Flashback The Silverwoods...

Ugh, relatives are so annoying...time to ditch them and do something fun for a change.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Home of the Konti people, this ivory city is built of native konti stone half in and half out of the sea. Its borders touch the Silverwood, and stretch upwards towards Silver Lake, home of the infamous konti vision water. [Lore]

The Silverwoods...

Postby Kolvia on May 21st, 2013, 8:54 am

12th of Summer 506, 15th Bell

Kolvia was sitting in a comfortable cushy chair, gazing out the store window whisk fully. She could tell it was a warm sunny day and she envied those who were outside enjoying it. Meanwhile, she was stuck inside and trying on clothes no less. She was still fifteen and seemingly a know it all.
Kolvia and her family were in Mura simply to visit relatives, they left Riverfall in late spring, arriving in Mura maybe a week or two later. Visiting relatives was just a cover up story the girl suspected her mother had other things planned for this trip.

"Oh isn't this pretty Kolvia?" Her mother's soft voice carried to her ears.

She head snapped around, blue eyes wide startled. She blinked then rolled her eyes, uninterested. Her mother held up a splendid cotton white dress with ruffles on the short sleeves and skirts. "Yeah, it's beautiful." Kolvia said, bored. Turning her head back to the window.

Hands fell on her arm and firmly dragged her to her feet in an gentle but stern fashion. "Respect is a simple thing, child. Its quite easy to follow and abide by, as is compassion. We are kin, respect to one another is second nature."
Kolvia's grandmother scolded gently releasing the girl's arm once she stood her up. The woman nodded to the sales woman who patiently and respectfully waited off to the side, seeming not noticing Kolvia's scolding. "We'll take the dress please then be on our way." The older Konti told the tailor smiling.

Kolvia had learned few words in Kontinise so most of what her grandmother said just sounded like a weird mixture of juggled gibberish. The one word she caught from her grandmother's words, were 'respect'.
"What?" She asked dumbfounded and slightly annoyed for her lack of knowledge on. Her mother's native tongue. Then to make a some type of point and mainly looking for a reaction from her grandmother, Kolvia rebelliously sat back down, earning a disproving looks from her mother and grandmother both. But they said nothing and Kolvia's mother, went up to the counter and handed the lady a few mizas before turning around and handing the dress to Kolvia.
"Please wear it." Her mother pleaded.

Kolvia sighed and took the dress, heading into the dressing room. Once inside, she slid her shirt and long skirt off and putting the short sleeved white dress on. Turning around admiring herself, Kolvia frowned and smiled at the same time. The short sleeves showed off her arms, her scales. It didn't matter that she was on an island dominated with Konti, she had grown so accustomed to trying to act as much as an Akalak possible. That the short sleeves annoyed her to no end. She took off the dress and put her shirt back on and smiling evilly slid the dress up over it. Her scales were covered once more by fabric to her satisfaction.
She had made up a self invented stereotype of Konti being weak and docile in her mind so naturally, she didn't want to be seen as one. The pale blue scales on her forehead were a major giveaway for no matter how hard she tried, she couldn't get her hair to cover them up too. It didn't matter to her that she was also Konti, she saw herself as special, as-

Her thoughts wavered when she spotted a piece of neatly folded paper on the ground.
Picking it up, it read: You are a Konti destined for great things, never forget it.

She threw the note down and stepped on it, assuming they were some worthless encouraging words from her mother.
I didn't even want to come here in the first place. I bet dad and my brothers are having more fun. She thought crossly. I swear not a day goes by without her trying to 'help' me. Well, I don't want her 'help' and I never did.

Kneeling down, she gathered up her clothes not bothering to fold them. When she stepped out of the dressing room, a bag for her extra clothing was there for her. Dumping her clothes in the bag, Kolvia headed back to the front where her grandmother and mother waited. Oria was beaming at her daughter until what Kolvia did to the outfit finally crossed her mind then the wide smile dropped suddenly into one of despair. Kolvia's grandmother didn't seem in the least surprised and watched her sort of expectantly, for what exactly, Kolvia didn't have a clue.

"Thank you! Have a nice day!" The store woman called to them as they made their exit.

"She is such a stubborn child it seems." Kolvia's grandmother commented to Kalvia as both the older women walked behind Kolvia down the street.

"Very much so. She's...difficult." Kolvia's mother replied distraught.

"Has she always been-"

"Like this? Yes. I believe she is somewhat ashamed of being a Konti. Or of me."

"No, I doubt that. Don't put yourself down, she loves you as much as you do her. But people of Riverfall surely don't-"

"No, they don't treat her any differently from them. I think she doesn't like being a Konti because of me. She can't stand me, how I dress, act, all of it. She seems to do the opposite on purpose. I don't understand her. I can't she doesn't seem like she wants me to."

Both woman chattered on in their seemingly gibberish of a language with Kolvia understanding a few scrambled phrases at best .
They're talking about me I just know it. Kolvia thought bitterly, clenching and un-clenching the hand that wasn't burdened with the responsibility of holding the bag. Shuffling along in her pale blue beaded sandals that had been given to her the day before from her cousin. It felt like she was getting more and more Konti gifts each day, and wandering around the city daily, her mother being counciled on the role of a mother by Kolvia's grandmother, and Kolvia was growing sick of it. Her chaperones barely ever let her out of their sight, but today was the day she would escape them or die trying, in a manner of speaking.

Kolvia stopped suddenly and her mother and grandmother so deep in conversation that they passed her without noticing. Kolvia blinked, "That was easier than I thought." She walked the opposite way, grinning. She was free, finally.
Last edited by Kolvia on May 27th, 2013, 9:50 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Kolvia
Not your average healer...

Words: 21548
Joined roleplay: May 19th, 2013, 4:55 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

The Silverwoods...

Postby Ki'toka on May 25th, 2013, 8:11 pm

12th of Summer, 506 AV
The Silverwoods
Flashback - 13 years of age

Spring was done, summer had finally arrived with its clear sunny days and warmer weather. Ki'toka could hear a lot of the island visitors voicing their joys that the spring rains were done, but she'd miss them. She loved the rain. She'd miss how it felt when it fell against her hair and skin, the humid air it would leave behind and the vibrant colors it painted everything with. Nel'fi had told her once that she had Makutsi to thank for the rain, the lakes, the rivers and anything water related. Ki'toka had thought that Laviku was the only God of water, but the older Konti had corrected her, explaining that Makutsi was his daughter. She'd even told her that there were those out there with the Goddess's Gnosis that could make it rain. What joy that would be. There didn't seem to be any forecast for rain today though.

Weaving her way through the busy streets of Mura, a heavy backpack draped over her shoulder, Ki'toka stopped at a few shops, delivering shell styled jewelry that Nel'fi had made during her spare time for personal friends. Her guardian had been busy with Order duty lately and the jewelry had been finished for a few days now. When Ki'toka had mentioned she meant to head out to the Silverwoods today, Nel'fi had asked her to deliver the items on her way. It wasn't that difficult, Ki'toka knew all the people Nel'fi had made them for. They were all surprises though, for what, Ki'toka didn't know, so at each shop she was greeted with a smile that quickly turned into one of surprise as she delivered the gift. As per Nel'fi's instructions, she handed the jewelry to the person, said "From Nel'fi", then left before they could ask questions. It left Ki'toka feeling like she was some part of big mystery, handing out secret messages.

With the final gift delivered and her backpack back to its normal weight, the young thirteen year old Konti started for the woods. Normally she went to the woods to draw animals or plants, or just for some alone time. Wandering in this direction or that direction, whichever way her feet decided to take her. Today though, she had a specific place in mind. She'd been watching a family of foxes for some time now and earlier that spring they'd had a litter of pups. The baby foxes would be old enough to start venturing outside the den now and the warm afternoon sun would make them playful.

Thinking about only made her that much more excited and soon she was running through the streets. Konti and visitors alike had to jump to the side as she weaved through the crowded streets, her speed getting faster and faster the closer she got to the city's edge.

Running around a corner, Ki'toka's eager fueled run came to a sudden stop as she crashed face first into someone. She cried out in surprise as her hands shot out to try and grab onto the person to keep them from falling as she herself spun out of control and eventually toppled to the ground. Her head was spinning as her brain busily tried to processes the new pains she felt in her body from the crash. She had no idea if she'd actually knocked the other person over or if her split second attempts to keep them on their feet had worked.

"Ouuuuch....."
"Kontinese" ... "Common"
NPC dialog will be BOLD with the matching language color

Always interested in starting new threads, PM if interested.

Alternate Account: Favik A young unbonded Kelvic kitten playing in the streets of Syliras.
Ki'toka
Goddess, lead me down the right path...

Words: 42790
Joined roleplay: April 26th, 2013, 1:27 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets