Completed [Bronze Woods]The Young And The Ancient (Noaru)

A young ghost meets a thousands-year old spirit. Will the huge age gap bring them together?

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Stretching northward along the coastline of the Suvan Sea, the Cobalt Mountains are the home of the Bronze Wood, numerous ruins, and creatures both strange and fantastical.

[Bronze Woods]The Young And The Ancient (Noaru)

Postby Fubuki Kouri on June 12th, 2013, 5:31 pm

Fubuki Kouri

Kouri's Tree, Bronze Woods, 21st of Bell, 16th of Summer 513 A.V

The particular clearing with the tall tree, almost devoid of animal life, where the phantom of a little girl made her home. This particular night, a curious creature could be seen in the middle of the clearing; a dire white wolf. The wolf patiently sat in the clearing as if waiting for something. The wolf's ears perked up when she felt something or someone... was approaching.

The approaching figure was the self-proclaimed owner of the clearing. The ghost little girl named Kouri, her translucent form gleaming in the moonlight and her very long hair billowed as if blown by a non-existent breeze. Kouri approached the clearing and looked at the wolf. her expression showed that this dire wolf was familiar to her.

"You said you want to see me, Madame Ama?" Kouri put both of her hands to her waist and slightly cocked her body her side, seemingly annoyed. "You know, you can just tell me directly... you don't have to burden Madame Matilda..." Earlier this day, Matilda Owens; the one in charge of the Traveler's Row visited the apartment rented by Kouri and Rena. The Konti told her "Ama wanted to see you tonight at your clearing".

The wolf seemed to gently smile at the phantom before her and her body shone, in a few ticks later; an adult woman with snow white hair replaced the white wolf. Ama transformed to her human form to be able to speak with the ghost girl. "Truly sorry, dear... but I do not want to intrude you and your little sister..." She apologized, her tone motherly.

Kouri was comforted by the gentle tone, but kept her haughty appearance; her childish pride refused to drop her wall with this Kelvic. They had a rather... unique relationship of sorts. Ama was the one who introduced Kouri to Rena, she was also involved in various other shenanigans with the ghost girl. All in all, Kouri respected Ama and secretly liked her; but she would not admit it... not in front of her. "H-hmph! Don't do that again, you hear? Now then... why did you call me?"

Ama chuckled a little and then her expression suddenly grew serious, her tone also reflected that she was not playing around. "Dear... Yesterday, I saw a peculiar newcomer in this Woods... My instincts told me this... 'being' is similar to you, ghosts... but seemed to be different, I can't quite put it into words; but I just have the feeling that this unknown being gave a different aura from you and your sister..."

Ama then continued "Before I could approach it, it seemed to just... vanished into thin air, I couldn't find it afterwards. I think it's similar to your uhm... blinking ability."

"What?" Kouri cocked her right eyebrow, both in annoyance and curiosity. Some 'being' intruding her favorite Woods? As if she would let it do that. "I see, I assume you want me to help you take care of this being?"

"Yes, Dear. I want you to help me locate this being and should you find it first, try to talk to it first, to see if it's sentient or not. I wager you can handle yourself since I sensed this being have some similarities with you..." Ama explained in clear, precise tone.

"And if it's violent and insane?" Kouri quipped, she was getting annoyed by the second.

"Then I give you my permission to eliminate it for the safety of these Woods and Syliras, but if it has some semblance of sentience and does not attack you on the spot, please try to persuade it to see me, Goddess Priskil's Mark will be the one who deemed it evil or not"

"Hmph... understood, Madame Ama. Can't let some unknown stranger intruding our Woods after all..." Kouri relaxed her hands and approached closer to Ama.

"Agreed, Dear Kouri. Now then, I shall take my leave and continue the search; if I find anything, I will let you know as soon as possible... you will do the same to me, yes?" Ama knelt down to one knee and prepared to transform back to her wolf form.

"Sure~ Good hunting, Madame Ama"

Ama nodded and her body shone once more, transforming to her dire white wolf form then she retreated from the clearing; venturing deeper into the forest.

"Now then... where should I begin?" Kouri thought out loud while flying up to her tree branch. She sat there and begin contemplating her new task. Who or what is this... 'being'? Madame Ama seemed to be saying that it's a ghost yet not a ghost at the same time... how confusing.

OOCEnter Noaru! :o

"common" | "vani" | thoughts

Important Note: I'm not accepting new threads unless I promised you beforehand, I'm sorry for any inconveniences caused.
Fubuki Kouri
The Sorceress' Daughter

Words: 784291
Joined roleplay: March 31st, 2013, 1:42 pm
Race: Ghost
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Noaru on June 12th, 2013, 6:16 pm

Noaru took interest in the moonlit night, he knew at this time he would be at his strongest! The night was the only time he reigned and in dark places where the light did not reach. The spirit came to an understanding that there weren't as many animals around in the woods tonight--this was a moonlit night, they should be around, doing whatever animals did best. The near absence of life excited him, it made him feeling alive--this assured him that this would be the night, he could use his full potential.

Noaru was in good spirits, he now remembers the being he was before the Valterrian but not the identity of the strange man--who's image haunts him and the name of which he cared before then--only the name Noaru lingered within his mind but there was another; one that truly defined his nature. He materializes, focusing on his incorporeal form, his soulmist reacts quickly to his will and swirls vibrantly around him; causing his surroundings around him to darken.

The darkness embraced him, as if remembering who he was! Finally, he materializes completely but his form resembled that of a black cloud, glowing with a slight crimson hue--the state it remained in was that of constant flux. Noaru maneuvered through the tree's--animals fled at the oddity that hurtled past while some simply stared, wondering what they had seen. When he reached a small opening in the tree's, he noticed a large wolf sitting patiently in the clearing; she gave off an odd feeling which made him want to avoid her but just as he was leaving.... he sensed the presence of another ghost closer to the wolf than he was. This made him stick to the shadows and observe the situation at hand.

“....”
Noaru
The grave is silent...

Words: 261739
Joined roleplay: May 29th, 2012, 6:17 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Fubuki Kouri on June 13th, 2013, 3:54 am

".........." Kouri's thoughts were suddenly interrupted and she went silent. She got this... feeling, the presence of another ghost; but something was different this time. Something far more thick and foreboding even for a rather strong ghost like Kouri. She quickly extended four of her thick black tendrils from her back, they traveled to her treasure hole and picked up all four of her pets. Chakrams each composed of four identical daggers.

Kouri stationed all four of her chakrams near her shoulders, two on her right and two on her left. She slowly spun them while her crimson eyes darted left and right to find the source of this presence. Is that? Kouri noticed a rather odd dark spot at the corner of her eye. She turned her head to the right and saw a spot near a tree that seemed to refuse the gracing moonlight.

"........" Kouri narrowed her eyes into slits in caution. Her chakrams spun faster in battle-ready state. Is that the 'being' Madame Ama was talking about? Nevertheless... I must find out. Kouri prepared herself and launched like an arrowhead, heading to the dark spot's direction. Her metallic weapons quickly followed suit.

Once there, she stopped and found... "Hi?!!" Kouri's eyes widen in shock when she saw a... black cloud with glowing crimson hue. W-what is this thing?!! Her shock activated the mental defense and Kouri hissed dangerously like a cornered cobra, she launched all of her chakrams to the cloud. "Aaaaaaaaaaagh!!!" A scream of rage mixed with fear erupted from her lips.

Two chakrams were approaching the black cloud from the front while another two chakrams approached it from its left and right side each.

OOCNoaru startled the Kouri!

I wonder how will Noaru calm her down. :smirk:

Important Note: I'm not accepting new threads unless I promised you beforehand, I'm sorry for any inconveniences caused.
Fubuki Kouri
The Sorceress' Daughter

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Noaru on June 13th, 2013, 5:33 am

Noaru remained still and watched as a small girl approached him, it was when she came within a few meters and spoke to him that he disappeared; ceasing to materialize completely to prevent from being seen. One thing became apparent to him--that this girl, she could sense his presence just as he could sense hers; he blinks, moving from his location to the next instantly! He hadn't noticed the chakrams, approaching him until they struck the front and back sides of the tree he was taking refuge near which was now about five meters away from him now.

“Who are you child?”

Noaru didn't waste anytime in stepping back into the dark--this time keeping a close eye on the young girl just meters away from him while concealing himself carefully between the trees, ensuring relative protection in the dark. The spirits voice echoed in the dark forest after vanishing, giving the place a more haunting atmosphere. He was a spirit of the forest; though, was more comfortable in the Wildlands due to the sheer number of animals and plant-life.
Noaru
The grave is silent...

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Fubuki Kouri on June 13th, 2013, 11:45 am

"WHA-?!!!" Kouri let out a surprised exclamation as the ominous black cloud in front of her disappeared. Her chakrams missed their mark and hit a poor tree instead. "Kiiiih..." She gritted her teeth and pulled her chakrams, stationing them back beside her shoulders.

Her eyes and head turned from left to right, searching for this being. This being had the powers of a ghost, that was much apparent. Kouri deducted that the black cloud was blinking.

“Who are you child?”

"!?" Kouri froze. This... being could speak?! For a moment, the rage on her face disappeared and was replaced by an expression filled with pure confusion. She quickly shook her head regained herself, if this being could speak; then that means it had some form of sentience. Good, that would make her job much easier.

"Who am I?! I should be the one who ask you that question! Who are you? Why are you here?" Kouri shouted, still searching for the unknown being. She closed her eyes and concentrate on the presence of the other being's soulmist.

There! She quickly opened them and launched a chakram between a particular spot of trees. She didn't stop there and launched two other chakrams to strike it from the sides. She let one chakram stay beside her shoulder, should the being blinked to her; she would still have a reserve weapon to defend herself.

"A-answer me!!" Kouri's attack was mainly fueled by her fear of the unknown. Madame Ama... where are you?! She now missed the presence of the dire white wolf Kelvic. Her light would be much useful in this situation.

Fubuki Kouri
The Sorceress' Daughter

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Noaru on June 13th, 2013, 6:25 pm

Noaru blinked again but further into the dark forest--he understood something about this strange girl, it was that she was strangely accurate with those weapons but she refused to approach him directly. Those weapons, those chakram were beginning to annoy him a great deal, if they were capable of harming him then he would need to move... fast. He darted through the forest to gain a more suitable position and distance from the girl and her weapons. While moving away, he replies to the girl seemingly startled by his presence and appearance in the dark.

“ A spirit....”

Noaru was concerned with the white wolf, her name was Ama? The one who was least concerned with his presence was the white wolf, she would be the one to stop this young girls pestering--should he get anymore involved with her, it could draw unnecessary attention. The attention of a third or more parties would force him to retreat deeper into the nearby thicket and darkness where no fool would dare follow him into.... not when he can make it so they can't withstand the darkness and bitter cold.
Noaru
The grave is silent...

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Fubuki Kouri on June 14th, 2013, 1:59 am

"Spirit?! A ghost?! And you still didn't answer my question on why you're here!" Kouri shouted to the trees, she was sure the spirit would hear her words. She heard the familiar sound of her chakrams stabbing against a tree, she missed... again. The so-called spirit blinked away again.

"GAH!!" She was getting frustrated and annoyed. "Grrrrrrrrrr!" Kouri upped the ante, she combined her chakrams into two greater chakrams, each composed of four steel daggers and four cold iron daggers. She narrowed her eyes and she flexed her tendrils, the two greater chakrams spun and buzzing like giant metallic hornets.

She concentrated on the foreign soulmist presence and locked her sights into it. "You can't get away!" She launched herself, her twin greater chakrams buzzing and whirring beside her shoulders. She occasionally blinked as well, taking careful moves as to safely pull her chakrams towards her everytime she did so.

She spotted the unmistakably ominous pitch-black cloud with the crimson hue. Gotcha! Kouri launched her one of her greater chakram forward, while she stealthily maneuver the other greater chakrams to the side; ready to strike should the spirit dodged the first attack.

The chase between the spirit and the young ghost caused a commotion in the peaceful Woods. Birds flying, animals scramming, and wolves howling in distress. This didn't go unnoticed by a certain dire Kelvic, The Radiant White Wolf Ama.

"!?" At some distances away from Kouri's and the spirit's location, Ama's ears perked up. She saw animals running pass her in panic, something was definitely up. Kouri?! Has she found the 'being'? She assumed, but she was determined to prove her assumption. Ama flexed her legs and swiftly ventured to the direction where the panicking animals came from. I hope everything is alright! Goddess Priskil... please bless me.

Fubuki Kouri
The Sorceress' Daughter

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Noaru on June 14th, 2013, 6:27 am

“ I go where I please, there is no reason to why I'am here.”

There was no alternative motive that would cause him to be in the immediate vicinity, he just happened to be wandering in the dark forest while looking to extend his power and unwind a bit as he has never had a moment to relax or rest. The young ghosts constant noise making made her location quite apparent and easier for him to keep track of her movements; he maneuvers through the tree's, getting deeper and deeper into the forest as the darkness grew thicker around him.

The air was growing cold with a bitter icy chill and the already stifling darkness grew thick. The forests warm and surreal appearance was turning dark and bitterly cold; animals that remained fled quick, feeling that if they stayed harm would befall them. A ghost being fully materialized in this moment would feel the same and probably wouldn't enter the area; especially, behind something that was able to easily meld into the darkness and shadows completely.
Noaru
The grave is silent...

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Fubuki Kouri on June 17th, 2013, 6:23 am

"Kiiih..." Kouri was getting frustrated, so this was what it felt like fighting against another ethereal being or more likely, chasing an ethereal being. She felt the full force on how troublesome she must looked to her opponents with her phasing and blinking ability.

"...." Kouri decided she would not strike anymore and instead kept chasing the ominous red-hued black cloud. She saw animals running frantically around herself, obviously due to the ruckus of the duo phantoms. She also noticed Leth's light seemed to unnaturally dimmed the deeper she ventured. What is that thing... Kouri was definitely convinced this cloud was no ordinary ghost, was it a true forest spirit?

"Wait!" Kouri finally relented and opted for the diplomatic solution. "It's fine... I won't chase you anymore! Here!" Clanging sound echoed in the forest as Kouri dropped her chakrams, they clashed against each other and stabbed the grassy floor below her. "I'm sorry if I scared you! Please... I want to talk to you, Madame Ama also want to meet you! She wants to see if you're an evil being or not... if you're not, please don't run away anymore."

Some distances away, Ama could feel the temperature dropping with every step she took. It's cold... Mists began to be produced from her breath, definitely a sign something was there. She quickened her pace, determining to root out this matter; she was the guardian of these Woods after all.

Fubuki Kouri
The Sorceress' Daughter

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Noaru on June 17th, 2013, 7:03 am

Noaru couldn't trust the young ghost completely, he knew very well that she was still a potentially potent threat to him, as he crept within the darkness, he hid his form completely. The crimson hue from his body vanished entirely and the forest became black. Noaru was skeptical; he wasn't going to trust someone who threw disk-like weapons at him but her words seemed sincere which caused him to take what the young ghost said into consideration. He would wait till Ama appeared and shined her light he would approach from there and make his presence known; announcing that he was no threat to those with a pure heart.

“ I will wait for Ama to appear and once her presence is known... I will appear.”

Ama was probably someone with influence; if she was one capable of sensing him before he could notice her then she must have a considerable amount of power. The spirit chose to wait within the bitter cold and shadows of his world, he was waiting for Ama's appearance while keeping tabs on his ghostly friend some several meters away from him but strangely he was feeling anxious. However, not because of fear but because of hunger, he could sense the soulmist left behind on the tree's and it was starting to rile him up a bit, he had not absorbed soulmist in months and the stuff always made him a tad bit... egregious--like a shark once it smells blood in the water.
Noaru
The grave is silent...

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Next