[Verified by Siren] Ki'toka

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, all the character sheets are kept for player characters. Feel free to come on in, browse the forum, look at what sort of characters others have created, and then begin your very own!

Moderator: Liaisons

Ki'toka

Postby Ki'toka on April 26th, 2013, 5:14 am

Character Sheet Info Index

Rak'keli, help me down the right path so that I can follow your guidance correctly.

• Name: Ki'toka
  • Race: Konti
  • Birthday and Age: 23rd of Spring, 493 AV - 20 years of age
  • Height: 5'3"
  • Weight: 105 lbs
  • Hair: Blonde
  • Eyes: Green
  • Gnosis Mark: Winged Serpent on her left cheek
  • Languages: Kontinese & Common
  • Likes: Ki'toka enjoys spending time alone away from others, lost in her own world. She loves to draw things and people that she sees and writes down little descriptions next to the pictures to remind her why they inspired her. Swimming is her favorite though, getting lost under the waves and playing with the marine life.
  • Disklikes: Ki'toka has a strong dislike of confrontation, loud people or places and slavers. When there is an argument between others around her, she will leave rather than take a side. When negativity is turned on her, she falls into a little bit of depression until her mood is lifted by doing something she enjoys. She hates it when someone physically attacks her because memories of when she was younger and a slave return full force and she is left cowering and nearly helpless.

Ki'toka, now 20 years of age, takes after her mother at that age. She is short of height, standing only 5'3" with long, light blond hair that reaches down to her shoulders. Like her mother, her eyes are a bright green color. As per all Konti, scales cover parts of her body. The length of her forehead is entirely covered while a strip of scales travels down her back, starting at the base of her neck and going all the way to her tailbone. The scales also cover the backs of her hands, reaching about two inches past her wrists, and on the back of her calves. Thin pale scars from a whip mar her back from injuries inflicted upon her when she was a child.

Troubled by the horrors she experienced as a child, Ki'toka occasionally falls into depression and needs help pulling herself out. Despite this, she is a peaceful Konti, trying to find her way closer to her Calling. Being touched by Rak'keli, she is on a path to learn how to heal better in combination with her Gnosis. She has trouble making friends at first, not wanting to open herself up to let others in for fear they will hurt her, but once someone proves their worth, she values them like family.

* Approved in HD - 5/10/13

Wound-Watcher (Wound Origin): When Ki'toka sees an injury on someone for the first time, she gets a momentary vision of how it happened. In the vision, it will look like she was actually at the scene herself watching the incident happen. Being able to see where the injury happened, who inflicted it if it was an attack, and what caused the injury (sword, arrow, rock ect.). If others were there during the actual incident that saw it, she cannot see them. Only the injured person and the one that caused the injury. If a person has more than one wound that happened at different times (EX: Morning - bucked off horse and broke shoulder. Evening - attacked by raiding party and received multiple sword cuts) both visions will appear to her at once, though they will be blurry as they try to come through on top of each other. When this happens, she is left disoriented afterwords and needs to take a moment to stable herself.
Last edited by Ki'toka on May 14th, 2013, 5:10 pm, edited 20 times in total.
"Kontinese" ... "Common"
NPC dialog will be BOLD with the matching language color

Always interested in starting new threads, PM if interested.

Alternate Account: Favik A young unbonded Kelvic kitten playing in the streets of Syliras.
Ki'toka
Goddess, lead me down the right path...

Words: 42790
Joined roleplay: April 26th, 2013, 1:27 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Ki'toka

Postby Ki'toka on April 27th, 2013, 2:25 am

We can only learn something new after we find the courage to try something new.

Master
(76-100 Skill Points)

Skill Image Skill Name Skill Points Skill Notes

Expert
(51-75 Skill Points)

Competent
(26-50 Skill Points)

Novice
(1-25 Skill Points)

Image Bartering 1/100 +1
Image Drawing 21/100 20@SP +1
Image Medicine 10/100 10@RB
Image Observation 4/100 +1 +3
Image Socialization 1/100 +1
Image Swimming 20/100 20@SP
Image Writing 10/100 10@SP
Last edited by Ki'toka on June 21st, 2013, 6:58 pm, edited 8 times in total.
"Kontinese" ... "Common"

Alternate Account: Favik A young unbonded Kelvic kitten playing in the streets of Syliras.
Ki'toka

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Ki'toka

Postby Ki'toka on April 27th, 2013, 2:33 am

Even if you don't actively try, you are always learning something new each and every day.

• Horrors of being a Slave
  • Kindness of the Konti
  • Bartering with Silence
  • Syia: Svefra Trader
  • Fratava: Bartering Language
  • Learning a few words in Fratva
Last edited by Ki'toka on June 21st, 2013, 7:01 pm, edited 4 times in total.
"Kontinese" ... "Common"

Ki'toka

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Ki'toka

Postby Ki'toka on April 27th, 2013, 2:42 am

Through my faith, I am never truly alone.

Worships Rak'keli (Healing and Health), Avalis (Seer Goddess) and Laviku (God of the Sea)

Ki'toka was touched by Rak'keli at birth and granted her gnosis. With this she can close shallow wounds, cure headaches and common colds, ease strained or tense muscles, and take care of minor rashes, allergies and depression. She can also deal effectively with snake bites, insect bites, and skin irritation due to plants such as poison ivy, and heal minor bruising. Having a singular gnosis mark, she can also purify deeper wounds with her touch, improving sanitation and eliminating the threat of dangerous wounds going septic or developing infection.
Last edited by Ki'toka on May 14th, 2013, 2:33 pm, edited 6 times in total.
"Kontinese" ... "Common"

Ki'toka

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Ki'toka

Postby Ki'toka on April 27th, 2013, 2:53 am

The past shows me what kind of person I have been, the present shows me what kind of person I am now, and the future shows me possible outcomes of who I could possibly become.

Ki'toka was born the second daught to Kissa while she was enslaved as a breeding slave. Her older sister, Ki'via had already been taken away from Kissa so Ki'toka never got a chance to know her sibling. Ki'toka took after her mother right away, flowing blonde hair, shimmering forehead scales and bright green eyes. She was also touched at birth by Rak'keli just like her monther. It took the slavers a few months to realize the gnosis the young konti had as the cuts and bruises covering her mother slowly started to disappear despite her continued abuse. Once her value was know, they pried her from Kissa's arms, leaving her mother distraught at having lost yet another child. Later that year the slavers disposed of Kissa as the konti became deathly sick and unbreedable.

As Ki'toka grew, she lost her memories of her mother, all except the fact that she had one and that the slavers had killed her. They continually held that over her head, warning her not to fail them like she had. Ki'toka's living conditions as she grew were far from pleasant. A small iron cage was made that would just barely fit her. She could neither stand or lay down flat in the cramped space and a collar was always around her neck, locking her to the iron prison should she find a way past the bars. She was dressed in rags that barely covered her and hardly kept her warm. Scraps would be thrown to her once a day, if she got lucky she'd get a little extra but that rarely happened. The only time she was allowed out of her little iron prison was when they deemed her stench bad enough that they had to soak her down and clean her living space or when new slaves were brought in that were injured. Ki'toka was forced to heal those slaves so that they would be at a somewhat healthy state so potential buyers would actually purchase them. Being guided by Rak'keli, healing the other slaves didn't bother the young konti, but her gifts were small and she was still rather young that all the healing wore her down. She was always tired. Whenever she wasn't able to heal someone they instructed her to, Ki'toka was punished by the whip to her back.

Using her own healing gifts on herself was the only reason Ki'toka lasted as long as she did, but just like her mother and sister, the abusive lifestyle wore heavily on her and soon her mental state became too much even for her healing skills at that age could handle. She soon stopped eating, started crying over those that were hurt or sick instead of healing them as she just didn't have the energy to spare for them.

She was almost lost completely to the world when Nel'fi found her. A warrior medic konti part of a freedom fighters group. There was smoke and fire all around her along with screaming. Loud, drawn out screams of those who were burning. Ki'toka just sat huddled in her cage, crying throughout all this, putting up no resistance as Nel'fi broke open the cage, removed the collar around her neck and carried her out of the death filled camp.

Nel'fi was a konti who was also touched by Rak'keli, but Ki'toka was so far gone, so close to death that Nel'fi climbed onto her horse and left the rest of her group once the fighting was done. None tried to stop her as they knew how treasured children were to the konti. Nel'fi rode hard despite Ki'toka's weak state, using her own healing whenever she could just to help the child hold on a little longer. It took nearly eight turns of the moon before they finally came in sight of Mura, home of their people.

Little explination was needed from Nel'fi as to what had happened. It was known that Nel'fi hated slavers and had talked about joining a freedom fighters group all while she studyed at the Opal Temple. With the state Ki'toka was in, they knew where the young konti had come from. It took weeks of their combined healings to bring Ki'toka back to perfect health. She was still plagued by horrors at night as memories flooded her mind.

Nel'fi decided to take a break from her Calling and took it upon herself to raise Ki'toka until she was old enough to have a place of her own. It was through Nel'fi that Ki'toka first got to feel the joys of being in the ocean. As time passed, her swimming abilities grew and grew. She would spend most of her days on the beach, playing in the sand or drawing in an old book Nel'fi had given her. She drew the ocean and all its waves, she drew shells, treas and animals. She drew a picture of what she thought her mother looked like based on a discription from Nel'fi, who had a special konti gift that allowed her to see the faces of a person's immidiate family and the last few years of their lives. She also drew a picture of Rak'keli, Avalis and Laviku, the three gods that she'd come to worship. These drawings were completely her own as she took a guess at what they looked like. She also leared about medicines from Nel'fi as the older konti had to calm her down on bad night.

As the years past, Ki'toka grew into a healthy young konti woman, old enough to move out of Nel'fi's house and find a place for her own, though she was always welcome to stay at her house if need be. Seperating from the other konti was difficult, but Nel'fi was ready to return to her Calling though she promised to check in on her. Deciding that she was sure about joining the Opal Order, Ki'toka gave up on the idea of finding a place to call her own and followed her feet to the Temple steps, eager to see if they would welcome her as a student.

To summarize seasons as they come to pass.
Last edited by Ki'toka on May 14th, 2013, 8:39 pm, edited 9 times in total.
"Kontinese" ... "Common"

Ki'toka

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Ki'toka

Postby Ki'toka on April 27th, 2013, 3:02 am

I don't have much, but the things I do have are mine and I cherish them.

• Waterskin
  • 1 Backpack which contains:
    -- 1 set of Toiletries (comb, brush, razor, soap)
    -- Food for a week
    -- 1 eating knife
    -- Flint & Steel
  • 1 Backpack (Purchaed for 2 gm) which contains:
    -- 2 Drawing Books (Purchased for 6 gm)
    -- 2 Vials of Ink (Purchased for 2 gm)
    -- Charcoal (10 sticks) (Purchased for 5 cm)
    -- Ink Sticks (10 sticks) (Purchased for 3 gm)

Suvai - Acquired at Opel Temple during training.
These are three-pronged weapons carved from the shed spiral horns of a white ocean whale. Complete with spiral handles they are used almost exclusively by the Konti women. When they draw blood, the Suvai tend to weaken the person they cut or pierce, so its highly likely the horn the Suvai are carved from is inherently poisonous to those not Konti.

Visual Clothing Invenotory :
(Thread for purchase of 3 hair jewelry clips and 2 scarfs not yet complete.)

• Outerwear
    -- Reversible White/Black Cloak (SP)
  • Shoes
    -- Sandles - Plain White (SP)
    -- Riding Boots - Black (Purchased for 1 gm)
  • Hands
    -- Gloves - Black (Purchased for 5 sm)
  • Shirts
    -- 4 Blouses - 3 White and 1 Black (SP and Purched for 24 sm)
  • Pants
    -- 2 Linen Pants - Black and White (Purchased for 16 sm)
  • Skirts
    -- White Skirt (SP)
  • Dresses
    -- Linen Dress - White (Purchased for 8 sm)
  • Underthings
    -- Basic Underwear (SP)
  • Other
    -- Belt (Purchased for 2 sm)
Last edited by Ki'toka on May 26th, 2013, 1:41 am, edited 11 times in total.
"Kontinese" ... "Common"

Ki'toka

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Ki'toka

Postby Ki'toka on April 27th, 2013, 3:26 am

In this troubled world, there are only a few places where I feel safe, secure and free to be myself.

Where: Mura
When: Spring 513 - Present
Why: Ki'toka is currently in the process of seeking acceptance as a student.
Description: Located in the heart of Mura, the Opal Temple rises in gleaming white stone set in the middle of a bright green park. While the structure itself seems rather small, flanked on either side by twin white towers of three stories, most of the structure is buried beneath the ground as is common in Mura. As the Temple itself is set upon the coastline, the underground complex is partially flooded. Within the north tower is the beginnings of the Medical Library which stretches deep underground well into the sprawling complex that is the Opal Order's Headquarters. The South Tower is said to be the home of Rak'Keli, The Goddess of Healing, when she indeed is in residence.

Where: Mura
When: Winter 497 - Current
Why: After Nel'fi rescued Ki'toka from the slavers and took her back to Mura to be healed by the elders, Nel'fi took a break from her Calling to raise Ki'toka. Nel'fi has left Mura now to return to her Calling, but has welcomed Ki'toka to remain at her house if she needed a place to stay.
Description: Basic 20x20 single room beach bungalow with a hearth, bunk, chest, chair and small table.
Last edited by Ki'toka on May 17th, 2013, 10:22 pm, edited 10 times in total.
"Kontinese" ... "Common"

Ki'toka

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Ki'toka

Postby Ki'toka on April 27th, 2013, 3:44 am

All those people that made an impression on my heart and will always be with me no matter where I go.

NPC Type: Stationary
Used Only in Flashbacks in Slavers Camp

Name: Kissa
Relationship: Mother
Birthday & Age: 14th of Winter, 409 AV - 84 years of age
Skills: Medicine (40), Swimming (10),
Gnosis: Rak'keli - 1 Mark (Healing)
Additional Information: Ever since a young age, Kissa was drawn toward her Call of healing those sick and wounded. She was helping her mother gather herbs and make medicines as soon as she was old enough to. As she aged, she followed Rak'keli guiding hand and joined the Opal Order. She studied hard and progressed quickly and eventually left the temple to follow her Calling out in the world of Mizahar. She went where her feet lead her and offered her healing hands to one and all that she came upon that was injured. In her 75th year, Spring of 484 AV, Kissa was captured by slavers and eventually sold as a breeding slave. The life was hard on her and she only gave birth to two daughters, Ki'via in the Fall of 486, AV and then Ki'toka in the Spring of 493 before the abuse caused her to shut down. She became sickly and more of a burden than was profitable by the slavers and was eventually disposed of.

Used Only as Reference by Kissa in Flashbacks

Name: Ki'via
Relationship: Sister
Birthday & Age: 3rd of Fall, 486 AV - 5 years of age
Skills: Drawing (5), Painting (5), Begging (15)
Gnosis: Avalis - 1 Mark (Divinaation)
Additional Information: Ki'via was the first daughter bore by Kissa while she was enslaved. Kissa tried her best to keep the young konti, but the slavers took the child shortly after she reached her second year. Even though she was so young, she was touched by Avalis. Once the breeders realized the potential of the child, she was sold for her prophetic abilities. Because she was so young though, her vocabulary wasn't all that extensive and her new masters held that against her when she couldn't See for them properly. Like her mother, Ki'via couldn't live in the harsh enviroment and only made it to her 5th year before she passed away from sickness.

Used as Parental Figure during Flashbacks and Occasional Roommate during Present in Mura

Name: Nel'fi
Relationship: Friend
Birthday & Age: 87 of Summer, 459 AV - 54 years of age
Skills: Medicine (20), Riding (5), Land Navigation (5), Swimming (20),
Gnosis: Rak'keli - 1 Mark (Healing)
Additional Information: Nel'fi lost her parents to slavers when she was just starting her studies at the Opal Temple. As she grew older, her desire to save others from the horrors of slavery drove her to become a warrior medic for a mixed racial group of freedom fighters once her studies were completed at the temple. They traveled the land attacking slaving camps and freeing those enslaved. She often got into disagreements with the others in her party as she was drawn to not only healing and helping those that were enslaved, but also the slavers her band had just injured. It was during one of their raids that Nel'fi came upon Ki'toka, a young konti around the age of 4 at the time, worn thin, starving and on the brink of death. As soon as she laid her hands on the girl, Nel'fi was able to see her immediate family's history for the last few years of their lives thanks to her own personal Konti Gift. She herself was not strong enough to help the young konti out of the hole the slavers had pushed her into and left the group of fighters and traveled back to Mura with the child so she could be healed by their elders. She stayed in Mura to raise the young konti child until she was of age where she could take care of herself then returned to the outside work to resume her Calling, occasionally stopping back in Mura from time to time to check in on Ki'toka.

Ki'toka has no known enemies yet.
Last edited by Ki'toka on May 14th, 2013, 2:36 pm, edited 12 times in total.
"Kontinese" ... "Common"

Ki'toka

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Ki'toka

Postby Ki'toka on April 27th, 2013, 4:12 am

The joys of tracking money...

Total Coin: 67 Gold, 34 Silver, 95 Copper

Date Purchase Change Link Total Coin
Character Creation Starting Coin NA NA 100 GM
Character Creation Starting Supplies1 empty backpack = 2gm, 2 blank books = 6gm, 2 vials of ink = 2gm, 10 charcoal sticks = 5cm, 10 ink sticks = 3gm, riding boots = 1gm, black gloves = 5sm, 3 linen blouses = 24sm, 2 linen pants = 16sm, linen dress = 8sm, belt = 2sm -14gm, 55sm, 5cm NA 85gm, 44sm, 95cm
14th of Spring, 513 AV 2 scarves (1 blue, 1 white) and 3 hair jewelry (1 Svefra beads, 1 blue feather, 1 white feather) -10sm Link 85gm, 34sm, 95cm
74th of Spring, 513 AV Spring/Summer Class Registry for Medicine and Herbilism at Opal Temple -18gm Link 67gm, 34sm, 95cm
Last edited by Ki'toka on May 30th, 2013, 8:16 pm, edited 11 times in total.
"Kontinese" ... "Common"

Ki'toka

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Ki'toka

Postby Ki'toka on April 27th, 2013, 4:27 am

This is my story as it unfolds.

Flashbacks

3rd of Spring, 498 AV - First Friend? - Ki'toka, 5 years of age, gets to explore the outside for the first time since she's come to Mura, gets to explore the Silent Garden and makes a new friend?
Participants:
Xyliana
Awards: Abandoned

15th of Summer, 504 AV - Traveling Tales - Ki'toka, 11 years of age, stumbles upon a group that is about to have story time after having been swimming in the waterway hunting for shells.
Participants:
Rengar, Aunalee, Tyler Avery, Xyliana
Awards: Abandoned

12th of Summer, 506 AV - The Silverwoods - Ki'toka, 13 years of age, meets a Konti girl from the city.
Participants:
Kolvia
Awards: (Currently Ongoing)

40th of Spring, 508 AV - Flower Festivities - Ki'toka, 15 years of age, ventures out to enjoy the Flower Festival and meets up with one of the performers.
Participants:
Melenna

Spring of 513 AV

3rd - Every Stone Turned - While out gathering shells, Ki'toka meets a young man with his dog on the beach.
Participants:
Clyde Sullins
Awards:(Currently Ongoing)

9th - A Day at the Harbor - Ki'toka goes to play with the dolphins and meets a Syliran knight.
Participants:
Markus Andres

14th - Syia Chillwater - After having learned that the Svefra have set up trade in the Unity Circle, Ki'toka makes her way down there and meets Syia, a Svefra that sells pretty cloth and jewelry.
Participants: Solo

Awards: Link
Skills: Bartering +1, Drawing +1, Observation +3, Socialization +1.
Lores: Bartering with Silence, Syia: Svefra Trader, Fratava: Bartering Language, Learning a few words in Fratva
Inventory Change: +2 scarves (1 blue, 1 white) and +3 hair jewelry (1 Svefra beads, 1 blue feather, 1 white feather)
Ledger Change: -10 Silver Miza

20th - The Brigantine Exploration - Ki'toka joins up with the Konti, Svefra and other Volunteers to to search and explore the ship Wreckage off the coast.
Participants:
L'orlei, Aunalee

74th - Registering for New Classes - Ki'toka finally builds up the courage to step inside of the Opal Temple to inquire about applying for some classes despite the season nearly being over.

Awards: Link
Skills: Observation +1
Inventory Change: Class Scheduals, Map of Opal Temple
Ledger Change: -18 GM (For herbalism and medicinal classes)

74th - Exploring the Opal Temple - After applying for classes, Ki'toka finds herself a room then sets off to explore the beautiful wonders of the Opal Temple.

76th - Value of Herbs - Herbilism Class Thread #1. Ki'toka nervously waits for class to start then gets sent off to go study at the Library.

78th - Medicine, Medicine, Medicine - Medicine Class Thread #1

Awards: (Placeholder)

80th - Show Me What You Know - Herbilism Class Thread #2

Awards: (Placeholder)

Summer of 513 AV

No Threads Yet
Last edited by Ki'toka on May 11th, 2013, 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Kontinese" ... "Common"

Ki'toka

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets