Home from Home (Open); Summer 30, 510AV

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Not found on any map, Endrykas is a large migrating tent city wherein the horseclans of Cyphrus gather to trade and exchange information. [Lore]

Moderator: Gossamer

Postby Tiren on July 24th, 2010, 1:28 am

OOC: I'm so sorry this took so long. Been snowed under with RL stuff, but I should be back now.

- - -

Tiren was only vaguely aware of Kayiri's shout. His attention was taken completely by the too-familiar figure cutting a swathe through the crowds. A strong hand grabbed his upper arm and Tiren twisted on instinct, fighting to free himself. No good. His older brother was considerably stronger and had sheer anger on his side. Sirocco growled and barked, and got a kick from Hieral for his trouble. The dog backed off, growling at his master's attacker.

"What do you think you're playing at?" the Ankal of Stormrunner Pavilion growled. "Are you causing shit again?"

"Get off me," Tiren said, keeping his tone even. "This is none of your business."

"It's all of my business," Hieral snapped. "HEY!" He raised his voice, addressing Kayiri and Vadim without releasing his grip on Tiren. "You two! Disgraces that you are, what the blazes do you think you're doing?"

Tiren could only hope they'd stop fighting and pay attention. He wasn't entirely sure he wanted the little aggressive one on-side, but he could use a hand from Kayiri about now. He turned sharply and managed to break Hieral's hold. Mercifully, his brother chose dignity over control and chose not to grab for him again.

"Well?" Hieral called to the combatants. "Stop disgracing both of your Pavilions and answer to me, as Ankal of Stormrunner Pavilion. I demand an explanation for this incident, and my useless brother's part in it."

- - -

*nerves* Hope NPCing big bro' is okay. :/

Tiren
Player

Words: 11243
Joined roleplay: June 30th, 2010, 6:35 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet

Postby Vadim on July 27th, 2010, 7:10 pm

The pivotal arch of dominion clarified in each movement which transcended Kayiri's train of thought. His shout, a beautiful cacophony of false anger and painted savagery did moisten and peel at the storm of Vadim's vicious intent. A lewd charge, with all the trimmings of keen swordsmanship preceded the affluent swing to which mirror like defense sought to reflect towards the opponent tenfold. The presentation of Kayiri's brave heart and fiery soul did not stir the gravelly pit that remained untapped in the heaving chest of Vadim. Like serene water he flowed backwards in anticipation of the swing, rolling back on his heels, allowing the swiveling motion to rock his body a safe distance from the edge of the blade. Then, with a firm grip upon the shaft of his javelin he reacted with necessitated timing that was ushered upon to account for apparent skill on behalf of the swordsman.

With extreme prejudice he slammed the frontal half of his javelin down upon the flat end of the blade which aimed at his midsection. He estimated quite rapidly the leverage and power put behind and his slam, and given that it offered no resistant force but rather additional direction the swordsman would have likely found himself still swinging his blade, albeit in a downwards diagonal safely from his opponent's body and on towards the ground. Future tense dictated a smooth ride from there. Vadim's swinging body would round full circle and he'd find the particular center of gravity would rest on his toes. He'd capitalize from his parry, draw his shoulders back and then. . .

A turbulent cry which, in its discordant harmony forced itself into the agitated drum of Vadim's ear and caused him to studder, dropping the tip of his javelin low to the ground in neutral posture. No longer had he felt the searing eyes of judgment scorch his embittered soul. Now they rested upon a new centerpiece that stood broader than the rest and had the daggers of an expression to boot. Vadim cocked his head to the side to realize kin, features which matched both Tiren and the new man Hieral who had unjustifiably broken an honor bound duel for the stake of exercising his own esteem and self accorded power. This did not bode well for Vadim who felt the turbulence of battle still flowing through his veins. In agitation and fury he responded in snapping bravado.

"Twisted fiend! Unless you would like to be swallowed whole by our angered torrent you would flee the scene with the utmost haste, -now-!"
Vadim
Player

Words: 19938
Joined roleplay: May 31st, 2010, 6:03 pm
Character sheet

Postby Kayiri on August 1st, 2010, 4:14 am

Kayiri brought his sword back onto his right side, turning to face the man that ha screamed for him and his opponent to cease their honorable combat. Kayiri made an irritated 'pff' sound, wiping his sweaty hair from his brow.

"I do not disgrace the Starweaver Pavilion, I honor it by upholding it's name, pride, and dignity in the face of verbal insults and accusations towards it and it's members by challenging he who threw said insults to honorable combat, the loser of which has already been predetermined by both his blood and the Gods above!" Kayiri responded, his voice powerful and filled with conviction.

"Your brother, whom you insult without base, had and continues to have nothing to do with this 'disgrace', as you so insolently and blatantly put it," Kayiri then finished, anger and annoyance rising in his voice. He considered throwing an accusation at the man's claim to leadership of his Pavilion, but decided that another duel would not end well with him bleeding like this from his side. That was a task for a later date.
Kayiri
The Prideful Drykas

Words: 114225
Joined roleplay: December 21st, 2009, 2:35 am
Character sheet
Medals: 1
Trash Medal (1)

Postby Tundris on October 31st, 2010, 2:53 am

ImageKayiri
+2 Unarmed Combat
+2 Long Sword
+1 Acrobatics
+1 Rhetoric
Lores:
Ignoring Pain

Vadim
+2 Javelin
+1 Rhetoric
+1 Unarmed Combat
Lores:
Drawing Back A Spear With Great Care, Starting a Fight In the Middle of Endrykas

Tiren
+1 Animal Husbandry
+1 Rhetoric
Lores:
Analysing Male Aggression, Watching Friends In Pain

Notes: Ok so just so you all know, duels and fights in the middle of Endrykas are forbidden because it puts citizens in danger. There are places around the city where you can partake in duels. Of course you didnt know this at the time you did this thread because I hadn't posted that Endrykas rule yet. For that reason I will let it go for this post, but just be mindful of this in the future.
Vadim: I had some difficulty following along with your combat sequences because you overcomplicated your descriptions. Try to keep things simple with less complicated words and work on expressing the essence of what you're trying to say. Sometimes simple descriptions shine through more clearly.
Kayiri: Standard Gaze!
Tiren: if you're ever unsure about rping an npc, talk to the DS of the region :)
Tundris
Mother Drykas

Words: 59440
Joined roleplay: December 13th, 2009, 10:30 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

Previous