Completed [Bronze Woods] Wanders (Kouri)

Dare to explore?

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Stretching northward along the coastline of the Suvan Sea, the Cobalt Mountains are the home of the Bronze Wood, numerous ruins, and creatures both strange and fantastical.

[Bronze Woods] Wanders (Kouri)

Postby Akilia Dosert on April 2nd, 2013, 4:07 am

Akilia
10th of Spring 513

A small girl dressed in a simple gray shirt, dark brown pants and black leather boots; dashed through the the bronze woods weaving through the trees with ease. She came to a halt at a small clear crystal pool and crouched down beside the waters taking out an empty waterskin. She hummed to herself a little as she filled it up then placed the cap on it firmly.
"There." Akilia said aloud leaning back onto her bottom and stretching her legs out so that they slipped into the cool waters. It felt nice to speak having not talked in awhile and especially not to anyone other than a few people she had talked to in the city of Syliras, but not many cared for her presence there. An odd tug had gripped her every now and then like an instinctive part of her other than her second form as a wolf came about now and then. It was a strange unmistakable urge to find a bondmate, she could ignore it sometimes but other times she sometimes went over to the edge of the Bronze Woods and watched the Kabrin road. Watching the various people and races move about there from a distance.
She sat there for who knows how long content with listening to the song of the forest. She fell into a bit of a daze which simply transferred her into her thoughts at hand.
Where is mother? She wondered, that one thought soured her mood. And her eyes snapped open to the bright sun flitting through the leaves of a tree that leaned over her. She missed her mother, even if Akilia hadn't known her for more than three weeks and a whole six months had past with Akilia surviving well enough on her own. She was about twelve now, well in human years but had only been living for a scarce six months.

Her hand touched the gold locket that hung around her neck.
She opened up the locket gingerly touching the smiling picture of a woman smiling within it. I miss you mama...I miss you soo much. But I'll find you, I promise I will. And when I do I'll kill those rotten bastards that stole you, I'll kill those slavers if its the last thing I do. Akilia's teeth grind together as she held back tears that began to well up in her crystal blue eyes. She made the vow for the hundredth time in a row now and wasn't above making it a hundred more. She reminded herself looked over the other picture on the other side of the locket. It was a picture of a man. My father? She touched the man in the picture a bit timidly, he was a mystery to her, one that she wasn't exactly sure she was ready to face. It bothered her that she had no leads, she had no idea where in all of Mizahar where they could possibly be so her quest to track down her mother was a rather hopeless one. What else do have but hope? I'll never give up on the hope of seeing mama again.

A bush rustled and Akilia's head snapped up and her left hand darted for her eating knife. It wasn't much but it was something. A small bird hopped out of the bush and Akilia giggled amused. It seems even the simplest of things manage to unnerve me.
She got to her feet deciding that she had rested enough and walked away from the pond heading back to her large spacious tent.
Last edited by Akilia Dosert on April 10th, 2013, 3:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
~ Be yourself, everyone else is already taken... ~
Akilia Dosert
Mischievous troublesome wolf child

Words: 86165
Joined roleplay: March 30th, 2013, 8:56 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Fubuki Kouri on April 2nd, 2013, 8:13 am

Fubuki Kouri

10th of Spring 513
"....*Sigh*" Kouri sighed as she left the Sylira's City Walls heading to the Bronze Woods, she had no particular reason of going there and just did it out of whim.

Kouri looked up to the sky, it's now dusk time, with the sky being colored orange... Orange..., Kouri's pupils narrowed into a reptile-like slit as she recalled that color, the color of the Beast, the beast that did unspeakable things to her parents. "Kill... you...", yes she assured herself that one day, one day she will find the beast and tore apart its neck with her own hands, just like what it did to her family. With that in mind, she continued her wandering to the Bronze Woods' direction.

After a few moments, she has arrived in the area known as the Bronze Woods, with trees and vegetations surrounding her. She looked around to see some hares, one particularly large and the others small. "The big one must be the... mother..." Kouri thought, feelings of envy began to fill her as the concept of parentage came to her mind, a smirk spawned on the corner of her lips as she focused her mind. "Hehehehe... Hmm, let me tease you a bit..." as Kouri said that, the mist around her ghostly body, also known as Soulmist, started to form into several sharp tendrils.

The hares, being naturally skittish animals, started to tremble in panic at the unnatural being before them, however, the largest of them seems to stay at the area while the smaller ones ran away, perhaps out of motherly instinct to protect her children. "Bleed..." Kouri's eyes narrowed sharply as she used her Soulmist tendrils to pick up a sharp wooden stick near her and hurled it at the hare, aiming for its head.

The hare, sensing danger, immediately tried to leap out of the way, lucky for her as Kouri's projection accuracy is still too feeble to hit a fast animal like the hare, she managed to dodge it... somewhat, a lucky hit managed to stab the hare's left hind leg and the hare can feel that she's bleeding.

"huhuhu... hehehehe... HAHAHAHA!", Kouri looked up to the sky while laughing with a very unnatural laugh for her appearance, when she looked back, the hares were already gone, all of them, however a small trail of fresh blood is all that she need to chase after and play with her new 'toy' more. "Hehehehehe..." she giggled as she started floating and tracking the blood trail.

The mother hare, separated from her children, is running away, away from the unnatural abomination that stabbed her leg, overcame by a primal fear, she didn't look where she was going and crashed onto a... human, no, not entirely human, a Kelvic, with a rather petite body, cute face, and beautiful blue eyes, yet this Kelvic didn't appear to be frail at all, this Kelvic appeared to be strong, wild, and brave. Perhaps out of primal instinct to seek protection, the mother hare curled itself up in the Kelvic's right foot.

Not long after, Kouri managed to chase after the hare. ????... Who.... who is that girl?? And why is she trying to take MY toy away from me? That's cruel, that's absolutely cruel..., being the only child of a rather wealthy family, Kouri is what people may call 'a spoiled little girl', seeing someone, who (in her mind) appeared to be trying to take her source of fun away from her, irritated her.

"Give.. it... back... that's... MINE!!!", Kouri growled as she expanded her Soulmist aura, shaping them as sharp black tendrils to intimidate this 'thief'.

"common" | "vani" | thoughts

Important Note: I'm not accepting new threads unless I promised you beforehand, I'm sorry for any inconveniences caused.
Fubuki Kouri
The Sorceress' Daughter

Words: 784291
Joined roleplay: March 31st, 2013, 1:42 pm
Race: Ghost
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Akilia Dosert on April 3rd, 2013, 2:04 am

Akilia

was pondering whether or not to just turn into her canine form when a white thing basically almost tackled her. Well...it tackled her foot. She almost tripped forward by the momentum of the thing colliding with her foot. Looking down at the creature that clung to her foot the girl recognized it as a rabbit. "Why are you..." Akilia blinked in surprise, "Is that blood?" She said quietly about to bend down when and angry voice came out of nowhere. "Give.. it... back... that's... MINE!!!"

"You did this?!" Akilia asked taking a step towards the person...the girl. What the heck is she? She wondered, eyes gazing in confused anger. The form of the girl was a odd sort of outline faint but steady outline, Akilia noted tilting her head a bit to the side blue eyes attempting to see the girl more clearly. Long silvery hair and where those...red eyes? The girl was floating? It must be a ghost. She decided after giving the ghost girl the once over.
She glanced down at the rabbit. It still clung to her leg but as if broke out of shock and saw through her human form straight to her wolf one at that very moment it let out a terrified squeak before making a speedy retreat further into the woods. Akilia watched it go not missing the little drops of blood that littered the forest floor behind it.

"Its gone now. And I didn't take it, it came to me." Akilia responded, "What type of person are you, attacking an animal for sport? Prey is only to be eaten and killed not to cause unnecessary pain for the animal or pleasure for the hunter." She ranted taking an angry step towards the girl. "Creatures don't belong to anyone...got it? And hunting is no game, its a test of your skills a test of survival. But what would you know of that anyway? Your a ghost are you not? So why were you after that rabbit? What did it kill you when you were alive or something? What the hell did it ever do to you?!" Akilia demanded working herself up into quite a rage, she didn't like bullies and in her eyes torturing an animal fell right into the category.
Akilia Dosert

Character sheet
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Fubuki Kouri on April 3rd, 2013, 3:39 am

Fubuki Kouri

"Its gone now. And I didn't take it, it came to me."

W-what?! That.. cannot be... Kouri's eyes narrowed as she simply can't comprehend any other possibility other than this girl was trying to steal her toy, to make up for it, Kouri's mind started to make a torrent of unrelated reasons to justify her actions. ..lie.. yes, she must be lying, lies lies lies!! Just like one of my friends at home! That girl who.. who's jealous of my singing talent! Yes!! This is the same! She's trying to ruin my happiness!!

"What type of person are you, attacking an animal for sport? Prey is only to be eaten and killed not to cause unnecessary pain for the animal or pleasure for the hunter." She ranted taking an angry step towards the girl. "Creatures don't belong to anyone...got it? And hun-

"AAAAAAH!!! SILENCE!! SILENCE! SILENCE!!" Kouri was now grabbing her head with both of her hands at the torrent of questions, obviously not listening to anymore inquiries past the mentioned point. "Grrrrrrr!!!" Kouri bared her ethereal teeth and formed her Soulmist into black tendrils, then she picked up a nearby rock with her tendrls which then followed by her throwing the rock to the 'thief'.

Important Note: I'm not accepting new threads unless I promised you beforehand, I'm sorry for any inconveniences caused.
Fubuki Kouri
The Sorceress' Daughter

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Daniel Connor on April 3rd, 2013, 4:02 am

Daniel was tired. Tired of work. Tired of the tavern. Tired of his house. Just, plain tired. So, he decided, it was time to go for a walk. Spring was ever present in the air, blooming flowers casting their sweet scents towards him, and the sun was casting its golden rays on the city, but they failed to pull him out of his mundane routine. His boots thudded against the cobblestone walkway as he made his way towards the gate leading to the Kabrin road. His cloak was wrapped around him snugly, billowing with the slight breeze.

A boy bumped into him, looking down at the floor. It brought Daniel’s thoughts onto his troubled childhood. He carried on, lost in thought, for minutes before he noticed. His coin purse was missing. He cursed his misfortune, that had been the last of his coin from the last mercenary job he had done. The boy! It must have been! His eyes turned jet black as he recalled the scrawny, pale figure dressed scruffily, and set off to find him. He focused his mind and a tingling when through him. He felt his arms and chest lose strength and his legs strengthen ten fold. Daniel shuddered at the bizarre feeling, though he felt it often, it was still unsettling.

Daniel, a man of iron, then bounded back the way he came, each stride covering 10 meters or more. People around him looked shocked and started with interest, quickly losing sight of him as he leaped past market stalls and around corners. In minutes he had caught up to the boy. He felt his strength flow back into its proper places as he grabbed the boy by the scruff of his neck and snatched back his purse. “It is rude to steal, boy! And not very wise, considering I am a rather big man. Times tough eh? Food hard to come by?” the boy then looked down and nodded. Daniel grinned and continued, “Well, they give free meals in jail.” He hailed a guard, who rolled his eyes and said gruffly, “Not again, Shamus!” and hauled him away.

===============================

Time past as he wandered the streets, until he suddenly found himself outside the city and Kabrin road. He had been spacing out, but he woke from his trance and looked around, seeing the Bronze Woods to his right, and a bunch of people walking the roads of all different races and backgrounds. His head snapped to attention, scanning the woods, as he had hear some strange, hollow laughter, and scuffling of bushes not too far in. He thought he saw a slight shimmer in the air in the shape of a figure. Crouching down and ducking off the road, he followed this apparition as it appeared to be chasing some sort of rabbit. As he closed the gap, he noticed blood stained leaves and red liquid soaked dirt, probably the rabbit. He hoped.

He tracked the ghostly figure for another 30 meters or so, until he came to a clearing. He quickly ducked down in a bush and scanned it for danger. All he saw was a girl by a pool, looking to be about in her early to mid teens. Her eyes we a lovely shade of ice blue. She turned around and looked at the apparition, appearing to tell her off. He could not make out what they were saying, as he was still too far off. Rage filled the girls eyes as she finished, she now stood. He saw the rabbit, its fur caked in blood. His eyes briefly went from deep blue to red, then it faded as quickly as it had come. The ghost suddenly grabbed the girl and rage shot through him. Daniel felt attached to the girl somehow, as if he had known her for some time. He shook his head and stood up, casually walking into the clearing. He came to a stop next to the girl, as he had come up from the side of her and greeted her warmly, “Good day, miss. Now what is a girl like you hanging around this sort of company,” he glanced over to the ghost pointedly, and gazed into her eyes. His turned a purple shade as he watched.
Daniel Connor
Mercenary

Words: 69391
Joined roleplay: January 24th, 2013, 3:49 pm
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet

Postby Akilia Dosert on April 3rd, 2013, 5:59 am

Akilia

dodged the rock easily, it wasn't thrown very hard and she was used to reacting fast especially since she grew up in the woods. "What's your problem?! Don't you speak common?" Akilia screeched at the girl, she was about ready to launch herself at the other girl ghost or not, when a man appeared out of nowhere. She glanced at him briefly before doing a double take. When did he get here? She wondered gaping at him. There was a tug in her gut. It was the same urge that she usually got when she felt the urge to seek out a bondmate. Except this time it was more inisitant more urgent than ever before, she just stood there for a few brief moments mouth wide open in surprise at the man. Then all at once it clicked...this was her bondmate. She had no idea how she knew she just did.

She watched him as he walked up to her and the urge became ever stronger as if singalling to her 'he's the one! He's it! Are you listening? Pay attention you! This is your bondmate!'
“Good day, miss. Now what is a girl like you hanging around this sort of company?”

Akilia's hostile self kicked in when she realized the man was an adult. Bondmate maybe...but it didn't mean she entirely trusted him right off the back. "What's it to you?" She asked, boldly giving him a direct a bit defiant look in his brilliant blue gray eyes. She didn't like the fact that he'd caught her off guard. "Possibly a lot I'm guessing because your my bondmate aren't you?" She asked point blank. No need for formalities just get straight to the point. She watched him carefully noting his size and probably greater strength. She guessed he wouldn't hurt her but better to be prepared than not to be.
Akilia Dosert

Character sheet
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Fubuki Kouri on April 3rd, 2013, 7:36 am

Fubuki Kouri

Kouri was preparing herself to throw another rock, planning to barrage the Kelvic girl with a hail of stone rain when something unexpected happen, another human suddenly appeared before her. This human male was tall, with quite thick facial hair in the from of a beard and mustache, and his eye color was blu-... no.. not entirely blue, just now... when the man seemed to be talking to the 'thief', for a moment, Kouri noticed that his eye changed to a purple shade.

!!!? A...another Vantha!! Yaaaay! Kouri was born in Avanthal from both Vantha mother and father therefore she was a Vantha herself before she died. Knowing that another Vantha is standing before her filled her with happiness Hehehehe~ He must've come to help me~ was her conclusion. It's obvious isn't it? A Vantha like herself getting bullied and now, an adult had came to help me to punish this 'thief' for her rude behaviour! The Kelvic girl's hostile attitude to the man further reinforce Kouri's thought on the matter.

"Huhuhuhu~ U-n-c-l-e~♪" Kouri said in a sing-song voice as she floated towards the man, relaxed her Soulmist into swirling circles, materialized her body, and clung to his right arm, then she looked up to the man, pouted and tried to explain the situation to the Vantha man. "Uncle~♪ that girl..." Kouri pointed an index finger at the Kelvic "is rude... she tried to take my toy away from me! And now! It's gone! Hauuuuuu~!".

Fubuki Kouri
The Sorceress' Daughter

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Daniel Connor on April 3rd, 2013, 11:23 pm

His eyes purple, he started into the girl’s own. "What's it to you?" she said after emotions danced on her face. Her tone had a bit of a sassy edge to it and she shot him a look that seemed to be of defiance. She also looked a bit flustered to say the least. The rabbit squealed in pain. "Possibly a lot I'm guessing because you're my bondmate aren't you?” Bond-mate. Like Sylkra, except his feeling were not as strong this time, a minor bond. His eyes flashed green for a moment and he grimaced, hardening his heart.

“No, I am not your bond,” he said in a forceful tone, though his eyes told another story. “Why would you assume something like that? I do not even know you.” It killed him to do this, as severing bonds cause pain for the Kelvic. Like he was taught, he visualized a silver cord running between them. In his mind, he pulled out a knife and, with one fluid motion, severed the cord. A knot formed in his chest, reminding him of what he had done. It wasn’t as if they could not be bonded in the future, it was just not the time. He frowned at the girl, and then turned his attention to the ghost.

"Huhuhuhu~ U-n-c-l-e~♪" The figure said in a voice that was distinctly female. Uncle? What did she mean by that? He fixed his gaze on her face and saw her eye were an unusually shade, though ghostly. She was the ghost of a Vantha. The girl’s smoky tendrils curled and solidified, coming to wrap around his right arm. A chill shot through him. "Uncle~♪ that girl..." she then pointed at the Kelvic youth. "is rude... she tried to take my toy away from me! And now! It's gone! Hauuuuuu~!". Daniel was a bit bewildered, but he did not let it show. This girls toy must have been the injured rabbit that she had been tormenting. He then calmly spoke, addressing the ghost. “My niece, it is not good to be hurting wildlife just because it pleases you. Now, she took away your toy because it was going to break, and she will mend it.” he made a nod towards the Kelvic, gray blue eyes glinting. Daniel continued, “Plus, this Kelvic was not aware that she had taken possession of the rabbit, simply the rabbit fled to her. It is not her fault. Now, I will kill the rabbit or let it live, your choice. Would you condemn such an innocent animal to death?” he finished, turning a hard gaze on the ghost.
Daniel Connor
Mercenary

Words: 69391
Joined roleplay: January 24th, 2013, 3:49 pm
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet

Postby Fubuki Kouri on April 4th, 2013, 3:05 am

Fubuki Kouri

Kouri's expression was that of someone pleading for help, she tried her best to let out her 'puppy dog' eyes and be as cute as possible, though with her current pupils' shape it would be more appropriate to call it 'juvenile snake' eyes.

“My niece, it is not good to be hurting wildlife just because it pleases you. Now, she took away your toy because it was going to break, and she will mend it.”

....The man was right, her mother taught her to respect life whether it's people or animals... b-b-but!! That hare was so mean!! It deliberately showed me affection to its children knowing that I miss my mama and papa!! GRRR!! Again, this illogical reason was the reason Kouri attacked the hare in the first place.

And what did he mean by mentioning the Kelvic girl like that? Is he taking her side? But I'm the innocent side here! Uuuuuu! Kouri pouted, glomped the man's side, and hugged his right arm tight with both of her arms. "...But.. uncle..." Kouri tried to defend herself.

“Plus, this Kelvic was not aware that she had taken possession of the rabbit, simply the rabbit fled to her. It is not her fault. Now, I will kill the rabbit or let it live, your choice. Would you condemn such an innocent animal to death?”

....It's clear now, he's definitely taking that girl's side, so mean... aaaaah!!! "What's wrong with you uncle? We're both Vantha right? right? Why don't you take my side... besides I'm the innocent one here... uuu..." Kouri was upset, then his question struck her, she realized that she hold the power of life and death, to determinte one's fate, just like the... beast who attacked her family. The beast had the decision of attacking or not attacking her family and it chooses to attack. I want it to die... but... but if I do that, I will be the same as... IT...

"F-fine... l-let it live.. hmph!" Kouri turned her head away, closed her eyes, and pouted much like an annoyed little girl while still clinging to the man's right arm.

Fubuki Kouri
The Sorceress' Daughter

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Akilia Dosert on April 4th, 2013, 3:40 am

Akilia

“No, I am not your bond, why would you assume something like that? I do not even know you.”

The sudden surprise Akilia felt just a second ago at the man's words were unexpected but the throbbing pain that came along next was even more so...it struck her side. Sharp pain shot through her body before...nothing. The pain was gone like it had never been and the grimace that had been on her face when the pain started, disappeared. What was that? She wondered. So he's not? Figures...lesson learned when meeting the first human you see don't assume a bond. She stored the new lesson away into her mind as things to remember. Having lived for only six months she still had much to learn but she was little by little.

She spaced out for a second before the whiny voice of a little girl brought her back down to earth. The little thing had attached herself to the man's arm Akilia saw a pleading look on the ghost's expression before it turned into a pout. They were talking about...killing the rabbit? Just how cruel were these two? The thought was answered when the ghost girl thankfully decided against going after the bunny. The ghost had mentioned both the man and herself a Vantha? What was a Vantha? Having not met many other races in her short lifetime so far, Akilia only knew the most basics of races like the humans and of course her own, the Kelivcs. Akilia would have asked about the Vantha but she wasn't quite ready to let go the fact that the ghost had been ready to kill the rabbit for no reason and in cold blood. Instead of chasiting the poor ghost some more, a new thought popped into her head.

"How did you die? You must have since your a ghost...but at such a young age, its so sad." Akilia asked the ghost girl her head tilted a bit in pity. Akilia realized that the other girl looked similar in age to her. Its sad that one had died so young...so very sad. "I'm Akilia. Akilia Dosert."
Akilia Dosert

Character sheet
Journal
Plotnotes

Next