Blazing Your Own Trail [Alodian Aviastas]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The westernmost tip of Kalea, Wind Reach is home to an amazing group of people and their giant eagle mounts. [Lore]

Postby Kadin on July 8th, 2010, 1:12 am

Alodian was incredibly amiable, so comfortable with sharing what was obviously a painful experience with her. It was so admirable that was traveling so far and wide to learn to be a healer. She wondered why he couldn't just become a healer within the confined of Avanthal. Maybe society there wasn't very accepting of it. As Kadin smiled a little and looked back up at him, he put his hand up and onto her shoulder, a move quite unexpected. Her heart started racing in nervousness but it was the speed at which he removed his hand that left her mostly abashed. She was surprisingly fine with him doing that, so was something wrong with her?

The fact that he was acting so nervously about such a small action kind of reminded Kadin that he was not from here, and suddenly she remembered that he would probably leave, and soon at that. Travelers did not spend time at Wind Reach, usually only coming for a couple days when the weather was good to sell their wares and trade with the artisans here. "When do you go other place?" She asked without thinking, hoping that he would miraculously be able to stay here longer than the average.
Kadin
Player

Words: 18194
Joined roleplay: July 4th, 2010, 4:51 am
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet

Postby Alodian Aviastas on July 8th, 2010, 1:30 am

Amazed that she didn't attack him, his mood went back to being happy, his eyes sparkling Emeralds. This native was being so kind to him, and he totally didn't expect that of this race. It was nice that an outsider like him could sort of be accepted. Smiling at Kadin, Alodian cocked his head to the side, looking up at her. "Well, I don't plan on leaving anytime soon. I don't know how long I stay, but I don't want to travel much. So hopefully I will stay a good time," Alodian said as the sun caught his sleek, black hair with emerald highlights.

"I don't know natives, are all of you kind?" he asked, a smirk playing at his lips. He lay down on his side, as he propped himself up on his elbows.He looked up at her with a grin.
Alodian Aviastas
The Wandering Healer

Words: 38674
Joined roleplay: July 5th, 2010, 2:24 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Peer Reviewer (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Kadin on July 8th, 2010, 1:54 am

It was rejoicing news to hear that Alodian was going to stay here. Already, Kadin was thinking up ways to keep him interested around here. Unfortunately, there wasn't much. the sun reflected his face beautifully, it was amazing to see such abnormally colored hair reflecting in the sunlight. Then again, maybe it was just as weird for him to be seeing people with red hair and unchanging eyes. As he lay down on the warm grass, Kadin sat down in turn and crossed her legs, her curious gazed aimed at him all the while.

Kadin let out a rather loud laugh when he questioned her about the kindness of her people, memories like the knife-fights between the boys and the harshness towards the lower class. Even foreigners like Alodian were often not accepted and treated cruelly. She put her hand in front of her mouth shyly and thought up her words in common, still grinning quite widely. "They say be careful of strange things, but I trust you. You must be more..." Kadin stopped for a moment, trying to think of the word in common for 'cautious'. ".. be less nice with others. Some do not like, um, niceness. From foreigners, that is," she added, not wanting her race to be seen negatively.
Kadin
Player

Character sheet

Postby Alodian Aviastas on July 8th, 2010, 2:03 am

Alodian chuckled as Kadin tried to describe her people and yet warn him about them. "Honest and beautiful," Alodian said in Vani, the words pouring out like silk. Grateful he had spoken in his native tongue and not in Common, he flushed again, turning away so that he could try to hide his Topaz eyes and crimson flush that arose on his cheeks. When he was sure that his eyes were back to Emeralds, he turned back to Kadin, where he noticed that she really was beautiful.

"Do all natives have fiery red hair and bea, er skin with such a glow as yours?" he asked, obviously curious and amused at the same time. He grinned, as he studied her face, his eyes sparkling in the sunlight.
Alodian Aviastas
The Wandering Healer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Kadin on July 8th, 2010, 2:24 am

For a second Kadin was convinced that Alodian had begun singing, but in a language completely unfamiliar to her. He must've been speaking his original language. At first curious about it, her mood suddenly dropped when she compared the sound of her language. She loved the Nari language, but compared to this one it seemed so raw and chopped up. Why was he turning away? Had he said something that would have otherwise offended her if she had understood him?

her speculation was interrupted when Alodian spoke to her again, thankfully in common this time. The question made her pale cheeks flush and she responded shyly, "Yes, it's very normal here. I have nothing special," while she said this, she thought of all the other girls at Wind Reach who looked just the same, how nothing made her distinct so that Alodian could see her differently. "You stand out a lot, with your hair and eyes. Are your people like that, too?" She asked, trying to divert the attention away from herself.
Kadin
Player

Character sheet

Postby Alodian Aviastas on July 8th, 2010, 2:32 am

Alodian chuckled, motioning with his hands. "Yes, my people are always like me. Although we vary from our colors, we are all like me," he said, his eyes smiling. "No, I don't think I've ever seen such deep pools of hazel like yours that wasn't on my race. I do not think could be replicated," he said, as he glanced at the deep hazel pools he just referenced. It was true; he had not seen any visitors with the deep colors the Vantha people had. What she had was beautiful to him.

"Your mate must be happy with his choice," Alodian said, and then wished he hadn't. "oh, I did not mean saying that. Please, do not answer if you uncomfortable," he said, his own pools turning to a Sapphire gem. It saddened him to think she would get upset at something he had said.
Last edited by Alodian Aviastas on July 8th, 2010, 5:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alodian Aviastas
The Wandering Healer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Kadin on July 8th, 2010, 4:33 am

(( kadin's eyes are hazel btw :P but it's fine ))

Alodian's flattery seemed to know no end as he switched the attention back to her almost immediately. she touched her cheeks and noticed they were burning hot, he would obviously notice. She calmed herself down and smiled in pleasure as he complimented her.

His next comment though, left Kadin quite abashed and at a loss for words. Her cheeks flushed immediately and she tried to answer normally but it felt very awkward.

"I do not.. um, I do not have mate, " she said, stuttering repeatedly. She glanced at him despite her embarrassment and noticed his eyes had changed yet again. This time they were the color of the deep sea. Kadin took this chance to change the subject. "Your eyes are blue now. You do not-- I mean, did not, tell me what blue mean."
Kadin
Player

Character sheet

Postby Alodian Aviastas on July 8th, 2010, 5:35 am

(heh I fixed it :finger: )

Alodian noticed Kadin's cheeks flush. When she said she didn't have a mate, he was taken back. Why would a girl like this not have a mate? he thought to himself, as he studied her. He was about to ask her that when she threw another question at him, about his eyes. "Oh well, when they turn to Sapphire I am sad," he said, lifting a corner of his mouth. Having heard she did not have a mate, it brightened his mood and his eyes, so now they were an emerald-sapphire mix.

"I did not mean to ask personal question. i shouldn't have," he apologized, not wanting to scare away the only friend he had right now. It would be terrible to live here without a friend.
Alodian Aviastas
The Wandering Healer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Kadin on July 8th, 2010, 7:15 am

Kadin tilted her head to the side in confusion as he explained the color in his eyes. For one, why was he sad in the first place? Also, how many colors can Alodian's eyes have? They seemed to be changing to something new with every passing moment. Now they seemed to be in between two previously described colors, and she felt a little bad that they weren't light green like before, as he had mentioned they signified happiness.

She concluded Alodian was probably feeling uncomfortable because of the awkward bump in their conversation. Not wanting any more of it, she blurted out the first thing that came to her mind. "So how do you like Wind Reach? Do you practice healing yet?"
Kadin
Player

Character sheet

Postby Alodian Aviastas on July 8th, 2010, 4:19 pm

Alodian grinned, as healing was a topic he could talk about for ages. "Well I haven't had chance to heal yet, but I hope to soon. As for Wind Reach, it beautiful. So many color, and the weather is warm and breezy. I used to snow and ice, so a change is welcomed," he said animatidly, as his eyes changed fully to Emerald gems. "I mean I don't wish hurt on anyone, but I hope to further healing. Maybe it will earn another mark," he said, his thoughts running wild in his head.

He studied the girl, wondering if she had any talents fo her own. "Do you have mark?" he asked, reffering to a gnosis mark of her own. He hadn't met anyone with one other than himself.
Alodian Aviastas
The Wandering Healer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

PreviousNext