Solo To anger some novices

Just another day for Revy on her job.... or is it?

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Known as the Celestial Seat, Nyka is a religious city in Northern Sylira. Ruled by four demigods and traversed by a large crevice, the monk-city is both mystical and dangerous. [Lore]

To anger some novices

Postby Revy Hiroe on April 29th, 2013, 3:03 pm

51st Spring 513 AV, eastern district.

It was just another day for Revy. Her contractor yelling at her that she should at least not have such a glaring expression on her face, because she was scaring away the customers.... according to him. Boring was what one could call it. What was the point in bringing her shield, sword and greatsword each time? It wasn't as if anything was going to happen anyway. But then again, it was easy money if it stayed like this.However, she would have never guessed that she'd get into trouble with the monks of Uphis today.

Business was thriving well, despite the mercenary's appearance. The merchant selling most of the craftwork he'd bought up in Riverfall, some of the jewelry he had stored out and some other random stuff which she didn't know a whole lot of. It was not until two bells after noon that trouble started. Some monks from the northern district, judging by the fact that they carried bladed weapons, came to the market, creating trouble for all of the 'outsiders'. They were insulting the merchandise and trying to keep the many Nykans away from the foreign merchants.

This wouldn't do. This wouldn't do at all. Who were they to ruin another's business? However, it wasn't her concern.... yet. They hadn't targeted this stall yet. Yet her contractor said: "W.... What... are you st.. standing around here for? G.. Go deal with them... I hi.. hired you for that." It was obvious this guy had no backbone. How could someone like this be this good at selling stuff? She didn't understand, nor did she want to.

While glaring back, making the merchant almost shrink with fear, she said: "Sure sure... you'd better give me a bonus though. And don't even think of extorting the others for this. I'm only protecting your stall.", she replied. While she was cold-hearted in battle, she still hated injustice, or well... what she saw as injustice.

"Oi oi oi, you there petching vagik. Stop harassing my boss. If ya don't, I'll make sure you wish you'd be back with your mommy.", she challenged one of them. The other's snickered, while the monk in question looked at her with anger.

"So you think you can beat me? I serve the great Uphis, so nothing can beat me. Ha!", he replied, clearly not intimidated. "I can handle you easily, woman. I'll teach you all about the greatness of Uphis."

Revy, on the other hand, just jawned as the monk rambled on about this Uphis guy. "Probably some guy with an overgrown ego, who thinks he can rival Myri.", she thought to herself, "Myri, if you're watching, I'll teach them that this Uphis-guy won't help them one bit after I've beaten them up."
"Yeah yeah yeah, just get ready. I'll beat you guys up 'till ya leave, kay? Don't wanna make the boss angry.", she said as she unbuckled her greatsword, setting it against her boss' stall. She then slipped her arm into the straps of her shield and drew her longsword.

Closing her eyes for just a tick, she gathered up all her focus and readied herself. Shield in front of her body, her sword pointed downwards along her body. The other monks felt the focus of the mercenary and hooted: "Ey Tarvon, you'd better be careful. She might actually be a match for you."
However, the monk in question didn't hear it. He felt the pressure coming from his opponent and it almost managed to unnerve him. He had been able to survive in the aperture for three days with nothing but a bit of water, so this woman shouldn't be a problem. He managed to calm his mind this way while he drew his shortsword and dagger.
Revy Hiroe
Emotional rollercoaster

Words: 394139
Joined roleplay: August 18th, 2011, 7:13 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

To anger some novices

Postby Revy Hiroe on April 29th, 2013, 4:04 pm

The fight started, both combatants were looking straight at eachother while the rest of the people made a large ring around them. Revy blocked out all sounds, just so she could focus on the battle. She planned to win fast and decisive. That way it would leave the most impact, also on the others. And that way she might not have to fight as much.

The monk waited the mercenary out. He had to formulate a plan to get rid of the shield, if he wanted to attack her. He knew that that thing was going to be a problem soon. Not only was it able to block combination attacks, but also did it take away sight on his target making it harder to predict what she was going to do. But before he could come up with a plan, the woman had made the first move.

She went straight forward, shield covering most of her body and her swordarm trailing behind, hidden from sight. Her plan was to startle the other, which had succeeded as he didn't have much battle experience yet, and then follow up with a knee to his precious parts. However, the other quickly regained his composure and darted to the side.
The mercenary reacted immediately to that by swinging her sword in. The monk had been taken by surprise, because he had forgotten her other weapon, and was hit hard on his hip. Yet the way he was hit infuriated him. He was being taken lightly, because that woman used the flat of the blade.

"Oi, kiddo. If I hadn't used the flat right now, you would've died. Wanna continue?", she taunted him. The monk's partners saw that the woman had far more battle experience then they did and chose to leave, dragging their furious friend with them. However, they didn't leave without threatening Revy. "Don't think that you won't be punished for this, woman. We'll get our revenge.", they snapped at her.

The mercenar, on the other hand, couldn't care less about angering some inexperienced monks. What could they do? After all, no one wanted to be beaten that badly in front of all these onlookers, let alone being beaten while being taken lightly.

After returning back to the stall, she buckled her greatsword on her back again and continued to guard the merchant. "Don't forget about that bonus, piece of blubber. A bit of mizas, or a piece of jewelry would do. I think you can miss those.", she hinted him.
Revy Hiroe
Emotional rollercoaster

Words: 394139
Joined roleplay: August 18th, 2011, 7:13 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

To anger some novices

Postby Abstract on June 20th, 2013, 7:52 pm

Revy :
Skills:
Persuasion - 1
Intimidation - 2
Weapon: Longsword - 1

Lores:
Challenged by a monk

There wasn't much to award here, as it was just a short thread. Please PM me if you have any questions, concerns, or comments!
Abstract
In a roundabout way... everything is me

Words: 382975
Joined roleplay: June 5th, 2013, 4:06 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (2)