Oh dear, Diary.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Feel free to start IC Journaling in this forum. Each character is allowed threads here where they can store notes they learn IC, facts, or even talk about their feelings and inner thoughts. Journals don't need to be in written form, they be anything you as a player thinks suits the personality of the Characte.r

Oh dear, Diary.

Postby Edreina on May 19th, 2013, 1:12 am

OOCA place for Edreina's thoughts and any letters from friends. Perhaps a drawing or two as well.
Spring 23, 505

Oh dear, diary... Surai tore you in half today and everything is out of order. I found a nice little box to keep you in, though. I'll just keep your pages together and hope that I can find things when it matters...

Bu found a lady friend today, I've named her Selene. Dad said that they were doing the "horizontal mambo"... whatever that means... when I asked why he and the other dolphin were swimmin so close together. Momma got mad at him for that and Zindr just sat there giggling.

Note to self! Ask someone what a horizontal mambo is...
Edreina
Unbound

Words: 1079180
Joined roleplay: March 18th, 2013, 1:40 am
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Lore Author (1) Artist (1)
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Oh dear, Diary.

Postby Edreina on July 12th, 2013, 7:49 am

Winter 87, 512 AV

There comes a day in everyone's life where they must sit back and reflect, if even for a moment, upon the choices that they have thusfar in life. For some, there is a peace in knowing that all you have done is right, that the mistakes only made you who you are today. But, for others, there is this nagging feeling that you have done nothing with your life yet.

And that is the feeling plaguing me.

Ever since the Goldengrotto became mine, I've done naught but cruise the Suvan in search of adventure. So far I have found only murky caves and too many interesting chunks of coral to keep with me. No fellow of the sea befriends me on these long days alone; I often feel the clawing hunger for company gnawing at my heart. Each day seems longer than the last, and I feel myself slowly becoming lost at sea. I'm afraid that if I do not return to civilization soon, my own voice will be a stranger's.

And this is why I have finally set course for the Flotilla. Despite how the interlocking web of boats feels like a dead-end cave to me, I must return. If only to visit once more with my nearly-forgotten kith and kin, I must return. The land-legs I encountered in Syliras have no reckoning of the power of the Suvan's call and, though they all interested me for a time, their allure was quickly dashed away by the tide.

And now, even the waves themselves seem to have lost their splendor in my eyes. For what is beauty if there is no one around to share it with? No additional eyes to view each marvel from another angle and make it all the more wonderous? Each cloud is but a cloud without someone to remind me of how that cloud could also be an Orca or a harpoon.

All I see is blue, blue, blue and I fear that it is slowly driving me mad.

I miss the dark brown of foot prints as they cross from deck to deck; the vibrant colors of the Flotilla's market are but a distant and faded memory; my heart yearns for the red and yellow warmth of the bonfires that turned night into day as Svefra old and new gathered about to hear tellings; the aurora of a Fratavan tune has been swept away by the constant static of whistling wind.

Again I find myself rambling across the paper, using blasted Common in places where a Svefra could use a gesture or a simple facial expression. I must return to the Anchorage if only to be caressed once more by my native tongue.

Perhaps, this time I will even find an adventure.
Edreina
Unbound

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Oh dear, Diary.

Postby Edreina on July 24th, 2013, 6:19 am

The lines on this trio of pages is hastily but neatly written, as if being copied over from another source.
Summer 39, 513AV

It seems so strange to me.
Sitting here,
All alone,
And yet my heart feels free.

For the first time, I find myself
Tripping,
Stumbling,
Falling.
I cannot make sense of it.
None at all.

Why does it seem,
The more we talk,
The more I dream?

Head awhirl,
Mind ablaze,
Surely it cannot be.

And yet I lay here,
Aching,
Trembling,
Empty.
My mind abuzz and my body ablaze.
Gods, how you tempt me.

How can it be,
You are so far,
And yet so close?

Miles uncovered,
Words unsaid,
Truly, I have been drawn to thee.

Our visions of home,
Could be no more different.
A jungle.
A sea.
Stretched beneath the same firmament.

With each passing breath,
The end grows nearer.
Of you.
Of me.
Of everything clearer.

Muddled are these lines,
We swore never to breach.
A lover.
A friend.
Such things are so dear to each.

Whispered are these passions,
We both fear loss.
Our hearts.
Our honor.
For those shall be the cos'.

Worth it, all would be.
If I had you,
For you have me
Edreina
Unbound

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook