Funerals and Dogs

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Funerals and Dogs

Postby Spirit Frostfawn on June 15th, 2013, 3:55 pm

I know. Strangest combination ever. But I have a few questions about Avanthal stuff, and Animal Husbandry

1. What's the Vantha's version of a funeral? I vaguely get a hint of something with ice, but I'm unsure. All I know is that there isn't a graveyard...

2. How long would it take a pair of dogs to get 'close' to each other, and eventually mate? Lets assume the male happens to be particularly... happy.

3. Is it reasonable that a person with competent animal husbandry would be able to figure out how to make the above question work?

Sort of awkward and strange questions, I know :)
But I do have reasons for these... ^-^

Spirit Frostfawn
Whistle with the Birds

Words: 302388
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2013, 11:53 pm
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Funerals and Dogs

Postby Malvora on June 15th, 2013, 4:12 pm

For two, I'd assume that if the bitch is in heat and receptive to the dog's advances it wouldn't take very long at all...dogs breed out of instinct, not out of emotion so I don't honestly think they would have to "get close" at all. They aren't people, they don't need love in order to justify sexy times.

For three, probably?

This lovely signature was made by Shausha!
Malvora
Player

Words: 34164
Joined roleplay: June 15th, 2013, 3:26 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet