Open Fun and games

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Fun and games

Postby Savannah on April 21st, 2013, 7:10 pm

30th Spring, 513AV

It was dark out, but Savannah was out carefully trying not to make a sound. What would it be today? Robbing a store or home.. Savannah ventured off near the houses by the docks. She can smell the fresh sea that blown in by the wind. Savannah stopped and pricked her huge ears. Clear! a smile came to her face. Her intentions weren't the best, but she thrilled for mischief and having fun. One think good about being a small fox is that you can always get out of sticky situations. She was proud of being a fox... A cute tiny little fox that is!! her small little legs helped her speed through the quiet little streets. She stopped and smelt the air then continued. There was a small house that did appear to her the most interesting, and had its windows open just for her. Savannah jumped on the window ledge looked in. No one seemed to be awake and the sent wasn't as fresh. She hopped of on to the floor, it was cold. She steathfully walked on is and looked around the home... or store... but she was sure it was a home.
Savannah
Player

Words: 3895
Joined roleplay: April 20th, 2013, 1:55 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Fun and games

Postby Lavine on April 28th, 2013, 3:45 am

Lavine loved the feel of flying. The weightlessness hung heavily in her lower stomach, but it was all part of the experience. The wind hugged her every curve and feather. The low lighting was easy on her sharp eyes, making flying at night one of her favorite past times. Lavine watched the gentle flickering of the few lanterns still lit from her height, but something caught her keen eyes. A tiny fox was scurrying through the streets, slinking about the alleyways, weaving in and out of buildings with the skill only a thief could have.

Lavine cocked her head suspiciously, then dove to land on a nearby fence with a silent "swoosh". Her feet connected with the posts solidly, making a slight noise that sounded like gunfire in the night. Her nocturnal energy flowed through her, giving her a boost of adrenaline. Her talons curled deep into the wood with anxiety. Luckily, the tiny fox seemed not to notice. Lavine breathed a sigh of relief, then went back to watching the creature. From her spot on the post, she had a clear view of the little fox creeping through the window. It was clear the dirty rat didn't belong there- it was probably stealing food. Lavine badly wanted to let loose the ear-piercing screech gathering in her gullet, but she didn't want the creature to attack. She gently swooped in after the fox, hoping to deal with it quickly.

I'll fly in, pick up the lost fox, bring it back to the forest, and then head back to my tent so I can sleep for the night. With an air of finality, Lavine sighed. She used her barn owl's form to the fullest, navigating the tight window with grace and speed. Once inside, she softly cooed, but with no response. Guess we'll have to do this the hard way. She thought. With a powerful flap, Lavine glided into the house, searching the shadows for the little thief.
Last edited by Lavine on May 3rd, 2013, 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lavine
Safety is merely an illusion

Words: 48336
Joined roleplay: April 17th, 2013, 10:16 pm
Blog: View Blog (5)
Character sheet
Medals: 1
Artist (1)

Fun and games

Postby Valdyor Avenca on April 30th, 2013, 8:51 pm

Valdyor slipped along the quiet streets as the dark night took it's firm, total hold over Zeltiva. He had not been here long, and was glad for that. He needed to make some coin and he needed to start drawing connections to whatever underworld this city had. In any case, he was stalking along the streets when he spotted a small building, a window already open. He considered slipping through the window, but decided that he could use some practice with his lockpicking. He had the tools after all.

With that, he knelt in front of the door and reached into his pouch, pulling out his pick and pry. He inserted the two into the door's lock and began to work at it as quietly as he could. After several long, nervous minutes, where he feared he would be spotted but never was, the lock clicked open softly. Valdyor grinned and stood, putting his pick and pry away as he slipped silently into the door, his eyes already perfectly adjusted to the darkness. Once inside, he saw a strange sight. A hawk and small fox were inside and neither seemed to be there as pets.
Common Thoughts Semenos Snake-Tongue
Valdyor Avenca
Player

Words: 8507
Joined roleplay: April 16th, 2013, 6:09 pm
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet

Fun and games

Postby Lavine on May 3rd, 2013, 1:57 am

Lavine froze when she heard the door creak softly. Thoughts ran rampant through her mind. Petch! There's another? Or is it the owner of the house? What is he going to think of this sudden animal infestation? She shuffled uncomfortably when a strange man slid through the slightly cracked door. Symenstra. She classified the man instantly. His build was thin, yet clearly full grown. He was probably around 30, but had hair like cobwebs that made him appear closer to 60. Her wide eyes quickly picked up on his long black nails, but the thing that really startled her was his piercing red eyes. They reminded her of rubies, set deep into his pale face.

Lavine debated for a split second before making the change to human form. It would be much easier to talk and he wouldn't be as likely to attack. So, she reached deep inside herself, searching for her human form. Mentally, she grabbed ahold and pulled herself out. Her whole form molded into a separate shape, that of a human girl. The change was familiar and comforting, leaving her with the same tiny rush she got every time. When she opened her eyes, the room swam with a shower of yellow sparks. Her vision was clouded until she found herself adjusted to seeing without her barn owl eyes, therefore staring into darkness.

Aloud, she tried to apologize to the man but it all came out sounding worse than before. He had better be an understanding Symenstra, or she might be in some deep trouble- without her weapon to top it all off!

"Sir?" She said politely, "I'm very sorry I just barged into your house like this. Rest assured, I was trying to prevent a young fox from accidentally taking anything of value so if you could let me help find her, I would much appreciate it." She looked around, but with her helpless eyesight, she couldn't find the little fox. "Well, there was a thieving fox. I swear there was."
After a moment's thought, she added, "Also, if you could spare a cloak it would be preferable. See, us Kelvics don't exactly keep our clothes from form to form so..." She drifted off with a slight edge of awkwardness.

Lavine stood silently in the center of the dark room, waiting for the man's response, hoping and praying with fingers crossed that he would understand.
Lavine

Character sheet
Artist (1)

Fun and games

Postby Valdyor Avenca on May 3rd, 2013, 2:13 am

Valdyor watched as the owl suddenly turned into a woman, thin and, much to his surprise, completely nude. As she spoke, he realized that she thought he was the owner of the house. Valdyor nearly burst out laughing at that, but managed to just shake his head and toss her his cloak, revealing the chitinous armor and silken clothes beneath.

"Yes, well, I suppose that, perhaps, you meant well." He decided that this could easily be used to his advantage and he nodded to the young woman with a smile, speaking the common tongue but his voice having a slight, melodic lilt to it. "I will be more than capable of finding the fox. if indeed it is still here. You go on home. You can leave my cloak outside if you wish, or take it with you if you are not going to be changing back to an owl," he said with a soft smile, before heading into another room of the house to scout for valuables.

He grinned and shouted joyously in his mind as he realized how simple this had all become. He thought he was about to have an alarm sounded on him, and now he had free reign of the place! It couldn't have worked out better.
Valdyor Avenca
Player

Character sheet

Fun and games

Postby Lavine on May 3rd, 2013, 2:48 am

Lavine gratefully wrapped the cloak around herself. Luckily, the man seemed to understand that she had only been doing good, but he had seemed quite eager to get into his house. Is it possible he was just tired and wanted to hurry to bed? Most likely, he was eager to find the little fox so they could team up! She knew in her gut that they were up to no good. Lavine would not stand for that. She had taken on this task and, by the Gods, she would finish it!

Putting on her kindest, ditsiest face, she followed the man deeper into the house. Lavine waited until she had his attention, then nodded in thanks to the stranger before asking gently, "If I might ask, what would your name be? I may be new to Zeltiva but in most towns you would need to report this to someone." She shrugged as carefree as possible when discussing a robbery. "You are clearly exhausted and I would hate to keep you from your well earned sleep. I could report the robbery for you and it would all be taken care of. Much simpler, see?"

She cocked her head to one side and rolled back her shoulders confidently, sure she had cornered the man. Now he would have no choice but to tell the truth. She shot him a friendly grin as she chirped, "I'm Lavine by the way. I have a tent outside the city walls if you ever need to find me. For questioning or whatnot." She added, just to keep up her proper, innocent act.
Lavine

Character sheet
Artist (1)

Fun and games

Postby Savannah on May 3rd, 2013, 9:43 am

Savannah heard voices from the front of the house from where she entire. Oh hell!! this was just not her day, she found a closed window, she moved ever so quietly. Savannah turn into her human form, and slowly opened the window, then jumped out. She turned back into her fox and made a run for it. haha!! For a moment I thought I'll be a roasted Kelvic! Savannah continued to shake it off and just continue running.
Savannah
Player

Words: 3895
Joined roleplay: April 20th, 2013, 1:55 pm
Character sheet

Fun and games

Postby Valdyor Avenca on May 3rd, 2013, 11:29 am

Valdyor stopped and turned to her with a soft, small smile, that took on a predatory glint as it revealed his fangs. "Thank you, Lavine, but that will not be necessary. It would seem your little fox has fled the coop," he said, nodding to an open window on a far wall. "As for reporting the crime, it would appear that nothing has been stolen, though I shall have to wait for morning to take a full inventory. If I need to report it then, I certainly will."

He turned back and cursed mentally. He knew what she was trying to do, which meant she knew what he was trying to do. Now this was a dilemma. He had to either get her out of the house, and fast, kill her, or leave. The first option was best. Killing her wouldn't do. He had been here too short a time to be forced to leave so soon. After a moment of thought, he had an idea and turned slowly with that same soft, slightly predatory smile.

"You know, Lavine, it comes to my mind that you are a very pretty woman, alone and unarmed, in a dark empty house, with a Symenestra. I'm terribly surprised you aren't running for the hills, or screaming your head off," he said simply. The Harvest had become a point of folklore the world over. Nearly every corner of the world had heard of, and feared it. Perhaps he could use that to his advantage.
Valdyor Avenca
Player

Character sheet

Fun and games

Postby Lavine on May 4th, 2013, 3:23 pm

The small smile that crossed him face made it clear to Lavine that this was no more than a game to him. No matter how hard she tried to hide it, she couldn't stop the fear that ran through her. She had heard whispers in the streets of the way Symenstra treated other species, and it never ended well. Her skin crawled at the mere mention of the Harvest. She backed up involuntarily, but with a last moment of courage (or stupidity), lunged forward. She felt her fist connect solidly with the man's arm but knew instantly all she had done was irritate him. "I'm not afraid of you!" She howled, but they both knew it was a lie.

She locked eyes with the thief, an open challenge in her own amber pools. I may not be good with my fists, but if it means putting this sorry excuse of a Symenstra in his place then that's what I'll do. She waited, knowing that he needed to accept the challenge first. Still, if he left peaceably now, after she had made the first move, it would be a miracle. Just to be sure though, she baited him a little. Lavine threw him a bitter grin and crowed, "Bring it on spider boy."
Lavine

Character sheet
Artist (1)

Fun and games

Postby Valdyor Avenca on May 4th, 2013, 4:43 pm

Valdyor scowled when she struck him. He may not have been the hardiest of creatures, but it was still just a glancing blow, nothing serious. And the way she stared him down, trying to challenge him. It was pitiful. He thought about leaving, right then and there, just to get away from her. And then she insulted not only him, but his kin and his people. That he would not stand for.

Valdyor snarled and stretched his fingers, the black, claw like nails glinting a bit in the moonlight, and his fangs elongating slightly in his anger. "You have crossed the wrong line," he said quietly, menacingly. "I hope you have not enjoyed life, because yours is about to end," he said before lunging forward, slashing his nails towards her face. He was quick to dart in and out, only leaving a small scratch across her cheek. It wouldn't even scar. Then, he waited to see what she would do.
Valdyor Avenca
Player

Character sheet

Next