PM to join Consented Murder?!(Jantys)

Everybody dies, not everyone lives.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Consented Murder?!(Jantys)

Postby Shiyami on August 15th, 2013, 4:23 am

75th of Summer, 3rd Bell

In the Rearing Stallion, there was little to no costumers left. The obly ones still awake at this god forsaken hour, was one sleepy barmaid, and a group of three cloaked men huddled at a table in a corner. Who these men were, and what they were talking about, no one knew. Mostly no one cared too much to figure it out. However, there were actually five people awake at this hour. Shiyami floated in a dark corner, with half his body in the wall. However, he didn't not look like his usual self. He was basically in the state and appearance that he appears in, when he looses his sanity, via switching perspectives. However, this time he kept a shred of rationality, to act, think, and speak normally. However, that shred isn't enough to retain control of his soulmist. What did this ghost want? Easy, he wanted to cause trouble, to fight the boredom that is constantly assailing him.

As the cloaked trio got up, and walked towards the door, Shiyami fazed himself through the walls, and now observes the door from the outside, floating five feet in the air. In the current lack of lighting, if one was to look up at Shiyami, all they would see, are two glowing red eyes floating there. The trio of men exited the Rearing Stallion, and talked for a few chimes, before parting ways, two men going north, and one man heading south. The one heading south moved his hand to pull his hood lower over his eyes, and at that moment, Shiyami demonically smiled. The man, while pulling the hood, had revealed his hand, which had an X-shaped scar at the back. "I...found...you!", speaking very softly to himself, in broken sentences. Alright, so maybe he didn't have full control over his speech. As the man continues to walk further, Shiyami looked around from his vantage point, and looked for any nearby knights. Finishing his search quickly, he floated downwards towards the man. Floating a foot behind the man, suprisingly, the man stopped walking, and spoke! "Are you here to create chaos within order? Or are you here because someone else sent you? Or perhaps...it is equal parting of fellow murderers? Which one is it...Scarlet Eye?", were the words spoken by the man. The man turned around, and saw Shiyami. The one who recoiled in surprise, was Shiyami. "How...know...my...origins...?", speaking brokenly in a whisper, that was all Shiyami could ask. The man chuckled softly, before taking off his hood, revealing himself to be someone in their sixties. "I seek. I learn. I know.", was his calm response. Shiyami, even as he was mostly insane, could not understand how this man was not terrified. Seeing the confusion on Shiyami's face, the man sighed. "I do not run, for I have no reason to run. I have already accomplished my dreams, and can die with a smile on my face.", the man answered, yet again, in a calm voice, before continuing, "You wanted to scare me, to cause trouble, correct?". However, Shiyami was silent, unable to respond. He had no idea how to respond to this man. Taking Shiyami's silence as confirmation, the man continued. "You are here to bring chaos. So, can this old man trouble you?", asked the man. Getting another confused expression as a response, the man elaborated on his words. "I am close to reaching the end of my time, and I feel no need to stay, unlike you. So...", the man paused, to unsheathed a dagger from his side. Holding it by the blade, he held it towards Shiyami. "...So, would you kindly allow me to fall asleep? Painlessly is preferred.". Surprised, but still holding the dagger, Shoyami was at a loss of words and actions.

OOCRemember, Shiyami is in his insane appearance at the moment. Meaning he looks a black shadow with two red eyes. See my CS, and look for 'Insane Appearance', for the actual picture.
Last edited by Shiyami on August 26th, 2013, 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
See if I have given you a nickname here!
Click me please~!
Shiyami
Death's Shadow

Words: 125205
Joined roleplay: July 14th, 2013, 3:29 am
Race: Ghost
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Jantys Vane on August 15th, 2013, 9:04 am

Due to some strange personal choices, Jantys had recently been deprived of everything that brought him joy in life; drink, decent food, and not having to work hard or do anything in life. He could not get the first two, as he was absolutely broke as could be, and he couldn't get the last one due to his new employment. The only luxury available to him was a good night's sleep; he had slept like the dead for much of his squirehood.

But not tonight, which was what Jantys grumbled to himself about this particular evening. He had been assigned on night patrol, all by himself for once, and he wasn't enjoying it one damn bit. He waves his torch in front of him half-heartidly, his eyes searching the shadows for movement. He seriously doubted he would find anything, but nonetheless, he kept uncharacteristically sharp. He didn't like being out at night, anywhere.

He cocked his head to the side. Did he just hear something?... There, again. Someone was talking. He considers simply leaving it alone, but something in him decided to follow up and be the vigilant knight. He was never sure if it was knightly valor or just boredom, but he was in for a hell of a night because of that impulse. With his customary slow, awkward tread, he heads towards the sound.
Jantys Vane
Disgruntled Squire

Words: 34358
Joined roleplay: May 27th, 2013, 12:54 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Shiyami on August 15th, 2013, 10:00 pm

OOCMy apologies, but the man isnt going to die..I got cold feet after I figured out just how severe the IC repercussions would be for killing an innocent...however, I heard ghosts are not very popular, so I guess you could 'report' to whoever Jantys higher ups are, about a ghost sighting!

Shiyami faced a turmoil within himself at this moment. He was barely sane currently, but that sliver of rationality said not to kill. Finally deciding to just switch back to his normal appearance, the one most people recognize him bye. With a clatter, the dagger fell to the ground, as Shiyami had let go off it. "My apologies, but I can not assist you.", Shiyami muttered, while looking at the ground. The man, looked at Shiyami, before smiling gently. "So there is still hope for the likes of you.", he said, to which Shiyami raised an eyebrow. The man continued, "Like you, many ghosts have lost their sanity. The few that haven't, still have that insanity locked away inside themselves.". Shiyami, of course, raised both eyebrows. "You...risked you life, for such an endeavor?!", he asked, shocked out of his mind. "Of course! As a philosopher, one must experiment with every possible factor, to get the most optimal experiences!", was the incredulous answer given by the man. Putting on hand to his head, Shiyami sighed. "At least tell me who you are, as you seem to know who I am.", he casually asked, to which he got an equally casual answer, "Rikou Senpin.". Sighing yet again, Shiyami thought to himself, Wait, this man is a philosopher? Usually they have so much knowledge and experiences that normally one would not bother to find out about!, rather enthusiastically as well. Looking at Rikou, Shiyami proposed a deal. "I suppose you don't frequent sane ghosts often now, don't you? If you would like, I can offer my experiences, in exchange for your experiences. Between fellow philosophic people! What do you say?". The man gave a chuckle, before saying, "Traveler's Row, 117. Don't worry, you can bring anyone or anything you want.". The two philosophical people continued to talk...whatever philosophical people talk about, oblivious to a squire that was nearing.
Shiyami
Click me please~!
Shiyami
Death's Shadow

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Jantys Vane on August 17th, 2013, 6:17 am

It was around that time that Jantys wandered on to the scene. He had seen nothing of the almost-murder, nor of the ghost's murderous appearance; what seemed to be happening was just a quiet conversation by twilight between a spirit and a man. Jantys looked the ghost up and down piercingly; he personally knew what a nuisance ghosts could be. He didn't know this one, though. He adresses them both, clearing his throat first and pausing a bit to gather his thoughts.

"I'm thinkin', not t' be pushy or anythin'..." He offers the torch to the man, in case he wanted it. He had a couple others, as a nightwatchman. "We'd better start headin' for home this late, mmm?" He gives the ghost another glance, wondering the relationship between the two.
Jantys Vane
Disgruntled Squire

Character sheet

Postby Shiyami on August 18th, 2013, 7:24 pm

Both Shiyami and the philosopher Rikou Senpin were still speaking, when they were interrupted by the squire. Rikou bowed, and spoke first. "You are correct. Perhaps this is the time we should part. Thank you for keeping this city spotless of bloood shed from nonexistent crime.", were his words directed at Jantys. He turned to face Shiyami again, and said, "You do well to take care of yourself, Scarlet Eye. Do not let the shadow rise above the light, but neither should the light banish the darkness. Both are suppose to coexist with each other, feeling the absence that occurs.", in a gentle tone. Nodding in confirmation as a response, Shiyami watched as the philosopher walked off into the night. Turning his attention to the squire, the ghost was unsure of how he would respond. Syliras is not the msot friendliest of places for a ghost to stay around for extended periods of time. "Is something wrong?", Shiyami asked the squire.
Shiyami
Click me please~!
Shiyami
Death's Shadow

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Jantys Vane on August 21st, 2013, 7:43 am

Jantys scratches his chin at the guy, slightly perplexed. Was that an insult? He couldn't really tell what the man meant by 'nonexistent crime'. If it was an insult, it was a minor one, and it wasn't his job to get in fights after midnight with verbose men. He shrugs and mutters something that could easily be interpreted as an apology in the man's direction. He attempts to listen curiously to what he says to the ghost, but his eyes mist over in boredom about halfway through. Obviously philosophy was not Jantys' strong suit.

He watches the man walk off, glad there was no real incident. Maybe his job was boring sometimes, but it was far preferable to the kind of excitement it could attract. He turns to the ghost with a small frown. He had met one other ghost for any length of time, and he hadn't come away with a good opinion of the spirits as a whole. He shrugs when asked, squinting at him and pushing the torch forward slightly. "Ah dunno. You tell me." He jerks his head at the man's retreating back. "Where d' yea know that man from?"
Jantys Vane
Disgruntled Squire

Character sheet

Postby Shiyami on August 28th, 2013, 1:19 am

Shiyami raised an eyebrow at the squire's response to his question. I swear, if i didn't know that there are many among the living who had such an attitude, I might have thought that this man was drunk with sleep deprivation. Wait, perhaps he is..., he thought to himself with a small smile. Examining the man for weapons, and his posture, Shiyami just yawned. He didn't feel much of a threat from the squire. Hearing the squire ask him about the man, Shiyami laughed. "That man? I only met him today...I think. Why, are you so curious about such things?", he asked carefully.
Shiyami
Click me please~!
Shiyami
Death's Shadow

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Jantys Vane on August 28th, 2013, 3:54 am

Jantys grunts. He was armed as a squire would normally be while on patrol; his knight's armor on and a sword at his side. He gives the ghost another once-over, but he had already decided to dismiss the issue. If neither of them had a problem, why should Jantys have a problem with neither of them having a problem? Way too late in the night, and all is well. He shrugs a little, scratching his jaw.

"Why shudn't I be? I'm th' guard on duty t'night, an' I fin' a couple weirdos out 'n th' middle a' th' night..." He shrugs, his armor making a slight sound, of metal sliding on metal. "Bu' if there's no problem th'n my duty is done." He gives the ghost a nod. "Fare-well, cit'zen." With that, he takes off, returning to his rounds.
Jantys Vane
Disgruntled Squire

Character sheet

Postby Shiyami on September 1st, 2013, 4:34 am

OOCThis is probably my last post. You can hand this thread in for grading, if/when you make your last reply to this thread. Thanks for roleplaying with me, and perhaps we should do so again sometime!

Shiyami just listened to what the man said, before shrugging. He agreed with why the squire had said though. A ghost and an old man talking in some god forsaken hour. That would probably generate suspicion of some sort., he nonchalantly thought to himself. Turning around, and floating down the road towards the gate that connected Syliras to the outside world, Shiyami, for reasons untold, grinned. Slowly, laughter could be heard echoing throughout the area. Rikou Senpin...Senpin...Senpin...Sen Rikoupin?! I see, so that explains it. I can not believe that I did not see it sooner! You have made my day, Wise One., he thought to himself, all the while laughing. "Thanks for the riddle.", he muttered softly, before blending into the shadows that he came from.
Shiyami
Click me please~!
Shiyami
Death's Shadow

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Accolade on October 12th, 2013, 3:57 pm

Jantys Vane

Experience
Skill XP Earned
Observation + 1 XP

Lores
Lore Earned
A strange encounter
A talk with a strange ghost

Shiyami

Lores
Lore Earned
Philosopher Rikou Senpin is Sen Rikoupin?
Philosophy sharing with a stranger

Notes :
Quick and easy there guys.Though Shiyami the dark fog look might be seen as hostel from others and cause trouble for you. Just a note.

The Sylir has spoken
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your grade, please send me a PM and we can figure it out. :)

Accolade
The Journey begins here...

Words: 307037
Joined roleplay: August 24th, 2012, 12:45 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Trash Medal (1)