Hello!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Drop on by, introduce yourself, and let us know how you found us. In addition, don't be afraid to tell us what you'd like to get out of your Mizahar experience. Check out the stickies for more information.

Hello!

Postby Bearvin on May 25th, 2013, 2:57 pm

Hello, everyone! I'm new here, so I decided to introduce myself. I am going to use the format.

I can be known as Player2, just because it has a 2.
I have roleplayed quite a few times, but mostly with friends or on games.
I wanted to try some forum roleplaying, and I found this as #1 for top 50 roleplay websites - Congratulations!
I love how different this is, and how odd these races are.
I don't like how hard it is to get around to all the pages. I usually have 4 or 5 topics open at once for all the links.
I really want to roleplay with people who take it more seriously than the average person I find.
I can't wait to start!

I have some questions, though.
How do you determine if an action is successful?
What are marks for?
Where do I post my CS?

Thanks for reading this. :)
Bearvin
Player

Words: 300
Joined roleplay: May 24th, 2013, 11:00 pm
Race: Human

Hello!

Postby Jupiter on May 25th, 2013, 9:19 pm

Hi Bearvin! And welcome to Mizahar!

You'll definitely be finding many serious roleplayers here, and everyone's super friendly, so I'm sure you'll have a great time!

As for your questions! I'm happy to help you out and answer to the best of my ability!

To determine if an action is successful, many times it depends on what kind of thread you're writing. On a solo or a thread with another player, you yourself, and sometimes the other player, would decide whether it would be successful or not. But on a moderated thread, many times it will be the mod that you're writing with that will decide whether your actions are successful or not.

I'm not sure what you mean by marks. Perhaps you could be a bit more specific?

To post your character sheet, you would go to this forum and create a new topic to post up your character sheet. Then you'll want to post a link to your character sheet in the Chracter Sheet Review thread and a Character Sheet Liaison will look it over for you!

If you have any other questions, I'd love to help you out! :)

Jupiter
Jupiter
Let me help you

Words: 44855
Joined roleplay: May 17th, 2013, 8:14 pm
Race: Staff account
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Hello!

Postby Bearvin on May 25th, 2013, 9:24 pm

I mean the Gnosis marks, what are they for?
Bearvin
Player

Words: 300
Joined roleplay: May 24th, 2013, 11:00 pm
Race: Human

Hello!

Postby Jupiter on May 25th, 2013, 9:33 pm

Oh! Well, a gnosis mark is a mark that your character can receive from a god or goddess. The best explination I can find is from the Mizahar Wiki page for Gnosis.

Gnosis is simply the domain power of The Gods and Goddesses channeled to their mortal faithful (or enemies) through the use of Gnosis Marks. While Gnosis is related to Djed, it differs in a significant way in that not everyone has access to it. Gnosis isn't a learned ability that someone has to work with repeatedly to use. Instead, Gnosis is a power that is granted (or forced upon) - along with the knowledge of how to use it - from a deity to mortal person.

Here is the link if you'd like to read up more on it.

If you were considering getting a gnosis for your character here is a list of all the different gnosis. It may also help you better understand what a gnosis is.

I hope this helped! :)

Jupiter
Jupiter
Let me help you

Words: 44855
Joined roleplay: May 17th, 2013, 8:14 pm
Race: Staff account
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)