Adjustment of frames

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Adjustment of frames

Postby Liriah on June 8th, 2013, 3:13 pm

I can't seem to find an article on how to adjust the size of frame to make the words less compact. Is there anyone who knows how to, or is it just not done?
In the darkness, Light grows stronger. Will you allow it to grow or will you succumb to despair?
Liriah
The Unseen Watcher

Words: 71507
Joined roleplay: June 2nd, 2013, 9:44 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Adjustment of frames

Postby Spirit Frostfawn on June 8th, 2013, 4:11 pm

You can't adjust the size of a frame itself. However, you can make something called a box! Which looks the same, but is just more adjustable. Or, you can use 'style' which is even more so.

The codes are...

box:
{box=width in pixiles, background color, border color and text color} and {/box}

style:
{style=width:500px; padding:5px; border:1px solid #335577; background-color: #443322; margin:auto;}Use margin:auto to center the box, in combination with the width parameter (500 pixels in this case)...{/style}

(this is copied from the BBC Codes page here)

I hope this was helpful!

Spirit Frostfawn
Whistle with the Birds

Words: 302388
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2013, 11:53 pm
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Adjustment of frames

Postby Liriah on June 8th, 2013, 4:15 pm

Ty for your help, Spirit, I was so lost before you came!
I'll test it out right away!
In the darkness, Light grows stronger. Will you allow it to grow or will you succumb to despair?
Liriah
The Unseen Watcher

Words: 71507
Joined roleplay: June 2nd, 2013, 9:44 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes