[White Swan] Job's a Job, Right? (Dusk)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[White Swan] Job's a Job, Right? (Dusk)

Postby Jezabelle on June 22nd, 2010, 1:10 pm

Day 32 Summer 507

Jezabelle was still finding her way around Syliras and so she'd set off a bell before she was due at the White Swan and thank the Gods that she had done! She must've spent at least thirty chimes wandering the corridors trying to find her way outside. The thought of all that stone pressing down and around her still gave her the shivers. This place was nothing like Sunberth... which in an awful lot of ways was a good thing but still... getting used to the relatively closed spaces of the castle was going to take a while.

At least now she was where she had to be, and still on time, early in fact. Should she go in? Or would it be best to wait another couple of chimes before she did so? She stood nervously in her indecision across the road from the White Swan, her eyes taking in the passing trade and marvelling at the sheer volume of people that seemed to pass through the doors. Wealthier than most people too judging by their clothes at least. She could almost taste the frankly delicious smelling stew that was apparently cooking, its scent probably doing more than a little to draw people past the doors and doing its best to remind her how hungry she was, her stomach growling quietly just to further drive the point home. I knew I should have eaten before I came, but there just wasn't time!

She'd had so much to do after all, making sure her white blouse was presentable and the same for sensible black skirt and shoes that she was wearing. She'd tidied her hair as best she could, brushing it back and gathering it into a neat pony tail after she'd trimmed the worst of the ragged ends from it. At least she thought it was neat, well it was as far as she could tell from her reflection in the water bucket.

Not that it mattered now, it was time that she got on with this, she didn't want to be late for her appointment with... with... ohhh bugger. She couldn't for the life of her remember if it was Mrs Collins or Mrs Mashila that she was supposed to be meeting with. She remembered one of them looked after the rooms upstairs while the other dealt with the dining rooms down, but which was which had entirely escaped her. She ransacked her memory for a moment or two but there wasn't a chance in hell she was going to remember.

Besides, there wasn't time to think about it now, she'd just have to guess and hope she was right. She sighed softy to herself and headed for the door, gracefully flowing with the crowd and making her forwards. She passed over the threshold and immediately stepped to one side, blinking her eyes rapidly to adjust to the changing light. The place was just the same as it had been last week when she'd called, same quiet murmur of conversation, the same sweet music from the musicians. She found her feet tapping in time with them as she caught the eye of one of the waitresses nearby and said quietly "Excuse me, I've an appointment with Mrs... Collins? About a job?" Gods I hope that was the right name...
Jezabelle
Player

Words: 12879
Joined roleplay: June 17th, 2010, 12:44 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Medals: 1
Donor (1)