PM to join A High Pricetag [Aaron]

After her insightful meeting with the mysterious Suir, Vivi browses the Slave Market in search of a bodyguard

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

A High Pricetag [Aaron]

Postby Vivianne on June 6th, 2013, 1:20 am

3rd of Summer, 513 AV

It was a warm summer Sunberth day, meaning that it was hot and dangerous to roam the streets if one was unarmed or unaware. Vivianne was not unarmed and her zith blood granted her better awareness than the average human. Though her heightened sense of hearing often proved to be more trouble than it was worth in crowded areas, and crowded the Slave Market always was. The place was filled with the hustle and bustle of people going to and fro, buying the lives of others with shiny coins.

Vivi personally disliked places like this, they reminded her too much of her own past life in chains while in Ravok. Her right hand idly moved to scratch her gloved left hand, underneath was the brand that marked her so as property of Ravok. It was a scar she concealed, something that she showed to no one, no matter how close she let them to her. Lies were all one would get regarding her past, for Ravok was a place not worth speaking of.

It might seem a paradox for a woman such as her, one who knew the sufferings of a slave, to seek now to purchase the life of another. Truth be told, Vivi was not crazy about the idea herself, however it was necessary at this point. The young woman was no combatant by any stretch of the imagination, she knew how to hold a the rapier at her side and how to swing it and thrust but beyond that her skills in physical combat were sorely lacking. She needed a strong man or woman who could fight, someone who could kill her enemies. Vivi was a talker and a charmer, other than that her skill set was minimal.

So she browsed the slaves, peering at one or two that caught her eyes for this quality or that one. The ones she thought to settle on had extremely high price tags, ones well outside of her budget. It was irritating, but still she pressed on in her search.

The young woman was dressed in her finer clothes, sporting a fine brocade tunic, high boots, comfortable trousers, and a leather belt. Her attire made her seem more well to do than she really was, not ostentatiously so but enough to give the impression that she was either important or served someone who was. It seemed like a minute thing, but often wearing the right clothes could make a manipulation much easier.

Vivi's eyes swept over another batch of slaves with an imperious glance, cutting her eyes at the slaver who was trying to hawk them to her. They looked skinny, weak, and useless for the tasks she had in mind. Though her heart was filled with some pity at their predicament her goal forbid her from helping them.

It took a couple of chimes but eventually Vivi found herself looking upon an assortment of slaves that looked more to her liking. Big, tall, muscly and they looked as if they could fight well enough if need be. A couple were apparently kelvic, though which type she didn't know or really care. After a couple of looks to each of them she went of in search of their seller.
Vivianne
Insert Witty or Meaningful Phrase Here

Words: 17520
Joined roleplay: May 31st, 2013, 12:37 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet

A High Pricetag [Aaron]

Postby Aaron Fangbearer on June 6th, 2013, 3:10 am

The seller was not far from the slaves, eagerly coaxing a couple of men into buying a kelvic slave for a fun night. The business was gritty and the Slaver was even grittier. His leather tunic was stained with mud in patches and his cotton pants were a bright shade of yellow. The man was portly, but not skinny in the ways of muscle. He looked like he could bench-press a heifer or two. He had a neatly trimmed haircut that was parted over the middle and his greasy bangs trimmed the sides of his face. He had a little bit of facial hair, like a pre-pubescent teen that was trying to grow a beard. When Vivi approached, the man was just closing the deal and allowing the men to take their pick. The two kelvic women were hauled off by the trio of men.

The Slaver turned to greet Vivi, a broad smile crossing his lips as he leaned forward and inspected her as if she was a future prospect. "Quite the little one to be comin' to the Slaver's Market, eh?" His breath reeked of meat and cabbage, a slight twinge of ale hidden beneath that. He was missing one of his front teeth and the rest were beginning to rot. "Might I ask what ye got in mind fer?" He chuckled deeply, tilting his head off to the side and doing a lap around her as he inspected her, "Or have ye come to offer yeself ta meh?" He sniggered, pausing and crossing his arms, "Well? Don't just stand thar. Speak up!"
Aaron Fangbearer
Player

Words: 11824
Joined roleplay: May 26th, 2013, 6:45 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

A High Pricetag [Aaron]

Postby Vivianne on June 8th, 2013, 3:31 pm

Vivi wrinkled her nose at the man foul breath and set an imperious glare upon her face. After observing her old master so many times she knew how to get a good deal and build up rapport with merchants. His imposing form meant nothing to her and she allowed her expression to show insult at his implications. Instead she stared him down fiercely.

"I am here to conduct business, sir, so if it is all the same to you lets cut to the chase in that regard. If you continue to waste my time then you can find yourself another customer." She said.

The key to getting a good deal was to inform a merchant of your interest but also tell them what might make you leave without buying anything. The dual role of interest and threat was a potent bargaining tactic to employ for it was employed even before you made a decision on what to buy. It was unlike she would need to use hypnotism to get a good bargain from this man, however it was an option.

"I have an interest in acquiring a kelvic slave that possesses use in combat and guarding purposes. Preferably they should be as subservient and obedient as possible." She informed him.
Vivianne

Character sheet

A High Pricetag [Aaron]

Postby Aaron Fangbearer on June 8th, 2013, 4:03 pm

The man perked a brow, looking at her for a perilous moment as if he might burst out in laughter at her request, yet no sound came from him besides a subtle 'Hrrmm...' as he scratched his chin in thought, taking a deeper look at her and then towards the kelvics she was looking at. "I have... someone you might like. Never seen a kelvic so strong. Took seven o' my men to get him down. He's got a rebellious spirit and has yet to bond." The man motioned for her to follow and led her back further into the market, into a building meant for storage. "Yer spirit is strong, so ye might be able to quell his... anger."

They arrived in a small, square room that was lined with cages, all of them empty but one. In the only occupied cell was a strong-looking kelvic with many scars across his body. He was in the nude with the exception of a simple loincloth that hung around his hips, the remains of a tattered pair of pants he had worn, and a collar designed to prevent shifting into his animal form. The man looked up at the two as they arrived, his eyes glinting in the dim light. The pupils of his irises were mere vertical slits, his irises themselves a calm, sinister golden yellow that seemed to glow in the dark. He bared his teeth almost immediately and revealed a set of healthy, strong teeth that were as jagged as a shark's. His canine teeth were slightly more prominent than the rest, and twice as sharp.

"He's a black panther Kelvic. Nasty little bugger." He knelt in front of the cage and rattled it, which didn't draw as much attention from the Kelvic as the man wanted. The Kelvic inside set his glare on Vivi, a scrutinizing glare twice as serious as the slaver's. It was a half-pleading, half-threatening glare that barely made Vivi want to back up. He looked frail and weak, but his body was still nearly six and a half feet in length and built like an Akalak's. "Bah. Un-social mutt. I can't believe I went through so much trouble to get him. He doesn't speak at all, only glares and hisses. Puss." The slaver grumbled, kicking the cage.

"Come on, girl. I don't wish to waste your time on this dolt. I just wanted to prove a point." He began to head for the exit, leaving Vivi to look at the kelvic for a bit if she wanted. His voice echoed down the hall as he began to fade into the distance, "This is what you get for strong kelvics. They're normally stupid."
Aaron Fangbearer
Player

Character sheet

A High Pricetag [Aaron]

Postby Vivianne on June 12th, 2013, 10:33 pm

The intimidating aura of the beast before her was a little scary, it appeared to be quite feral in nature and certainly not meek and obedient. Vivi took a subtle step back as the thing glared at her, a flicker of fear passing through her mind. She gave a slight glance to the slaver and noted that he was already walking off on her, talking more to himself than to her. The woman found herself intrigued by the caged creature, that had once been her. Property just waiting to be sold.

Vivi approached the cage slowly, keeping at a relatively safe distance. Those fists looked like something she would rather not be on the business end of. However it definitely looked strong and potent, if not exactly obedient and subservient. The half blooded zith regarded the creature with her predatory hazel eyes.

"You've got big teeth don't you? I guess you and I have something in common then." Vivi said, giving the creature a good long look at her sharper than normal teeth.

"So are you interested in getting the petch out of here, maybe losing the collar?" She asked, giving him a frank look.

Vivi had been a slave for the better part of her life, she knew better than most the pain of being kept in bondage. The half black sun brand beneath her glove would likely be with her for the rest of her life, proof of those long years of service. While it had certainly been and easier life than most other slaves had, it had still been awful to grow up with near zero personal freedom. She had vowed to never be that person again.
Vivianne

Character sheet

A High Pricetag [Aaron]

Postby Aaron Fangbearer on June 12th, 2013, 11:01 pm

The kelvic kept his eyes on Vivi as she approached, his eyes locked on hers. He realized her glance as that of a predator, but swallowed the urge to hiss at the woman when she got close.

You've got big teeth. Something in common.

Aaron found his own eyes narrowing. He could smell what she was at such a close distance. Zith. But not fully. Just a portion. It was a strange scent that made every non-existent hair on his neck stand upright. But the feeling wasn't born out of fear. It was born out of curiosity. "Zith." Was the word that came forth, the 'th' drawn out much similar to that of a hissing snake as he spoke, his lips drawing closed and no longer baring his teeth at her. He shifted his stance and squatted at the door to the cage, leering at her. "I can smell it. The thought intrigues me."

He nodded at her second question, slamming his fists against the barred cage doors, causing them to indent slightly. She hadn't been able to see it before, but he was wearing a pair of gauntlets that had a golden trim to them that matched his eyes, each gauntlet inlaid with a single, red stone that gleamed in the darkness. It was the most expensive thing the man seemed to wear. "I wish to recover my belongings." He stated, his eyes narrowing, "And you will help me. Am I incorrect?"

The question was more of a threat than a curiosity, but yet he seemed partially pleading for her to say yes. He slipped his lower lip under his prolonged canine teeth, so he looked like he was imitating a zith. "They would dislike to know that I can smell what they cannot see." He states, hinting that he knew a secret of hers. "To release me would be to put me in your debt. In doing so, you will also be in my debt. A mutual reason to do so."
Aaron Fangbearer
Player

Character sheet

A High Pricetag [Aaron]

Postby Vivianne on June 18th, 2013, 10:32 pm

Vivi raised an eyebrow at the rather blatant threat the creature gave her at the end, it rang hollow with desperation to her keen ears. The young woman smiled and shook her head slightly at the threat, whistling slightly. It wasn't everyday where she offered someone a chance at relative freedom and instead they threw a threat back at her. It was a credible threat, for your average half zith who knew next to nothing in regards to persuasion and hypnotism. Vivi was neither.

"Well, quite the threat you made. Whatever shall I do against such a fearsome claim you have over me? I'm just a paying customer after all, my word against a slave is a really difficult contest." Vivi said, placing the top of her hand on her forehead in a melodramatic pose.

She was mocking him but her words had some credence to them, she might only be half human but she was a customer. One who put on airs and walked with the gait of a confident merchant or one possessed of no small wealth. Which would equate to someone willing to buy from a slaver multiple times if they were pleased with the service. She kept her hand on her forehead and gave the kelvic a frank look.

"Listen, you look vicious and powerfully built. I in turn find myself in need of one more physically inclined to assist me in walking the streets of Sunberth. My realm is that of the tongue and mind if you catch my meaning." The young woman said, lacing a bit of her power behind some of the words to make them seem a little more enticing. Hypnotic suggestion was nearly impossible to pick up on a conscious level, so she felt safe using it here.

"I can probably spring you from this place as the merchant seems unsatisfied with you, in return all I want is a bit of gratitude and someone to get me out of scrapes. What do you say? You do want to be free?" Vivi said, placing yet another suggestion behind the word free.

Her conscious was trying to find a way out of the whole owning a slave thing so it was having her word it like this. It was amazing the capacity she had for lying, it even affected herself. She didn't want to hold another person in bondage but after her run in with Suir she had realized just how helpless she was in physical combat. If he had been serious then Vivi would have been dead.
Vivianne

Character sheet

A High Pricetag [Aaron]

Postby Aaron Fangbearer on June 19th, 2013, 3:49 am

The man's eyes narrowed as he seemed to be surveying her for a moment, his golden eyes glowing in the dim light. "I wish to leave and recover my belongings." He growled, leaning back against the side of the cage. The way he had spoken seemed like he was sorrowful about something, as if his belongings held a greater importance to him than most people would think. He nodded reluctantly, though, leaning forward again to lock eyes on the girl. "The words are tempting, but that is not why. To get my belongings back is the only reason. I will not serve you as a slave. I will protect you only as a friend."

That could mean many things. He could simply divert her from situations without getting into fights for her or he could take the hits she would have normally suffered instead. She couldn't be sure what he meant, but they didn't get very much time to discuss it. The slaver was back, frowning as ever. "Oi! There ye are! Why ye tarryin' round here, eh? I've got some other slaves to show ye!" He said with an irritated glance towards the caged man, who hissed at him in reply. "Still loungin' about this'n, eh? Let me tell ye, he's no good. I'm goin' to be puttin' him down soon, so ye best move along. There's plenty of others for sale. More reliable an' tame."

At the mention of being put down, Aaron's eyes widened and then hardened and he leaped at the cage's doors hard enough that they almost came off the hinges. "Eh, eh eh!" The slaver yelled, moving past Vivianne and kicking the door so that Aaron would back up, "None o' that crap here, kitteh! Play nice!" The slaver yelled at Aaron before turning back to Vivianne and motioning to the exit, "C'mon. Best get out of here while we still can, no?"
Aaron Fangbearer
Player

Character sheet

A High Pricetag [Aaron]

Postby Vivianne on June 25th, 2013, 3:39 am

Vivi had learn something over the course of learning hypnotism, it was a two way street in how it was used. Often she could feel her own suggestions echoing in her skull and the tantalizing desire to cast more ever present. She wanted to feel the power coursing from her voice, to have others bend slowly to her every whim, to have those who sneered at her simper and kneel at her feet. The young half-blood shook the desires off, reminding herself to be more conservative in how she used her magic. The more she used it, the greater the chance of detection and the more adverse affects it would have on her mind.

She frowned slightly, putting money into someone like this kelvic was not exactly looking like a sure bet. Her funds were considerable but they were still quite limited at this point, splurging would be a very poor idea. The red haired beauty thought for a moment, she still had other options technically. No doubt there were other more obedient slaves out there for her to chose from, maybe one of them would be more suited to her tastes.

The slaver came back and a thousand watt smile immediately found its way to her face.

"Ah, I was just taking a closer look at the beast. Rather intimidating specimen, if a bit feral." She said casually.

At his mention of putting the creature down, Vivi could barely contain a grin it was as if the slaver was trying to set her up with a good business deal. All she needed was to set up a bit of charm and maybe reach into her djed reserves. As the man gestured to the exit the red haired beauty sauntered up to the rather foul smelling man, placing a companionable arm around his shoulders.

"Now, putting this creature down would be quite the shame. A potential loss to profits, don't you think? However I think I might be able to help you out, a deal that might be profitable for both you and me." She whispered, her voice laced with a Hypnotic suggestion at the word 'profitable'.

The word echoed in her own skull, and she felt a drain on her stamina but she pushed on.

Her breath was hot upon his neck and the distance between them was very small. From where he was standing he had an excellent view of her breast if he looked down her tunic. The best way to get a fine deal was to play with a man's passions, something Vivi had gotten plenty of experience with back in Ravok.

"I have some contacts in a circuit that enjoy a bit of blood sport between beasts, I think this one would be perfect for them. If we can discuss a reasonable price I might be able to cut you in on some of the profits. I've seen the competition and quite frankly he'll be able to rip through quite a bit off them before going down." She said, winking to the slaver.

"So, what's say we discuss price?" She asked, her eyes boring into his own.
Vivianne

Character sheet

A High Pricetag [Aaron]

Postby Aaron Fangbearer on July 6th, 2013, 1:06 am

The slaver was a fat slob, that was for sure. His greed and gluttony could be seen just by the greasiness of his skin and the way it wrinkled into rolls of fat beneath his shirt. He licked his lips in anticipation when the words 'Profitable' and 'Blood Sport' came into play. It wasn't necessarily the hypnotism that urged him to smile sinisterly, no it was more so his desire to see the beast who caused him a mighty hard time to get beaten to a pulp that intrigued him.

"You've a sharp wit, ye do." He says with a nod and a rubbing of his hands in a greedy little fashion. His dull, brown eyes seemed to alight with a new passion as he nodded and turned from the girl, chuckling lightly, "He'd fetch a pretty copper if you'd enter him into the rings and ensure he wins... tell ya what..."

He paused, sneering back at the cage and squatting down as much as his fat, porky legs would allow him to in front of Aaron and sneered with his broad, rotting teeth. "I'll let 'im go for fifty gold mizas. In return, you an' him gotta be at the bettin' rings each with fo' no less than ah month. Get me some winnin's an' we'll call it a deal." He said with a snarling smirk as he lifted himself up and turned to face her with a serious and dark grin on his lips, "Bu' he's yer problem. If 'e dies afore I get me pay, I'll be comin' to get my payment back from you an' yer..." He stepped forward, "Perty lil frame. Ah We clear?" He stuck out his hand an inch before her stomach in a darkly 'friend' shake to close the deal.

"Ah, I should add... after I get me four wins, he's yers for good. One 'undred percent profits if ye continue." He sneers.
Aaron Fangbearer
Player

Character sheet