Open Where three "seas" meet

Fox awakens in a dream, but who else is with him, in this sea of clouds, and what could be below him?

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Herein lies the realm of dreams, where dreamers who are scattered all over the world in the physical can come together in the mysterious world of dreams. Remember, unless one is a Dreamwalker, there is no control over dreams. Ever. Anything can happen, and by threading a dream, you are subject to whomever can walk dreams and the whims of Storytellers.

Where three "seas" meet

Postby Fox Starseer on June 12th, 2013, 5:49 am

Timestamp: 12th of Summer, 513

The sheets where comfortable and light, like clouds. Fox opened his eyes slowly as his world filled with light, unfortunately he wasn't in his bed in his pavilion, he was on a cloud, well more like a cloud palace. What a strange place, this must definately be a dream he thought. He saw a small hole open up in front of him as he stood up. He looked down, grass, plains, and what looked like the sea. It was then he realised. "I'm above the Sea of Grass?" he said. And the sea, the watery sea, it could have been on either side of Cyphrus.

He started walking, although he was to intent on staying at the hole to make sense of where abouts he was, towards the palace. The arcitecture was interesting. It looked like it was made of coral, he had seen coral once before, when he was a kid, in the markets. The smaller spires twisted around each other to make larger ones, and the doors seemed to be covered in shells, or made of two large shells rather. He knew what shells where, since they where found near the lakes in the Sea of Grass, and traders had brought them through as crafting materials, and some Drykus girls had them woven into their braids sometimes. But everything was white, and looked to be made of clouds. "How very curious" he said.

He watched as the doors opened, he then walked in, and looking around he saw what looked bits of fabric and furnature that looked like they belonged to a Drykus pavilion. "Things are getting even more curious, this is most definately a dream" he said. He looked around as he kept walking. Another thing he noticed, there seemed to be almost a strange echo, as if he was in a cavern, an underwater cavern. He came into the main room of the palace, and there was another hole, a bigger one.

He walked up to it and looked in. "More of the Sea of Grass, and I don't notice the coast line, so I don't know where I am" he said. He saw the jungle on the other side of the water below him, just, from under the rim of the hole. "I heard the jungle is on the other side of the Suvan Sea....I must be near there then" he said.

Fox Starseer
Player

Words: 43727
Joined roleplay: March 12th, 2013, 10:23 am
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Where three "seas" meet

Postby Una Tanta on June 15th, 2013, 3:26 am

Leaping through the waves Una was covered in seaweed and the discoveries of the day a thick layer of mud over her beluga white skin. Having spent the day reveling in the ocean seeking plants for the Tree Resort her dreams were just as riddled with the plants. It was the only thing she had loved that Cy hadn't cared for and thus it was the only place in her mind and in Avanthal she could escape his presence. Once soothing, there were times when his presence choked her, though she refused to admit it to herself.

Her thoughts glancing to Cy she found herself in the air. Deliciously sweet, she rolled onto her back letting the winds guide her higher. She had many flying dreams since meeting Cy and every time she awoke she felt rested and happy though she rarely recalled the nature of the dream, remembering only the sensation of air. Sliding above the clouds she felt the clouds tug away some of the mud and seaweed leaving her a ragged limp doll with only scraps of plant and earth.

Closing her eyes she suddenly saw the black world spin. Thrown from her dream into wakefulness for a moment before slipping back into the clouds. For the moment she was awake she realized something had gone horribly wrong and bubbles filled her vision. The world she slipped back into was black and white the castle in the clouds before her covered in cracks.CRACK! Lightning and thunder lit up the sky it's archaic fingers lighting the palace ablaze. Silently screaming, the dream having stolen her voice, Una raced toward the palace as if the lightning had also struck her feet.

Suddenly, spun off her feet she was awake again. Oars battered her sides for a moment and as she slipped back into her dream she was fighting the stifling covers and down filled pillows of a bed. Stopping, she sat upright her heat hammering like the tide against her chest. Deep powerful thuds. She was inside the palace. The dome that had only seconds ago exploded and the tapestries that had become cinders were replaced and laying next to her was a man. Clutching at the sheets she pulled them up to her chest mortified and naked. "GET OUT!" She screamed shoving the sleepy figure off the bed.

OOCJust so you know :3 unless you have skill points in it you can't be aware you are dreaming or have any control over it. For future posts. Also, I'm doing a solo thread right before this where Una will have eaten something that causes all this...I haven't decided the details of it yet, but hopefully this will liven things up a bit. ;p
Una Tanta
Be The "One Day"

Words: 371301
Joined roleplay: May 15th, 2013, 2:11 am
Race: Charoda
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)