Kids & Competition [Kiyeri]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This is Falyndar at its finest. Danger lurks everywhere - in the ground, in the trees, in the bush. Only the strongest survive...

Moderator: Gossamer

Postby Ayatah on March 30th, 2013, 5:08 pm

|| 30th Summer, 511AV || Mid morning || Kandukta Basin ||

”You’re shining, Ephy.”

Ayatah grumbled and shifted backwards into the shade. One downside to being half-Eypharian (other than, of course, not being a pureblooded Myrian) was that her skin glinted slightly gold when she stood in direct sunlight. In the jungle itself, this wasn’t an issue with the heavy canopy of treetops, but around the Basin there was far less foliage to block out the glistening light.

She threw her cousin an annoyed look, but Bennik merely smirked at her. They returned back to the task at hand… Which, in all fairness, was not much.

As it did ever summer, the basin had swelled and crept forwards, flooding the surrounding area and dragging all kids of fish along with it. The two cousins stood calf-deep in water, Bennik with a spear in his hand and Ayatah armed with her bow and arrow. In the shallow water an arrow plunging into a fish made far fewer waves than the chunky wooden spear, scaring off fewer other fish.

So far, though, they had been unlucky.
”Stop fidgeting.”

[b]”Stop talking."

They fell silent after that, though it did not take long for the half-breed to start sighing and shuffling her feet. Myri, fishing was so dull! Her feet were wet, her legs cold from the cool water and Ayatah was limited to a small patch of shade to avoid glinting like a petching metal statue and scaring off whatever few fish had come to the shallows.

”This isn’t working, Benn.” She grumbled, straightening up and stretching her back. Hunting land animals was much more exciting that merely staring into the murky and muddy water of the basin.

Bennik rolled his eyes and turned to his cousin, who he loved so dearly but who certainly tested his patience with her blatant lack of it.
”Fishing required silence and stillness, Aya. Remember what Quinneth says?”

Ayatah sighed dramatically once more, pulling a face when her cousin turned away from her once again. ”Fishing is a show of skill, patience and determination, but looks nothing more than just skinny-dipping.” She said, drawing out her final words as she repeated one of the many lessons their matriarch and great-grandmother shared with them, ”but she didn’t say it’d be so boring, or take so long.”

Bennik threw her one more disapproving look before sliding through the water and heading a little further into the basin. Then he froze, before lunging his spear about a foot in front of him. When his shot was unsuccessful, he swore.

Ayatah merely laughed.

|| Ayatah's speech || Ayatah's thoughts || Others' speech ||
Ayatah
The Scholarly Savage

Words: 667148
Joined roleplay: December 27th, 2012, 11:30 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Kiyeri on March 31st, 2013, 10:51 pm

"I told you, Miri. This earth demon was 7ft tall!" She stretched her body upwards, her arms sprawled out to show that the Yukmen she supposedly killed (but knowing Kiyeri, was another lie) was well over average height. "...and when it lunged at me, it was if the spirit of Myri herself flowed through my body and guided me to make my first kill."

Miri, the wild haired girl with the painted face only laughed and rolled over on the shoulder of her boyfriend.

"Kiyeri, you told me this story more than a 100 times and I still don't believe you."

Kiyeri scoffed, "How can you doubt me when I have the scar to prove it?", which prompted another girl to speak up, "I remember this story. Kiyeri's making some of it up. Yeah, she killed an earth demon, but she didn't do it like she said she did. She got lost while her clan went to go see our's and she was helped by these two warriors. The earth demon scar she received caused her to buckle and weaken. Her sister carried her the rest of the way." the girl's rasped voice held a tinge of snark that only a person that's heard enough tall tales in one day could hold. The painted girl laughed at Kiyeri, along with her boyfriend, "Yeah, that's right, that was a few seasons ago, right, Sela? She bled everywhere."

"Shut up, Maka..." Kiyeri huffed, if one looked at her closely, you could see her face flare up in a red tint at the handsome male's laughter.

"Well, I thought it was a nice story, Kiy." said a larger male, heavier set male, who was still much younger than the others and more near Kiyeri's age. Kiyeri rolled her eyes, "You always think my stories are nice, Tsu'ley."

"Oi," Sela stifled a laugh, "Be careful with our little brother's heart, you know he likes you." The larger boy's face turned as red as her's did and said nothing but sit back down. "Tsu'ley is my friend!" she exclaimed, trying to save some face, but this only made the others (minus poor Tsu'ley) laugh even harder.

"You're amusing, Kiyeri. But very dim. No wonder your mother's embarrassed of you!" exclaimed Sela.

"You insult my honor, Sela. And for that, I challenge you." Kiyeri's tone turned melodramatic and emotional, "Really, Kiy-kiy?" Sela felt bored by this already. She had other things to do.

"Really!" Kiyeri, much smaller than the girl she stood up against still felt bold enough to push her near the river's edge. "A swimming contest!"

"Watch it, girl. I am still older than you and with a warrior's status. I could kill you and no one would care. Well, besides, Tsu'ley. He'd be heartbroken!" Tsu'ley only wrung his hands and looked down.

Oh, that was it. "You may be bigger than me," Kiyeri gave her a good shove and before Sela knew it, she was drenched, "But I bet you don't have eyes in the back of your head!"

Oooooohhhhhhhh

"Now, Sela...don't get too mad..." Tsu'ley tried to be a mediator between the two, as he tried to wedge himself between Kiyeri and Sela, "Nah, Tsu'ley. I wanna see this." Maka laughed.

They were loud, brash, teenagers. Their voices would've been hard to miss in the jungle.
And in the spring I shed my skin
And it blows away with the changing wind
The waters turn from blue to red
As towards the sky I offer it

Kiyeri
This is a gift, it comes with a price.

Words: 29840
Joined roleplay: March 25th, 2013, 8:01 am
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Ayatah on April 2nd, 2013, 7:02 pm

”Got one!”

”Thank Myri…” One fish was not enough though, Ayatah knew. They’d need to catch at least five more fish to feed even half of the Scattered Bones. When she saw the small bass her cousin had caught, she groaned even louder. ”Bennik, that is not a fish. That is barely a mouthful.”

Her cousin shot Ayatah look, and she said nothing more, though that smirk remained on her face for a while. The two of them slid through the water slowly, eyes downcast and watching for any flashes of silver or brown. Fishing was far from Ayatah’s skill set (or interests) and it seemed that every time she caught sight of something moving, it was nothing more than a seaweed or stone.

She huffed and sighed, stretched her muscles and watched colourful parrots move through the clear sky. Ayatah did just about, well, anything to pass the time. It was not that he was impatient, because she was quite happy waiting for prey to come to her, but fishing was so dull.

”My skin is going wrinkly.” She complained standing on one leg and holding her other foot in her free hand.

Bennik growled in frustration, opened his mouth to give some witty reply, but stopped himself. Instead he frowned and held his breath, straining his hearing. When Ayatah made a sound to demand an answer for his silence and strange facial expression, he held up a hand.

Her scowl turned into a similar frown when Ayatah realised what her cousin had heard. Voices, and damn load ones. What morons stomp through the jungle making such a racket? They stood in silence for a moment, until Ayatah came to a decision. ”Kids.”

Bennik nodded, his grumpy expression unchanging as ever.
”Won’t be kids for long if they carry on making such a noise.”

She wasn’t sure what exactly her dear cousin meant by this, but Ayatah laughed all the same. Sure, it was strange for a group of Myrians to talk so loudly whilst traversing through the jungle, but it was not completely unheard of. Hell, even in her own youth, Ayatah had been as loud and ignorant as the others -- though never when she was in the jungle.

”As long as they don’t come by here and scare off the fish, I don’t really care.”

Ayatah grinned once more, and listened as the happy sounds of teenagers came ever louder and closer.

|| Ayatah's speech || Ayatah's thoughts || Others' speech ||
Ayatah
The Scholarly Savage

Words: 667148
Joined roleplay: December 27th, 2012, 11:30 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Una Tanta on April 5th, 2015, 2:32 pm

Ayatah :
Experience:
    Fishing +1
    Socialization +1
    Observation +1

Lores:
    Fishing: Requires Patience

Kiyeri :
If you return to Mizahar feel free to PM me to receive your grade. :)

Please don't be afraid to PM me with any questions or concerns^-^
Una Tanta
Be The "One Day"

Words: 371301
Joined roleplay: May 15th, 2013, 2:11 am
Race: Charoda
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)