveness of a new student to the magical art when she watched Aradia try to make a cold flame.

When Iosha was younger, she wanted to be as powerful as her grandmother in the magical arts, so she pushed herself to the limit, and she tried to do things well beyond her capabilities as a student. In Mura, she was even being watched by the mother's consul for a time before her grandmother told her to slow down her studies in her magic. Iosha took her hand away from the woman cheek and took both of Aradia's hands and said softly, “Aradia, you definitely have the gift, but why did you try to make a fire cold? Honestly, I was concerned for your safety because you tried to make a heat source do the opposite of it's nature...” Iosha licked her lips trying to figure out what to say without sounding like she was scolding the woman and she continued softly, “My Grandmother made me study the elements before I even attempted to manipulate them with my djed. When I first studied fire, I had to build a campfire from scratch, and I learned about the properties of fire from observing it. I learned if you want to the fire to burn for long periods of time. You need two forms of fuel for the fire, wood and air. Now if you increase the amount of wood to the firr than your fire will increase in size and heat, but also it will start consuming your fuel faster in result, so you need to keep adding more wood to maintain the intensity of your fire.”

Iosha blew a stray hair from her face and continued her lecture, “Now let us apply it to magic, Aradia. You want to make magical fire, so you need your two sources of fuel. In magical fire your wood would be personal djed or res, and you second source of fuel the air flow would be your will. Now if you want to increase your intensity of your magical fire, you would need to add more wood or djed to your flame, and to add wood, you will need to increase the amount of will or air flow to your flame.” Iosha learned magical theory differently than most wizard since she knew many wizards had a tendency to just do something without understanding the proprieties and consequences of their actions. The Endal Cait was a prime example of one of those types of magic users. Iosha took a deep breath and continued her lecture, “First, I was impressed you were able to do it without killing yourself this time, but Now, I want you to apply what you learned about fire to your cold flame.” Iosha inwardly cringed to herself when she realized she channeled her grandmother in the last statement and squeezed Aradia's hands and said softly, “Your magical fire is feeding off your personal djed to maintain the flame's intensity, and you want the fire to switch it's nature from being hot to a opposite nature of being cold.” Iosha shook her head and said gently, “Aradia, do you realize the whole time you were fighting against the element nature? The flame didn't want to be cold, so you had to will it to be cold. The process of willing elements into doing the opposite of their nature causes much strain on the wizard's body and mind because you need fight with the flame to get cold. However, the flame will fight back against your will to maintain it intensity, so it will start consuming more djed from your body to keep it's intensity...”

Iosha mind was racing a mile a minute trying to put into terms she could understand, so the konti's violet eyes kept darting from feature to feature on Aradia's face. She wiped some sweat from her brow, took a deep breath, and said softly, “I believed if you continued to make the flame colder, you could have burned up all your djed trying to accomplish your task, and you could have fell unconscious or died in the process, Aradia.” Iosha violet eyes looked at the mossy ground beneath them and said softly, “My grandmother told me before magic is a double edge sword, but I know from experience that even the hilt of the sword can cut too.” Iosha release Aradia's hand and ran it through her silvery blond hair and said softly, “As I said magic fire needs a second fuel source too that is your will. When I observed my camp fire, I was sitting by the fire, and I felt a large gust of wind hit me from behind since it was coming from the sea. However, the gust of wind hit my fire too. My campfire sprung to life, and suddenly the flames were taller than a man. However, the wind continued to increase in strength, and the flames were blown into a nearby bush. Luckily my grandmother was there, and she summoned a huge ball of water and extinguished the bush.” Iosha stopped and remembered the look on her grandmother's face, “All my grandmother said, 'I hope you learned a valuable lesson about fire and reimancy there.' I was dumbfounded all night, but next morning I had come up with conclusion. I learned that fire or any element can go out of control if you put to much of your will into on single task.”

Iosha took Aradia's hands again, gave them a gentle squeeze, and continued gently, “When you were fighting with the flame to change it's nature, you needed to put a extreme amount of your own will into the spell to get it to switch it's nature since the flame was fighting back against your will. When you increase the amount of will, you have two outcomes for your spell. First your spell will be completely controlled by your will, or you can loose control of your element. You should know being a wizard what the consequences of loosing control of your magic does to property, yourself, and people you care about.” Iosha bite her lip and looked at a large glowing mushroom tree and said without looking at her, “Sorry Aradia if I sounded like I was scolding you, but I know from personal experience the consequences of over-giving, and I wouldn't be a good friend or fellow wizard if I didn't say anything if something concerned me. Please forgive me if I insulted you just now...”
Iosha
The Pale Lady

Words: 510412
Joined roleplay: June 9th, 2012, 5:31 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Featured Character (1)

Postby Aradia on April 10th, 2013, 1:06 am

Aradia felt weird, she knew what it felt like to overgive, and she was feeling that same feeling just now. She had to put so much of her Djed into that small flame just to change it into a cold one, that almost all of her Djed was used. Her head was starting to pound slightly, her lids wanted to fall close so badly. But the voice of the Konti kept her awake. ”I tried… because… you wanted… uhhh… you wanted to see if it were possible.” Aradia stammered out, yawning slightly. Her head was a constant beat, pounding like the hooves of a horse upon the ground. She could not shut her eyes just yet, her friend was beginning a lecture. She stayed silent throughout the five chime lecture, nodding her head all the while, a weak smile on her face.

She knew what she had just done was stupid, foolish. She should of never tried doing it, at least she shouldn’t of willed it so hard. Her friend continued on, scolding her, lecturing her about how she was abusing her magic. But the words still clung in her mind, every word Iosha spoke, so full of intelligence. She would remember those words, no matter how tired she was. Aradia knew she was being foolish, but she wanted to make her friend happy. She wanted to at least attempt it. If she had not of tried it, she would have never known whether or not it was possible. It was a big risk, but life without risks is boring. After Iosha was done speaking, she patted the woman’s pale arm and smiled, ”I am .. not insulted… you are right. I was being foolish…” Aradia said softly, laying down on the soft moss. ”My head hurts… My eyes are heavy… I…” Aradia could not finish her sentence, for the tiredness of performing such magic had enveloped her body, and she passed out on the moss. Finally succumbing to her tired body, finally closing her eyes and drifting off into a deep slumber. Her dreams were filled with magic, the fire burning her, burning her body. Every time her skin would burn off, more skin would appear, and more would be burned off.

After thirty chimes, Aradia awoke with a start, jerking up from the soft moist ground, a small scream on her lips. Her hands ran up and down her arms, all over her flesh. Making sure the flames of her dreams were gone, her skin was still there. Once she was calm, sure she was not burning alive, she glanced around, ”Iosha?!... Iosha!?” Aradia called out, slightly panicked. Her vision was a little blurry, she couldn’t focus on much of anything, her head was still pounding, but she was not as tired as she was.

OOCIf you would like, we can start part 2 of the Underground now :).

Note for STI am not sure if I played the Reimancy right or not. I tried to make it where the PC could not really handle changing the flames temp. by her being on the edge of overgiving or something. Anyways, if I did something wrong with the Reimancy any helpful critique would be welcomed :) That way I can do better next time!
Common Bold
Vani Bold/Italic
Nari Black Color

~*~ Posting Will Be Slow Until I am Done With Finals At College, and of course other RL events that has been keeping me busy! I will reply to any and all threads ASAP. I apologize for the wait! ~*~
Aradia
The Singer of Stories

Words: 139179
Joined roleplay: December 28th, 2012, 3:18 am
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Stardust on May 11th, 2013, 1:57 am

Aradia

Skill XP Earned
Socialization 3
Observation 1
Short Bow 3
Tracking 1
Reimancy - Fire 2

Lores Earned
Meeting An Avora: Iosha
Embarrassment Can Lead To Excitement
A Study Partner In the Making
A Close Encounter
Manipulating The Temperature Of Fire

Iosha

Skill XP Earned
Observation 1
Socialization 3
Short Bow 2
Rhetoric 1
Reimancy - Water 1
Teaching 2

Lores Earned
Threatening At An Arrow Can Make It Obey
Aradia: A Timid Chiet
Comedy In The Face Of Danger
Worry For A Friend's Safety

Dream On

What an interesting yet rather humorous thread that turned into an adventure! I wasn't expecting that switch! There were some funny threatening to inanimate objects, a spontaneous adventure, trashy romance novels, flirtatious winks, Fire and Water and so much more! Just the fun kind of things I love! Nice job you two! As for the Reimancy, it made sense to me and seemed to be fair to the character! So it seems all good in my book! *nods* :)

If you have any questions or concerns regarding your grade, please send me a PM and we can figure it out. :)
Stardust
A Loophole in Limbo

Words: 89537
Joined roleplay: April 17th, 2013, 3:49 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Previous