Flashback Eye for an Eye {Khal'iah}

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Eye for an Eye {Khal'iah}

Postby Hadyn Skellig on April 24th, 2013, 3:30 am

An eyebrow piqued as he responded, the blacksmith leaned against the wall of the fireplace, her hands pressed against the warm stone behind her. While she'd offered a genuine quittance she hadn't expected him to take her up on it. When Khal'iah fell silent the woman regarded him a moment longer before responding.

"Not outlandish," Hadyn reassured him, bringing one hand up to secure a loose strand behind her ear. "Shorter weapon, hm? Are we thinkin' a tulwar or more in the realm of an estoc or shortsword? The latter two are 'bout the same an' I could discount 'em further as y'please."

It wasn't exactly her preferred method of business, especially if there was a chance she'd never see him after. But she owed him and Hadyn was nothing if not true to her word. Besides, business was going along steadily and neither of the weapons would take long to make. With a small smile she waited for the warrior to decide, her expression placid.
Hadyn Skellig
a blade for a beer

Words: 455862
Joined roleplay: March 13th, 2013, 6:35 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)

Postby Khal'iah on April 24th, 2013, 5:21 am

'Now, don't you just hate it when I'm right?' chimed the voice in the rear of the Akalak's psyche. Ha'lik's tone was populated by a newfound arrogance brought on by this "victory". 'She's willing to put together a sword for you, and I bet you could haggle her down to getting it free of charge. Don't muck this up...' he said. The violet-skinned warrior made no response to his counterpart's words, and he did indeed loathe the fact that he was right. But, this arrangement had the potential to keep the two of them alive much longer, so Khal'iah was going to see it through to the end now. "I am thinking something in the realm of a shortsword, perhaps forged from Cold Iron if it's not too much trouble..." he began, selecting his words carefully as he mentally hashed out the image of this potential weapon.

"...I'm not one for aesthetics, so it can be as simplistic as you'd like. As long as it bears the mark of the smith who forged it, so the world may know of your handwork."

He added the last portion regarding her mark because he had honestly meant it; the woman he extended to him a rare kindness and the shop was hailed as one of the best in the region. As such, carrying a weapon forged from Sultros Arms would be certain to turn some heads and bring her some business in the future...if his deeds wielding the blade were decent enough. "In this way, those who survive an encounter with my blade will be flocking here to purchase one of their own." He concluded with a warm smile, one that dwarfed the one she had given him only moments before.

"That which is most precious to me...I shall protect until my last breath."
-Khal'iah Vojak (Character Sheet)
Khal'iah
Guardian of the Rose

Words: 118454
Joined roleplay: April 2nd, 2013, 8:35 am
Race: Akalak
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Hadyn Skellig on April 29th, 2013, 3:06 am

Hadyn considered his response, head tilted as she raised her eyebrows, quirking one side of her lips up reflexively as she realized the prudence in his statement. It wasn't common for blades to be made and sold at a reduced price but she did owe him a debt and his explanation was satisfying.

"A good point," she conceded with a nod. "As for a mark of craftsmanship I can't say anyone's e'er asked for that. I'll have to consider an appropriate insignia."

She offered him a smile and glanced sideways at the fire.

"When do y'need it by, my friend?"
Hadyn Skellig
a blade for a beer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Khal'iah on May 8th, 2013, 7:32 pm

To be perfectly honest, Khal'iah was a tad surprised that no one had ever requested a weapon bearing her unique signature before; but then again, they were within a city that did not have a large number of establishments that produced arms and armor. As such, there was only a handful of places that the denizens of the city could procure their arms, thereby eliminating the need for unique insignia. No matter, Khal'iah indeed wanted one upon his weapon and thought to perhaps aide the woman in her thought process. He thought for a moment or so, running through possible designs...before realizing that he was woefully uncreative! A slight chuckle escaped his lips as he realized this, but he did make a single suggestion.

"If it's any help, your insignia should bear your name, or initial, and something that you like."

When the smith inquired as to when exactly the violet-skinned Akalak would require the blade to be completed, he in turn went through his mental "schedule". Of course, there was no semblance of a rush and he had absolutely nothing going on for the foreseeable future; but he did intend on leaving the City of Drunks at some point or another. However, he was certain that the woman would be skilled enough to produce an excellent weapon by the time he succumbed to his wanderlust and set out for a new destination. Silence had ruled the warrior as he pondered for a moment, but ultimately relented with a single shrug.

"I don't have a date or anything in mind," he began, "whenever the weapon is ready is when I'll pick it up. There's absolutely no rush my friend."

"That which is most precious to me...I shall protect until my last breath."
-Khal'iah Vojak (Character Sheet)
Khal'iah
Guardian of the Rose

Words: 118454
Joined roleplay: April 2nd, 2013, 8:35 am
Race: Akalak
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Hadyn Skellig on May 10th, 2013, 1:10 am

"I think I can manage that," she replied with a warm smile. An insignia, though something she hadn't done before, shouldn't be difficult by any stretch. The question lay in the realm of what she wanted to represent her. That would take a bit of thought.

"I can have her ready in," Hadyn tilted her head, eyes cast to the dark ceiling as she ruminated before returning her gaze to the Akalak. "Three days?"

Her intonation implied a question, eyebrows raised as she looked at him. Although he said there was no time-frame Hadyn wanted to be sure three days wouldn't be too long. She had other work to do and being that she shared the forge and tools with other smiths she had to be respectful of their schedules. Shifting her weight and taking a peek at the fire, the woman waited for the man's response.

She couldn't honestly say her work had ever been taken beyond the gates of Syliras. As far as she knew her patrons were citizens of the city. The thought of her work leaving the insular community and displayed to the rest of Mizahar intrigued her. Hadyn knew her skills were exceptional but the idea that Khal'iah would be proud enough of her work to take it abroad was tremendously exciting.
Hadyn Skellig
a blade for a beer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Previous