Closed An Angry Duo

Kanri is having a bad day. Kane is having a worse day. These two are going to create a terrible mess when they meet up...

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The westernmost tip of Kalea, Wind Reach is home to an amazing group of people and their giant eagle mounts. [Lore]

An Angry Duo

Postby Kanri on June 10th, 2013, 10:12 pm

Timestamp
8th Day of Summer

Kanri hid herself in her room while she initially calmed down. Men! That was the source of the world's biggest problems! She hurled a chair against the wall, but she really wasn't that strong and it sorta just skidded. That mad her even more mad but instead of trying to throw the chair, she settled for throwing her sheathed sword against the wall.

"Sorry brother..." she grumbled under her breath to the sword. "But it's just father! Father had supposedly been helping me carry a crate of jars across the City. It was so nice of him and all, except that the moment one of his friends came by, also a man, he just dropped everything and ran after him! Literally! He said he hadn't been thinking and apologized but that isn't helpful in that situation!"

She kicked the sword into the wall. It was sturdy enough to take it and it wasn't going to hurt him.

"I can't make all of those glass jars again by tomorrow! That's just ridiculous! Unheard of! I'm just gonna have to say I can't do but I hate admitting I'm not up for something. I don't back down! But I can't possibly hope to finish..." she hissed, stomping on the sword so it clanged against the stone floor.

"Sorry, brother, I'm sorry. I know whining won't change anything. I'll go out and calm down and stop stepping on you," Kanri offered to the sword. She was a bit calmer now. She had to get out to some open place, to see the sky. She had to get some fresh air.

The Courtyard of the Sky was mostly empty right now so it was perfect. There were still a few people standing about but nothing substantial. The sky was slightly cloudy but she could still see the clear blue beyond them. It made her a little sad, looking at those high, free clouds and the birds that soared high above them and away. Today was just not a good day for her…

She just sat down there, not that she was in anyone’s way. And then she began singing. She couldn’t remember the name or the words, only the melody. She was told she had a nice voice. All she knew is that it was soothing to herself. As she sang, as sweetly and clearly as she could, she began to feel a little more at peace.
Kanri
A Sparrow Among Eagles

Words: 107623
Joined roleplay: July 29th, 2012, 11:11 pm
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

An Angry Duo

Postby Kane on June 11th, 2013, 6:04 am

Kane growled low in his throat as another child screamed in joy. Man, kids were annoying.

Of course on the one day, the one day, that he’d really wanted to relax in his usual safe haven of the Enclave, a bunch of Yasi stormed the place and wouldn’t shut up. Didn’t they have anything better to do?

Now he’d have to find another place to get some peace and quiet. Sighing in frustration, Kane almost kicked his chair back as he stood. Little brats.

He began to make his way out of the building, glaring daggers at any kids he saw on his way. He really hated them at the moment. As soon as he left the Enclave he crosses his arms and looked up. Where to go now?

It was hard to find a quiet spot in a city like Wind Reach, what with its boisterous population. But... there was one place close by that might be a bit more peaceful. He’d have to take his chances. With a destination in mind, Kane turned and headed towards the Courtyard of the Sky.

Upon reaching the courtyard, he was pleased to find it mostly empty. There were only a few Inarta scattered about. Perfect. With a small smile, he headed towards a spot that looked nice and sat. As soon as he was comfortable, he closed his eyes, and enjoyed the day.

Many chimes went by and a noise caught his attention. Was that... singing? Kane’s eyes snapped open and he glanced around. There.

He exhaled violently through his nose and stood up. Okay Kane, be nice. Just ask nicely for her to stop. Remember, nicely.

“Hey, do you think you could stop that? Some of us are trying to relax in quiet here!” Well, that didn’t come out how he had intended. Still, he was in a bad mood and really, he just wanted some peace.
Kane
Darnit Eilea, I'm Your Friend Not Your Lover!

Words: 84491
Joined roleplay: December 15th, 2011, 5:44 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

An Angry Duo

Postby Kanri on June 11th, 2013, 7:00 pm

"Hey! Do you think you could stop that? Some of us are trying to relax in quiet here!" a man yelled at her. The voice alone was enough to make her mad, even if it wasn’t directed at her.

Kanri's head snapped around, looking for the source of the speaker and pinpointed the guy immediately. He was fairly young, just standing there with his scowl and glare. He looked fairly well-kempt, with unusual brown hair and eyes of a shade of . He wasn’t even from around here and had a slight, slurred accent even. What a presumptuous jerk! She hadn’t even been that loud! She leapt to her feet and marched over to where he was standing.

"Oh, I'm sorry! Was I even near your filthy being?" Kanri hissed sarcastically. He was a foreigner, but he had the arrogance of an arrogant Endal. She could just feel it flowing off of him. He didn’t even have any authority! He hadn’t earned it! She was clenching her hands really tightly in front of her, perfectly ready to sock him.

"I wasn’t even near you! You have no right to talk to me like that, you petching dek-licker! You're just a petching, stupid outsider who has no clue about anything! You can't tell me what to do!" she shouted, grabbing his shoulders.

He was bigger and older than her and probably a lot stronger too. But other people, especially foreigners, couldn't just order her around! She was basically done with arrogant men. She wasn't putting up with it a second longer. These were the type of people you really just had to hit. However, she would wait until he started yelling again and smack him across the face with the side of hand. She doubted it would hit him hard enough to bruise or anything. But maybe then he would just shut his stupid face and wake up to see that he wasn’t king of the mountain!
Kanri
A Sparrow Among Eagles

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

An Angry Duo

Postby Kane on June 13th, 2013, 4:35 am

The girl’s head snapped around towards him. She was a typical Inarta, bright red hair and green eyes, and from her small stature, seemed very young. The spark of fire in her eyes showed her anger.

Wow, she had the most childish look he’d ever seen. Was she even fully grown? Ugh.

"Oh, I'm sorry! Was I even near your filthy being?" Kane’s back straightened. Did she just call him filthy? "I wasn’t even near you! You have no right to talk to me like that, you petching dek-licker! You're just a petching, stupid outsider who has no clue about anything! You can't tell me what to do!"

Oh no. Oh no, she did not just go there. He gave her the dirtiest look he could. “You were close enough for me to hear that screeching you call singing.” Leaning back in mock surprise, he continued, “Or maybe that’s just how you sing here! I mean, I am and outsider. How would I know the difference between singing and the dying yowls of a cat?” He was practically growling by the end of his sentence.

“But maybe you’re just not old enough to know common curtesy! I’m sorry, did your parents never teach you to respect others?”

Kane was ready for a fight about now. Especially when dealing with an Inarta. But that didn’t mean he’d back down. He was anything if not stubborn, especially when angered.

Besides, he wasn’t just about to back down when he’d been insulted in such a way. Kane had always had quite the sharp tongue, so he was quite confident that he could hold his own in an argument. He refused to be treated differently just because he wasn’t from the city.
Kane
Darnit Eilea, I'm Your Friend Not Your Lover!

Words: 84491
Joined roleplay: December 15th, 2011, 5:44 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

An Angry Duo

Postby Kanri on June 13th, 2013, 4:34 pm

Kanri's glare was met by an equally dirty eye he stood taller and sneered back at her. "You were close enough for me to hear that screeching you call singing.” He realized what a good idea taunting her right then would be. “Or maybe that’s just how you sing here! I mean, I am and outsider. How would I know the difference between singing and the dying yowls of a cat?”

Dying cat? So he regularly killed cats and knew extensively and exactly how they sounded when they were dying?

He took a breath. “But maybe you’re just not old enough to know common courtesy! I’m sorry, did your parents never teach you to respect others?”

"Of course I’m old enough to know common courtesy! How is it MY fault that my parents were a pair of arrogant lie-abouts!? It’s not!” Kanri growled back, shoving him back. She had decided against slapping him… for now.

“Maybe your parents should have taught you to show some respect to strangers before they let you wander off by yourself. At least I don’t go bossing people around that I don’t even know like an arrogant petch-hole!Yes, I stole it from you, Kane. If you have a problem, 'common courtesy', as you call it, dictates you ask them politely to stop. There’s this thing called ‘Tone of Voice’ and it’s a really wonderful tool you can use to avoid being a general thorn in the foot. But no! Who lacks ‘common courtesy’ now?" Kanri boasted, reaching out and shoving his shoulders back a little bit.

Kanri felt her skin crawling, just looking at the guy’s expression. As if he owned the place! There were some other people stopping to stare by now but a lot of people ignored it. Two, headstrong young adults yelling their heads off wasn’t unusual. But Kanri had never met anyone who was this much of a jerk! Why couldn't he just lay off for a second!?

“And if you think I’m that bad of a singer, you should really listen to yourself talk. You have a terrible slur in your Nari. I mean, you could at least try to make yourself understandable. But no, you stupid foreigner, you just go on with your wrong pronunciation of everything, oblivious to how stupid you sound. Did you ever think that was pleasant for us to listen to? You talk SOOO slowly!” Kanri exclaimed, feeling the furious energy accompanying her speech.

She began to caricature his poor excuse for Nari and mockingly made his next comment for him. “‘Nooooo, yoooou’re the ooooone speeeeaakiiing tooooo quickly-eeee.’ Yeah right, slug-brain, better speed up your thinking process. Or maybe you hit your head on something when you were young? That would explain why you have such difficulty comprehending a simple social situation like not ordering everyone around like you’re the King of the Mountain!
Kanri
A Sparrow Among Eagles

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

An Angry Duo

Postby Auric on August 9th, 2013, 11:04 pm

YAY! GRADES FOR YOU!
Kane
Lores:
Wind Reach: Very Not Quite
Rhetoric: Throwing Insults

Skills:
Observation +1
Rhetoric +1

Additional Notes: Shame this thread didn't develop further -- seemed like it had some potential. Anyway, as usual, if you have any questions please feel free to PM me.

Stay Golden!
x
Auric
The Midas Touch

Words: 21083
Joined roleplay: June 26th, 2013, 6:30 pm
Race: Staff account
Scrapbook