[Spirit/Abstract's Scrapbook]Musings of a muser...

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

[Spirit/Abstract's Scrapbook]Musings of a muser...

Postby Spirit Frostfawn on April 24th, 2013, 12:35 am

Scrapbook... Of Musing

^^Don't ask why I have pic of the thinker statue here... just seemed appropriate...^^

Well... I'm starting a scrapbook! I'm not quite sure why I'm doing this... maybe I just feel like... um... talking. About my PCs... about myself. It's funny really, but... yea ^-^

Anyways, to business. Just a note, for some reason I'm a very internet-safety oriented person... don't ask why. I think too many lectures during elementary school or something. But anyways, I'm not going to give out too many personal details...

Name: Just call me Spirit or Abstract ^-^
Age: Highschool... (ok that's not an age, but I've given you a range of four years... happy?)
Favorite color: Uh... silver. If it has to be an actual color... green or purple.. or maybe blue (ak can't decide...)
Favorite Book (series): I'd have to say Sword Art Online. And the Seven Realms. Both are well written, interesting, and not too romance-oriented. (The thing I hate most about most books now... *sigh*)
Favorite Music: Anything. I particularly like anything well done, especially instrumentals. But just now, I seem to really like these guys called 'Of Monsters and Men'.
Other PCs: Spirit, Abstract (ok not a PC), Oryani, Lacerta (inactive)

Can I do my first muse now? I will anyways. So to what I've been thinking about recently...

Artificial Intelligence

Don't ask why I'm thinking about this... a friend brought it up on one of our many in depth conversations on the bus. Anyways, when I say AI, I don't mean computer AI. I mean literally artificially created consciousnesses. Now, from what I know off the top of my head, most of the functions of the brain is made from super complicated chemical reactions. And chemical reactions, no matter how complex, are something that can be reproduced. So is it possible to completely create a brain in a lab, that functions normally? Maybe, but it would be very hard. But the question is, would it have a consciousness? Or would it just... sit there? Now, my imaginative brain at this point went 'hmmmm'. To actually grow, it would need a body, right? So, you could get a dead one and stick it in? (Though making the body work properly would be a job in itself, and actually putting them together...) But that didn't occur to me at first. What really appeared in my brain was a awkward metal robot with artificially created nerves and like... a grate for a mouth and stuff. It was a strange image... not too scientific. But would the brain actually be able to grow and develop like a normal human being? Because you've got the basics down... but then it comes to this:
What is a consciousness?
I mean... chemical reactions and all, but really, it feels like something more. I don't know... just the ability to grow, and learn, and make your own decisions. Are they genetic? Are they learned? If two kids were plopped into different rooms, all white, and food just appeared every day, and there was no apparent way to get out, the same thing every day: What would happen? First, would they react differently? Would they be content with what they have? Would one sleep all day and the other try and find out more? So many un answerable questions... it's funny really.

Ok... I have gone completely off topic here, but this was interesting to me at least. Yea... I think I've written enough for now so... yup!
Last edited by Spirit Frostfawn on July 11th, 2014, 7:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Spirit Frostfawn
Whistle with the Birds

Words: 302388
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2013, 11:53 pm
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

[Spirit/Rabbit's Scrapbook]Musings of a muser...

Postby Spirit Frostfawn on April 27th, 2013, 1:09 am

I baked bread today! For the first time ever! So much fun... no, really, it was. And it's so delicious... Anyways, I find it funny that people constantly consider kneading as the hardest part. To me though, it was the best! It was really fun working the dough and everything... and it felt so cool afterwards :D
Though I think on of the best parts was that for at least an hour after, my fingers smelled like yeast... which in my opinion smells awesome. I think I'll make some more tomorrow... though a different kind!

Spirit Frostfawn
Whistle with the Birds

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Spirit Frostfawn on April 27th, 2013, 10:16 pm

I seemed to have picked up an addiction with making bread... Though we still haven't finished eating the first loaf (which was delicious by the way) I made more... Right now there are two MASSIVE loaves of bread sitting in the oven, cooking. We're not going to buy any more bread for a while...

One annoying thing though is that my dad is wheat-intolerant, so he can't eat any... and my brother just looked at the first loaf and said it looked and smelled disgusting. In my opinion it smelled really nice but... *sigh* So really it's only me and my mom eating it... :P
Hopefully my brother approves of the two new loaves though... they look a lot more normal! :)

Anyways... I spent most of today biking around, since the weather was just... perfect. I mean like sunny, warm... it felt like Summer. Sometimes I don't think there's really much of a Spring here... heck, it was snowing two weeks ago!! Anyways, it was beautiful... but of course I'm going to have a massive sunburn later XD.

...Just looking at the oven now, I swear I can see the bread growing. It's already bigger than when I first started writing about it. O.o
(I'm so amazed at this since the last bread didn't rise that much. But I don't think it was supposed to anyways....)

Spirit Frostfawn
Whistle with the Birds

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Spirit Frostfawn on April 28th, 2013, 6:28 pm

Maybe two years back, my school took us on this trip... and we went geocaching. A lot of people didn't like it, but me and another friend of mine... well, lets just say we found it awesome! Sadly though, we haven't had the chance or resources to go again...
Lucky her though, her geography class went just a few days ago (super jealous...) Anyways, now that it's back on my mind... I decided to visit the website. Turns out, there's a spot with something hidden at a park near my house!! So yea... I am going to go there... soon... :P
Wish me luck... I hope I don't fail miserably at it ^-^

Spirit Frostfawn
Whistle with the Birds

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Spirit Frostfawn on May 4th, 2013, 1:47 pm

Well... Update on the Geocaching... found that one in 10 seconds flat... It was easier than I expected. Sadly... the app for geocaching requires wi-fi to actually track where we're going, and the only person with a phone with data came on that day, and isn't joining us again.

SO We know where we're going, in general, but we don't know where we are. So instead of having maybe a 1m by 1m area to search, it's more like 10m by 10m. It makes this SO much harder >.>

We've found 3 since then, and failed at another three... Ok, one is apparently hidden in a river, and the other in the middle of a small forest with poison ivy... but still. Oh, and we don't think the 3rd one actually exists... but other than thaaaat, it's awesome!

There's still an end of bread in a tin that needs eating... thinking on that, I'll go grab myself a slice...

Spirit Frostfawn
Whistle with the Birds

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Spirit Frostfawn on May 8th, 2013, 12:50 am

My posting rate will be slightly down for a time... not that I'm doing much anyways, but it just means I'll be procrastinating even more on that Lore article I'm writing, and that solo for Rabbit that's still lying around... Well, this isn't really the important part, it's more the reason I find funny....

Well, I'm solving puzzles.

On a whim a few days ago, I unearthed my old DS, and randomly found an R4 to go with it. I have no clue where the R4 came from, except I know I didn't buy it... I think I borrowed it from a friend, but I forgot who...

Anyways, on that R4, I re-found Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box. In my opinion on of the best DS game series out there... So I started playing, and now I'm sorta hooked. I love puzzles :) Best part of the Professor Layton stuff. The plot is pretty good too, but... puzzles. I'm also soon to be borrowing the Last Spectre...last? lost? Can't remember. Sooooo I'll be playing that too.... ehe.

Yea...

Sort of as a side note... why is there hair on my keyboard? Was my cat sitting on it while I was out? O.o

Spirit Frostfawn
Whistle with the Birds

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Spirit Frostfawn on May 8th, 2013, 9:54 pm

Just one short thing....

Found it on the music room door... the music teacher had an awesome sense of humor...

translation :
If the photo has such terrible quality that you can't read it, it says this:

PROCLAMATION

Notice is hereby given that all citizens
MUST

Everywhere
Everyday
Constantly
Fiddle with their cellphones

AT NO TIME
Is it permissible to sit idle and observe the poetry of life or look into the eyes of another person
The arrival of a snippet of trivial text holds the promise of unimagined pleasure

Honor thy ringtone and jiggly handheld devices above all other gods

REMEMBER ALWAYS
Practice constant devotion to the precious object
Give full attention to the glorious technology
Maintain unselfish love for the flimsy hardware

Yea.... just something I want to show. He also calls them 'thumb exercisers', which I guess, in a way, is sorta true XD

Spirit Frostfawn
Whistle with the Birds

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Spirit Frostfawn on May 8th, 2013, 10:56 pm

Taking a leaf out of Jesslyn's book here, for personal organization...

Spirit

- No replies
- 1 Solo to start
- Arrange Gnosis thread with Baldy

Rabbit

- No replies
- 1 Solo to finish
- Get around to starting that thread with Ricky...
- Start threads with the more active people in Nyka?
- Join up with Burn and start up his 'Dream Team'

Kaili

- No replies
- No solos
- Nothing to write T~T
- Considering having Kaili... 'accidentally' die on the Sultros quest... as a guilt free way of retiring, since practically no activity (and to make way for Lacerta)

Lacerta

- Finish up CS
- Decide Catamaran or Sailboat, Harp or Flute

Spirit Frostfawn
Whistle with the Birds

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Spirit Frostfawn on May 19th, 2013, 12:47 am

I had a pretty awesome Friday and... uh... today :P

We went to the Stratford Festival! Not the one in England, this is sort of a wanna-be. And it hadn't OFFICIALLY started yet. All the shows were still previews. Not that they weren't awesome... Anyways, we saw a play, and a musical. Friday night we watched 'Tommy', which is a rock opera thingy by the Who. This afternoon, we watched the three musketeers, which was well done, but kinda cheesy. I loved both of them! I still can't decide which was best...I loved the music in Tommy, but it was kind of... strange. And slightly disturbing. But other than that, it was good!

Yea... we also went shopping around, and I bought some cool stuff at the theater store! I got a beautiful scarf covered with music notes... and a T-shirt with Shakespear insults. For example...

"Beetle-headed, flap-eared, KNAVE"
"All eyes and no sight"
"Light of Brain"

And many more...

The third thing was the coolest, but probably the most expensive. It was a wing... carved out of pure graphite. So you could write with it. It didn't smudge, or stain your hand or anything, but a down side is that is basically IMPOSSIBLE to erase :P ... and impossible to sharpen XD
Luckily, I can provide a picture for this, so... here!

That's all for now... I had an awesome time there, and the shows were loads of fun! We got sooo much done in slightly over 24 hours!

Spirit Frostfawn
Whistle with the Birds

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Phoenix on May 23rd, 2013, 5:04 am

That's really awesome!!! I WANT ONE!!! Did you buy that or..?
Phoenix
The Capacity for Inspiration

Words: 782528
Joined roleplay: November 22nd, 2010, 3:54 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 5
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (1)
Advocate (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Trash Medal (1)

Next