Blazing Your Own Trail [Alodian Aviastas]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The westernmost tip of Kalea, Wind Reach is home to an amazing group of people and their giant eagle mounts. [Lore]

Postby Kadin on July 8th, 2010, 11:17 pm

Kadin giggled a little when he said he liked the weather here, thinking about how lucky he was to come at a good time of year. Otherwise he probably wouldn't even reach the mountain because of all the snow. His talk about a mark intrigued her greatly, and the fact that he already had a gnosis mark for his healing was remarkable, a quality to be admired.

"I don't have mark, but I will become Endal," She answered him without thinking, and simply the fact that she had said this with such a sure tone actually boosted her confidence that she may one day actually become a Wind Rider. Once she actually had a chance to talk to someone, she found that there was nothing confusing about what was going on in her mind, that if she wanted to, her mind was more lucid than anyone. This train of thought had Kadin wanting to go back to the aeries again, a place where she felt most at home, even more comfortable than being with Alodian right now.
Kadin
Player

Words: 18194
Joined roleplay: July 4th, 2010, 4:51 am
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet

Postby Alodian Aviastas on July 9th, 2010, 3:46 am

Alodian grinned, as she talked about worshipping someone. "You will get one most likely if you keep doing what you are doing," he said, as he sat up. Lifting up his right shirt sleeve, he revealed his gnosis mark. His mark consisted of a Twisted Swirling Sigil in Shimmering Opal. "This from Goddess Rak'keli. She granted me mark shortley after I turn eighteen," he said, a grin spread wide across his face. "I worship Goddess Morwen too. She live in my homeland. I do not have mark from her though." he said, as he pulled down his sleeve.

"Tell me, Kadin. Do you normally talk to others as me? I don't usually talk to non Vanthas. This has informed me much on Inarta people," he stated, nodding his head.
Alodian Aviastas
The Wandering Healer

Words: 38674
Joined roleplay: July 5th, 2010, 2:24 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Peer Reviewer (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Kadin on July 9th, 2010, 6:35 am

Kadin marveled at the sight of the gnosis mark. She had never seen one before, it seemed so intricate despite its simplicity and gave the sensation that it was other-worldly. Forget the fact that Alodian was a traveler, he was connected with a God. It seemed so amazing to Kadin, especially since she had never seen someone bestowed with a mark before.

"To tell you truth, Alodian," She had a bit of trouble pronouncing his name, "I do not spend much time with others. I prefer sky, it is easy connect with birds." Kadin pondered a bit over what she had just said and added, " You, you are very kind to me. I like talking to you."
Kadin
Player

Character sheet

Postby Alodian Aviastas on July 9th, 2010, 3:28 pm

"That would make sense. It is so open and serene," he said, as he looked upwards. A boyish grin crossed his face, as he looked at Kadin. "For a non Vantha, you have been good to talk to. I not afraid of you like I thought I was," he said as he looked into her eyes. Thinking for a moment, he wondered about the other Inarta people.

"Will the others try to hurt me?" Alodian asked, fear shimmering across his face, his eyes darkening to an Onyx color. He didn't want to be hurt or thought of as an enemy.
Alodian Aviastas
The Wandering Healer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Kadin on July 9th, 2010, 6:02 pm

When Alodian smiled like that, Kadin wondered if that wasn't a healing practice in it's own; it lifted her mood so simply. She felt almost forced to smile as well and returned his gaze with an curious stare.

Alodian's next question though, surprised Kadin and even hurt her feelings. "What? No! We're just.. protective. Do not provoke and you be fine. Inarta are not evil," she responded even a little harshly, largely defensive of her people. More than she expected actually, since she was never the community-type. Despite some truth that one should be careful around Inarta as they are easily violent, Kadin was mostly hurt that such a nice person like Alodian would be afraid of her people.
Kadin
Player

Character sheet

Postby Alodian Aviastas on July 9th, 2010, 6:17 pm

Seeing the change in Kadin, Alodian immediately regretted his last statement. "I am sorry. I didn't mean to judge your race. It's just I have not met other races. I was just wondering," Alodian said, as he smiled. "I do not think anyone aare evil. In fact, from meeting you, you have changed every thought I had about other races. From what you have told me, the Inarta are welcoming unless made angry," he said, as his mood changed back to being happy, his eyes back to their sparkling Emeralds.

Alodian thought for a moment of what he was about to say. When he was satisfied he had the translation in Common, he smiled. "When we meet again, can you introduce me to the people?" he asked, a shy look washing over his face as he looked up at Kadin.
Alodian Aviastas
The Wandering Healer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Kadin on July 11th, 2010, 6:05 am

Even though Alodian meant well, Kadin still was feeling a little strange that he was basing his first impression of the Inarta people with her. She did consider herself pretty average among them, but it was still a little uncomfortable to be the subject of generalization. Or something along those lines, because Kadin only felt it as a sensation before her mind jumped to other matters. Like how she'd lost track of time speaking with the Vantha, and she should probably get back to work.

Her thoughts were distracted by the fact that Alodian had spoken up again. "Um, sure, but I do not really know anyone," she responded a little shyly, wondering what she had been up to for 19 years of her to be at best acquainted with the people here. Her cheeks flushed out, a little bit embarrassed by it.
Kadin
Player

Character sheet

Postby Alodian Aviastas on July 11th, 2010, 9:24 pm

Alodian nodded, understanding what she said. "Well I thank you Kadin. You have taught me many things. I look forward to meeting other Inarta," he said as he grinned. Not knowing how much time had passed, he looked around, noticing the sun was in a different spot. "I sorry for keeping you. Your people must worry," he said, standing up. "I look forward to see you again," he said, catching her eyes.

Looking around, he saw that he really had no idea where he was. "Sorry, but I do not know where I am. Can you tell me where the city is?" he asked, giving a sheepish grin.
Alodian Aviastas
The Wandering Healer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Kadin on July 14th, 2010, 1:07 am

Kadin's nervousness got the best of her when he gazed at her, averting her own eyes from his. She blamed her shyness on the fact that his eye color changed from one moment to the next. The awkwardness was easily forgotten though when he admitted that he was lost. At first she tried to remain calm about it, but she couldn't help but snicker a little.

"hehe-- um, yes you just go there," she pointed towards one of the tunnel openings, "and, stay on main path, you will get to courtyard.." She looked up at him, staring silently for a while before smiling, "It is nice to meet you too, Alodian. "

Not wanting their parting to feel strange, Kadin quickly got up and headed in a different direction, towards the aeries. After gaining a couple meters, she turned around and waved at him.
Kadin
Player

Character sheet

Postby Alodian Aviastas on July 14th, 2010, 11:41 pm

Thankful that he would not be lost after all, he nodded his head. "I will stay on path. Thank you very much Kadin," he said, grinning. He watched as she walked away, wondering if he should follow the path or explore. When she turned and waved at him, Alodian's hand shot up, like it had a mind of it's own. After an awkward moment, he made the waving motion, slowly reclaiming control and putting it at his side.

After a moment or two of thinking about where to go next, Alodian decided to follow the Inartas' direction. He turned around and headed towards the tunnel. A few Chimes after the the sixth Bell, he arrived at the courtyard. After his first day of meeting a native, he thought that he could definitely get used to this place.
Alodian Aviastas
The Wandering Healer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Previous