The letter

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

The letter

Postby Akiva Korvashi on June 29th, 2010, 4:01 am

3rd Day of Summer 510 AV

The room was dark when she awoke, a strange tingling in her ears getting stronger. Kipps lay at her feet, asleep, and Keorvic beside her, also asleep. She sat up quietly as to not wake them, slipping out from under the blankets she and her new companion shared. She was unclothed, her curvaceous figure revealed in full. She did not dress this morning as she opened the door and closed it behind her. Where guards patrolling the streets may have thought they had seen a naked woman, they saw only a regular house cat now. The white cat slipped through the streets, unnoticed by most. Few tried to kick her, but she dodged easily, making one night even drop his lantern which smashed to the ground. He yelled at her, but it was his own fault, she felt no shame. She felt compelled to look into every crack and crevasse of the city, until she came to the area where most of the common folk were housed.

At first there was nothing interesting about this place. The stone walls were high, torches lit every ten feet or so. People entered and left their rooms, some returning from night shift jobs, others leaving to go about daily business. None of this interested her, until she came upon one man sitting up against the stone wall. He was old and fragile looking, his bones were clear within his flesh, and his hair, or what was left of it, was patchy and white. His skin was dotted with liver spots, and veins showed through the translucent skin on his hands. His eyes were black and set back in his face, and his lips were thin and cracked. He looked to her and gave her a half smile, showing his nearly empty mouth.

"Here kitty kitty," he said to her, his voice gentle despite that it came out in a croaking noise. [color=#4040FF]She shivered, yet could not deny this man. She stepped forward anxiously, stopping only a few feet away from him.
"You're no ordinary cat, are you. No..you can't fool me," he whispered, half to himself. "It has come to this. Sixty years has passed, but he's still out there...waiting...waiting for me. Sunberth, aye.. That's where he'll be. Take this to him." He reached into a pocket of his tattered brown jacket, pulling out a folded up letter. Fragments of the paper broke off as he fished it out, the paper was so old it had become brittle to the touch. He held the paper out to her, expecting her to take it. She inched forward and took the paper between her teeth, careful not to break more from it. It tasted of paper and death. "He'll be waitin' for ye, he always is they say. You'll find him in a cottage by the shore. Don't worry lass, ye'll be rewarded for your efforts." He cackled madly, violently errupting in a fit of coughing before slumping over where he sat, unmoving. His breath had gone from him.

She felt frozen in place, the paper still between her teeth. She knew she needed to decypher whatever was in the letter, but she knew not how to read. She turned around and ran back to the apartment, expertly dodging the feet of the townspeople. She pawed at the door of the apartment, not wanting to shift to her human form to let herself in for fear she may be spotted and punished by a guard. She had no time for their silly knight games right now.
Last edited by Akiva Korvashi on June 29th, 2010, 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Akiva Korvashi
Hunter in the flesh

Words: 89178
Joined roleplay: June 15th, 2010, 10:14 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Scrapbook

The letter

Postby Keorvic on June 29th, 2010, 4:34 am

Keorvic rolled forward into the cold space left by Akiva's absence. He yawned and looked around, spotting kipps sitting by the door and staring at him. the small cat meowed once, then began to pace in front of the door. He looked around and began to search for his clothes. He sighed, knowing that this would probably become a habit based on how Akiva had treated him the night before.

He located his clothes and put them on, anxious and worried about Akiva. All of Akiva's clothes were here, and that meant she was running around the streets naked. "Or as a cat I guess," he realized. either way, he quickly pulled on his boots and made ready to set forth into the city and find her. as he pulled the door open, he looked outside, and spotted a white cat holding what looked to be a letter in her mouth.
Keorvic
Ask me about my scar

Words: 64206
Joined roleplay: June 17th, 2010, 3:48 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet

The letter

Postby Akiva Korvashi on June 29th, 2010, 2:56 pm

As Keorvic opened the door to the apartment she ran in, jumping up on to the bed where she laid the letter down. She then transformed into her human self so that she could speak to Keorvic. "Can you read this? It's urgent." She didn't tell him why it was urgent, or where she had gotten it. She figured he wouldn't even touch the thing if she did. She motioned for him to sit by her and picked up the letter, holding it out to him. "I never did learn how to read. I don't think I could if I wanted to." She said, not ashamed at all, as some would be. She was Kelvic, she didn't usually need fancy symbols to convey her meanings.
Akiva Korvashi
Hunter in the flesh

Character sheet
Scrapbook

The letter

Postby Keorvic on June 30th, 2010, 3:34 am

Keorvic took the letter. "Okay, I guess I can read it for you. Ahem:

Winter 18 450 AV
This Journey of ours is a cursed one, we've lost three ships and come to shore in a city much like the underworld. the sounds of the streets keep us up at night, and during the day we must keep watch as well. Though it is a place of promising fortune, we cannot stay much longer. It is in the Gods names we continue this expedition, little hope is left for us. We are stationed in Sunberth, where we will wait for you. Come quickly, we haven't much time. The gold is still in our hands, though for how long we aren't sure, they may come for us any time. you know where to find us. Bring Help, They follow us even now."

The bottom of the page had a symbol written in blood on it. the edges of the paper were worn and in some places burned. it crumbled in his hands after he had read it all, leaving naught but dust behind.

"Well that's....weird." He said. "Where did you get this?" He asked the naked Kelvic.
Keorvic
Ask me about my scar

Character sheet

The letter

Postby Akiva Korvashi on July 1st, 2010, 1:12 am

Akiva sat on the bed, staring at the man in confusion. "He wants us to...go find some strange people for who knows what reason with only a 60 year old letter that is now ash, for an unknown reward?!" She paused for a minute. "That sounds fun!" She smiled. "I got it from some old man who called to me in the city. It wasn't a normal old man. Normally I wouldn't have gone near him, I would have run away...but I couldn't. It's like he wouldn't let me. He gave me the letter, and then he died... I have to do it though, I can't say why, but I do." She looked down, there was a weird feeling inside of her and she wasn't sure what it was. "It looks like we've found our adventure though. To Sunberth it is."
Akiva Korvashi
Hunter in the flesh

Character sheet
Scrapbook

The letter

Postby Keorvic on July 1st, 2010, 3:18 am

Keorvic sighed. "There is much I have heard of Sunberth. the only good in it is that it is a port town and as such may have someone who sells proper bait. and maybe another fishing rod." he thought, smiling slightly to himself. shaking himself back to the present he looked at Akiva. He then looked at her again and took time to appreciate her "assets." "If that's where you want to go, then I guess I should stock up and be ready to head out again." Keorvic grinned, happy to have a new direction, even if that direction led to a place that he had heard more bad rumors about than anywhere else.
Keorvic
Ask me about my scar

Character sheet