Closed Syna lights Leth, Leth lights Syna(Lacerta)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

Syna lights Leth, Leth lights Syna(Lacerta)

Postby Eida on June 26th, 2013, 12:42 pm

Summer 8th, AV 513

Another night had come. Eida was coming back from the wilds while her form changed back to her celestial form. She stretched her arms a bit. Another usual night, another usual looks from the people at her. She didn't care much anymore about it. But she really felt she was in the wrong place. Not because they didn't like her although she had other duties and she didn't know what were they. It was distrubing her. She had to meet with her kelvic soon they really had a lot to discuss. As she was thinking she realized she was standing at the same place for chimes now. She looked up at Leth and she smiled. She hoped she will find her way again.

Crazy night. She didn't even know what to do in this city anymore. She was always just wandering and was amazed by the buildings but she never really went in them as she knew they won't like her. She firstly met with a 'deadly' feeling: being bored. After she found it she knew it, she didn't like it. She had a sigh, she rather tried to find somewhere to think or just ... be? She had an idea she went to the Lapis Park! It was beautiful, natural and was open at nighttimes too. Perfect. She didn't wait she aimed to go there.

----
[Lapis Park]

She went in and was looking at the shinging stones. Beautiful view from a banch too. She found a good seat next to another girl who had multiple arms. Oh well she sat next to her, if she won't like her she will go away... or make Eida to go away. But she noticed something in the girl's eye. There was a little orb it looked like the sun. She was looking closer but it could be a bit disturbing for the other woman. Eida stopped the starring and she was sure it was there. Maybe a mark from Syna? She took a chance maybe she will answer. She smiled at the girl and introduced herself.
"Pardon me, if I bother you at another fine night, under Leth's light. My name is Eida, daughter of Leth, I couldn't help I noticed you have a pretty orb in your eyes could that be a mark from my father's lover, Syna?

She even offered her hand to shake it and made sure she will see her mark from Leth on her wrist. She made this often now because as she wanted to trust at Riverfall, they didn't trust her. Still she was smiling.
Eida
Daughter of Leth

Words: 97147
Joined roleplay: January 30th, 2013, 8:27 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Lacerta on June 26th, 2013, 9:25 pm

Lacerta had been sitting in the park, enjoying the silence and the light of the moon. Though she preferred Syna's light, of course, Leth's was just as beautiful, though in a different way. It was more... calming. She'd been sitting there for nearly a bell, contemplating the days ahead, as well as the expedition she would be joining later in the season. However, something brought her out of her deep thoughts. Another late-night wanderer had sat on the bench beside her. She was slightly irritated with the company, since she felt like being... alone, rather than with people. Still, she didn't feel like being rude to the woman, as her long, glassy horns caught her eye. A daughter of Leth. She sighed quietly, not really enjoying the company of another Ethaefal, as it reminded her of her time in the heavens. That made her sad... dropping her deeper into the calm melancholy caused by the cloudless night.

Apparently this Eth had noticed her mark, and commented on it, obviously finding a relationship between the two of them. True, it was an obvious mark, and Syna and Leth were deeply connected, but still... she didn't feel like talking much. She grumbled mentally for a moment, before answering the Ethaefal's cryptic statement. "Yes... I have been marked by Syna. I am also a daughter of her's, like you are of Leth." She nodded slightly, hoping that the Eth would understand her language of 'daughter' and such. She probably would, considering she had used such terms herself. She couldn't think of much else to say, and wasn't in a mood to start a conversation. If they were going to talk... let Leth's daughter put all the effort into it. She was... tired, to say the least.

Common
Fravata
Arumenic
Someone else
Lacerta
Daughter of Syna, past Eypharian

Words: 199277
Joined roleplay: May 6th, 2013, 11:10 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Eida on June 27th, 2013, 12:51 pm

She saw the sadness at her. And she didn't really want to answer. Eida felt the loss too when she saw another fallen but she didn't care. She couldn't care because she knew they were chosen to make this place better. And she didn't really see a multiple armed human before. But even with them she was beautiful. She wondered and that she was an ethaefal, child of Syna she was even a little bit happier she could meet. It was strange somehow, Syna always had joy but this Ethaefal didn't."What's your name? And can you tell me what's your race which Syna chose? You have a lot arms but still you look so pretty with them."

She didn't know how to talk with her as Lacerta didn't see who like her at all. She had time, she had curiosity perhaps somehow they can have a little conversation. She never met a Syna's child it was time now. She was thinking a bit what to say how to say when to say. She wanted to ask about her history how did she end up here, how did she get Syna's mark. And Eida could start to talk about herself a bit. She looked up at the sky."I had my fall not long time ago. Only a few seasons changed since then. I found myself at a shore with a raven kelvic who still helps me and who is my bondmate now. I have a spidery form at Syna's light, I can't see very well at her shine because I'm a symenestra. Leth saved my life once at the wilds and marked me and asked me to be his priestess. I accepted it gladly and I thought I will be the light to the others... Fool and naive myself... I'm young and still naive but I know he doesn't really want me to be his priestess, he just wanted to protect me this way, guide me and remind me to never forget my ways. I don't know why am I here, all I know I'm belong to the wilds, to the nature. I know what you feel now, I see it on you but I don't feel sadness about it. We lost something although we got something. So what is your history? Why did Syna marked you? What are you here for? "
Eida
Daughter of Leth

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Lacerta on June 27th, 2013, 1:22 pm

In answer to the Eth's question, Lacerta simple gave "I am Lacerta. In this form, I am an Eypharian." She smiled at the compliment, but didn't take it too deep. Really, she didn't care about beauty, and some how felt like the compliment was just... thrown there. However, from the next explanation, she could see that her companion was quite young, so she couldn't really blame the Ethaefal.

She listened carefully to the next speech, and was amazed at how truthful an honest the other Eth was being. She leaned forward, resting on two of her elbows, while listening. She was surprised that her mortal form was a Symenestra, since they were hated in Riverfall, but at least she wasn't male... that would have been instant death. As an answer, she began a story of her own, feeling slightly more talkative. "I fell..." She paused for a moment, thinking. "More than 380 years ago. Since then, I have sailed to many a place, and learnt quite a bit. Syna marked me partially because I was a daughter of hers, but partially because of my constant love of her light... at the time, I was..." Another pause. "Maybe 70. I'd lived a decent life, longer than most, and Syna deemed it appropriate that she mark me." She finished, sort of trailing off with her story as she thought. Hers wasn't as dramatic, or emotional, as the other Eths, but really... she didn't remember too much from the times before. When she was much younger...

"Are you asking why I'm here, now? I'm in Riverfall because of the Syka expedition, where I'll be joining them..." she added, having forgotten about the last part. She shrugged, gazing off into the distance for no particular reason at all.

Common
Fravata
Arumenic
Someone else
Lacerta

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Eida on June 28th, 2013, 3:51 pm

Eypharian. Maybe she heard that before and she saw multiple armed people but never really interacted with them. She listenned to her short story. She also loved the sun's light but she could never enjoyed as she wanted to becuase of her symenestra's eyes. She was staring at the glowing stones. Priskil's followers kept them shining.... Hope. She smiled and laughed a little bit. She looked at Lacerta."Pardon me... I didn't laugh at you. You know I always thought I will be the hope of light for others. Clearly I'm not... Priskil is the one who takes care of that job. Naive me. And I envy you a little."

She took a pause. As the other girl mentioned this expedetion. She had somewhere to go to do something. But that wasn't something for Eida she couldn't join. She had to find her purpose on this world again.
"You have somewhere to go, to discover something... And I have to find my ways again. I have no fear, I will find it. Obviously I just have to open my eyes...... Tell me why do we feel that around our sisters and brothers? Our life can be wonderful, my life is a little hard still I see joy in it. But then why? Because I know you clearly have that feeling now and that's why you want me to go further away from you."

She wasn't sure if she was rude with that. But that was the truth and she didn't know the reason behind it. She felt that when she was falling and found herself in the waters. She was so lost and confused but she found a good friend there, her lover. Still everytime she has met with her kind she felt that. Even thought she was happy and didn't really suffer from it as she didn't care.
Eida
Daughter of Leth

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Lacerta on June 29th, 2013, 12:36 pm

Lacerta listened to the other's words with slight confusion, but tried to hide it none the less. Still, she attempted to comfort Eida by saying "It's not always Priskil's job, and if you try... you can succeed. But why do you envy me? I'm curious about that" It was slightly confusing to talk to this Eth, as she spoke so formally, and it was almost.... contagious. She had to keep reminding herself to speak normally, though for no reason she could exactly identify.

As the woman spoke, it was still quite confusing to listen to. She was obviously a very... philosophical soul, and her words took a little deciphering. She ran the words over in her head several times over, thinking on them. So... she wants to find her way again? Maybe because she was so young. She mentioned something about opening your eyes... which confused the older Eth, so she decided to ignore it, for simplicity's sake. She thought up an answer, before finally saying something.

"I... well, you should know this, but being with another Eth reminds me of our time with Syna and Leth... and it kind of makes me sad... and lonely, even though it's with company. I believe many of our kind feel the same way. Also... to be honest, the reason I'm being slightly anti-social right now is because I'm getting sleepy..." She'd added the last part in as an explanation for her rude behavior, which she slightly regretted now. She sincerely hoped that Eida would understand this, and wouldn't be too offended. Lacerta leaned back against the bench, and gazed at the dark sky above them. She began picking out various little stars, and watched the moon for a while as well, lost in thought. She loved the beauty of the sun, and the day, but sometimes night was beautiful too. It was an excellent display of the two god's love, and was something that just... made her smile.

Common
Fravata
Arumenic
Someone else
Lacerta

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Eida on July 2nd, 2013, 11:54 am

She nodded on the statement. Still it was true she wasn't here for that. If she was his god wouldn't choose that form for her. She was sure about it. And she felt a little bad for the other Ethaefal. Eida didn't want to make her sad but she didn't want to hide. She did too much in this city."Because you have goals... I lost mine. I don't know why am I here. I need to find the new reason for my life. " And it was true. And she didn't really understand what is she doing in that city either. Full of confusion for herself like she was a masochist or something.

The time being when they could walk together with either Syna or Leth was trully wonderful. But she couldn't remember. Only strange feelings and little shards of from her memory. She didn't care, everyone can say what they want, their gods and goddesses were still there. And Leth and Syna are the closer than anyone. They are on the sky looking down to their fallen children. That made her think she didn't lost them. And with Leth she had a connection through her mark."And do you really think everything changed now? I mean you mere marked by the Sun Goddess, I was marked by the Moon God. Isn't that a proof? A proof which shows they are still with us, and they take care of us? They are on the sky, every day and every night! "

She was even pointing to the sky, to Leth. Her opalescent skin reflected to Moon's light and so did her mark. And looking at the moon, it was romantic with her kelvic.

Eida
Daughter of Leth

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Lacerta on July 2nd, 2013, 12:52 pm

Lacerta snorted unintentionally at the comment about goals, then sighed sadly. "I hope you realize" she told the Eth, "That I spent a very... very... long time doing absolutely nothing. I had no goals. Sure, I wondered in the back of my head why I'd fallen, and how I could get back... but nothing more than that. I first started to try something when I left the Suvan and headed to Lhavit. It was an amazing experience there... soon after I left, I sailed up the other coast of Mizahar, even as far north as Nyka... it took me a while to figure out a goal for myself, but I figured it out eventually." She hoped this was consolation for the younger woman. It had also felt... very philosophical, and soul reaching. This was turning out to be a very strange conversation...

She gazed blankly into her hands, considering this, when she heard Eida speak again. It was a pretty optimistic point of view, to tell the truth, something she didn't really expect from a younger Eth. When she'd fallen... it had been a horrible time, with her days in the heavens still fresh in her mind. Now it had all sort of faded, and though she missed the place, she was used to the mortal world as well. If she was offered the chance... she wasn't entirely sure if she'd leave. She was growing attatched to this place... to her boat, to her flute, her music. She would hate to give it all up. Lacerta sighed once more and spoke softly. "True... and you are incredibly optimistic. It's good to be like that... I certainly wasn't at your age..." This brought up a snort, and a thought about an old grandfather lecturing a child.

She leaned back and gazed at the moon again, wondering what next comment the Ethaefal would have for her. At least the last one wasn't so hard to decipher. Lacerta had to stifle a giggle at this, though she wasn't quite sure why she was so prone to laughter today... this brought back the melancholy, and another quiet sigh.
Lacerta

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Eida on July 4th, 2013, 10:54 am

She leaned her head on her hand while she was listening to her. What a terrible fate is that. No goal is like no life, at least it wasn't for her... and not for anyone. She sighed on that. "Some people worries about Death. But they don't know Dira is not someone who you should be afraid of. There are other worse things to worry about: No goals. And not only you are bored... bored with your life but that pain which makes oyu suffer. How can somebody live without a purpose..." As soon as she said she looked at Lacerta. Them, the ethaefals. She felt bad that she said it but that was true. Many of them aren't thinking like her.

While her head turned to Lacerta with her eyes took a quick look at Leth. If she just could understand why have they chosen them. Or just could remember those times when she was with her god... "...And that's us!"she continued."Leth and Syna sent us for a reason which they don't tell... we have to search for it. Although they believe in us for sure. They know we can do it or they wouldn't send us would they? " She smiled on that and was staring at the shining stones.

On the age, she shrugged. Age meant nothing for them they didn't really become old neither young. They just had experience and maturity which came with the time. "You lived in a different time and.... why would I cry for something that I didn't really lost? And if we are here there are many more things to do than mourning for our celestial life." At least she didn't miss it so much. Mortal life could be exciting, interesting, beautiful as well. It was harder for them but they lived as mortal once and that's why they were chosen by their deities.

Eida
Daughter of Leth

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Lacerta on July 5th, 2013, 12:38 pm

Lacerta listened to Eida once again, thinking up an answer. This was actually turning out to be a very interesting discussion..."It's possible to live without a purpose. A big purpose, I mean. There's always the little things. Working, getting food, talking to people... they don't have to be big. Living itself is a purpose. Some people find fashion the most intriguing thing in the world. And maybe it is, to them. As long as something catches your eye... that's a purpose." She drained off once more, loosing herself in thought. It was how she'd gone around for all those years. Sail to Riverfall, sail to Yaheba, sail to Kenash, sail to... wherever she wanted to go. That was her purpose. She did nothing to change anything for anyone but herself, and just let the years go by. She hadn't minded, and on occasion she'd had a few interesting adventures...

The Eth frowned slightly at the next comment. "I'm not entirely sure they sent us. Who knows. I felt more like... I was being ripped out, rather than sent. I would rather not think that Syna would have liked me to be attempting to swim through the ocean for several days..." She thought on this, trying to think up another answer.

However, Eida began speaking again, and she thought on this, too. "You really are optimistic.." she muttered to herself, repeating her previous statement. It wasn't meant in a bad way, just as a comparison to other Eth she had met... even Forsaken. "I have met a few... called the Forsaken... who took the falling badly. As the name says, they have forsaken their gods, with some consqeuences. Their horns and hair do not change color with the seasons, and they do not share our ability to age things..." She hoped this was a good explanation to the other Ethaefal. The woman probably hadn't met any of this kind of their race, or anyone particularly depressed with the fall...

Quite randomly, she leaned down to a blade of grass and touched one finger to it, and tried to age the plant a day. However, nothing happened, because she'd forgotten she didn't have that power at night. The Eth smirked quietly, before adding as a side comment "But you certainly wont turn out that way... especially from what I'm hearing..." Lacerta looked up and gave the younger Eth a small grin, before leaning back against the bench and sighing.
Last edited by Lacerta on July 27th, 2013, 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lacerta

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Next