[Verified by Banshee] Jantys Vane

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, all the character sheets are kept for player characters. Feel free to come on in, browse the forum, look at what sort of characters others have created, and then begin your very own!

Moderator: Liaisons

Jantys Vane

Postby Jantys Vane on May 27th, 2013, 1:28 pm

Jantys Vane

Appearance

Race: Human
Birthday: Season of Winter, Day 65, 479 AV
Birthplace: Syliras, born and raised

Character Concept

Jantys is probably the oldest squire they have had in some time, and at the very least the most cynical. Although he comes from a line of knights, he only now is keeping up the tradition, and anyone passing by would assume his heart is not into it, judging from his cynical and bad-tempered nature. Yet he sticks with it, learning the basics of knighthood.

Jantys is, as previously stated, relatively mean-tempered and sarcastic. While he can be polite and respectful (albeit grudgingly) to those who he must be respectful to, he has no real, honest respect for anybody, including himself. Years of living a low life have given him a rough and uncouth cast that is hard to shake, but soft patches are abound if you know where to look. While prickly, his moral fiber and sense of justice and right and wrong are rather sound, although it was not always this way. He lacks somewhat in sympathy, largely because he hates getting it himself.

Character History

The Vane family was once a line of Syliran Knights, with their membership stretching back a few generations. Jantys was the newest in the line, the eldest and only son. His mother was a knight, his father a scribe. He grew up expecting to be a squire, but he never went through with it; the reasons are hardly known to him anymore, lost in the sands of time.

Part of it was the untimely death of his mother at eight, which informed him of the dangers of the lands past Syliras; very real, very deadly dangers. Fear was not the only thing that held him back, though it was formidable; his father begged him not to go into the profession that killed his wife, and Jantys acquiesced to his father's demands. Over time, he scratched out a small job in town as an apprentice scribe, but his restlessness caused him to get up to occasional trouble. He grew to dislike the knights, for they prevented him from taking things he wanted and bettering himself on the efforts of others.

By the time he was of age to be a square, no knight in hell would accept the lad, even if he wanted to be accepted; mean-spirited, uncouth, and rambling, he worked menial tasks around town and used the pay to get drunk. This sad manner of life followed him for twenty years, turning him into a drunkard fool with little sense. These years are still a haze for him, but he recalls his father died during this time.

One day, while in a drunken haze, some Syliran Knights accosted him. Angry but cautious, he asked what it was about, only to be told that his mother's body had finally been found. It was little more than a skeleton at this point, but they had salvaged all they could. Along with some rusted, useless armor and weaponry, they handed Jantys a small, rusted iron ring.

From then on, Jantys could not get his past or this ring out of his head. He could not throw it away, it was too dear to him, but while it was with him, the long-lost memories of his discarded fate continued to knock at his mind, turning his drinking sour and his disposition sourer. Finally, after a particularly bad binge in which he blacked out, he found he had lost the ring. Frantic to get it back, it took Jantys a week of searching all over town to find the missing relic.

Completely without money of any kind, Jantys tried to get back to work, only to find he had quit his job during the blackout, and was therefore completely without work. He would have to turn to panhandling.

Something in Jantys rose up. He would not be that low. Yes, he was a drunkard, and yes, he was a shadow of what could have been, whatever frothy poetic nonsense you want to couch it in, but he had POTENTIAL, and he knew it. He could still be something.

The ring now around his neck on a length of string, the man left the streets and entered the Squirehood, if not for his long-lost future or his mother, then for the clean bed and the three square meals.

Language

Fluent Language: Common

Skills

Skill SP (RP) Total
Brawling 0 (15) 19
Rhetoric 5 10
Weapon (Longsword) 8 13
Riding 7 7
Archery (Longbow) 5 5
Acrobatics 5 7
Subterfuge 15 15
Begging 5 5
Unarmed Combat 0 2
Bodybuilding 0 3
Socialization 0 4
Observation 0 9
Intimidation 0 3
Weapon (Shield) 0 1
Running 0 1

Lores

Rinn, Mischievous Ghost
A Simple Game
Streetfight
Tough Training
Best & Worst Drinking Estabilishments in Syliras
Syliras Streetplan
Completely Bankrupt
Jantys: Scummy Squire
Petching Kelvic
Tense Situation In The Stallion
Spar Between Novices
I... Won?
Still Completely Mizaless
Rinn: You Again...
Treated For A Drink By The Barmaid Herself
Foreign Girl In A Tavern
Kaie: Acquaintance
Rhetoric: Bitter Old Cynicism
Rhetoric: The Art of Insults
Observational Insight: Predicting A Feint
A Strange Encounter
A Talk with an Odd Ghost

Possessions

-Simple Shirt
-Simple Pants
-Simple Undergarments
-Simple Cloak or Coat
-Simple Boots
-Waterskin
-Backpack
-Comb (Wood)
-Brush (Wood)
-Soap
-Razor
-Balanced Rations (1 Week's worth)
-1 eating knife
-Flint & Steel
-Scabbard (longsword)
-Deck of Cards
-Punching Dagger
-Longsword

Heirloom: The 'heirloom' in question is a piece of string that Jantys wears around his neck, with a small, rusty iron ring attached to it. It is the ring of the Vane family, possessed by his mother, a former Knight. Jantys has sworn to never polish it until he upholds his family's tradition.

Housing

House: He is currently freeloading at the Square's Dormitories.

Ledger

Purchase Cost
Starting +34 GM
Dagger (Punching) -2 GM
Scabbard (Longsword) -7 GM
Longsword -15 GM
Playing Cards -10 GM
Summer 513 A.V Living Expenses (Squire) 0 GM
TOTAL 0 GM
Last edited by Jantys Vane on October 12th, 2013, 7:07 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Jantys Vane
Disgruntled Squire

Words: 34358
Joined roleplay: May 27th, 2013, 12:54 pm
Character sheet

Jantys Vane

Postby Jantys Vane on June 2nd, 2013, 10:30 pm

Questions

General Information :
1. What is your Name? Jantys Vale.
2. Do you go by a nickname or pet name? No, I don't. Anyone who actually gives a damn calls me Jantys. It's kind of hard to shorten without making it sound stupid.
3. How old are you? Thirty-three.
4. What is your height? Not high enough.
5. What is your weight? Way too petching much, that's for sure. Why are you askin' me these questions?[b] [/b]

Aesthetics :
1. Describe yourself as you see yourself. A ridiculous-looking, overweight man who looks like a drunk.
2. Describe yourself as others typically see you. I don't know, probably the same? Most people see me as rough, and sometimes kinda imposing, but how should I petching know?
3. What is your favorite body feature? What, on myself or others? Because the wenches down at the Rearing Stallion are the owners of my favorite body feature.
4. How physically fit are you? How to put these delicately? Not at petching all.
5. How do you typically dress and what is your style? I don't really have a style, unless moderately-filthy ne'er-do-well counts. Recently I've been cleaning up a bit, but mostly I just wear what I can get ahold of, including knight armor, of course.

Family :
1. Who are your parents and what are they like?
2. Do you have any brothers or sisters? Yeah, I got a sister, but she moved off somewhere. Don't remember where, really...
3. What is your extended family like? Most of 'em are in the knighthood, and also, most of 'em have basically forgotten about or disowned me. Suits me fine, the assholes.
4. Do you consider close friends as important or more/less important than family? I wouldn't know, I don't GOT any of those.
5. Do you treat animals like family? Animals? Naw, not really, why'd I do that? They're animals.

1. Where were you born? The big town, Syliras.
2. Where do you live now? Still here in Syliras, never left.
3. If you could live anywhere in Mizahar where would that be? Uhhh... shit,these ones make me think. I dunno, I guess I'd just stay here. It's all I've ever known. Everywhere else is dangerous, you know?
4. Do you have a favorite place to vacation or spend leisure time? Yeah, hahaha, the bottle.
5. Where do you fear to be? ...Ah, shit, I guess the gutter. Literally and figuratively. I don't ever want to be washed up and useless again, meaning nothing to nobody.
In less abstract terms, let's try 'somewhere with a lot of petching beasts and murderers'.

Traits :
1. Do you have any physical weaknesses (disease, scars, and missing limbs?) Can't say that I do.
2. Are you right handed or left handed? Right-handed.
3. What languages do you speak? What do you sound like? Do you have an accent? I can only speak Common, an' I guess I tend to slur my words together, but mostly that's 'cos I don't care. I can talk okay if I want to, just, usually I don't.
4. Do you have any odd mannerisms, annoying habits, or other defining characteristics? How the petch should I know? I guess I'm a bit of a grumbler, tend to swear a lot, but that ain't too big a deal.
5. Do you have (or want to get) any tattoos or piercing? Why do you have them (or will get them) ? Uh, no, can't say I do. Or want to. I don't really care too much about my appearance.

Occupations :
1. What is your occupation? I'm a Syliran Squire. Yep, a drunken fool like me.
2. Do you like/dislike your work? Why? It's hard work... but, eh... I can trust you, eh? Who gives a pile of shykka, anyways, hahahah. Truth be told, I don't think I'm cut out for this business. But it makes me feel just a bit less useless, every day. An' that's a powerful thing.
3. If you could be anything you wanted to, what would you be? Rich. Rich rich rich rich rich. To have enough money to do anything. I'll ne'er get there, of course, but you asked.
4. What occupation do you admire the most? Why? I guess I've always... ah, none of 'em? I guess, knights? But I'm one o' em, so. I always admired the knights 'cos I was grown up to be one. They're, well, they're heroes, you know? They protect.
5. What occupation do you lest like? Why? The occupation of doodly shykka, a'course. I've been unemployed before, it ain't no picnic.

Childhood :
1. What sort of child were you? The dutiful son of a knight. I was willin' and able to be one, too, the newest in the family line. After that... Well, it gets a little hazy, what with the drinkin', but let's just say I was a rowdy brat.
2. What is your favorite memory from childhood? I guess the memories of my good ol' mommy, if you can believe it. Once, she gave me a crash course on how to swing a sword. I worked so hard that day to please her. Basically the last time I swung a blade before I joined the Knighthood.
3. What is your worst memory from childhood? There was a stretch 'a time, about two weeks, where we were waiting for mom to come back from her mission. That slow, steady descent into depression, feelin' yer nerves crackle down an' finally snap... It was the beginnin' of the end for us folks. Then the knights told us she wouldn't be comin' back, an'... there ya are. Bleedin' me dry with these questions, airn'tcha?
4. What sort of relationship did you have with your parents?
5. Who was your most influential rolemodel?

Education :
1. What sort of education do you have?
2. Do you like/dislike learning?
3. Where or how did you learn most of your skills/abilities?
4. How do you learn best?
5. What are your educational goals for the future?

Relationships :
1. Do you form close bonds with people? Why? Why not?
2. Do you trust people easily? If not, why not?
3. Do you consider yourself straight, gay, bi, or something else?
4. Have you ever been kissed? If so, describe the first time.
5. Have you ever had sex? If so, describe the first time.

Drugs and Alcohol :
1. Have you ever been drunk? If so, describe your first time.
2. Do you like to drink on a regular basis?
3. What sort of alcohol do you prefer?
4. Have you ever tried drugs (mood altering substances)? If so, which kinds and what did you think of them?
5. What do you think of drugs and alcohol? Be specific.

Likes and Dislikes :
1. What are your hobbies?
2. Do you like to read?
3. What annoys you more than anything else?
4. What do you find the most relaxing activity to do?
5. What kinds of things embarrass you? Why?

Favorites :
1. What is your favorite color or colors?
2. What is your favorite time of day?
3. What is the most beautiful thing you’ve ever seen?
4. What do you like to eat? What do you hate to eat?
5. What is your favorite type of weather? Does any kind scare you?

Outlook :
1. Are you optimistic or pessimistic?
2. What are your religious views?
3. Would you be able to kill?
4. What are your views on sex?
5. What, in your opinion, makes a successful life?

Actions :
1. What is the worst and best thing you’ve ever done?
2. What is your greatest regret?
3. What is your best/worst memory?
4. If you could change one thing about your past, what would it be and why?
5. What are you the most proud of doing in your life?

Emotions :
1. How honest are you about your thoughts and feelings with others?
2. Do you have any biases or prejudices?
3. What makes you happy?
4. Who or what, if anything, would you die for?
5. What makes you angry?

Relationships :
1. In general, how do you treat others?
2. Who is the most important person in your life, and why?
3. Who is the person you respect the most, and why?
4. Do you have a spouse or significant other? If not, describe an ideal lover.
5. Do you trust anyone to protect you? Who, and why

Group Situations :
1. Do you tend to argue with people, or avoid conflict?
2. Do you tend to take on leadership roles in social situations?
3. Do you like interacting with large groups of people? Why or why not?
4. Do you care what others think of you?
5. What do you think of others, in general?

Self Image :
1. What is your greatest strength as a person?
2. What is your greatest weakness?
3. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
4. Are you generally introverted or extroverted?
5. Are you generally organized or messy?

Beliefs :
1. What God or Goddess do you find most appealing, if any?
2. Which God or Goddess do you fear, if any?
3. Do you have any Gnosis Marks? If so, how did you receive them?
4. What lengths would you go to to please your deity?
5. Where do you draw the line at pleasing your deity? What is too much?

Life & Death :
1. What do you absolutely live for?
2. What is the best part of life?
3. What is the best part of death?
4. If you could choose, how would you want to die?
5. What is the one thing for which you would most like to be remembered after your death?
Jantys Vane
Disgruntled Squire

Words: 34358
Joined roleplay: May 27th, 2013, 12:54 pm
Character sheet

Jantys Vane

Postby Jantys Vane on September 12th, 2013, 3:15 pm

Thread List: (currently being organized)
http://www.mizahar.com/forums/topic38579-30.html
Your First Ale?! ~ Day 71, Summer of 513AV
http://www.mizahar.com/forums/topic38902.html
Man or Mouse? ~ 8th + 15th Days of Summer, 513 AV
http://www.mizahar.com/forums/topic35076.html
Bloodshot Eyes ~ 68th Day of Spring, 513 AV
http://www.mizahar.com/forums/topic39033.html
The Long-Awaited Fight ~ Unclear, Spring, 513 AV
http://www.mizahar.com/forums/topic38774.html
Consented Murder? ~ 75th Day of Summer, 513 AV
Jantys Vane
Disgruntled Squire