Simultaneously Kelvic and Inarta?

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Postby Kayseraph on March 28th, 2013, 8:05 am

Hello.

I am new here - as evidenced by my profile - and was going through some wiki pages and articles in order to get started.

I was stumped when I was asked to choose my race during registration, since, although my character is Kelvic, she lives in an Inarta community and has assimilated their culture.

I am also considering tracing her Kelvic lineage to an Inarta (the blood used on the Kalderon mimic), which would allow her to have red hair and yellow eyes.

She is able to transform into another form (I have not chosen yet, possibly a cat), and perhaps I can justify her genetics by attributing it to her parents both having recessive genes.

After reading the Mixed Blood wiki article, I considered having her live within a small niche of the society, with her parents being full-Kelvic as well, which would erase any problems with established rules.

Is there a pre-establised rule or norm that prohibits this?

It is true that the Inarta are post-Valterrian and the Kelvics pre-Valterian, but the Oriks were existent back then so I can see no conflicts.
Kayseraph
Player

Words: 4847
Joined roleplay: March 28th, 2013, 7:53 am
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Sira on March 28th, 2013, 10:59 pm

Hi! As someone who is technically half Inarta, half kelvic, I can tell you that we are considered full blooded kelvic for all points and purposes. Yes, Sira's mother was an Inarta, but her father was kelvic, and she was born a kelvic.

I'm not sure what you mean by pre-established rule or norm, but if you want both of your parents to have been kelvic and lived in Wind Reach, that is fine. You'll have to come up with a backstory and all that, of course, but if you can make it work, it's probably fine.

Inarta were a different race before the Valterrian, technically. I can't remember if kelvics were pre-valterian or not, but I think they were. Either way, most people do not know IC what a kalderon mimic is, or that they have anything at all to do with the kelvic race. And any attempt to trace your lineage back to before the Valterian would be almost impossible. But, if you want some Inarta blood in you, I don't see it being a problem. Sira has the red hair of the Inarta, which she inherited form her mother, even though she is considered full Kelvic.

Anyway, I hope this was helpful, and if you have other questions, I'll try to answer.
Nari | Common
Italics are Telepathic
Sira
Player

Words: 737381
Joined roleplay: July 4th, 2010, 3:42 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Overlored (1) Wind Reach Seasonal  Challenge (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Kayseraph on March 31st, 2013, 10:24 am

Thanks for posting your experience Sira.

I guess I should read your background posts in order to find out how the society treats us.

P.S. I would say it is an interesting choice you made for your character.
I also noticed that your occupation is posted as a programmer,
which is what I am studying to become eventually.

Synchronicity or logical relations?
Kayseraph
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Kayseraph on March 31st, 2013, 10:27 am

Also, I think having a parent who is not a Kelvic would break the rules of Mixed Bloods, and your choosing a Wind Eagle form was probably the only way out;
My choosing a feline form might be considered stretching it too far.
Also, Kelvics are post-Valterrian - I checked.

Hmm.. I think I'll just make her Inarta appearance a coincidence.
Kayseraph
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Gossamer on March 31st, 2013, 10:31 am

Hi Kayseraph.

You cannot be KELVIC and Mixed Blood. You are ALWAYS kelvic. :) Kelvics are PRE-Vaterrian. :) Hope that helps.

Goss
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Kayseraph on March 31st, 2013, 10:46 am

Thank you for clearing everything up.

I am just now reading through the Wind Reach lore, after which I hope I'll have enough to start posting. I am also inexperienced with role-playing on forums in general, and this is why I have been taking some time to read some ancient threads.
Kayseraph
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Sira on April 5th, 2013, 2:28 pm

A kelvic being born from a non-kelvic and kelvic mating is rare, but not unheard of. I think kelvics can even come from two humans, technically, if there was a kelvic somewhere in their lineage, but that would be very, very, very rare. I might be wrong on that one though. But most kelvics come from two kelvics mating.

As for the occupation.. it's not programming like you think it would. Programmer just sounds better than, Copy/Paste/Printer. My job title is Small Orders Programmer, for some reason.. but really all I do is copy, paste, and hit print.. all day long.
Nari | Common
Italics are Telepathic
Sira
Player

Words: 737381
Joined roleplay: July 4th, 2010, 3:42 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Overlored (1) Wind Reach Seasonal  Challenge (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)