Closed [The Bronze Woods] Two Mages and a Ghost

Azcadelia and Cyrus reunite with an odd third wheel - a ghost.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Stretching northward along the coastline of the Suvan Sea, the Cobalt Mountains are the home of the Bronze Wood, numerous ruins, and creatures both strange and fantastical.

[The Bronze Woods] Two Mages and a Ghost

Postby Azcadelia on April 18th, 2013, 2:26 am

Azcadelia Rosan | 51st Day of Spring | 513 | Early Day

The Bronze Woods had been Azcadelia's place of solitude. A place where she could meditate and collaspe on herself in deep thought. A place where she could practice song, dance and acrobatics. A place all well known to her until recently. Another had trespassed in her territory more than a fortnight ago and now the space in which was hers was now shared between the two. The other was Cyrus Blackfire.

Cyrus was a strong willed, well built castle of a man, not easily pressured by the charms and wits of Azcadelia and her tongue. Recently though Azcadelia hadn't seen much of him and she just assumed that they'd missed each other seeing as she travelled to the woods early in the morning it would be a reasonable thought.

Inside however Azcadelia had missed the man. She didn't know much, if any, about him but something about plucked a string of interest in her brain. Her nature was the snoop and that is what she planned to do the next time he and she were together. The urge to learn more was undeniable, it had to be sated and the only way to do so was to snoop and learn more about Cyrus and his motives.

All that would have to wait until another mandatory practice of Reimancy was done. Azcadelia sat in the middle of the clearing gathering her breath for an intense session of magic. The mage was clothed in a royal blue tunic and her feet were bare in the cool grass. The atmosphere was just - the wind was cool the sun was hot. Spring had brought many a fruitful events to Azcadelia and it was promising to bring more.

The mage graced a hand out in front of her, Djed seeped from her fingertips and dug into the earth bringing forth a chunk of the soil and grass to eye level. She smiled, her lipstick lips stained red. "That was easier than I thought," she said to herself, the birds chirping nearby in agreement. The chuckled and engulfed the earth in flame. The earth began to fold and broil turning into a molten ball of magma.

She tossed the furl of magma up and down in the air preparing to tear the ground asunder with her new found power.

Last edited by Azcadelia on April 21st, 2013, 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Azcadelia
Balance, Control and Poise

Words: 78372
Joined roleplay: February 23rd, 2013, 1:31 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Cyrus Blackfire on April 18th, 2013, 3:18 am

The Bronze Woods were a place Cyrus Blackfire frequented as of late, due to the relative solitude it offered for him to practice his magic. He had found that magic worked best as a secret weapon of sorts, something best kept hidden until the moment of surprise when it would be devastating. It never hurt to have an ace in the hole, and Cyrus preferred to have many. One of those aces, a particularly valuable one, was trailing behind him some distance.

He had agreed to bring Kouri along for this training session on the condition that she not disturb his meditation. That was unlikely to happen as Kouri was quite the chatter box by her very nature, it was endearing in a way only the ghost girl could accomplish. When she would get to the clearing where he usually practiced his magic was up to her really, she was unpredictable and he wouldn't put it past her to wander off.

The clearing... it was a place he now came to often whenever he needed to practice his reimancy, however it held more significance than that. It was also where he had met Azcadelia Rosan, a beautiful woman that he had not seen much of since that fateful day more than a fortnight ago.

Azcadelia was a powerful reimancer in her own right, she had managed to match him spell for spell in a sparring match. More than that however, she was potentially a very potent ally, one who might be able to help him realize his ambitions. He was still unsure about whether or not she could be brought into the fold of his inner circle, and he was hesitant to share his ambition with her. However with enough time and observation he would know soon enough.

As the tall warrior came upon the clearing he happened upon a surprising sight. Azcadelia, the red haired beauty, was manipulating what looked like a ball of magma. Clearly she had been practicing if she had managed to discover her second element, which was quite clearly earth. He smirked at the sight, leaning against a nearby tree.

"Well now, someone has become more powerful since last I saw her." Cyrus noted aloud, his smirk firmly upon his face.
Cyrus Blackfire
Ambitious Seeker of Order

Words: 56540
Joined roleplay: April 2nd, 2013, 12:51 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Fubuki Kouri on April 18th, 2013, 4:30 am

Fubuki Kouri

"La la la la la la laaaaaa~♫ La la la la la la laaa~♪ La la la la laaa~♫ La~♪ Laaa~♫ Laaa~♪ Lalaaa~♫ Laaa~♪ Laaa~♪ Laaaa~♫" Kouri hummed a very upbeat and cheerful song as she floated through the Bronze Woods, her precious master walking in front of her. Ehehehehe~ I'm so happy~ Just the activity of spending time with currently the most important person in her unlife made her brimming with delight and spirit.

"Hehehe~ How do you like my song, Master?" Kouri said as she finished humming "I thought it's a nice change of pace after singing so many sad melodies..." Kouri's life has definitely gone for the better after she met Cyrus, sure she still had difficulties and problems in her day-to-day activities; but as far as Kouri knows, even gods could not escape from problems. Life in Syliras with Cyrus was definitely much much better than wandering aimlessly. She now had a purpose, a goal, and a person to look up, protect, and serve.

Uhm... which song should I sing next? Kouri made a thoughtful expression, not noticing they have arrived at the clearing and Cyrus stopping in his tracks. She kept floating and eventually phase through Cyrus' body where a corporeal being would bump him.

"Well now, someone has become more powerful since last I saw her."

Kouri's head perked up as she heard Cyrus' statement, she thought it was directed at her; Kouri turned around and beamed him with a smile "Thank you, Mast-... huh?" Then she noticed Cyrus' gaze was not directed at her, but through her, at something or someone behind her.

Kouri immediately turned around and spotted a woman. Her fiery red hair billowing with the wind and her emerald green eyes filled with focus and determination as she cast a spell of some sort. Huh? Who? Who is... who is that? Kouri put her hands to her hips in an annoyed gesture as she examined the unknown woman more closely, she was obviously a mage like Cyrus, ball of liquid fire erupting from the ground in front of her.

"................" Kouri didn't like it, this was supposed to be her time alone with Cyrus and a fiery intruder had to intervene. Her pupils began to narrow into reptillian like slits as she whispers a curse in Vani. Over the course of the season, Kouri had become bolder and unrestrained in her speech.

"Grrr..." Kouri let out a low-pitched growl, feeling the woman was a threat. Kouri immediately grabbed her steel dagger that was located on Cyrus' waist with her Soulmist and began spinning it around herself. "Master... who is that?" She eyed the sorcerer suspiciously, a hint of childish jealousy can be seen.

"common" | "vani" | thoughts

Important Note: I'm not accepting new threads unless I promised you beforehand, I'm sorry for any inconveniences caused.
Fubuki Kouri
The Sorceress' Daughter

Words: 784291
Joined roleplay: March 31st, 2013, 1:42 pm
Race: Ghost
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Azcadelia on April 18th, 2013, 9:18 pm

Azcadelia Rosan

Azcadelia turned her head swiftly at the sounding of a familiar voice. To her astonishment it was the man whom she was just thinking about - Cyrus. There he was leaning back on a tree several metres from Azcadelia - who sat on the rock. The mage returned the statement of her increased power with a beaming smile. "Cyrus, how lovely to see you. I was just thinking about you, ironic huh?" Azcadelia said, leaping to her feet and beginning to approach the man - the ball of magma trailing in front of her.

"It's been so long - over a fortnight if I recall correctly," she said, now only feet away from the man. She stopped two arms lengths in front of him as to not seem too eager even though inside she was. It was to show control, a trait that Azcadelia worked so hard to perfect regardless of how her emotions felt.

Then, she took notice of the eerie ethereal being perched near Cyrus. If it couldn't be seen it could be felt and the feeling was that of unwelcoming. Azcadelia kept her composure however, unsure how to proceed but knew that she was too far in to decamp now.

Azcadelia

Character sheet

Postby Cyrus Blackfire on April 18th, 2013, 9:41 pm

So he had been in her thoughts just as she had been in his, good to know. Cyrus was displeased, however, in Kouri's less than friendly response to seeing Azcadelia. It was quite childish in his opinion, however she had been a child when she'd died so perhaps it was something that she would never out grow. Regardless introductions were very much in order to smooth out any tension in the situation.

"I am pleased to see you as well, Azzy. It has been a while, hasn't it? But perhaps I should introduce you to my... protégé. This is Kouri, she is much more friendly when you get to know her, trust me." Cyrus said, his smirk still firmly in place.

It would not be overly difficult for him to deal with any tensions here, he most certainly did not want a fight to erupt. That would be more than a little unfortunate.

The tall warrior regarded Kouri for a moment, "Kouri, this is Azcadelia, a... good friend of mine. You needn't fear any harm here." He said as gently as he could,

It did get tiring, exercising such restraint. However the alternative would be him being angry all of the time because of minor mess ups, which just simply would not do.
Cyrus Blackfire

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Fubuki Kouri on April 19th, 2013, 3:19 am

Fubuki Kouri

As the woman approached them, ball of magma in tow; Kouri stood in front Cyrus, protecting him in case the woman attacked. "Uuuu...." Kouri looked at Cyrus and saw that he didn't look threatened at all, his stance was relaxed and a calm expression on his face. I guess... they do really know each other...

Kouri's thought was confirmed as Cyrus introduced her to the woman and vice versa. "Az...cadelia..." Kouri slowly mentioned the woman's name as she dropped her guard and put her dagger back to its sheath on Cyrus' waist. Kouri faced the woman, now noticeable more docile; she slowly lifted the hem of her dress and bowed slightly as she introduced herself. "I'm Fubuki Kouri, Madame Azcadelia, a pleasure to see you" Her tone was polite much like a high-class noble. If Master saw Azcadelia as a friend, so will she.

"Well then, I assume the both of you wanted to practice together... though I'm curious, Master, when did you meet her? What did exactly happe-..." Kouri stopped herself as she realized she was invading Cyrus' privacy. "...never mind, I'll just be at my favorite tree.." She slowly vanished and appeared at a nearby tall tree branch, her gaze never leaving the redhead reimancer.

"common" | "vani" | thoughts

Important Note: I'm not accepting new threads unless I promised you beforehand, I'm sorry for any inconveniences caused.
Fubuki Kouri
The Sorceress' Daughter

Words: 784291
Joined roleplay: March 31st, 2013, 1:42 pm
Race: Ghost
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Azcadelia on April 20th, 2013, 6:55 pm

Azcadelia Rosan

"Your protégé seems to be shy," Azcadelia teased as she watched the ethereal being dissipate before her eyes. "Tell her that she doesn't have to call me Miss, I'm a not miss if anything at all. Simply call me Azcadelia, darling." It hadn't been the first she had seen a ghost but it had been the first since she had seen a child that was a ghost. The sight was causing her unease. To think that a child had been ripped from the plane of the living and sent to a life as an undead. It was bring up thoughts of doubt but she quickly banished them from her mind, deciding to focus on the man in front of her and the not the ghost that had went off somewhere.

Azcadelia flickered her eyes from the disappearing ghost to Cyrus. A smile overturned her lips. "Your friend didn't have to go, I was looking forward to meeting her. 'Tis a shame, is she shy or not one to peer into your private life?" she asked, taking Cyrus' hand into hers. His hand was much bigger than hers and much less delicate. His were roughened from a no doubt tough life. The main was a tower filled to the brim with unexplored rooms and crevices, traps and containments and riddle sealed locks. A tomb of secrets just waiting to be brought to light.

In fact everyone had or has their ways of keeping their secrets locked in the depths of their being and Azcadelia was one of them. She had her share of secrets that she wasn't willing to shed to the light of a stranger whom she had just so happened to share a bed with. But, eventually, she'd be able to - at least she had hoped.

Last edited by Azcadelia on April 25th, 2013, 4:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
Azcadelia

Character sheet

Postby Cyrus Blackfire on April 20th, 2013, 11:50 pm

Cyrus chuckled slightly as Kouri disappeared, she didn't have to leave on his account, it was not exactly a problem for him that she was here. However he had a sneaking suspicion that her reasons were two fold, one to give him his privacy, the other to watch for potential threats. If so he would have to compliment her later for her strategic thinking, it showed that his lessons were sticking.

The warrior smiled at returned Azzy's smile with one of his own, it really was good to see her again though his purpose for coming here had been different. This meeting was different than the last one, this one would have a much more analytical purpose. The tall warrior needed to find out whether or not he could afford to trust her, and how much information he could trust her with. She could be a very potent ally, very potent indeed, and perhaps more if it looked safe enough.

"Kouri is respectful of some boundaries, I suppose, but she is likely still nearby. Quite loyal." He said by way of explanation.

He glanced at the floating ball of magma with some interest, she had certainly come far if she had mastered her second element so quickly. That could be a potent weapon, perhaps more so than lightning as there was quite a bit of earth beneath their feet. His mind was already brimming with possibilities by the time his attention returned to Azzy.

"I would assume that your second element is earth, good, a strong defense is often the best offense. Though considering the results of our last bout, I suspect you already know that." Cyrus said, drawing a little more close to Azzy than the average acquaintance would.

She was still very much an unknown quantity, well, perhaps not quite unknown, but her motives were unclear. He knew a little of her past, and she of his but he did really know her. That was definitely something that would have to change.
Cyrus Blackfire

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Azcadelia on April 22nd, 2013, 10:37 pm

Azcadelia Rosan

Azcadelia chuckled at Cyrus' mentioning of their last seeing of one another. She had learned that defense was the best offense by the way Cyrus could deflect the bulk of her blows with such ease and still use that same momentum for a powerful attack. The memory was stained in her head for she had nearly lost the duel but luckily Cyrus had taken up the offer of a draw - that way she didn't have to lose face in front of a stranger.

"Indeed it is, Cyrus," she replied, turning from the man and taking steps towards the clearing. "I haven't mastered anything, I have just discovered it to be exact. I still can't do grand displays of earth manipulation and fire conjuration. It's rather exhausting to even think about doing it. I have to call upon my mother's made up spirit to do so seeing as my motivation derives from her once living soul." Azcadelia took perch on the rock in the middle of the clearing and reached behind it to receive her slippers.

With slippers in hand she began to think on her mother and the gestures she'd use before casting such extravagant displays of fire and earth. The melody of incantations was mesmerizing. "The serpent's venom engulfs its prey" she use to say before casting a laughing, talking, fire breathing serpent of flame. It even earned her mother the nickname, The Serpent's Envoy for her use of such sinister avatars in her reimancy.

The fact still made her shudder - that her mother had been such a powerful mage and be brought down by a lowly theif. It was sickening as much as saddening. Wanting to take her mind away from such thoughts she put her focus back into Cyrus, "So, has your use of magic matured as much as mine or are you still at the same level of skill?" she asked, half teasing, half serious.

Azcadelia

Character sheet

Postby Accolade on May 21st, 2013, 12:15 am

Azcadelia

Experience
Skill XP Earned
Reimancy + 1 XP
Observation + 1 XP
Rhetoric + 1 XP
Interrogation + 1 XP
Socializing + 1 XP

Lores
Lore Earned
A Quiet Place

Fubuki

Lores
Lore Earned
Invading One's Privacy

Notes :
Fubuki, soulmist projection wasn't awarded because I don't think you went into enough detail. Keep up the good writing !

The Sylir has spoken
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your grade, please send me a PM and we can figure it out. :)

Last edited by Perplexity on November 30th, 2013, 5:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Grade Corrections
Accolade
The Journey begins here...

Words: 307037
Joined roleplay: August 24th, 2012, 12:45 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Trash Medal (1)