Difficulties [Full, no new entries please]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Difficulties [Full, no new entries please]

Postby Nealle on June 20th, 2010, 2:06 am

Day 14 of Summer, AV 510

Nealle found herself sitting on her bed, her own silence somewhat bothered her. Today, she was alone. Regardless, it was morning, only hours from noon, but she was alone today, and she didn't particularly desire another solid day of silence. Every now and then, Nealle would hear the footsteps outside. She'd hope for the light graceful Tyuru to barge in, even if she was once again loaded with undesirable questions, or Aren with his large body and amazing strength. Even Wystern, who seemed to correct her, should she make the slightest of grammatical error, would have pleased her by just checking in. All these people were the closest she had to friends, yet met them all once and two days before.

There was one other though. The young squire, Geoffrey. It had been seven days since she last met him, and she let the boy hold onto one of her rings. She was now wondering, a useless feeling really, if he truly had any intention of returning it. The value wasn't much, but it was hers and she liked it. Maybe the jewelry, originally meant to force him to see her again to give it back, was in question of ever being felt around her finger again. Even worse, she liked the young man. He had all the qualities a knight needed. Why wasn't he a knight yet, what did it take?

Nealle herself was only dressed in a Silk Chemise, a silvery white color which covered little more from her chest to several inches below her thigh. As she sat, two hands would be slowly caressing a short sword, her own personal weapon, one her brother got for her, but a tool she could not well use for anything, nor intended to use. The room was dark, but as always, that was no concern to her. She was blind, she was Eypharian, but she was sill very different.
Last edited by Nealle on June 20th, 2010, 4:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nealle
The Scarred Beauty

Words: 27193
Joined roleplay: June 11th, 2010, 3:58 am
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet

Difficulties [Open]

Postby Geoffrey on June 20th, 2010, 2:21 am

Geoffrey walked through the hallways, appearing bright and plucky as he looked at the doors of the apartments of the citizens of Syliras. The sun was rising slowly in the sky, the morning was just beginning. Geoffrey could just tell it was going to be a great day. He got up early, which was usually hard for him but last night just seemed different. Hopefully today would be good.

He wasn't just wandering the hallways, he was hoping to see someone. Nealle, an Eypharian woman he met seven days ago. Every time he had passed the hallways, she wasn't there, he didn't have time to wait, he would have to get back to work. The ring she gave him was in his palm, it was such a beautiful ring. He hoped today she would be in her apartment, hopefully he could return her ring.

He walked down the hallway, nearing the room he remembered where Nealle lived. Geoffrey tripped on something down into the hallway, he didn't know what he did trip on. He dropped the ring on the floor, Geoffrey crawled over as fast he could to grab it. He scooped it up in his palm, and then looked at it to see if it was in good condition. Thankfully it was. He got up and dusted himself off. "So close..." He muttered.
Geoffrey
Player

Words: 11707
Joined roleplay: May 11th, 2010, 11:22 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Difficulties [Open]

Postby Nealle on June 20th, 2010, 2:38 am

Being blind, though not always, often meant other senses were heightened, even if only slightly. Quite frankly though, the sound Nealle heard outside was neither soft nor only barely heard, it was quite obvious there was some sort of collision not far from her door. Who was it? Tyuru? Aren? Wystern? Geoffrey? She wanted to wait, wait for somebody to knock or to call out her name, but she couldn't. What if a stranger or child hurt themself? They wouldn't know who to call out to. Nealle decided it, she would go.

Nealle stepped up from the bed, leaving the short sword resting there on the rather cheap bedding itself, and soared across the ground to the door. In one fluid motion, the Eypharian woman went from the bed to the door, slung it open, and stood outside (wearing only a Chemise undergarment need I remind you). If Wystern were here, he probably would have scolded her severely. She quickly followed the sound, which was only a full stride from her left and she stopped, her figure was right in front of Geoffrey as he stood up and dusted himself off. Even though his voice was only a muttering, she recognized it. Even his smell was a little different from seven days ago, but it was still his own. Nealle, without explaining herself or why she was clothed only in the silk chemise, threw her arms around Geoffrey's neck and hugged him. She wouldn't straight out say it, but she did miss the young squire. He didn't care about correcting her or insisting on things that she didn't particularly believe or care about.

For the moment, Nealle didn't say a word.
Nealle
The Scarred Beauty

Character sheet

Difficulties [Open]

Postby Geoffrey on June 20th, 2010, 3:03 am

As soon as Geoffrey got up and dusted himself off, he found a familiar figure right in front of him, and then she hugged him. "Nealle, you look as beautiful as ever." He smirked. A smile appeared on his face as he looked at Nealle, and then returned the hug. It was reassuring that Nealle was ok, not harmed or injured. She seemed perfectly fine. Geoffrey was worried for a few days about her, he wanted to see her again.

After the hug, Geoffrey took the ring, and placed it into one of Nealle's many hands. "Here is your ring." Geoffrey whispered softly to her. If Nealle could see, she would notice Geoffrey seemed very, very happy to see Nealle again and have a chance to return her ring. "Nealle, I'm so glad to see you again.You wouldn't believe how much I've wanted to see you."

Geoffrey remembered the last time they met. The discussion about the god's and the idea of faith, the topic of how interesting Geoffrey was, the stars and the skies, and mainly he remembered the outburst, and what took place after it. Geoffrey also remembered all the promises he made, and on his honor, he would do everything he said he would.
Geoffrey
Player

Character sheet

Difficulties [Open]

Postby Wystern on June 20th, 2010, 3:19 am

Wys just got the scent of booze washed off before he thought of going to the tavern again, rendering the prior series of events useless. Calmly telling himself that he does not have an addiction and getting a headache, he resisted the urge to open the door the Stallion. As he walked past it, he now began questioning what exactly he was supposed to do now, his feet carried him close to Nealle's apartment.

Now speaking of the Eypharian, he was definitely in the mood for a mind game if she would offer one. After all, she would have a score to settle. Either way, she was entertaining.

He came up to the door and stood there for a few moments. He covered up his eyes, just in case she was naked again, and knocked on the door. "Guess who."
Last edited by Wystern on June 20th, 2010, 3:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

If gods are watching us, the least we can do is be entertaining.
Wystern
Syliran Knight.

Words: 160798
Joined roleplay: May 19th, 2010, 11:42 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Difficulties [Open]

Postby Kamrynn Sleightyr on June 20th, 2010, 3:28 am

The halls of Stormhold castle seemed small today, perhaps due to the importance of the task set before Kamrynn this morning. Tucked under his arm was the latest debriefing from scouts on the northern borders; the situation was dire, an attack on castle Stormhold was imminent -and Kamrynn held in his hands the information that could save the whole city. He'd be a hero.

He looked down at the folder. "Guard Duty Assignment for Summer 14th, 15th and 16th." Well, maybe his task wasn't quite as important as he had made it out to be in his head, but imagination made the day to day tasks of being a knight more bearable. In fact, he hadn't seen anything exciting in Syliras since-

Well, since about now. A beautiful woman -no, a goddess, her beauty without peer- wearing nothing more than a silken nightgown stood in the hallway embracing a knight warmly with her six arms.

She was Ephyrian, but that didn't register to Kamrynn, he was too busy blushing and fumbling with his words and the situation. An apartment door was open not far away... They must have been lovers, and the knight was leaving for work. Kamrynn admitted to himself he was jealous, to have a wife such as that was more than any knight could ask for.

Kamrynn waited for the two to finish their hug, only to realize that the knight was giving her a ring. Oh, so he had just witnessed their betrothal! How exciting, but, if she was in her nightgown and he had spent the night in her apartment, it would appear they had already... His eyes widened and he paled at the thought.

"Pardon me, sir." He said, dragging his eyes away from the Eypharian's form to stare more politely at the ground. "I seem to be interrupting you and your fiance's moment. Congratulations on your engagement! Uh, if the two of you would allow me to slip by..."
Kamrynn Sleightyr
Syliran Knight

Words: 71523
Joined roleplay: April 22nd, 2010, 8:37 pm
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet

Difficulties [Open]

Postby Nealle on June 20th, 2010, 3:41 am

Nealle smiled at Geoffrey, it didn't take somebody with proper sight to realize he was more than pleased to be there. He almost appeared to be sexually attracted to her. Nealle could have been misreading the boy, but she truly felt that he did feel that way towards her. Regardless, she thought of just how it turned out last time she was in public outside her home, sure, she only had a nightshirt on (not that the Chemise was too much better really) and was rightfully teased by it, though all in good humor. She graciously took the ring back, and giggled lightly as the young squire placed it in her palm, and she placed it on the right finger, one of the right hands.

Nealle then turned to face Kamrynn, a red blushing instantly flooded her face as she quickly helf a palm, facing towards Kamrynn. "Fiance? In the name of Cheva!" Nealle laughed out loud at the comment, it was obvious that she believed it was an absurd remark. Sure, it may have looked like it, though Nealle didn't consider how it 'looked'. She was blind after all, how was she supposed to know how it looked like? "Actually, my friend Geoffrey was just bringing back the ring I lent him some... was it five days ago? Seven days ago I think. You know..." Nealle continued to speak, still talking to Kamrynn. "I'm new here in Syliras, why don't you come in? I could use a few more friends. You too, come inside Geoffrey, it's a little embarrassing to be dressed like this out here anyway. Last time I did something like this, I was harassed by some wicked men." Nealle giggled again, completely joking about Aren and Wystern. It was just the presence of another living creature made her feel so much better, and without letting Geoffrey respond, she pulled him inside her little home.

The single room home, though in nice condition, did not particularly have a rich feel to it. There was nice clothing in a dresser against a wall, but very little was worth mentioning. The Eypharian woman led the Squire through the room and left him by a chair, but also offered him a seat on the bed.

And only a minute later at most, another knocking came. Another visitor. Nealle was beginning to think these people planned small get-together's at random people's places just for the heck of it. Humans were so strange. Nealle, caught just before she was about to talk to Geoffrey, decided to poke the young squire in the forehead as she turned and walked to the door. Of course it was Wystern, his voice was unique, one of the few she would never forget for the rest of her life. She stood in front of him for several moments, unaware he was closing his eyes, and waited fruitlessly for a comment before she grabbed his arm and pulled him inside, leaving the door open to air out the room as well. "Come in Sir Wystern! I've got company I'd like you to meet! You may know him already. Geoffrey! Here's a man that you should look up to, he's a Knight! Just like you are working for right? Here Wystern, you can sit right here."

Nealle pulled up another chair, placing it near and partially facing the chair that Geoffrey was led to earlier. Wouldn't it be perfect for a Squire and Knight to learn about each other? Nealle smiled as she felt quite proud of herself, as if she had planned this meeting from the start. She had really no idea what to expect, but assumed that they held similar interests and would get along just fine.

OOCSorry if the post seems a little strange. I edited it twice for both Wystern and Kamrynn
Nealle
The Scarred Beauty

Character sheet

Difficulties [Open]

Postby Geoffrey on June 20th, 2010, 4:05 am

Geoffrey blushed and shook his head as a man thought they were getting married. Geoffrey could see how it looked like that. A man and woman hugging as the woman was presented with a ring. He heard Nealle say the name of Cheva, a goddess who Geoffrey liked very much. It was reassuring to know that of all the gods she believed in, one of them was Cheva.

Nealle talked to the man then leaded Geoffrey into her apartment. It was in nice conditon, it wasn't special but it was better than living on the streets. Geoffrey had only a few moments to gaze around as he saw Nealle offer him a seat on a bed, he sat down slowly and then looked around again. It was similar to all the other rooms in the castle. Nothing too much, but it gave people a place to sleep.

As soon as he sat down, someone knocked on the door, he watched as Nealle went to go get it, and started to talk to the visitor. He heard the name Sir Wystern, which implied the visitor was another Syliran knight. Nealle led him into the small apartment and offered him a seat that was facing the seat Nealle also offered to Geoffrey. He heard her say that this was a great time for a squire and a knight meet. .
Last edited by Geoffrey on June 20th, 2010, 5:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Geoffrey
Player

Character sheet

Difficulties [Open]

Postby Wystern on June 20th, 2010, 4:13 am

"Hi, Kam," were the first words out of Wys's mouth. He walked in and took a seat, taking off the sword to get more comfortable. He didn't think she would get engaged mainly because of what she told him about the squire two days ago, and Kam has a tendency to overreact. Are you interesting? Still one of the best riddles he ever heard. But now about the squire. He scanned the fledgling. Nope. He had no clue who he was. And if Kam commented him on how Crow "forgot"(like hell, he just never showed up) to participate in squires' training he would flip out.

Many squires never make it. Wys couldn't tell if he would or not. When Wystern saw Kam as a squire, he could've sworn that the kid would never get knighted. Nobody's perfect, Wystern made mistakes like everyone else. Now let's see which type of squire is Geoffrey, is this one bruised or pampered. He was a bit shorter than Wys, and probably older than when Wys got knighted.

Now he could've sworn he heard something about her being harassed. Funny, he could've sworn it was the other way around. The girl's got wit. Wys liked that quality in everyone he met. And she is calling Wystern Sir again. Is she bating him? He is getting ahead of himself in his thoughts once more.

Wystern gave a short salute to the squire and looked up at Nealle. "Please, don't call me Sir, I prefer Wys or Crow instead. I didn't get the title because I liked it, or for the glamor."
Last edited by Wystern on June 20th, 2010, 4:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

If gods are watching us, the least we can do is be entertaining.
Wystern
Syliran Knight.

Words: 160798
Joined roleplay: May 19th, 2010, 11:42 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Difficulties [Open]

Postby Kamrynn Sleightyr on June 20th, 2010, 4:38 am

Kamrynn blushed harder as she denied the engagement allegations he had leveled against her and the young squire. He bowed deeply, embarrassed. "Oh goodness, my apologies for the mistake!"

She went on to invite him into her home, which he couldn't refuse. She seemed like pleasant company, and her beauty was intoxicating. There were many places he had to be and many things he had to do today -but their importance paled in comparison. He followed stiffly behind Geoffrey and entered her home, and settled on standing awkwardly near the table. He eyed the room, having never been in a woman's apartment's before. It wasn't quite what he expected.

Wystern knocked only seconds later, and Kamrynn nodded at his fellow knight. That made two knights and one squire. Actually, it was kind of convenient that Wystern was here, that was one name he could scratch off his list.

"Wystern," Kamrynn said nodding, then fished out a document from the folder in his arms. "Good to see you. I've your guard assignments for the next three days, although I hardly see the point, you'll probably be at The Stallion, won't you? I've also got-" He coughed awkwardly, handing Wystern some papers. "A summons. Some of the higher ups want to talk to you about your behavior. Crow," He said gravely. "You can't expect to keep getting away with skipping post and drinking on the job. You're going to get yourself discharged!" He paused for a bit, then smiled. "Not that you probably care, huh."

Kamrynn then realized he hadn't introduced himself to the squire or his gracious host. "Oh goodness, where are my manners? I'm afraid I haven't introduced myself! I'm Kamrynn Sleightyr, Syliran knight. Ninth Wing, Grey Company." He bowed deeply again. "My gratitude for being so inviting to us knights, m'lady. Might you favor me with your name?" He held out a hand to accept one of her many in greeting, wondering if it was still appropriate to kiss the hand of a lady in Syliras -he sure wanted to. Kamrynn had not yet noticed that the Eypharian was blind.

"And Geoffrey, I believe I already know you somewhat. You're Sir Nigriso's squire, aren't you? I've heard nothing but good things about you, how do you like the Syliran order so far?"
Kamrynn Sleightyr
Syliran Knight

Words: 71523
Joined roleplay: April 22nd, 2010, 8:37 pm
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet

Next