[Verified by Jupiter] Kiyeri

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, all the character sheets are kept for player characters. Feel free to come on in, browse the forum, look at what sort of characters others have created, and then begin your very own!

Moderator: Liaisons

Kiyeri

Postby Kiyeri on March 25th, 2013, 9:39 am

Kiyeri (formally of the Flint Knife clan)

Secret :

Appearance

Race: Myrian
Birthday: 28, Winter, 495
Birthplace: Taloba

Appearance:

A dark, shrouded figure walks towards you...

Secret :
She is dark skinned. A common trait among most Myrian people, her skin is bare and has only one tattoo (of a tiger's claw mark) on each breast. Her lips are full and wide, and her nose mirrors it's size by a margin. Her eyes are large and sometimes tearful. They are hazel (greenish brown) in color, complete with long lashes and a high brow that seems to compliment her brown looks.

Kiyeri's hair is thick and coarse, and is rarely put in any style (a sign of her mother's favoritism towards her sisters, who have braided/coiled hair). It's wild and free flowing and the only real care it receives is a wash and a rough brush and comb through.

Her body is slightly tall, being only five feet and six inches in height and balanced at a weight of 130.

She is usually barefoot, but will grow accustomed to wearing shoes and boots in due time. Because her hair is long enough to reach her chest, she only wears a loincloth and/or a shawl, in the case of rain. Because she does not want to scare people away, she has decided that she would cover her body (head to foot) in a shapeless, brown cloak.

Character Concept

Kiyeri is the black sheep of her mother's longhouse. While she is capable of holding her own, she is far too nervous and timid to be a true warrior in her family's eyes. For the longest time, her mother used to lament at how lazy and slothful her daughter was. Instead of working, she would leave to play around. Kiyeri was (and still is) a daydreamer. She was a chatty thing, and in a way, she still is. A boaster, she's known to tell more than a few tall tales in her short lifetime.

She is usually lost in her thoughts and apparently bored with the life that was given to her. Which only makes her status among her family even lower.

Even if she does have a more, wistful nature, she is still loyal to a fault and holds her heritage up with an instilled pride.

Because of how she regrets her actions and behavior of the past, she tries to make it up by being more aloof and somber around foreign strangers. Who, as she travels further, make her realize that it is she, that is the foreigner.

Character History

Tima never asked for a daughter like her. A proud warrior, Tima had expected her youngest child to be as fearless as her four older daughters. To be a huntress and a fighter. Tima was of proud, childbearing stock. But how could she ever give life to such...a failure? Kiyeri was an easy pregnancy and an easy birth. A complacent infant, her parents felt as if they had it all.
Four, now five, beautiful daughters to raise. Five more warrior women to hunt and boast about to their colleagues. Maybe it was their pride that made the gods take notice, for in the next few years, instead of a rambunctious young tot, Kiyeri became a quiet, yet needy, little girl.

She cried easily and was a constant strain on her mother's work. She became the unfavorite in Tima's eyes very quickly, yet she was adored by her father, Iktomo, sisters, and grandmother. Old Eiya was a warrior in the past who fought many a battle against invaders and was a treasure trove of knowledge and insight to her granddaughter. It was through her that she learned how to fight and hunt. By her first bleeding at her 10th year, her grandmother became a surrogate mother to the unloved girl.

Still, she was still far too different from her own sisters. Kiyeri would be less concerned with war life and fighting, and instead, focused on storytelling and physical competitions, like makeshift swimming contests. She always seemed to find a way to shirk responsibilities that she felt were too hard and too daunting. This, even got on Eiya's and Iktomo's nerves. So, at fourteen, she decided to wake up and attempt to follow in her sisters' footsteps. At fifteen, she rode her first tiger

At sixteen, she was the last of her family to perform a war dance, and was finally accepted as a woman within her tribe. But it was far too late for her to be on mother's good graces. Tima didn't even bother to attend the ceremony or the subsequent tattooing, which only bruised young Kiyeri's pride and snuffed out what little relationship they had.

Kiyeri slowly settled on a comfortable life as a bachelorette hunter that would probably die unwed and without children of her own. She rarely did much during this time, besides go on long hunting trips, of course and tip-toed around her mother's bad temper. Sometimes, people would come to her for a story, but other than that, she had no real, lasting friendships. Men ignored her, they felt she was too much of a late bloomer to birth capable daughters.

She was just too strange.

The sad story of her exile happened only a few nights ago. Her eldest sister gave birth to her third child, a son, and people, of course, celebrated. There was food and alcohol. A lot of alcohol. She drank too much for her own liking, she will always admit that. Her third sister, who was also drunk, challenged her to a fight, to see who will have the next child. Kiyeri accepted and that's when their brawl began. It was all fun rough housing, at first. The rest of the family even egged them both on. Soon, it became a bit too serious.

Eiya tried to break the women up, but they ignored her, their minds too hazed by wine and meat. At first, it appeared that, Altiya, her sister, was the victor, with Kiyeri thrown to the ground in bruises. But she was a sore loser as a drunk. And so, she picked up one of the stones used to smash large fruit and animal bones with, and flung it into the back of Altiya's skull...killing her instantly.

It all happened so fast and she immediately sobered up when she saw her sister's body at her feet. But it was far too late for her to explain herself.

MURDERER.

Her sister's husband held her cold body in tears, while her mother brandished her knife and charged. She had knicked her neck before her own mother, Kiyeri's grandmother, Eiya, grabbed her arm in place. Eiya, as the true matriarch would have the final say in the fate of Kiyeri. During that time, she was to be the last of the family to eat and the only member of the clanhome that was allowed to be near her was Eiya. After five days, it was decided that it would be best if she left and either come back a real warrior...or never come back at all. In tears, she begged that they kill her instead. She had no one in but the clan in this vast world. But not even Iktomo could soothe her.

Her things were thrown to the ground and she was given some Bikka and a horse.

By night, Kiyeri was just a memory and as she rode off in the darkness, she realized that she may never be able to come back.

Language

Fluent Language: Myrian
Basic Language: Char
Poor Language: Common

Skills

Skill EXP Acquired Total Proficiency
Land Navigation # SP # 17 # 17 Novice
Brawling # SP # 10 # 10 Novice
Cooking # SP # 5 # 5 Novice
Storytelling # SP # 6 # 6 Novice
Tracking # RB # 11 # 11 Novice
Climbing # SP # 7 # 7 Novice
Wilderness Survival # SP # 5 # 5 Novice
Dagger # SP # 1 # 1 Novice
Observation # SP # 4 # 4 Novice

Lores

Helpful Lores:

Lore of Building a Fire
Lore of Myrian Culture
Helping Can Also be a Hindrance
Becoming Lost in the Jungle
Yukmen: Earth Demons
Razkar: Seemingly a God
Making Your First Kill

Possessions

1 Cotton/Linen Chemise
1 Cotton/Linen Loincloth
1 Cotton/Linen Undergarments
1 Cotton/Linen Cloak
1 Simple Boots
1 Waterskin
1 Backpack which contains:
-Comb (Bone)
-Brush (Bone)
-Soap
-Razor
-Balanced Rations (1 Week’s Worth)
-1 eating knife
-Flint & Steel
100 gm (Previously, Bikka. Currently, Kina)

Heirloom: A leather strap - a piece of her fallen sister's bootlaces along with the tip of her grandmother's old knife. She wears it as a necklace and a reminder of her ultimate shame.

Housing

House: No house, but a tent that she uses to shield herself from heavy rains and heat.

Temporary Housing: Shooting Star Inn; Lhavit; from Summer 82 to Fall 1st

Ledger

Purchase Cost Total
Starting +100gm 100 gm
Boots; Riding - 1 sm 100 gm
Pants (Loose fitting; dyed maroon) -2 gm 98 gm
Cotton shirt (white) -1 sm 98 gm
Belt -2 sm 98 gm
Shortspear - 2 gm 96 gm

Thread List

Title Date Location Region
Adventure Time [with Svan, and Samantha] Spring, Day 40 of 513 AV The Unforgiving Kalea Region
The World Upon your Back Will Crack Spring, Day 25 of 513 AV The Jungle Wilds Falyndar Region (solo)
Soul's Hate (Razkar) Winter, Day 7 of 511 AV Outskrits of Taloba Falyndar Region - Completed
Last edited by Kiyeri on July 9th, 2013, 6:41 am, edited 20 times in total.
Kiyeri
This is a gift, it comes with a price.

Words: 29840
Joined roleplay: March 25th, 2013, 8:01 am
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Kiyeri the Exiled

Postby Kiyeri on March 29th, 2013, 4:46 am

KIYERI'S RUN

Companion(s)

Name: Nkomo, literally 'cattle'

Sex: Male

Nkomo is a form of a parting gift from her clan. Because she has failed to prove worthy enough to ride a Myrian tiger in their eyes, Nkomo was given to ensure she had a means of transportation. So far, she has formed a type of bond with the animal, and views him as the only living thing she has of her past.

He is her closest friend and nuzzles her face when she is upset. He is slightly haughty, but aims to please and is usually friendly. He likes grass and cranberries.
And in the spring I shed my skin
And it blows away with the changing wind
The waters turn from blue to red
As towards the sky I offer it

Kiyeri

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Kiyeri

Postby Kiyeri on July 7th, 2013, 8:38 am

The Roleplay Sessions w/
Kiyeri

General Information :
1. What is your Name? I am Kiyeri. Formerly of the Flint Knife Clan. That would be the first and last time you should ask.
2. Do you go by a nickname or pet name? Kiye, or Kiye. Although, not many people call me that now.

3. How old are you? I have been alive for 17 winters.
4. What is your height? About 5'6 or 5'7. I am still growing.
5. What is your weight? One hundred and thirty. Again, I am still growing.

Aesthetics :
1. Describe yourself as you see yourself. I am a Myrian.
2. Describe yourself as others typically see you. An idiot.
3. What is your favorite body feature? She points at the scar on her face. "I received that when I fought a Dhani once. We're friends now. Sort of."
4. How physically fit are you? I have always known how to climb a tree. And as a kid, I'd challenge the other kids to swimming contests. Whether I'd win them or not...well, that's different topic altogether.
5. How do you typically dress and what is your style? I honestly don't have much of a style. I don't wear breast coverings, since my hair is long enough to reach my navel. I'm perfectly fine with showing skin when I'm at home or if the climate is too unbearable to deal with under a cloak. I'll have to wear clothes, eventually. But personally, I prefer to dress simply. Clothes get in the way of things. Armor, however, is a different story.

Family :
1. Who are your parents and what are they like? My mother is a warrior named Tima and my father is a hunter named Iktomo. My mother was always tough, and at times, it appeared that she didn't like me all that much. My father's more soft-hearted. He'd always defend me whenever I did something wrong and I messed up A LOT. They were good parents, even my mother if she had some advice or had something nice to say.
2. Do you have any brothers or sisters? I have no brothers, but four sisters. Three, now..
3. What is your extended family like? My grandmother, Eiya, is my mother's mother. She is very kind, like my father, but she was a great warrior in her prime. She taught me how to fight and hunt, along with my father. My father's family lives in a different part of Falyndar and we visit them from time to time. I know that his brothers work as merchants and his sister has been a member of our army for several years, now. His father died a few years back, I didn't know him too well, but he was a nice old man. I wish I could visit them.
4. Do you consider close friends as important or more/less important than family? There was a time that I did, actually. A long time ago. But then we all had to get older and become interested in different things. We all change. Sometimes for the worst and then we stop being so close. At the same time, I am none too sure about family, either. I guess I'm not the best person to ask about this.
5. Do you treat animals like family? My horse, Nkomo, has grown to be the most beloved of my companions. Even if I had known him for such a short time, he has made me feel so much better and I have begun to heal because of him.

1. Where were you born? I was born in Taloba. During the winter. My mother said that I was such a lazy baby that she had to force me out.
2. Where do you live now? I don't live anywhere, really. I just jump and Nkomo and go. Eventually, I'll have to find a job and work, but I don't stay anywhere for too long.
3. If you could live anywhere in Mizahar where would that be? I really want to go back home.
4. Do you have a favorite place to vacation or spend leisure time? I want to go home.
5. Where do you fear to be? ...but I can't.

Traits :
1. Do you have any physical weaknesses (disease, scars, and missing limbs?)
2. Are you right handed or left handed?
3. What languages do you speak? What do you sound like? Do you have an accent?
4. Do you have any odd mannerisms, annoying habits, or other defining characteristics?
5. Do you have (or want to get) any tattoos or piercing? Why do you have them (or will get them) ?

Occupations :
1. What is your occupation?
2. Do you like/dislike your work? Why?
3. If you could be anything you wanted to, what would you be?
4. What occupation do you admire the most? Why?
5. What occupation do you lest like? Why?

Childhood :
1. What sort of child were you?
2. What is your favorite memory from childhood?
3. What is your worst memory from childhood?
4. What sort of relationship did you have with your parents?
5. Who was your most influential rolemodel?

Education :
1. What sort of education do you have?
2. Do you like/dislike learning?
3. Where or how did you learn most of your skills/abilities?
4. How do you learn best?
5. What are your educational goals for the future?

Relationships :
1. Do you form close bonds with people? Why? Why not?
2. Do you trust people easily? If not, why not?
3. Do you consider yourself straight, gay, bi, or something else?
4. Have you ever been kissed? If so, describe the first time.
5. Have you ever had sex? If so, describe the first time.

Drugs and Alcohol :
1. Have you ever been drunk? If so, describe your first time.
2. Do you like to drink on a regular basis?
3. What sort of alcohol do you prefer?
4. Have you ever tried drugs (mood altering substances)? If so, which kinds and what did you think of them?
5. What do you think of drugs and alcohol? Be specific.

Likes and Dislikes :
1. What are your hobbies?
2. Do you like to read?
3. What annoys you more than anything else?
4. What do you find the most relaxing activity to do?
5. What kinds of things embarrass you? Why?

Favorites :
1. What is your favorite color or colors?
2. What is your favorite time of day?
3. What is the most beautiful thing you’ve ever seen?
4. What do you like to eat? What do you hate to eat?
5. What is your favorite type of weather? Does any kind scare you?

Outlook :
1. Are you optimistic or pessimistic?
2. What are your religious views?
3. Would you be able to kill?
4. What are your views on sex?
5. What, in your opinion, makes a successful life?

Actions :
1. What is the worst and best thing you’ve ever done?
2. What is your greatest regret?
3. What is your best/worst memory?
4. If you could change one thing about your past, what would it be and why?
5. What are you the most proud of doing in your life?

Emotions :
1. How honest are you about your thoughts and feelings with others?
2. Do you have any biases or prejudices?
3. What makes you happy?
4. Who or what, if anything, would you die for?
5. What makes you angry?

Relationships :
1. In general, how do you treat others?
2. Who is the most important person in your life, and why?
3. Who is the person you respect the most, and why?
4. Do you have a spouse or significant other? If not, describe an ideal lover.
5. Do you trust anyone to protect you? Who, and why

Group Situations :
1. Do you tend to argue with people, or avoid conflict?
2. Do you tend to take on leadership roles in social situations?
3. Do you like interacting with large groups of people? Why or why not?
4. Do you care what others think of you?
5. What do you think of others, in general?

Self Image :
1. What is your greatest strength as a person?
2. What is your greatest weakness?
3. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
4. Are you generally introverted or extroverted?
5. Are you generally organized or messy?

Beliefs :
1. What God or Goddess do you find most appealing, if any?
2. Which God or Goddess do you fear, if any?
3. Do you have any Gnosis Marks? If so, how did you receive them?
4. What lengths would you go to to please your deity?
5. Where do you draw the line at pleasing your deity? What is too much?

Life & Death :
1. What do you absolutely live for?
2. What is the best part of life?
3. What is the best part of death?
4. If you could choose, how would you want to die?
5. What is the one thing for which you would most like to be remembered after your death?
And in the spring I shed my skin
And it blows away with the changing wind
The waters turn from blue to red
As towards the sky I offer it

Kiyeri

Character sheet
Scrapbook