Completed The Last Goodbye... (Elaine)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

The Last Goodbye... (Elaine)

Postby Noaru on May 11th, 2013, 12:36 am

Spring 51 , 513 A.V.

“ Ravok, a city that would have been my permanent home but much like Zeltiva, it is just another place that will house someone I leave behind.”

Noaru traveled the streets to a place only he and few knew. In this form Noaru could not be seen but felt by some, if not by most with some spiritual talent and skill. He looked to the sky and saw things were quite different than what they usually were like, there was a quiet sky which replaced the darkened skies he was used to and beautiful stars than slowly began to fade into view as darkness replaced the world around him. The spirit would be alone again to pursue a goal only he could achieve and as he pushed forward towards this goal, he knew that many would be left behind.

He reflected upon the things he had done; murder, manipulation, and deceit... things that would not be easily forgiven but he did not ask for forgiveness, only a chance to reclaim that which he has lost and keep what has he now... with no exchange in between. Noaru came to a stop, in front of a huge estate. The building was abandoned; missing a door, windows and old paint was falling off its dying wooden frame.... this place was depressing to look at.

There the soulmist making up his form shimmered and flowed around him like raging waters glistening with the light of the sun but in Noaru's case, with the light of the moon and stars. Black much like the shadows, forever present shadows, Noaru's soulmist formed into a more liable and solid appearance which gracefully swayed, as if carried by a mysterious wind. Noaru, now fully materialized simply stood in front of the building, patiently waiting for someones arrival.
Last edited by Noaru on June 5th, 2013, 9:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Noaru
The grave is silent...

Words: 261739
Joined roleplay: May 29th, 2012, 6:17 pm
Race: Ghost
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Lets say Goodbye... for now (Elaine)

Postby Elaine Spade on May 15th, 2013, 4:52 pm

Wandering around the streets in the night. It could be dangerous even in Ravok. Everything could harm you, you couldn't see anyone. But not for a ghost who was harmful herself. Elaine wasn't materalized she was just going without purpose as always and hoped she will find something. Business as usual for her. Expect the part it wasn't really a good way to find "luck". But she couldn't do much about it. She didn't think about it, she looked forward to the goal.

But this night she had to meet with someone. And after some street she could notice someone. Having an unusual look the man was standing and something around him. After a couple of seconds Elaine realized it was Noaru himself. She materilazed herself right away. Looking more solid she was like running to him. Finally could see him she couldn't tell her feelings about the meeting. Just stopping before him she was looking at him with her empty eyes. She bowed as greeting and she whispered to him.

"Hello, Noaru! What a wonderful night to see you. How have you been?"

Just the usual. They meet say hello and then something happens. Always but it was alright in that way. The only friend she had. Looking around if somebody is around them Elaine wanted to be alone with him for now. In Peace.
Elaine Spade
Player

Words: 166350
Joined roleplay: October 30th, 2012, 5:29 pm
Character sheet

Postby Noaru on May 17th, 2013, 8:17 pm

Those words How have you been? struck Noaru's consciousness. He couldn't find the proper words that could explain how he felt; he spent a minute thinking, thinking carefully of what to say but in all truth...there was nothing. The spirit felt nothing--like a numbness had taken over him, it was clear that he had over stayed his welcome, he could not make this place his home, nor was there a living being to invite him into one or deal with his wicked ways.

“ Elaine... I' am fine and its been sometime since I had last seen you, how have you been? ”

All lies that's what it has all been about deception, betrayal and leaving precious things behind--to disappear in the passing ages as he searched for answers, answers that were getting increasingly harder and harder to find. Noaru fought against the thought that subconsciously he had been searching for a home and someone to suppress the darkness, someone to travel with... someone like Vasq.
Noaru
The grave is silent...

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Elaine Spade on May 20th, 2013, 8:02 pm

Happy to see him it was like Noaru didn't change at all. But he looked troubled somehow. Elaine wanted to know the reason behind it. Still didn't show any emotions. She didn't have to whatever she feel she will say it. But again some questions as always. Questions. Things that will never disappear. Elaine whispered to him.

"I guess I'm alright thank you for asking. And what is it that bothering you? Someone? Something? Me?"

She didn't want to think about that. But if she annoys him she'll leave. But it've must be something bigger. Elaine took a seat next to him. The ground was cold but she didn't feel it. Maybe it was a good part to be a ghost. But it was still weird to just sit like that. Doing nothing. She got used to it. Doing nothing is her usual business. But she didn't complain about that. She looked up at him.

"This place is sick..."

It was more like to whisper herself not to anyone. But she thought she wouldn't feel well in any city... Not ones with humans.
Elaine Spade
Player

Character sheet

Postby Noaru on May 23rd, 2013, 12:09 am

“ There is something and someone bothering me but it isn't you, Elaine. ”

The passing of time made him understand that his objective, his goal was to difficult to achieve in mere days. Noaru understood that he would need more time, power, information and lastly... allies. The spirit began to understand many things, things that were simple and yet could only be understood by those who have lived for countless years through bitterness and totally bleak darkness! Noaru could not see any expression of concern on Elaine's face, only from her words that he felt a little concern--this gave him a little comfort, knowing that there was at least one other person that was concerned about him or at least showed a little concern.

“ This old building was one of the many I was suppose to explore in this city but I'll do it some other time, lets go somewhere else...this place seems to be bothering you. ”

Noaru's body lifted off the ground as his cloak swayed vibrantly in the air, as if influenced by some invisible wind; he glanced to the old house one last time: even though, nothing remained inside, he wanted to pay his respects to old foundations such as these which was probably a home to at least one soul.
Noaru
The grave is silent...

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Elaine Spade on May 26th, 2013, 7:58 pm

Distrubing. The city and the humans themself was distrubing for her. Ravokians who were so proud because they are humans. Pride as Elaine holds it as well. But then why? Something even more distrubing was in her. She however stood up like a good girl and looked at the building which Noaru couldn't check out. She have to explore it too... She was curious now. She asked him what was it.

"What is that building ? Why is it so important?"

Looking at it Elaine didn't think it was that important. She wanted to stay and look inside. Later but Noaru wanted to go. She wanted to step but something stopped her. Where did he want to go? Elaine whispered to him curiously.

"You want to leave this building or the city? I... I don't want to leave Ravok."

As she told him she was afraid she will anger him or dissapoint him or both. She didn't want to leave his only friend but the time didn't come yet. Something was still there in the city which hold her back. Like an anchor... like the reasons she didn't even know either which result that she stayed as a ghost aming the mortals.
Elaine Spade
Player

Character sheet

Postby Noaru on May 29th, 2013, 6:22 am

“ There's nothing important about this building. I sought to know its history--seeing that it is very old.”

Noaru had a seriousness and a sadness in his eyes that only one soul had seen before! He couldn't face Elaine as he built up the strength to answer her question--one that was easy to answer but it held the heaviest of words. The spirit went forward and began to distance himself from the old building and as he did so, he answered Elaines question.

“ I'am leaving the city entirely... there is nothing here for me--not a single home that can be called mine.”

The reply was cold and emotionless but he hid his eyes from Elaine which were blue and filled with sadness.
Noaru
The grave is silent...

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Elaine Spade on May 29th, 2013, 1:24 pm

Elaine didn't see her face and only got the emotioneless speech as she used to do it too. Yes this place was disgusting. No home... but there wouldn't be home at other place either. She didn't feel ready to go there must be something to done here. Even she didn't know what or how but she was searching for it. Elaine walked closer to Noaru to see his face now. But he hid his eyes. Something was there.

"There must be something with this building... and can a ghost call a city or place HOME for itself? "

Home. She burned her home all down. It's nothing there now. Elaine knew she can't stop him. And she couldn't go either. This was a farewell for them. She was sad as she had to be alone again in the city. The speech was so hard now... it almost felt like unnatural as she didn't know how to what to say.

".. I ... Can't leave this city now. Disgusting, full of humans but I can't... I won't find home or peace in any other city anyway... It means a good bye for us?"

She looked down. Her only friend and he leaves too. The sadness was lighting up for a second in her eyes.
Elaine Spade
Player

Character sheet

Postby Noaru on May 31st, 2013, 2:01 am

“ I had a home once some hundreds of years ago--peaceful and surreal could be what my home would have been defined as, if it existed now--even vengeful ghosts and spirits such as I who have existed for thousands of years can have a home.”

Noaru suspected someone here was acting as her anchor, holding her behind with the promise of a home, soulmist... protection. The spirits sadness dwindled, crumbling away from him like dust which was carried away by the unforgiving winds of coldness and emptiness. This thing or person that held a ghost like Elaine here in Ravok: a place filled with humans who she mentions that she hates some much, it must be worth while because if not... she could be endanger.

A spiritist wanting to increase their power will eagerly want to find a young and fresh ghost to manipulate and use then later dispose of once their spiritual powers has grown some. Noaru wasn't going to sway Elaine in the other direction--this was her decision to remain here in Ravok and whatever happens... remains as hers to deal with. Yes, he was being a bit cold but if Elaine wanted to remain in the city shrouded by the falsehood of peace then she should be more distrusting of others; especially, of spiritists who can easily dust a small tier ghost.

“This city has already become your home once you mentioned that you did not wish to leave--this is our goodbye, Elaine. ”
Last edited by Noaru on June 1st, 2013, 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Noaru
The grave is silent...

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Elaine Spade on June 1st, 2013, 6:49 am

This city as her home. Even think about it was odd for Elaine. She didn't feel home at all there. She had nowhere or nobody to go to. But then why? She couldn't find answers and that was the most annoying. She wasn't sure now about her goals. She only knew she had to stay. Odd. Maybe her otherself again? No she wasn't there for a time now. But Elaine also didn't want to lose her friend. It was hard after a time she found one and now he was going.

"I don't think it's my home... More like a chain which doesn't let me go. I don't know what is happening there but I must stay... And yo-yo-you reall-l-y ha-a-ve to g-g-o? "

The Silent Lady's voice was trembling. She was sad. She knew she couldn't keep him back. Noaru is Noaru, she is Elaine, impossible that would happen. And why would she keep him back? For her own selfish reasons? No that would be terrible, that would make her look like a human. Elaine materialization was stronger now. Her appearance however didn't change. Her body was moving itself and she hugged Noaru. She didn't want to let him go she tried to hold him tight. She talked to him with normal voice.

"Let's not say goodbye forever... Noaru. No matter how I want you to stay you wouldn't... But we have to meet again! We will meet again! "

She wanted to be sure about it. She hold him tighter and tighter. She already lost two of her important people she didn't want to lose another. Elaine didn't feel any warmth from the other ghost. No wonder she wasn't warmth either. But she felt it. She wanted to feel it and as she believed it, it was there. But that was the memory of her parents' warmth. Although she didn't mind that. She just stayed there and hold him like nothing matter anymore.
Elaine Spade
Player

Character sheet

Next