Might need some help

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Drop on by, introduce yourself, and let us know how you found us. In addition, don't be afraid to tell us what you'd like to get out of your Mizahar experience. Check out the stickies for more information.

Might need some help

Postby Aninganssasses on May 11th, 2013, 2:14 pm

1. Name - or what you'd like to be called!
Name is Aninganssasses or Ani for short
2. What sort of RP experience do you have if any?
Some what
3. How did you find us?
Random
4. What sort of RP style is your favorite?
Anything
5. What do you like to write about - not write about?
Fantasy, horror, Anything
6. Whats your favorite thing about Mizahar so far?
the People are nice
7. What, if anything, has frustrated you about Mizahar so far?
Well I Confused on the lores I wouldn't mind some help, and a location for my Character
8. What would you like out of the mizahar experience?
9. Is there anything you'd like to see expanded?
10. Anything else you want to talk about?
Just want to say HI!! :)
Aninganssasses
Player

Words: 716
Joined roleplay: May 11th, 2013, 12:41 pm
Race: Dhani

Might need some help

Postby Spirit Frostfawn on May 11th, 2013, 2:22 pm

Hey! I talked to you on chat a bit, so decided I might as well say hello here too!!

So, I can help you a bit on the lores, but am slightly useless with Dhani stuff, so ask someone else about the location :)

Anyways, a 'lore' is a specific piece of information your character learns. They have to be SPECIFIC. The CS templates hold a bunch of good ones for starting, but you can choose a bunch of stuff.

For example, Spirit started with 'Lore of Avanthal Geography' and 'Lore of Vantha culture'! They both pertain to a certain area and such. You could also do something like 'edible plants'. It's also a good idea to have a lore related to a skill, especially for wilderness survival. For example, 'Lore of how to start a fire with sticks' and such.

I hope that was helpful! Also, there's a wiki page about [url=http://www.mizahar.com/lore/Lore]Lores here[/ur] :).

Spirit Frostfawn
Whistle with the Birds

Words: 302388
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2013, 11:53 pm
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Might need some help

Postby Oscar on May 11th, 2013, 3:06 pm

Considering that I am relatively new to this whole thing as well I figured I should try to help you out if I can. I decided to take the liberty of taking a look at your character sheet as well as a brief glance over the Dhani lore in the wiki. Hopefully I have some information you might find helpful.

Viper Dhani are more used to areas with dry and very warm climates, which is why most are located in the Eyktol region. According to the lore they tend to find less arid places cold and uncomfortable, but livable. Winter seems like the only time where it might give your character issues outside of Eyktol as the Dhani have been known to hibernate in cold weather. However I would assume that this could be dealt with by just staying in human form and dressing warmly.

Most Vipers appear to be located at their nest near Ahnatep, and they are very welcome by the Ephyrians. That could be a good starting place, but there is nothing preventing you from starting anywhere. Avanthal might be a place to avoid though, considering its year round freezing temperatures. I think Spirit provided a good description of the Lores, as they fit my understanding as well.

Ahnatep Lore Article

And even though you probably already looked over it, I like to cover all bases.

Dhani Lore Article

Don't think that you are limited to where you can start out, this would just seem like the best place for a starting Viper.

City List

Look around and see where you think your character would best fit in, there is something for everyone from the few things I have read.

Hope that helps!
Last edited by Oscar on May 11th, 2013, 5:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Oscar
Healer of Rak'keli

Words: 37998
Joined roleplay: May 5th, 2013, 8:45 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Might need some help

Postby Aninganssasses on May 11th, 2013, 3:10 pm

It does help Thank you guys!! Hopefully talk to you guys again maybe in chat. :)
Aninganssasses
Player

Words: 716
Joined roleplay: May 11th, 2013, 12:41 pm
Race: Dhani