Researching Past Events

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Researching Past Events

Postby Thryce on May 22nd, 2013, 1:23 am

Looking through the various location threads of Mizahar I've noticed that most have an OOC Calendar of Events, which are extremely helpful and informative. These seem to be related to more recent seasons, specifically since the creation of the site. I searched, but could not find such calendars for periods before 509 AV. Does such a thing exist for individual locations? Is there a main timeline for Mizahar as a whole detailing events that would have broad impact or be common knowledge to people alive at the time? I'd like to research the history of a few cities for the purpose of flashbacks. Any suggestions on how to do so would be appreciated.

Thank you.
Thryce
Player

Words: 684
Joined roleplay: May 2nd, 2013, 12:12 am
Race: Human

Researching Past Events

Postby Verilian on May 24th, 2013, 6:52 pm

Besides the overall history in the Lore and the histories of each city in general, I doubt you are going to find any specific timeline of events. The OOC Calendar thing is actually fairly new, we didn't always do that.
Forecast for tonight... Dark
-----
Wind Reach---Wind Reach Lore---WR Request Thread
Verilian
Retired Staff

Words: 1113582
Joined roleplay: December 23rd, 2010, 9:53 pm
Race: Staff account
Storyteller secrets
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Trailblazer (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Researching Past Events

Postby Thryce on May 24th, 2013, 8:55 pm

Thanks for responding Verilian. There's certainly plenty of information to inspire creativity in the Lores, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything obvious. :)

By the by, your FAQ thread was immensely helpful! Thank you for taking the time to create that and for being so thorough. It answered many other questions I had.
Thryce
Player

Words: 684
Joined roleplay: May 2nd, 2013, 12:12 am
Race: Human