Completed [Bronze Woods] Ultimate Training Day 1

Kise finally makes it deep in the woods, eager to train. What has his patron planned for him?

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Stretching northward along the coastline of the Suvan Sea, the Cobalt Mountains are the home of the Bronze Wood, numerous ruins, and creatures both strange and fantastical.

[Bronze Woods] Ultimate Training Day 1

Postby Kisetukai on June 25th, 2013, 6:41 pm

55th Of Summer, 513 AV
Strictly 4th Bell, 36 Chime
-----------------------------------------

[indent][left] Thunder was all that could be heard, a vicious warning storm rang through Syliras, most likely the warnings of an even bigger storm. It cracked, sizzled, and light up the whole night. Heavy rains pelting the ground, the droplets like arrow heads. Painful was the noise, the sight, and for some unlucky... The feel. This was not a good time to be outside, so why was this squire out, with his patron? Because of training, extreme training. After the incidents that have been occurring recently, it's understandable why the boy begged his patron to train him, but not without fret. His patron told him that the training was deadly, and survival wasn't actually a hundred percent inevitable, it was actually pretty deadly. He meant what he said, and the boy understood and went through with it, after all he needed to become stronger. He needed to understand what it actually meant to be a knight, to protect the peace, and what exactly they had to do.

So here he was, preparing to experience the training of his life, he had no choice. Galloping side by side of his patron, he knew not of exactly what they were doing, but he followed without a moment of hesitation. Ser Corben himself wore light armor, while Kise himself chose nothing of the sort, he wore bare protective clothing instead. Black cargo shorts, a black tee shirt, of course the black silk scarf and shoes to match. A leather black belt, and elite tactical fingerless black gloves, he was on a roll. On his back he strapped his scythe, thanks to his weapon black weapons harness, with a black metal shield on it with a red windoak symbol. And of course his black cloak, being masked by his weaponry and upstaged, it was still there. His patron strapped with a simple long sword, and his shield, the training so far seemed a mystery.

Although he was told to bring his weapons, all of them, which excused why he held a club on him. The club being in the back belt loop of his shorts, and the club was actually two concealed daggers, ready to be slid apart. His patron rode a warhorse, understandable choice, but Kise himself went with a nightwalker. He knew a guy, thanks to K... Good ol' K, one of his brothers he hadn't talked to in forever. He been stopped questioning it, and took it to the heart, that he lost his brothers. No Shin, no Brother, no K. Just Kise, Kisetukai Yamehaka, the squire. His cloak whipped in the wind, flapping with vigor, as the night rang. It was a storm, and they were right in it, galloping against the heavy rain. Looking over to Ser Corben, it was hard to see his face, it was too dark and rainy. But he heard his voice and that was enough. "Ser..." Kise said with a nod, hoping his patron would catch on.

"Hmph!" Ser Corben grunted as he nodded, looking back forward, he wanted to keep up the speedy pace. Yelling out, he warned his squire, "Don't stop, the horses need a break soon, but we will also be there soon. Try to push it! And pay attention to the road ahead!"

"Yes Ser!" Kise affirmed back, grunting also as he ducked his head and tucked his arms, clenching the reigns of his horse. "Yah!" He barked as he tapped the horse's sides with the inside of his shoes, not hurting the gentle beast, but getting his message across. Both his and Ser Corben's horse kicking up mud and muck, as they galloped and traveled through the land. Pats, thunder, and muscles created the natural ambience. Slowly and surely, they made progress, until finally approaching a huge clearing. Noticing Ser Corben slow down, Kise followed along, his horse changing into a simple trot. As he pulled up gently on the reigns, the horse began to rear, it's head bobbing as it gave a neighing reply. "Hey hey, whoa..." Kise warned as he finally came a full stop, the horse trotting in place, seems like it was in the running mood. Kise watched as his patron jumped off his horse, the man stepping firmly through the mud, it seemed he had done this before.

"Kise, we go on foot from here on out." Ser Corben said gruffly as he jumped off his horse, a thick thud and splat as he slapped the mud, lightly stepping through it. "Don't fall behind my boy, you will have time to rest soon, stay close."

Kise instantly followed, raising his right leg, and pivoting on his bottom till he slid off. Plopping down also, he fumbled a bit until he snapped his heavy crossbow off of his horse's side pack, carrying it in both hands with it pointing northwest. He quickly took two steps giant leaps, hopping over mud puddles, swiftly walking behind his patron. "I don't need time to rest... I need to be training Ser." Kise said a bit annoyed at the thought, although he knew his patron knew what he was doing. "Your a knight Ser... Please excuse me for speaking out, I respect your decisions." Kise corrected himself, as him and Ser Corben left the clearing and their horse's behind. He watched as his patron effortlessly hopped up on a pointing boulder, forcing him to follow as he groaned and raised his right foot. Lifting his left behind him, travel with a heavy two handed crossbow wasn't easy, but it sure did look cool. He intently observed as his patron pulled a stone from inside of his outfit, marking the tip of the boulder with a strike, and then placing down the stone. "Um..." Kise said, trying to think of a question, to combat those actions.

"Marking stone my boy, marking stone. It will help us track for when we return, although I know of this forest, it always helps. Now, let's get going." Corben spat out as he and his squire started moving again.

"Yeah... Cool." Kise said with a gulp, this was the most serious he had ever seen his master, and this was the most deep he had ever been in these woods. Moving along, after a series of steps and marking, they finally had made it. To some sort of cliff, however it was small, more like a ledge into a deeper part of the forest. But this wasn't ordinary, the area they stared at was special, very special. Kise could just tell, he had a feeling, and he trusted in his patron. Settling down a bit, he looked at the land, wondering what exactly he was looking at. Him and his patron had crouched down, Kise still holding his bow, he was ready for whatever was coming. Instantly, his head snapped as he turned to look at his patron speaking, wise words as always.

"Kisetukai, this is where we will be training, this is where you will learn all your techniques. And in the final test, you will be challenged, and it will decide if your worthy of what you seek. I will go round up the horse's, I want you to practice your shot, and see what you can do. Try hitting some trees, and if you can... That deer right there. Remember, in the wild no kill, no meal. See ya soon." Ser Corben slid down and left his squire alone, for he was going to retrieve the horses, they needed their break.

"Yes Ser, thank you." Kise said as he looked down the flat boulder, it seemed that it was nice area, with skinny trees for targets. And that deer, that poor innocent deer. Morning would be hear soon, as soon he would be able to see better, for now he would stalk his prey. So let the games begin, because...

It's go time.
Kisetukai
Syliras Finest

Words: 636820
Joined roleplay: March 8th, 2013, 9:25 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Kisetukai on June 25th, 2013, 10:54 pm

Kise instinctively took the position, leaning on the boulder with his left shoulder and arm, a bit of moss on it. The boulder was slanted upwards at a forty five degree angle, letting him rest northeast, gripping his bow tightly. He leaned up a bit, peeking over the tip of the rock, as he spotted the deer once more. It was apparent that it knew something was in the area, he could tell by the animals flicking of the ears, and constant head raises. It kept lowering it's head to graze, but would pop back up every time he shifted, making him a bit worrisome. It knows I'm here... I need to calm down. He started using the meditation techniques his master taught him, everything he needed to know, was right there. Taking in a deep breath, and holding it for a few ticks, he exhale slowly, softly, and quietly. Steaming out of his breath came frustration and anger, which he was happy to be relieved of, as he started breathing in and out slowly. He could feel his heart rate decreasing, and he began exhaling through his nose, until he was calm.

Peeking over the rock, he noticed the deer down again grazing, except it's ears stopped flicking. Good, his meditation must've worked, it had to. But now, now he had a clear shot, a very clear shot. He could hit it right between the eyes, all he had to do was shoot, and load his now first of course. He shifted silently a bit, his shield resisting the urge to squeak, until he rested on his back. He brought his heavy crossbow up to his lap, the tip resting on his knees, as he began to work it. Pulling a bow from the three strapped to his leg, he tossed it in his right hand, holding it barely with his ring middle and thumb. Then he pulled back the mechanism, the metal opening up, as he reached in and pulled back the loading chamber. Slowly and softly, he slid in the arrow just as Ser Long Arrow taught him that day. Going from the bottom to the head, he lowered it till he heard a click, and the sound of a secure arrow. Slowly raising the metal, it gripped the arrow, and the bow tightened up. "Yes... Ok now to-" He shifted and moved to his stomach, as he leaned up and stared at the dear, who was staring right back at him. "Shit!" He said softly as he groaned and moved up, slamming his bow down on the tip of the rock, the deer quickly took off in a straight line. "Gotcha!" Kise said as he took and held a breath, holding it in as squinted his left and closed his right eye, ready to end the deer.

Snap! Pat!

The arrow shot down the air, whizzing by and barely missing the dear, which instantly sent the boy to a depressed state. "Crap... It was like this close, I should've..." He turned and looked at his patron, who was walking the horses down below where the dear just was, smiling and shaking his head. "It's a lot harder than it looks Ser!" Kise yelled down below, as he got up and placed his bow on his side, his harness gripping it instantly. He jogged up to the rocky landslide terrain, and slid down the gravel of dirt and fallen leaves, using his left hand to brace for impact. The storm had been stopped, which was most likely why the deer was out and about, and not in shelter. Looking up at the sky, the storm seemed like it would return any minute, but on a good note... Morning was here. As the sun was beginning to come out and grace the land, Kise instantly felt the heat, thankfully thanking Syna. He stopped as he approached his patron, looking down to greet him by face, watching him with a look of smugness. "Seriously Ser... I gave it my all."

"Then that's all that matters me boy, a man who doesn't give his all, doesn't care." He smiled as he looked at his squire, the boy was growing up, he could tell. Ser Corben then let the horses go, as they walked around a bit to graze, but they were trained and stood close. He walked with the boy until he finally stopped, patting his shoulder, and gestured to all of the forest. "You see this Kisetukai? This is where we will be training, for days... We could even get lost in here for a year, it all depends."

Kise looked at his patron with a bizarre look, contemplating exactly what was just said, until he opened his mouth to speak softly. "Eh... Uh... Ser Corben, what exacty... Days huh? You must be exaggerating Ser, I'm not even prepared for this! I only have my weapons and little bit of essentials. Ser why would-" He was interrupted, as his patron squeezed his shoulder.

"Exactly my boy, you had your weapon and your wits, you'll survive. This is what makes you human, and a knight. The ability to survive, you will be taught many things while we are here boy. You will learn to fend for yourself, you will learn to make a fire, to strengthen your will. To make camp, to climb, to hunt, to cook. You will survive!" Ser Corben then turned to face him, grabbing the horse's reigns as he walked to a tree, tying it to a tree. Finally, he looked around the clearing, and spoke out to his student. "Kise, if your up to it, then you have your first mission. We must collect fire wood, and prepare to make our camp, we need to. The day has just began, but it's important to always have a secure spot to sleep, if no then we are in trouble. So with that being said, I want you to go retrieve some twigs, logs, stick, and anything else you find that can burn. I'll be waiting here for you soon... And oh, here's the best part. To make it interesting, I want you to only bring one weapon along, make your choose wisely. It may just save your life..." He walked off, leaving his squire to decide, as he sat down near the horses.

"One weapon huh, I guess I better choose wisely... You never know." He looked at his patron, and then back down at his feet. Smiling a bit, he exclaimed, "I know exactly what to take!" He quickly began sliding out weapons, ready to get a head start.

[About Five Chimes Later]

Looking at a pile of his weaponry nearly laid out by his patron, his cloak flowing showers the wind was picking up, the breeze felt nice. He looked at his patron, black metal shield in hand, as he smiled a youthful eager smile. "A shield is stronger than the sword, defensive and offensive." His smile never faded as he looked at his patron, quoting his teachings, he pointed out in the direction he was going. "I'm gonna go check over there for your wood ok Ser? I just want you to know where I am just incase... Ya know, I get in trouble." He began walking, until he was stopped, by his masters voice of course.

"That's just it my boy..." Ser Corben said as he scratched his rough beard, eyeing his student with a hearty chuckle. "I won't be coming for ya, it will be your job to make sure you make it back here safely, and I expect you to bring a lot of wood. This is man training, not that stuff we do back home, here your fending for yourself. Go on now." He fanned the boy away, using his hand like an actual fan, as he pulled out a rock and began sharpening his own sword.

"Really? I don't find it fending for myself when I'm getting us both wood..." Kise mumble as he trudged on, trying to disregard what was said.

"Oh and remember Kise, the moss always grows north around these parts." Ser Corben said adding his final laugh.

"Yeah... Will do..." Kise said as he disregarded that and turned his attention to the direction he was going, finally on his way. It was a bright new day with no time to waste... He had to get to it.

Time to go get some wood
Kisetukai
Syliras Finest

Character sheet

Postby Kisetukai on July 5th, 2013, 6:59 am

After walking for a few chimes, Kise soon noticed how easy it was to get lost, so he stayed in one direction. With all the trees looking the same, every bush appearing every couple chimes, getting lost wasn't hard to do. He had only been walking for a bit now, so his feet didn't hurt, but his shield arm was becoming a bit lazy. So he decided to put it on his back harness, giving his arm a break, which was well needed. Eventually, he opened up to a small clearing, but that wasn't even the best part. The best part was that there were stick galore all over the place, even the floor. So he quickly ran up, happy with vigor, as he began scooping up sticks, until he had about a good twenty in his hands. Then he spotted which could really be useful, a log.

He skipped over to the log, eyeing it up and down, as if checking it. As if he was some wood expert. But that was the least of his worries, if it was rotten that was, his new worry was carrying all of this back. Hmm... Perhaps if... Maybe if I... He finally came to a conclusion, after a quick head smack, he went to work. Placing the sticks on top of the log, he then crouched and grabbed it from the bottom, leaning it against him. The first few steps he groaned, but after that it was smooth sailing, until he stopped completely. "Wait which way was... Aw crap!" The inevitable realization that your lost, it's never good.

He looked around, and all he could see was trees, and more rocks. He was doomed, he was lost, and he was hopeless. Not only that, even though it had just turned daytime, he was afraid of it getting late. Understandably, it came to another conclusion, he would get nowhere by standing here. So he moved onward, choosing to walk into the trees, in a random direction. After a few moments, it was quiet, almost too quiet. He began to get the feeling he was being watched, and just as he thought, he was. He could hear the growl of a large animal near, an animal he didn't want to meet, an animal that sounded to be bigger than him. Instantly, without warning, a bear came running through the bushes straight at him growling. Since when did bears stalk their prey?

He instinctively dropped the wood, letting it fall to the floor, as he quickly backstopped. The bear turned, facing him and growling, about five feet away. Ready to pounce apparently, it seemed that he had something it wanted... "A bear huh?... Why is it always a fuc-" The bear came quick, and in that short amount of time he was able to get out his shield, such a beautiful shield at that. The bear came forward with a simple maul, weak willed and disgusting in skill, it gave no relent in power. "Tch!" Kise's shield flew forward, he wasn't blocking, he was parrying. The bears hand came back, and another swipe came across, but this one was very weak. And it was also parried, as Kise tucked his shield by his right shoulder, pushing north east, sending the bear's other hand flying. He then stepped up, with a huge leap, and proceeded to bring the fight to it.

Knocking the bear's head back, this was just like practice, thank god this bear looked young. After successfully knocking the bear's neck back, he jumped up even higher, grabbing the shield with his right hand on top. "Hyah!" He yelled as he came down, the tip of the shield digging into the bear's neck, sending the beast to the floor. "Don't mess with me bear!" He grunted, after all, this wasn't the first time he had to kill a bear... This season. He was tired of the constant killing of the animals, it wasn't what he wanted, but he definitely wasn't going to think twice when then situation was life or death. Now he was huffing and puffing a bit, after all he had just finished dealing with one of natures worst, it was a feat he wast exhausted. But he managed to use his shield like a true weapon, not just that, he did it effectively.

Understandably, he was a bit tired, but now was the fact that he was still lost. Looking down on the floor, he was a bit disgusted by his surroundings, especially the dirty grassy rocks on the floor. That was just... The woods had nothing on the city, honestly, civilization was where it was at. He then took a crouch, finally looking on the floor, once more. He began to think, to think about what exactly he should do. "Perhaps... Maybe if I would have paid attention, to what exactly I was taught... I mean cmon though, all Ser Corben left me with was information on this moss." Instantly, a torch lit above his head, signifying an idea. "That's it! The moss grows north! North of Syliras, oh dear Sylir I've got it!" Quickly, he began to shift around, so he could make some room. He placed his shield behind the log, finally grasping the new tool, and finally working his way up. After moments of hassling and wiggling, he finally managed to pop up, wearing the log between his back and his shield like a pack. Smiling as if he created something brilliantly, he looked at the bear, it was clear that it was unconscious. He could always have just finished the job, he could always have just took it back so him and Ser Corben had food, or... He could just leave it.

He looked down on the unconscious beast, and back up to the sky, then once around the forest. "Hey, Caiyha!... Sheesh, hope I said that right." He really didn't know much of the goddess, just that she ruled over the woods, and a few other myths and legends. "I don't really know too much about you, but I have heard that not only do you claim domain for these forest, but I heard you are always watching." Clearing his throat for the next part, he didn't want to anger her, for he had heard the tales. "I am not a killer, if anything I love animals. And I'm going to be in these woods for a few days... So what I'm asking, is could we please get along? That's it. No divine intervention necessary, just keep things like this from me? I'll hunt if I have to, but other than that... Thank you. Hey, to prove my loyalty, I'll even pray to you, whether it be the death of an animal or close call. Just please watch over me, and keep me safe... Because someone has to." With that being said, he began his walk to his settlement, hoping to see that bastard patron of his, thanking him for the tip. It was obvious, and he was happy he got it, also he was a bit curious about the goddess.

As he finally approached the destination, he was impressed he managed to navigate so quickly. As his camp came into view, his patron instantly began to pop into view, as he looked for activity. Seeing him sitting in the same spot, sharpening the same sword, with that same cocky smile on his face. Infuriating the boy a bit, it was disconcerting to see such a sight. "Honestly..." Kise said as he began unstrapping his shield, letting the log fall briefly, plopping down very close to his master.

"My my... Your early."

"Early my ass, I've been in those woods for a while now Ser." Kise responded in a joking manner, stretching as his body was renewed, wait lifting away from him. He quickly lost his happy tone when he heard his master chuckle, for Ser Corben never chuckled, but when he chose to it was grim for the beholder. Kise looked at him, wondering just what exactly his patron was thinking, what was he thinking in his head. "Ser... What exactly is so funny?" He said softly, as he walked up and listened intently.

"Well I was just thinking about what exactly I'm looking at here... This.. Log." He gestured the wood, his laughing starting to seize, until slowly returning. "This isn't fire wood me boy, it's a sitting tool if anything, but not firewood. It's soaked from the storm, and even worse... It's rotten. I'm afraid, your gonna have to go look for something better, preferably sticks and planks. Although, this wasn't such a bad start lad, I suggest more sturdy fresh looking wood... If you would. Heh." His voice swelled up with laughter, as he watched his squire, and then returned back to sharpening his weapons. Talking with every strike of steel, he spoke once more. "You better get a move on... Our next lesson will begin immediately upon your return. Oh and remember Kise, the goddess is always watching, do not disrespect her forest... Or she'll eat ya." After a long awkward silence, he remained saying nothing.

Giving his patron a look of pure smug disgust, Kise instantly sighing and groaning out loud, this was a chore. The first time he barely made it back, but he did, and that's all that mattered. He knew he could do it, but could and wanted to were two totally different things. Either way it went down though, it seemed like he didn't have a choice.

And so the squire would be forced back into the depths, to look for wood, and to please his patron. Simple task, complicated vocabulary. It was a very rough road ahead... But somebody had to walk it.

To Be continued
Kisetukai
Syliras Finest

Character sheet

Postby Radiant on July 19th, 2013, 10:04 am

Kisetukai :
Experience
Skill XP Earned
Observation +3 XP
Weapon: Heavy Crossbow +2 XP
Weapon: Shield +2 XP
Riding: Horse +1 XP
Hunting +1 XP
Stealth +1 XP
Wilderness Survival +1 XP

Lores
Lore Earned
A storm is coming to Syliras
Extreme training
Why so serious, Ser Corben?
Training with the heavy crossbow
You will survive
Crap... I'm lost!
Kise vs Bear
The moss grows North
Praying to Caiyha

Loots

Notes :
Kise, I see you haven't updated your CS with the grades I have given you in your previous threads since weeks ago.

Please do so, that way, I can properly judge Kise's current ability. It didn't really show in this thread, but should I encounter you using Boxing (which should be Expert already) but your CS still shows competent, I will regard him as Competent.

So, it's very important to keep your CS up to date. I hope you update your CS immediately after seeing this note. Cheers. :)

Radiant.

Also, that's one weak bear, to be defeated by a novice using a shield, something that was not meant as a weapon. Hahaha! :lol:

My radiance is not bright enough?
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your grade, beam me a PM and we can work it out. :)
Radiant
Sailor Radiant

Words: 781936
Joined roleplay: July 2nd, 2013, 1:39 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)