Shuffling Along (Open)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

While Sylira is by far the most civilized region of Mizahar, countless surprises and encounters await the traveler in its rural wilderness. Called the Wildlands, Syliran's wilderness is comprised of gradual rolling hills in the south that become deep wilderness in the north. Ruins abound throughout the wildlands, and only the well-marked roads are safe.

Shuffling Along (Open)

Postby Jayneth on June 26th, 2010, 11:58 pm

Well this was unexpected, Jayneth thought as he tried to spit whatever dirt and mud ended up on his lips and within his mouth. The movement happened so quickly as if she had done this before and left the man no option but helplessness. The whip did not cause unbearable pain and the rough treatment was no big deal, but it was the fact that the compromising situation was completely out of nowhere that caused him pain. At the same time, it amused him greatly. If he could feel attraction, other than physically, Sonya may have brought it out of him.

Allowing himself to smile, another genuine quality he chose not to hide from her, Jayneth tilted his head to the side and replied, "Oh I never trusted you, Sonya, but I didn't expect this." He even allowed a short laugh. Oh how situations change... The chaos was exhilarating. "How much do you think I'd be worth, anyway? And trust me, I won't make a fuss." He was interested in his worth. How much trouble was she going through and for how much? The grin was still on his face as he tried to allow himself to stand and it was there to get a reaction from her.

Certainly, Sonya would have to think she was in complete control of the situation now and that typically created vulnerabilities in personalities. Even if Jayneth could not find a way out of this on their way to wherever she wanted to take him, he was sure that at his scheduled destination he could find a way out. No plans were sound enough to not have a loophole and no armor was without its flaws. For now, he would enjoy his course, but he would be sure to keep an eye out for any means of escape.
Jayneth
Player

Words: 10915
Joined roleplay: June 24th, 2010, 3:54 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet

Shuffling Along (Open)

Postby Kelpie on June 27th, 2010, 4:23 am

A smirk. “You must learn to expect everything and anything out in the Wilds. You let your guard down, and let a woman overcome you.” A small laugh escaped her as she dug her heel deeper into the skin of his hand. “You amuse me. So curious and so calm when you’re obviously in such an unfortunate predicament.” Pulling the whip back to lift Jayneth’s head up, Sonya leaned forward until her face was just a hair’s length away from his own. “If I would have to say, give or take 350 to 400 gold mizas. It would be a nice investment, and I doubt they wouldn’t mind a few cuts or bruises. Just don’t think I won’t cut one of your pretty arms off if you piss me off.”

Her foot eased off Jayneth’s hand now, but she continued to hold him down with the force of her left leg. Still holding the whip firmly, she fiddled with the rope around her belt and promptly tied the mixed blood’s wrists together. Sonya cared not if it was far too tight for him, nor did she bother helping him up. Instead she released him from the pressure of the heel digging into his back, and tugged at the whip still around his neck with a jerk and aimed a hard kick to his ribs. “Get up. I hope you can manage it without your hands.”

A glance over to his horse, and she paused for a moment. “You won’t need him, so you might as well follow me on foot.” Whistling for her steed to come to her side, Sonya tugged another rope out from the confines of her bag and looped it around Jayneth’s neck. She then loosened the whip and wrapped it about her arm for safekeeping. “There, now don’t you look pretty?” She cooed, tying the end of the rope to the saddle of her horse. Several chimes later after gathering her tent supplies and stuffing them in her pack she was mounted again, kicking the sides of her horse to force him onwards through the pouring rain. “You best keep up.”
Kelpie
Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!

Words: 144278
Joined roleplay: June 21st, 2010, 1:27 am
Location: DS of Lhavit, Mod abilities in Lhavit and Unforgiving
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

Shuffling Along (Open)

Postby Jayneth on June 27th, 2010, 7:01 am

Well this was a predicament that was proving to be a little more difficult to get out of. The pain did not bother him from being tied up, nor did the humiliation of awkwardly gathering his feet underneath him and trying to stand. It took a few tries and a balancing act, but he was able to manage. The problem was that he did not put it past Sonya to do exactly as she said she would with his limbs if he resisted too much. Four hundred gold Mizas was certainly quite a bit of coin and Jayneth immediately started thinking of ways he could get his own hands on at least some of that reward.

It bothered him only slightly that he was losing his steed. He was a good one so far, but surely stealing another would not prove to bee too difficult. Hell, he may even be able to convince somebody to give him a horse for free once this ordeal was over. As a new rope was slipped over his head and attached to her horse, Jayneth let out an inaudible sight at having to walk. She could at least let him ride behind her. Regardless, this was his plight and he would take advantage of the fact that he would be placed behind the woman where he would remain out of sight.

Starting the journey, Jayneth decided to start the conversation. "So how could I be worth more than that? If had some sort of skills your customer is looking for or had some noble blood in me? If there were a way to raise this price, we may be able to make for a pretty good team." The thoughts just started rolling off his mind and out his mouth. Literally not putting any thought into the plot before blurting out what he was thinking. "Seriously, how many different places do you have to sell people? You could say I'm worth more, I could act that way or prove that I am somehow, and we could break me out or have me escape to do it again at the next location." Remembered how she was apparently motivated by wealth, he appropriately added, "And, by Rhysol, you could have the majority of what we make." This was accompanied by a laugh as if she, the one in control right now, would not demand 100% of the profits herself.

It was a unique idea, and one that he thought he could actually enjoy for a bit. But it all depended on what she thought and if the prospect of making even more money would be worth temporarily working with him. Besides, if she was finished then she just would not help him escape that time. Jayneth felt he could break out of most places on his own, either through force or coercion, but the added help would make things easier.

Ultimately, the man did not expect her to go along with the idea but he was hoping a girl like her would also worship Rhysol and that might make her change her thoughts. Or, if all else fails, he was providing what was most likely amusing conversation for the both of them. He supposed that he could always just ask nicely for her to let him go, but he would save that sort of humiliation as a last resort. Until then, behind her horse and out of sight, he would of course try the loop around his neck to see if he could work it off by moving his neck around and maneuvering his head. You never know with the rain if the rope might have become slippery. If he could pull something like that off, these ideas of cheating people out of their own money would be completely worthless.
Jayneth
Player

Character sheet

Shuffling Along (Open)

Postby Kelpie on June 28th, 2010, 3:58 am

Despite herself and her callous ways Sonya couldn’t help but find Jayneth mildly amusing. Most of the victims she had kidnapped wept and pleaded for their lives, and nine times out of ten, the woman would slice out their tongues to keep them from speaking. But here he was, having the audacity to even begin a light-hearted conversation. Did he think her naïve? That perhaps she would become compliant to his words? She didn’t turn her head when she spoke, her attention focused on the wet road ahead. “You’re quite talkative. If you were anyone else I would threaten you with the Symenestra’s Kiss if you didn’t shut up.” She smiled, “But you’re not half bad looking, and you speak of interesting deals.”

There was a definite change in her expression when Jayneth spoke of Rhysol, one he would obviously pick up when she turned back to address him once again. The anger that flicked across her eyes was apparent in the way she struck at his shoulder with her whip for his meager attempts to escape. “For a man that was bargaining for his life, I don’t think I can truly hold you to your word after what you were trying to do there. A fellow Rhysol worshipper and one willing to help a slaver, even for meager rewards. You’re a strange one, Jayneth. But now I see you are truly just as I am.”

She stopped the horse mid-track, dismounted and approached the half-blood, lifting his chin up with the leather handle of her whip. “And here I thought I would be able to take you to Sunberth relatively unharmed. What a pity.” She untied the rope from the saddle and pushed him into an open clearing on the side of the road. “I suppose it’s time to teach you a lesson. Crossing me is not a very smart idea.” She left him with his hands tied, but the rope around his neck was loose. There was a heavy shove as she knocked him to the ground, and brought the whip down along the small of his back.

“Go ahead and humor me with your talk of deals and bargains,” She hissed, continuing the barrage of hits. Under the pressure of the whip, the rope around his wrists was beginning to loosen as well, but the sheer fury that welled inside Sonya made her oblivious to it.
Kelpie

Office
Scrapbook
Trailblazer (1)

Shuffling Along (Open)

Postby Jayneth on July 9th, 2010, 2:42 am

As soon as the woman halted her horse and quit talking, Jayneth knew things were not going as planned. Sure, he did not really expect Sonya to take him up on what was essentially a plea bargain but he certainly could have done without being taught whatever lesson it was she had in mind. Knowing she worshipped Rhysol, he understood the lesson would not be a welcome one. Thinking quickly would be the only way to escape what could be a rather painful afternoon but as of now, he could not think of a way out of the situation.

Then he was kicked to the ground with a boot that did not particularly hurt but left him on the ground with hands tied and a rope around his neck. Had she not started all of this, Jayneth had half a mind to try and manipulate the woman into allowing him to give her that womanly pleasure she surly desired. Even as a prisoner he thought he could manage that one. But now-

The thought ended with a whip to his back. She sure had an accurate wrist and had just the right flick to make up for what she might lack in pure strength. Grimacing from the attack, Jayneth made sure she could not see his facial expression. It was only going to worse if he could not do something about it, however. When she spoke again, he thought he might be able to talk his way out of this. "It seems, my dear, that you do not care for my talk of bargains! Or if you do, you have a peculiar way of showing it!"

It was not going to work. The whip found his body here and there and exactly where she wanted it to. Sonya seemed to be enveloped in a fit of fury and during the beating is when Jayneth realized the rope meant to simply keep his hands behind him while walking was coming loose under the pressure of the ground and him squirming and rolling to make it seem he was in more pain than he really was. The dark skinned man would continue to embellish the effects of her whip snapping against his body until he was sure his hands could be free quickly at his will.

Now he had options. First, he noticed any branches or stones that would be within quick reach as he rolled on the ground. His eyes squinted as if in terrible pain, but from the slits his eyes made were searching pupils. If nothing was within reach, he would have to time his move when and if Sonya came too near to him or right after an attack. If he could grab an ankle he could bring her down unexpectedly and disarm her before she knew what was happening. If she did not get close enough, he could at least retreat further away to put physical distance between them. Of course, if she showed signs of slowing or stopping the attack, he could be relatively sure an even better opportunity would come about, but he was relatively certain she would not be quitting any time very soon.
Jayneth
Player

Character sheet

Shuffling Along (Open)

Postby Kelpie on July 10th, 2010, 4:05 am

Sonya kept up her assault for a good ten more chimes before the flash of her whip slowed and her wrist grew far more tired. Her fury was dying down, and for the moment she had paused, swept away a small strand of hair flowing freely near her temple, then sighed as if all this was so bothersome. And indeed it was, but when the woman was PMsing, there isn’t much that can be done in the way of establishing any kind of peace.

She stopped completely for a fraction of a chime, tapping her chin thoughtfully. “No shouting, no crying, must I strip you for maximum pain?” She moved closer until she stood directly above him, legs on either side, with an icy stare that bore into the back of his head. “I’m sure carving some letters into your back wouldn’t deduct from my pay. But what a shame that I have to resort to it to get anything out of you.” Indeed, she looked clearly disappointed, with a small frown evident on her painted lips.

Sonya pulled out the slick blade from the side of her boot, smirking. “Now stay still, wouldn’t want to cut that pretty face of yours.” She knelt with one knee digging into the small of his back then, and began tearing her way through his coat, his shirt and any article of clothing he might have been wearing until a large square had been cut out. She didn’t hesitate sinking her blade into flesh, swerving it, carving a clean “S” into his skin that oozed blood.

In that instant, she was still unaware of his apparent lack of binds, but she was far too content in her handiwork to either take note of it or to check him over. “’S’ for slave, or ‘S’ for Sonya, either way, it’s fitting.” She cooed. Now was the perfect opportunity to strike, lest she maim him further for his lack of reactions. She also had the audacity to lean closer, pressing her lips to his ear in a sultry implication. “I hope you have learned your lesson, Jayneth.” Poison incarnate. The femme fatale was underestimating the traveling mixed blood by a long shot.
Kelpie

Office
Scrapbook
Trailblazer (1)

Shuffling Along (Open)

Postby Jayneth on July 10th, 2010, 11:29 pm

Lying there and taking it was not exactly on his list of priorities, but for a while that is all Jayneth could do. He rolled, listed side to side and waiting for an opportunity to strike while concealing the fact that his hands were essentially free. All the while he also thanked Rhysol that Sonya was only a woman and lacked the strength and stamina to work him over for too long of a time. It was better to feel pain than nothing, but the sooner she gave him an opportunity to improve his current status the better.

Finally she stopped and proceeded to mount the mixed blood. "You would enjoy stripping me, Sonya, but it seems you are finding a way to get some pleasure out of this anyway." As the blade cut through clothing, Jayneth knew it was only a moment from finding flesh. Knowing she would not kill him or wound him too much to cause damage allowed him to the chance to slow his breath and meditate, convincing his mind that his body could endure whatever trick she had up her sleeve.

The cold steel slit through layers of skin and in an odd way, it made him feel alive. He knew Sonya was enjoying carving into his body and although Jayneth was sure she would enjoy doing the same to just about anybody, he also had a feeling part of the pleasure was because it was on a canvas that intrigued her and frustrated her all in the same. When she was finished with her artwork and was sitting there admiring it, Jayneth thought he could take advantage of that opportunity to strike. Before he could do anything, however, she leaned in closely and spoke to him.

Leaning the way she was, putting her center of weight to the side as her support structure shifted meant she would be at least slightly off balance. Her lips against his ear was almost a distraction more than anything, and when she uttered his name he knew it was his moment to perform. Pushing his weight off the ground and into her, he used his own weight and her unbalance to throw her to the ground. She likely would not have a tight grip on her blade at this point and his first priority would be to rid her of it and grab it for himself if possible. His second priority would be to put his own weight on her, his knee digging into the back of her leg underneath her butt where the pressure in itself would hurt but where she could not simply roll away and put him off balance the way he did to her.

In that position, he could gather her wrists behind her back and hold them with a single hand. If she were to get them free, he could move off of her and quickly put distance between the two before she could even roll over, let alone pick herself up. If he was able to collect the blade from her, he would place it against the side of her ear and neck just under the jawbone. "Oh Sonya, I learned my lesson. You seem to be quite the teacher." He did not bother with the antics or drama by pressing his lips against her ear or losing his concentration at all.

If all went as planned he would be able to manipulate her for the first time during this episode. He had no desire to continue business with her at all and Jayneth would collect the rope before ushering her toward the closest tree that was not too large in circumference, but big enough that he could press her against it and pull her arms around the back. With the rope, he was sure he could tether her to the tree for plenty long enough for him to get back to her horse and be off before somebody found her or she worked herself free. If she gave him trouble, he had no problem digging the blade into her as far as he needed to prod her to behave. If that meant a small prick, fine. If that meant drawing blood, it would only be fair. And if that meant killing her, perhaps she would be the one learning the greatest lesson this day.
Jayneth
Player

Character sheet

Shuffling Along (Open)

Postby Kelpie on July 16th, 2010, 7:41 pm

Sonya was caught off guard. With the stupidest antic of them all, she had let herself be mislead and manipulated in a flurry of action. He had her on the ground, pathetically held down by merely his one hand, because she knew if she so much as struggled her fragile bones would fracture or even break. There was no use attempting to grasp her dagger, she had been overcome, and in her mind she kicked herself. In the open, she hissed at his words, as well as the fact that he used his own weapon against her.

“You little bastard,” She snarled, but her words fell in disappointment. It was no use fighting, he held the upper hand. When Jayneth brought her to the tree, she didn’t fight, did nothing at all in that moment or even attempt to force her way out of her bonds. It would bring far too much trouble to do so, and she’d rather not have a fellow Rhysol worshipper gut her on the spot when she could easily escape in time and go on her long and painstakingly slow search for him in the future.

Jayneth was free then to take Sonya’s leopard bred horse. It contained the majority of her profits, several stored weapons and clothes. The woman of course, would shout obscenities and curses on the mixed blood, vowing to find him and claim what he had taken. But if he chose to leave her and flee, he would find himself amidst the foreboding woods once more, alone but free, with no fate of slavery lying in his future.

Blood had been shed that day but the scar would last Jayneth a lifetime. It was deep, an eternal reminded of his little misadventure in the Wildlands, and an event that would ultimately leave him fortunately more aware of his surroundings and the people he meets. Lest he enjoy being tortured and beaten, then he could go on his merry way without a care in the world. He would meet Sonya again, but when was a mystery. Perhaps it would be on far more friendlier terms.

oocFeel free to end the thread, I will reward it accordingly. :)
Kelpie

Office
Scrapbook
Trailblazer (1)

Shuffling Along (Open)

Postby Jayneth on July 31st, 2010, 4:00 am

As Jayneth maneuvered the woman to the tree and listened to her utter whatever insults her defeated soul could muster, he once again felt a satisfaction this day. Things had not gone as planned, but that in itself was intriguing to the mixed blood. He hated plans in general and now, in retrospect, he could be generally happy with the outcome of his encounter with Sonya.

He cinched the rope around the tree and stood back for a moment. He admired his work- how the roles were reversed and how the chaos fell once again in his favor. Sonya would get free but it would take her some time. She was angry, he could tell, but he had a feeling the emotion was directed just as much to herself as it was toward him. Looking at Sonya tied up, helpless and angry about her situation, Jayneth suddenly had the urge to rape her. Not that he typically enjoyed the helplessness, but he wanted to drive home the point that he had complete control of her when not so long ago the woman thought that ball was in her court.

Jayneth had evidently convinced his body that this notion would be enjoyable, but he simply smirked at the woman and turned away. He would find a physical release later, but for now he intended on taking the horse he was gently hauled behind and whatever possessions he could find there. As a man, he was not beyond submitting to his urges, but as a man just recently beat and cut into he could just as easily cast them aside.

Turning away and approaching the leopard bred horse, he checked any bags to see what was now his and determine what he may need to add to his new set of items or what he could discard. As he mounted his new transportation, Jayneth would be sure to monitor his back and where he was cut into. He would be reminded of this encounter and that tied up woman for quite some time, but if he needed to get it taken care of he would address that first. He could survive most things, but infections finding their way into wounds could prematurely end what was his to enjoy. He supposed he would continue on toward the city regardless of what he found and the condition of his back. There was nothing to return to from where he came.
Jayneth
Player

Character sheet

Shuffling Along (Open)

Postby Kelpie on July 31st, 2010, 6:04 am

Jayneth: +5 Rhetoric, +3 Interrogation, +2 Unarmed Combat, +1 Negotiating

Lore: Kidnapped, Identifying Slavers, Turning the Tide, Smooth-talking, Bargaining for Freedom

Jayneth has lost the following:
Zavian
Camping gear

Jayneth has recieved the following:
Leopardbred Horse (Mare)
80gm
2 meters of rope
Tent and camping supplies
1 set of clothing (Women's size for his enjoyment)
Several books on Ravok and Rhysol

Mod Note: Fun thread, thanks a lot, Jay! :) Come back for more!
Kelpie

Office
Scrapbook
Trailblazer (1)

Previous