[Training Grounds] New Techniques

K trains with Ser Corben on the grounds, scythe and unarmed combat.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Postby Kisetukai on June 10th, 2013, 2:50 pm

Timestamp: 5th Of Summer 513 AV

K and Ser Corben, sitting in the training grounds with their legs crossed, eyes closed as they sat about two feet from each other. "Master... You say we must meditate to clear our minds and calm down, yet I find nothing in Syliras to be calming, for one can never silence the peace and justice that thrives in civilization." K said quietly, his voice breaking the silence, but his pause bringing it back to life. His scythe, his original black judgment scythe, was laid across his lap. Ser Corben had his longsword across his, they both had a shield at their feet, a battle was ready to commence. "Besides Ser... Why must we meditate before we spar? I honestly think that we should do that after, because it calms me down ya know? I don't want to be all calmed down before a fight." He finally grew quiet, as he heard his master clear his throat, it was time for another lesson. Because he always felt that everytime Ser Corben opened his mouth, he ended up learning something, and that was amazing to him. He rested his hands atop his weapon, his fingertips resting on the cold pole of metal, he was ready to be filled with more knowledge.

"Kise, you are a very smart boy, I wonder why you didn't get it. Perhaps it is because you tend to think after talking, and that is not wise young one. You see, although peace may be able to thrive in civilization, civilization can only feed off of peace. This is what seperates us from our foes, the very people who wish to crush peace, they no not of true civilization. We build buildings, houses, lives, and other happy things, now imagine what would happen if we didn't protect the peace. Houses would crumble, people would be scared, there would be no civilization. Civilization can only exist with peace and peace breeds civilization, as you will find vultures circling a carcass, you will find peace emanating civilization. Now, as for why we meditate before a fight, it is for that sole purpose my boy.  If you rush into a fight enraged, you will be rushing into a fight weak, and I'm sure that's not what you want. Your anger would only blind you, you may think that your hitting harder, but your actually weaker. And with that being said, Shh.. It's time." Ser Corben ended as he stood up with his blade, ready to go.

"Yes..." K stood up, his scythe held midlength in his right hand, as he rose up proudly. Staring at his master hardly, he was ready for his spar, seeing Ser Corben perform some flashy moves with his longsword. "Is that a challenge Ser?" Kise said with a smile, as he tossed his scythe to his left hand then back to his right, warming up for showmanship. Spinning it in his right hand clockwise, quickly using the momentum to pass it around his back and switching it to his left hand. After a final spin, he stabbed it into the ground, finally ending his combo. He looked at his patron, who was pointing his sword at him a couple feet away from him, it was showtime. As they stood still, the wind blowed a bit, breaking the silence with every whisper. "Now!" K yelled as he stepped up, his dropstep was in his right foot, swinging his body counter clockwise in an angle. His scythe came raining down from the sky with an arc. Clink! It was easily blocked by his patron, as he bounced back from a parry, Ser Corben was on the offensive now.

And so the battle began.
Kisetukai
Syliras Finest

Words: 636820
Joined roleplay: March 8th, 2013, 9:25 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Kisetukai on June 11th, 2013, 4:03 pm

Clink Clink Clink Clink

The strikes of Ser Corben were amazing, pushing K back with every blow, it was astounding to day the least. Every attack made K hold his precious scythe like a simple sword sheathe, it was pathetic, and he couldn't stand to be on the defensive. He also knee that if he didn't attack, he would have to do push ups after the spar, and that infuriated him. After he began to count the seconds in between his patrons strikes, he started to see a pattern. Slowing and calming down he could count it out, smack, one... Two... Three... Smack! That was it, right there. K used his scythe like a bench bar, using his chest to push forward, knocking back his master's blade. Throwing a punch while still holding his weapon, it was dodged, as he quickly swiveled and dropped. Jutting out his scythe, he aimed to hook his patrons right foot, it was so close. His scythe flew out, as his definitely wrap the back of his patrons ankle, quickly caught on by Ser Corben. K instantly lost his weapon as Ser Corben raised his leg and stepped on the blade, slamming it flat on the ground. K looked up to see Ser Corben smiling, giving an 'oh well' look, it was smug. Quickly jumping back, K tripped on something, smacking his head on the harsh ground. Quickly getting up, he picked up his shield which was laid on the floor, sliding it onto his left arm. "Hmm... A shield is better than a weapon huh?"

He took a step up to Ser Corben, who was performing more flashy swordsmanship, cocky bastard. "You know Ser, I was wondering, can we afford it?"

"Hmm? Afford what?" Ser Corben said naively, wondering what his squire was going on about.

"Can we afford your medical bill... When I bash in your face?!" K yelled as he ran up with his shield, yes it was a bad line and joke, but it was a start for him. An overhead strike, Ser Corben was becoming predictable, K raise his shield. Hearing the sound of metal hit metal, he pushed up in an attempt at blocking and parrying the attack. Thrust both arms up, he left his body vulnerable, and the grown man took advantage. A foot appeared right in front of K, the boot slamming into K's chest, leaving a print right on his gear. The blast itself sent him back, tumbling on the ground and landing flat on his stomach. Quickly, as if the blow didn't hurt him, he rolled onto his knees, quickly leaping up on his feet. "You cranky old man..." Followed by a spit on the floor. "I should e saw that kick coming, but I was foolish, so let's step it up a notch eh?" He ran in once more, this time with deadly intentions as he jumped in the air. Set Corben released a vicious frontal kick, snapping up like a whip, the blow quickly began to push K's shield back. But he had a plan, he knew exactly what his patron was going to do.

He used the momentum of the kick to spin, the force of his master's kick was like a bar pushing him, at an odd angle this caused him to spin off rapidly. He spun counter clockwise, sucking in Ser Corben's leg on his left, until he thrusted forwards using the inertia to deliver a blow. Smack! Ser Corben's left side was pushed into his chest, as K made definite contact, knocking his patron off his feet and sending him rolling. K pulled back huffing and puffing, rolling his eyes to see his master tumbling, it was so dramatic. "Ser... If your trying to boost my confidence.. You failed. Next time make it look a little bit more realistic please?" K chuckled as he saw his patron lose his sword mid tumble, it was hilariously over dramatic, and he could barely calm down when he got up with his shield. "Oh you have a shield now? That's better, now I feel a bit more fair..." He said as he stretched a bit, taking a couple steps up, until he began running.

Round two... Or was it three?
Kisetukai
Syliras Finest

Character sheet

Postby Kisetukai on June 17th, 2013, 10:31 pm

Bam! Bam!

The sound of two huge bulky metal shields could be heard throughout the training grounds, two souls engaging in a healthy battle. Although they loved each other, neither of them were going to give an inch, they refused to. For if you respected someone battling you, you knew that giving them anything but your all was disgraceful, and that violated the bond of a knight and his squire. A knight and a squires relationship was something most people knew not of. To be the squire of a knight, was something perfect. Both strived to be better and help the other out, light hearted jokes and playful banter, discipline in the necessary quantities with a healthy quality. A sauté and a patron formed a bond for life, going through training and experiences neither would forget, never in their life. They were a pair, a duo, sometimes even soulmates. This bond was a friendship, and even intimate when it came to fighting. Both knew when one wasn't giving his all, one knew when one was growing as a fighter. They knew how to congratulate, they knew how to scold, funny part was... There were times when the squire taught his master. Yes, the bond of squire and patron had to be received first hand in order to understand, mere words weren't enough. No metaphors, analogies, or even similes could explain. You just had to experience it yourself.

Here was K, running full speed at his patron, like a young train of dark muscle. He observed quickly as his patron held his ground, it seemed Ser Corben wasn't intimidated, perfect. Everybody had to play the the underdog sometimes, and even though K hated the thought, he knew he wasn't good with a shield. Although he was learning, and that was all that mattered. About three feet away from his master, he leapt into the air, using his muscular calves to propel himself higher. Coming down high, he pushed his shield forward, he could feel that his patron was doing the same. It seems his master's goal was to parry him once again, possibly knocking him off balancing and tripping him or something. But not this time, not again, not now! K pushed forward, hearing his shield slide down and grind against the opposing shield, a nice sound. Finally he touch the ground, his feet firmly planted, he saw his patrons feet. Ser Corben stepped forward with his right, it must've been another attempt at unbalance, understandable. But predictable.

Most him push his shield forward, lowering his a bit to look at his cocky face, it would soon be a face of defeat if he could help it. He turned and pivoted his body, sliding until his patron wash pushing past his left, once again grinding up against his shield. His master's left side was exposed, it was time for an attack! K was just about to push his shield forward, until he noticed his master spin, sliding clockwise on his own pivot. Crack! A back thrust smacked into his shield, sending him stumbling back, he couldn't catch his balance. His patron noticed this and stepped forward, pushing once more into the young squire, another opening. K used a bit of his intellect with his next move, using the momentum of his patrons shield bash to spin off of his pivot once more, counter clockwise of course. He used that momentum and inertia to slingshot himself, of course the force hurt him a bit, but not as much as he planned to hurt his master.

He shot out quickly, flying up at Ser Corben, with what looked to be a backfist. Quickly in mid swing, while his back was facing his opponent, he placed his fist together. Grinding his arms together, until he had switched his shield hand over, his right hand naked. His right back fist flew directly towards his masters face, until he felt his knuckles hit cold steel. He swung his left hand counter clockwise, hoping that his little nifty trick would catch his patron off guard. He shifted and whiffed, as his shield spaced out the air, his whole body making a cross with both arms extended. What he saw terrified him to no end, although he couldn't do anything, he wish it wasn't coming for him. His patron was turned around, looking as if he was about to fall forward, a right back foot rising. Ser Corben's right foot landed squarely, leaving a huge footprint across his squires chest, lifting him up.

It all happened so damn fast K barely knew what to do, his body was lifted at least five feet off the ground, and he flew an even greater distance. Finally hitting the ground with a thud, his back felt cracked, as he clenched his eyes closed. Shaking his head violently, he forced his eyes open, the bright sunlight shining hard. He quickly raised his head, apparent pain rising in his neck, he looked over his chest. Seeing Ser Corben running at him heavily, his footsteps anything but light, he was coming to finish this. K turned his head to his right, his big shield gleaming in the light, the leather straps a bit out of his grasp. It was no use, his master was coming at a blazing speed, his only goal was to not get hit. Ser Corben jumped up, using observation he guessed that his patron was aiming to come down with a crush. Not today. K leaned back, his legs flying up, as he kissed his knees. Finally unleashing a mule kick, both feet planting on the shield squarely, he thrusted forward.

Ser Corben flew a bit, flying back but quickly gaining his ground, he was coming back for another attack. K rolled as hard as he can, gaining speed out of nowhere, at the simple cost of rug burn. He scooped up his shield, sliding his left arm into it, he barely got on the straps. Spinning off of his back foot, he spun clockwise, meeting up with master's attack. Shield bash! And his was weaker, him flying back a bit as his legs buckled. Once more, and his shield was lost, flying away from him. He closed his eyes, in anticipation of an attack, it was inevitable. Ser Corben was gonna clobber him. Ser Corben was gonna... Rub his head? He looked up to see a big hand and a smile, had he done something right for once?

"Kisetukai... Boy have you grown! Your getting better with every fight, and I remember a couple days ago you couldn't even move with a shield. Now look your spinning and even using cunning tactics! A fine knight to be indeed you!" He roughly rubbed Kise's head, showing a toothy smile, his expression happy as could be. "I'm proud of you Kise, and I feel that if you keep this up, your knighting quest could be around the corner. I'd love to see my boy in armor!" Ser Corben seemed really excited, he couldn't help himself, Kise was growing.

"Yes Ser! Thank you!" K said happily, he loved the praise and he could relate. He couldn't lie, he noticed he was getting better, it was just nice to know others noticed. "You know Ser..." K said as he shook his head, removing his patrons hand, and thus his grip. "Your getting better too, so much better that I almost don't have to let you win next time. Almost..." K said with a chuckle.

"Hehe, is that so young one, is that so." Ser Corben laughed out loud, his belly basing his voice, he was having a good time. "Would you care to put your shield where your mouth is... Squire?" Ser Corben said as he briskly paced away, musing and finally turning to face his student, smiling at him with shield in hand.

Kise smiled as he crouched and grasped his shield, smiling as he stared him down, the gleam in his era showed nonchalant and carefreeness. "You know Ser...

I had a feeling you were gonna say something like that." K quickly got up, running at his patron speed.
Kisetukai
Syliras Finest

Character sheet

Postby Emblem on July 30th, 2013, 8:17 pm

Congratulations!
You Get Glorious Experience!

Kise

SkillPoints Earned
Weapon: Shield 3 XP
Unarmed Combat 1 XP
Tactics 1 XP

Lore Earned
Moving Up in the World
Shields and Tactics

Other Shenanigans:

Comments :
Nice work and as usual PM me with questions and concerns.
Currently working at new job so I am still trying to balance it out with Miza. I apologize for any delays.
Emblem
Retired Staff

Words: 50846
Joined roleplay: January 24th, 2012, 5:56 am
Race: Staff account
Office