[Location] The Captain's Hall

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A village cut off from the rest of Mizahar by the Valterrian, slowly reestablishing contact with the outside world.

Postby Tabarnac on July 20th, 2010, 8:23 pm

"If he isn't waiting for you outside, then just ask passersby to direct you to Mihai's house. They will surely give you directions or guide you home. I hope you enjoy your stay here in Denval, Master Aviastas. If you'll excuse me, I'll see to the paperwork."

With that she strode through a door and up a flight of stairs.
Tabarnac
god of carnage

Words: 346698
Joined roleplay: May 26th, 2010, 3:06 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 5
Featured Contributor (1) Trailblazer (1)
Advocate (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Alodian Aviastas on July 20th, 2010, 9:15 pm

When Astrid left, Alodian turned and walked back out the way he had come in, in hopes to find Mihai. He found that Astrid was an interesting bird, and that he would definitely have to get to know her better.
Alodian Aviastas
The Wandering Healer

Words: 38674
Joined roleplay: July 5th, 2010, 2:24 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Peer Reviewer (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Marius on July 24th, 2010, 9:04 pm

18th of Summer, 510 AV

“Gerroff, you urchin!” Marius slammed the door in the child’s face. So far, the children of Denval had treated him in a most abominable manner. He didn’t care what language they spoke; no meant no. Even the thought of the grubby little fingers tugging at his velvets made him shiver. Didn’t they import soap to this godforsaken place?

Composing himself, Marius studied the room. It was quite pleasant, if a little bare. Well, no matter. Marius had brought an impeccable sense of fashion in addition to his mining expertise. A touch of paint there, a silk hanging here, and all would be redeemed. But wait – he hadn’t time to consider such fripperies. He needed to speak with the captain.

“Come out, come out, wherever you are!” Marius crooned. He was curious to meet the leader of the settlement. Although the children were liberal with their grime, they hadn’t been forthcoming with details. Oh, the anticipation! Marius could scarcely wait.
Marius
Give us a kiss!

Words: 26675
Joined roleplay: July 24th, 2010, 5:06 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Tabarnac on July 25th, 2010, 5:08 am

Marius was left to his own devices for a few minutes. To be sure, he had been seen and his presence reported. Captain Astrid left certain business to her secretary and walked downstairs into the Hall. What she found was a man not much taller than she was, dressed in velvet and a possibly self-important air. She swallowed her gut reaction; many still thought of Denval as a backwater and her people as rubes. There was always the hope that this one wasn't like those people, and anyway, diplomacy was key.

"Hello," she said, her alto strong and warm. "Welcome to Denval."
Tabarnac
god of carnage

Office
Scrapbook
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Marius on July 25th, 2010, 4:24 pm

From the moment he spied the captain, Marius was in love. Oh, how could he have ever doubted the merits of Denval? Even the beauties of Zeltiva paled in comparison to this woman’s radiance. And her hair! Kissed by fire, it was. She was as a goddess among a clutch of stoats, and Marius wanted her to bear his children. “My dear, you look sublime!” he swooped in and planted a kiss on the back of her hand. “We simply must get to know each other better – I am quite certain of that. But where are my manners?”

“Allow me to introduce myself,” Marius dipped into an elegant bow. “Marius Mero, at your service. I am late of Zeltiva, a city the rest of my illustrious lineage calls home. But not me! I have determined to settle in Denval, my dear, so that I might swell our collective fortunes. How, you might ask? Well, I am an explorer… of sorts. My talents are of a unique nature, extending to the discovery, charting and extraction of ore from subterranean caverns. In short, I am a miner,” he beamed. “Minerals are in my blood. And to speak candidly, I am convinced there are vast deposits of ore in the region surrounding this settlement – a veritable trove that has not, as of yet, been exploited. Hence, I have arrived to locate these deposits. But first, I think I would like to tunnel through that unsightly mountain of rubble. Imagine the discoveries that lie within!”

“I am also,” Marius added in a more subdued tone, “quite fond of bats.”
Marius
Give us a kiss!

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Tabarnac on July 26th, 2010, 5:16 am

Astrid put up with his overblown manners with good grace. Her dress and form were rather androgynous, and while some might honestly consider her beautiful, most considered her strange and striking. This suited her fine. When the time came for her to produce offspring, she would have her pick of men. Sometimes it was good being Captain.

"Ah, a Zeltivan miner? You are indeed welcome among us," she said, her smile sincere. "I take it you have heard of our ambitious Road or do the gods merely smile upon us by sending you here?"

Her mind was always working, looking for ways to fit newcomers into her plans for Denval. She figured they were gifts from Priskil like the marks on the backs of her hands, each person a new ray of hope that might lead to a new golden age for her people.

"In any case, how can I help you?"
Tabarnac
god of carnage

Office
Scrapbook
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Marius on July 26th, 2010, 9:05 pm

“Oh, the gods have a reason,” Marius raised an eyebrow, “and it is not so I can bring the road to completion. Do you believe in destiny, m’dear? I don’t, of course – but it’s tempting. Very tempting indeed.” Clearly the captain was playing hard to get, but then again, so was Marius. If he hadn’t been so smitten he would have proposed copulation. As ever, Marius cared little for discretion.

“As for help,” Marius licked his lips, “I am in need of… lodging. It is a matter I would resolve with expedience, as to avoid rented rooms and suspicious sheets. Or indeed, the soiling of said linens. In my sojourn in Syliras, I regret to say the name Marius Mero was a curse upon the lips of the city’s washerwomen. Too much dirt, you see. Far too much.”

“Second,” Marius continued, “is the matter of employment. Contrary to my façade, I am a hard worker. Indeed, I’d wager you’ll seldom find me not delving through rock. It is one of the three loves of my life, and a task I would perform without wages. But one must also eat to live. If welcomed, I would negotiate a contract for my services,” Marius finished. And then extracted a packet of dried fruit from his pocket. “Care for a date?” he offered.
Marius
Give us a kiss!

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Tabarnac on July 27th, 2010, 4:28 pm

"I believe Lhex and Tanroa know quite a bit more about the future than they are willing to let on," she said amiably. "Ah, and as to lodging. I hold title to several vacant homes in town. It might be easier to make me your landlady, though my secretary will of course do most of the work. I can also hire you to work on the road. Much of the work is menial, clearing rock and debris, but we have already uncovered several caves that might become mines if, after being explored, viable veins of ore are discovered. If any of this interests you, a contract is negotiable."

She shook her head no.

"Thank you, but I have already broken my fast."
Tabarnac
god of carnage

Office
Scrapbook
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Marius on July 27th, 2010, 8:47 pm

“A pity,” Marius beamed as he popped a fruit into his mouth. “They’re quite delicious. But I would be quite delighted to enter into a tenant’s pact with you, m’dear. I assume that I must also obtain title to the section of rubble where I intend to construct a more permanent residence”

“As for work,” he continued, “I daresay this ‘menial’ labor you speak of is but an artifice of the idle. I would be delighted to clear the road to Sultros. As for the caves, let me assure you that no crevice – large or small – shall escape the scrutiny of Marius Mero.”
Marius
Give us a kiss!

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Tabarnac on July 29th, 2010, 3:52 pm

"Had you come a bit earlier, you might have tasted some of my cherries, but alas, the remains have already been turned into preserves." She smiled blandly.

"I shall assign you, then, a residence near the Road for your convenience until you decide on a plot of land upon which to build your own castle. When your skills have been assessed, we can discuss the caves and their possible bounties. Rest assured, in many ways Denval is a meritocracy. Prove your worth and you shall be amply rewarded. We aim to attract gifted settlers and naturalize them."

Clearly, Denval made no bones about its plans.

OOCFeel free to assume a residence per the Starting Package, and after Marius has done a bit of time on the Road, I have ideas for training and adventure that we can talk about in PM.
Tabarnac
god of carnage

Office
Scrapbook
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

PreviousNext