[Verified by Phoenix] Daekos Volundur

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, all the character sheets are kept for player characters. Feel free to come on in, browse the forum, look at what sort of characters others have created, and then begin your very own!

Moderator: Liaisons

Daekos Volundur

Postby Daekos Volundur on June 8th, 2013, 2:41 pm

Daekos Volundur

Appearance

Race: Isur
Birthday: 4th of Spring, 413 AV
Birthplace: Pitrius Citadel, Sultros

Appearance:

Standing at five feet and five inches, Daekos has the stature of your typical Isur. Black hair - usually disheveled, for Daekos regards his physique and work to be of infinitely more importance than his own hair, although he does keep it from growing beyond the neck and eyebrows, for it would interfere with his all-important work - and the beginnings of a beard frame Daekos' face. His eyes are as midnight black as his hair.

He prefers simple clothing in neutral colours (grey most of all, since he believes it accentuates his Izurdin-given physique and the silver veins on his left black arm), and may often be found topless when going about his duties as a blacksmith, as he also believes that his shirt would only hinder him in his work (and that people around him deserved to view his physique).

His Izentor gnosis is found on the shoulder of his left arm.

Character Personality

As one of the Pitrius clan, Daekos has an even keener sense of superiority over non-Isur compared to a typical Isur - however, as one of the Pitrius clan, Daekos has been trained from young to hide it with a healthy dose of geniality (as much as a typical Isur would have), for, as his father reasoned, non-Isur would give up their knowledge more willingly to an Isur who was closer to them than an Isur who placed himself countless echelons above them (even though Daekos and his family was in unanimous agreement that they were so). Daekos' true feelings will break through when he is feeling a particularly high amount of emotions.

Indoctrinated with the love and desire (some might say avarice) for knowledge, Daekos has sought to gain as much as he can, and left Sultros for this reason and another.

Daekos is an ambivert, but he enjoys displaying his near-perfect physique (for the scars on the palm of his right hand Daekos considers to be aesthetically unpleasing). For this reason, Daekos does not actively desire solitude or seek the company of others. He is comfortable either way, although he would not deign to speak much with non-Isur. This has changed over the years, due to his constant interaction with humans, and he has mellowed since. His sense of superiority stills remain, but has been blunted over the years.

A deep reverence for Izurdin lies within Daekos like all other Isur (with the exception of a blasphemous, sacrilegious few!), and this is mainly because the greatest works of the Isur would not have existed without him - especially Sultros itself.

Ever since he settled in Riverfall, Daekos has begun to worship Akajia as well, as he immensely respects the power inherent in secrets used properly. He has devoted time towards understanding and finding out secrets in many places, attempting to broaden his vision and attract Her attention in hopes of being granted Her mark.

Character History

Daekos was initiated into Reimancy at the relatively tender age of ten by his own father, after undergoing rigorous physical training, as part of an experiment to determine if the age of initiation and proper strengthening of the body were major factors in the survival rate. (Unfortunately, results were inconclusive, and his father gave it up to embark on a newer project). Choosing not to enter the Silver Tower, for he disliked the regimented lifestyle of the Sentinels, preferring rather the freedom afforded to him in Pitrius Citadel, Daekos slaved for fifteen years under the guidance of his magic instructors, his family, and on the way, picked up some small skill in Summoning from his mother and a smattering of Nader Canoch.

At the age of forty-five, Daekos finally managed to create something out of Isurian Steel himself, after many years of assisting expert blacksmiths and crafting his own small items - a pair of gauntlets, imbued with special properties using his own mark. He regards this as his first true achievement, and as such treasures it dearly. He has left it behind in Sultros, under the care of his mother, for he fears that it would otherwise be lost outside - the possibility of such an event occurring being rather high.

He left Sultros a season after his accomplishment, for he desired to know more of the outside world. The many conversations he had had with the visitors and traders not from Sultros (few they may be) over the years had struck a strange chord in his heart, and the temptation of knowing more about the outsiders grew too much to resist. Leaving with a group of merchants he had acquired a faint acquaintance with, Daekos made his way across Mizahar to Nyka, visiting several cities on the way, in order to begin his study of humans in a proper, well-guarded city, arriving there in Summer, 460 AV. After spending six years living among the humans there, Daekos felt drawn to Sahova, of which he had heard much of, and travelled there to study the arcane arts under Mors Inim. A short time was spent in Zeltiva and Sunberth. He then crossed Sylira to Syliras, staying in the city of the Knights from Autumn 499 AV to Autumn 501 AV. Having grown sick of the constant propaganda (in his opinion) spread by the near-fanatical Syliran Knights, and then sailed to Riverfall, arriving in Winter 501 AV, and then acquired a job at the Arma'Drex Smithy.

City Season arrived Season departed
Sultros N/A Summer, 458 AV
Alvadas Fall, 458 AV Spring, 459 AV
Syliras Mid-Spring, 459 AV Late Spring, 459 AV
Ravok Summer, 459 AV Late Spring, 460 AV
Nyka Summer, 460 AV Summer, 466 AV
Sahova Fall, 466 AV Summer, 486 AV
Sunberth Fall, 486 AV Spring, 494 AV
Zeltiva Summer, 494 AV Summer, 499 AV
Syliras Fall, 499 AV Fall, 501 AV
Riverfall Winter, 501 AV Mid-Summer, 513 AV
Syka Mid-Summer, 513 AV Present

Language

Fluent Language: Isur
Basic Language: Common
Poor Language: Nader Canoch

Note: His written Common is far better than his spoken Common.

Themes

So this thread got me thinking, and here are the results. Music I believe to represent Daekos Volundur Pitrius.

Everyday life :
Peaceful, calm, perhaps a little whimsical - life is beautiful, and what better than a Chopin étude to portray it? Opus 10 and 25 are my favourite collection of short pieces - Modest Mussorgsky's Pictures at an Exhibition comes a close second, but it cannot beat the person I consider to be the best composer in the Romantic period. Daekos views life as something to be cherished, and that it is beauty incarnate, the magnum opus of a being whose name he knows not (Tawannen).

Sad moments :
Whenever Daekos is not feeling much positive emotions, I think of this. Ginastera's Danza de la Mosa Donosa was one of the Grade 7 pieces my teacher introduced to me, and it was one of the more beautiful melodies I have ever heard. Daekos has been rarely sad in his life on Mizahar, but one of the few times was when he received news of his parents' deaths. Sadness being near alien to him, it would be certainly shocking to him. The dissonance in this piece reflects the unnaturalness of sadness.

Battle theme :
I always imagine that's there some semblance of calm before any battle - and the customary suspense and tension, naturally. This one builds up an atmosphere much suited to battle.

Moments of high emotion :
When Daekos is feeling particularly emotional... Enough said.

Main theme :
The best I could find. I don't really know why I chose this for Daekos. Maybe it's just that Daekos has hidden depths to him.

Last edited by Daekos Volundur on September 19th, 2013, 3:53 pm, edited 16 times in total.
Daekos talking in Common
Daekos talking in Isur
Daekos thinking
NPC talking

(I'm currently waiting for my profile picture to be completed, so it's blank until then, I'm afraid.)

I will be extremely busy until late October; apologies to all!
Daekos Volundur
Six times nine is forty-two.

Words: 43749
Joined roleplay: June 8th, 2013, 1:00 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Skills

Postby Daekos Volundur on June 21st, 2013, 8:29 am

Skills

Skill EXP Total Proficiency
Blacksmithing +10 RB, +16 SP 26 Competent
Reimancy (Water, Earth, Mud) +26 SP 26 Competent
Summoning +8 SP 8 Novice

1 Izentor Mark

Note: As Daekos has only recently begun to experiment with Earth Reimancy, he cannot do much with it, being only able to perform small acts. The same applies for Mud - he can only create small amounts.
Last edited by Daekos Volundur on September 19th, 2013, 3:50 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Daekos talking in Common
Daekos talking in Isur
Daekos thinking
NPC talking

(I'm currently waiting for my profile picture to be completed, so it's blank until then, I'm afraid.)

Daekos Volundur

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Lores

Postby Daekos Volundur on June 21st, 2013, 8:30 am

Lores

1. Studies at the Silver Tower: Basic theory of Personal Magics
2. Reimancy: Attracting Water and Earth (Competent Level)

Last edited by Daekos Volundur on July 21st, 2013, 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Daekos talking in Common
Daekos talking in Isur
Daekos thinking
NPC talking

Daekos Volundur

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Posessions, Ledger, Location

Postby Daekos Volundur on June 21st, 2013, 8:31 am

Possessions

1 Set of Clothing
-Simple Shirt
-Simple Pants
-Simple Undergarments
-Simple Cloak with hood
-Simple lightweight tunic
-Simple Boots
-1 right-handed Fire Glove
1 Waterskin
1 Backpack which contains:
-Comb (Bone)
-Brush (Bone)
-Soap
-Razor
-Balanced Rations (1 Week’s Worth)
-1 eating knife
-Flint & Steel
- Two rings of silver (The twain belonging to his father and mother were sacrificed to Laviku)
- Cold Iron Waraxe (Double bit)
- Isurian Descending Staff

Heirloom: Four rings of silver, forged by his father, mother, his eldest sister and himself.

Housing

Ledger

Purchase Cost Total
Starting (Cashed in Housing) N/A 600 GM
Right-handed Fire Glove -5 GM 595 GM
Housing at Atri's Place for 50 days 0 GM (Syka expedition) 595 GM
Jivatakus Ghost Dog ("Hundwin") - purchased at the Sanctuary -50 GM 545 GM
Descending Staff (Isurian) -60 GM 484 GM
Living Expenses (Summer) (See Gossamer's post) -73 GM 5 SM 410 GM 5 SM
Cold Iron Waraxe (Double bit) 60 GM 350 GM 5 SM

Calculations for Living Expenses :
Summer, 513 AV
49 days in Riverfall (Common) = 73 GM 5 SM
42 days in Syka/traveling to Syka (Poor) = Paid by Mathias Syka

Last edited by Daekos Volundur on September 19th, 2013, 2:12 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Daekos talking in Common
Daekos talking in Isur
Daekos thinking
NPC talking

Daekos Volundur

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Thread List

Postby Daekos Volundur on June 21st, 2013, 8:35 am

Thread List

Summer, 513 AV
- 2nd of Summer, 513 AV - Water, water everywhere
- 5th of Summer, 513 AV - A Morning Run
- 16th of Summer, 513 AV - Antique's Society Dig - Excavation
- 48th of Summer, 513 AV - [Syka Quest] Mustering for the Journey
- 49th of Summer, 513 AV - The Day before [Daekos]
- 50th of Summer, 513 AV - [Syka Quest] Sacrifices at Sea
- 50th of Summer, 513 AV - [Dawn Sister]Bunkmates, eh?

Flashbacks
- 1st of Summer, 428 AV - Glyphing One
- 2nd of Fall, 466 AV - [Lab 7-Q] Master and Apprentice
- 40th of Summer, 467 AV - [Lab 7-Q] Part II: Equivalent [?] Exchange: Memories
- 9th of Summer, 499 AV - In the Woods: A Short Story
Last edited by Daekos Volundur on July 30th, 2013, 3:16 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Daekos talking in Common
Daekos talking in Isur
Daekos thinking
NPC talking

Daekos Volundur

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Companions, Relationships

Postby Daekos Volundur on June 28th, 2013, 1:56 pm

Companions

Name: Hundwin
Birth date: 89th of Spring, 511 AV
Breed: Jivatalus Ghost Dog

Purchased at the Sanctuary near Riverfall, Hundwin is an exceptionally affectionate dog, with a habit of pouncing on Daekos and smothering him to a half-dead state. Daekos has had not much time to rid him of it (Although the Isur secretly enjoys the play-wrestling whenever it isn't inconvenient for him to do so) but has at least managed to prevent Hundwin from doing the same to anyone he encounters.

Relationships

Definitions of terms:

Arch-nemesis: The being Daekos hates the most - all his efforts will be directed towards the death of that one being, even if he does not know where that person is. Only one can exist at a time.

Nemesis: Daekos will not suffer the person/persons to remain in his presence and remain unharmed.

Adversary: Anyone that has commited an act against Daekos' wishes - this does not apply to persons belonging to the Friend category and higher. Anyone injuring Daekos for reasons he cannot accept will be automatically marked as Adversaries. He will not move against them actively if he knows where they are, but if he has the chance to do so, he will gladly take the opportunity.

Acquaintances: Anyone Daekos has met and interacted with is automatically placed in this category. He does not trust them yet, but he will be polite to them.

Friends: Persons Daekos can trust more than acquaintances, but he keeps most of his secrets away from them. Daekos will be more willing to aid them, but this is conditional.

Close friends: They who have proven themselves loyal to Daekos, willing to sacrifice something dear to them will be placed here. Daekos trusts them even more now, and he will reveal all but his deepest secrets to them if they ask him to tell them. Daekos will aid them if they request his help, but will not risk his life.

Blood brother/sister: Daekos will do anything in his power to help them. He is completely open to them, and will risk his life if needed to aid them. They have become his brothers and sisters, and he will stop at nothing to fulfill their every wish.

Arch-nemesis
None.

Nemesis
None.

Adversaries
None.

Acquaintances
Kench - The small Pycon attracted Daekos' attention after doing something particularly amusing.

Friends
None.

Close friends
None.

[tab=Blood brother/sister,#FF0000,white]None.[/tab]

Daekos talking in Common
Daekos talking in Isur
Daekos thinking
NPC talking

Daekos Volundur

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes