Solo Tales of the Sea

Kane writes.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The westernmost tip of Kalea, Wind Reach is home to an amazing group of people and their giant eagle mounts. [Lore]

Tales of the Sea

Postby Kane on June 1st, 2013, 2:34 am

Spring 61 513 The Enclave

Kane sat tapping his pen on the table. It was a bright day out, and what better way to spend such a day than writing. He’d done it once before, and now that he had a taste of it, he knew he wouldn’t be able to stop.

Though, once again, actually starting it was a problem. A million ideas jumbled around in his head, but none of them seemed quite right.

Perhaps his last time writing was still effecting him, or he still had the Suvan Sea on his mind, but all he could think about was the sea. Guess I’ll have to work with that then. And there was actually a lot he could say. Though there was one subject about the sea in particular that he’d always enjoyed. Kane nodded.

His decision was made. He’d write a legend. One he’d only heard stories of in whispers when the crew was feeling brave.

Pen poised in his had, he began to write as he thought.

In the Suvan Sea, there is a tale of a horrible monster. Many ships have presumably been lost to its clutches. Very few who have seen it have lived to tell about it, but the few who have, came back with tales so gruesome, they made even a seasoned fighter cringe.
Kane
Darnit Eilea, I'm Your Friend Not Your Lover!

Words: 84491
Joined roleplay: December 15th, 2011, 5:44 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Tales of the Sea

Postby Kane on June 1st, 2013, 2:40 am

It was a good start. He himself remembered the shiver that had gone down his spine when he heard about the monster. The back of his neck had tingled for hours after.

A shudder wracked through his body, and Kane violently shook his head.

Time to get back to writing.

There are many different descriptions of the creature, but few of them match up with each other. Some stories state that it has three heads and is able to drink water so fast that ships find it impossible to escape. Others claim that it has huge scales and that it moves so quickly that most never see it coming. All the stories have one thing in common. There is no escape.

Great, he was creeping himself out again. Kane set his pen down to rub his arms. He had goosebumps.
Kane

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Tales of the Sea

Postby Kane on June 1st, 2013, 3:09 am

Kane paused for a moment. Where to go from here? He considered what he had written about so far. A general introduction and a description. Well, kind of a description. He couldn’t really describe the thing without seeing it.

He thought back to the stories he’d heard, looking for another angle. Ah...! He had an idea. Nodding to himself, he brought his pen back down to the paper and continued to write.

There is much speculation on where the creature came from, but no one seems to know for certain. And if they did, it’s likely they’d never say. Fear of the creature is huge and most don’t speak of it unless they are feeling brave or intoxicated. But, as always, there are stories. Some state that the creature came about during the Valterrian and was a product of Ivak’s rage. This is something that this writer doubts, seeing as the creature lives in water, and Ivak controls fire and volcanoes.

Another story claims that it was created by powerful alchemists who were ultimately destroyed by their own creation. Once again, there are a huge number of variations on the birth of this monster, and not a single one seems to match up.
Kane

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Tales of the Sea

Postby Kane on June 1st, 2013, 3:10 am

While looking down at his paper, Kane chewed his lip. He supposed that was enough information; it was all he knew of the legend of course. Though it did seem rather odd to just leave it where it was. A wrap up was needed.

All in all, very little is known of this monster. The one thing that is known for sure is the fear, and the paranoia of those who have heard the tales. This is a fearsome creature, not one to be taken lightly.

Taking a moment to read through what he’d written, Kane was pleased to find all the information there. At least, is was all he could think of at the moment. He was rather sure he’d be hit by some other random facts or stories hours from now when he’ll be on the other side of Wind Reach, but for now, he supposed, it was complete.

He stood up before gingerly picking up the papers he’d just been writing on. He made his way to Kavisan and handed him the papers with a small nod.

His business here was done. As he turned to leave the Enclave, he glanced around at some of the others in the room. Most were reading. Perhaps soon, they’d be reading something written by him as well.
Kane

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Tales of the Sea

Postby Auric on August 9th, 2013, 11:16 pm

YAY! GRADES FOR YOU!
Kane
Lores:
An Author's Creativity
The Suvan Sea Monster
Legend or Rumor?

Skills:
+4 Writing

Additional Notes: A good thread! And looks like Kane is well on his way of becoming an author. I would only say that if you went in a little bit more detail with your descriptions of Kane's writing, I would be able to give more skill points.
As always, if you have any questions regarding your grade, please PM me.

Stay Golden!
x
Auric
The Midas Touch

Words: 21083
Joined roleplay: June 26th, 2013, 6:30 pm
Race: Staff account
Scrapbook