Completed [Jungle Wilds] Tiny Mage, Giant Wrestler (Mamoru)

D-do y-you think you c-can intimidate me?!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This is Falyndar at its finest. Danger lurks everywhere - in the ground, in the trees, in the bush. Only the strongest survive...

Moderator: Gossamer

[Jungle Wilds] Tiny Mage, Giant Wrestler (Mamoru)

Postby Soshakuakamamushi on July 1st, 2013, 4:18 pm

Soshakuakamamushi

The Jungles of Falyndar, 22nd of Bell, 7th of Summer 513 A.V

Hungry, Aka was hungry, she hadn't eat for three days straight now. She was lost and tired in this strange environment, thick vegetations and wet jungle floor were all around her. She didn't know how she arrived here, all she knew was that she kept running south from the city of Alvadas after... that tragedy she caused, the tragedy that costed the life of Galbern, a Nuit mage and her mentor. Aka wanted to run away from all that, she got nothing left to lose now; her nest was slaughtered by Chaktawes and her mentor was dead because of her own stupidity.

"Gah!" Aka tripped and fell down face-first to a small pool of mud. "Ahak! Eeeew!" She quickly lifted herself and rubbed her own face to clean them, but it just spread to her arms and clothes now. She hated this place, the thick vegetation, the annoying loud insects, and the grumbling sounds of her stomach. Aka looked down to her body, her usual black dress was crumpled haphazardly and smeared with mud. "Aaaaaah!" She punched the ground, causing mud to splash everywhere; a part of her mind wanted to just lie down and die, but her prideful Dhani mentality viewed it as the coward's way out and Aka was not a coward.

Alright... alright... I need to think this with a clear mind... She looked around her and found out she was located in a small clearing, perfect for a campsite. Aka decided to camp here for the night, she would continue to think about all this tomorrow. She put down her backpack in a dry ground and proceeded to set up her tent.

"Huff..." After setting it up, Aka proceeded to gather some twigs and branches for her campfire. After she created a large enough pile of wood, Aka rubbed her hands together and focused her Djed, she used her Reimancy to create a wet gel of Res, she then held out her hands and transmuted the Res into a small stream of flame; burning the wood and created her campfire.

Aka then proceeded to take out the dried meat from her rations, and used a small wooden stick to make a shish-kebab. She sat down beside her campfire and put the stick near the fire, cooking the meat. "Sigh..." She heaved an exasperated sigh, why was Fate so cruel to her?

"common" | "snake-tongue" | "arumenic" | thoughts

Important Note: Aka is currently pregnant (with eggs, being a Dhani) at the moment and as such, her belly is slightly bulging and she moves noticeably slower than usual.
Soshakuakamamushi
Inferno Viper Queen

Words: 654684
Joined roleplay: June 30th, 2013, 7:14 pm
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Overlored (1) Zinrah Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Kalesserimamoru on July 1st, 2013, 8:55 pm

Mamuro had left the nest some time ago and went off to track howler monkeys. He had seen these creatures before when he was out hunting and taken an interest in them. They could move just as fast and easily through the trees as he could through the forest floor. In some cases they were even faster. The trickster was interested by this and wanted to learn how they did it. The dhani along with his brothers and sisters were forever in a battle with the Myrians and he looked to take any and all advantages that he could.

But there was something else behind it, Mamuro liked things that were different, things that weren't normal and otherwise boring. Living the life of a Dhani who rarely left the nest and spent all their time in the dark wasn't for him. Why should it be, he wondered? Mamuro could move just as easily through the lands as the Myrians did, as long as he was careful. He studied them as often as he could and any other being that might prove useful in times when he needed to morph into another. The nest was his home, but he couldn't stay put for long and wouldn't.

There was a whole jungle out there and he wanted to see it all, or most of it. He moved through the jungle in his Dhani form as for the time, it was his preferred form. He was far enough away from the nest to avoid any serious Myrian encounters, and if he ran into a few he was sure that he could handle them all. The search continued, the Dhani followed the trail of what he assumed was left from the monkeys that he was tracking. There were leaves and twigs hanging loose from the trees above and some dropping off and peeling away onto the jungle floor.

Something was in the trees, or had been to make such a mess. Mamuro decided that he would have a look from above to see things from their perspective. The Dhani slithered against the tree, then using his arms to help lift himself he worked his way up into the tree and settled in. It was a very different sight from up so high and he could see much further out than he could before while on the ground. But, for the time..he saw no monkeys.

But there was something, a smell in the air, smoke. He could sense a rising heat coming from somewhere below and close by. Mamuro slithered his way along the thick branches and coiled himself tightly to keep himself from falling off. Soon enough he latched himself onto another tree and slithered around the thick bark and glanced down below. There was a woman....camping....in the jungle.

"What...Isss Thisss?"

He stared at the woman while being very still so that he wouldn't alert her to his presence in the trees. She didn't look Myrian, she looked human and she was alone. Or was she? It would take a fool, or someone very bold to camp out in the opening in the jungle. Mamuro waited a while and observed her more, what she did and if anyone else arrived. When he was sure that she was alone, he decided to play with her just to see what she would do. The trickster began to cackle and the gnosis on his neck started to glow as it reached out to the sounds that the woman would hear and created an illusion of an echo.

"Hahahahah.."

Mamuro's voice would be carried around the clearing , seeming as if it were bouncing off the trees and back into her ears. But through it all she could hear him clearly and yet she wouldn't be able to tell where it was coming from. His voice rang out in the common tongue since he wasn't sure what it was that she spoke.

"Hey...you there..."

"Do youss sseek death?"

"Camping alone..in the jungless"

"Myrianses here, they see you they eat you.."

"Everything happens out of necessity."
Kalesserimamoru
Just a simple snake

Words: 450418
Joined roleplay: June 1st, 2013, 3:10 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Featured Thread (1)

Postby Soshakuakamamushi on July 2nd, 2013, 3:16 am

Soshakuakamamushi

After weeks of constant tripping, falling, crashing into trees, and misery. Aka finally found a rare moment where she could just sit down, enjoy the campfire warmth, and waiting for her dinner to be properly cooked. But her streaks of bad luck was not over yet, proven by the haunting voice that echoed in the clearing; the eerie deep nature sounded like a male ghost was haunting her. Aka felt goosebumps all round her neck and her eyes widened in surprise.

"W-w-w-who... w-who's there?!" Aka stood up and looked all around in the clearing in panic, but as usual, she tried to appear brave and confident... and as usual, it was not really working. "Hah... eeek..." Her whimpers were starting to show, she couldn't locate the owner of the voice in this darkness; the fire she created were not enough to lit the entire clearing or the trees above.

"Hey...you there... Do youss sseek death?"

Huh? The sibilant nature of the voice did not go unnoticed by Aka. Most, if not all, Dhanis spoke like that, was the voice belonged to another Dhani? Or was it a Dhani ghost? Aka shouted back to the trees "H-hey! Y-you are a D-dhani, right? I... I'm as well!" She hoped the voice would believe her and showed himself.

"Camping alone..in the jungless Myrianses here, they see you they eat you.."

"Hi?!" That brought another set of goosebumps to Aka, those cannibalistic race lived here?! Aka didn't need this, she didn't need all of this. First, her nest was slaughtered; second, her mentor was murdered... by herself; third, she was lost, tired, and hungry in the middle of an unknown jungle; and finally, a mysterious voice was telling her that there are Myrians here. "Ah.. n-no! Nooooo! W-w-what should I do?" She was starting to break down again, what could a single Viper do against those brutish warriors?

"P-please... help me..." She pleaded on whoever the owner of the voice was a strong and mighty Dhani, one who could protect her.

Important Note: Aka is currently pregnant (with eggs, being a Dhani) at the moment and as such, her belly is slightly bulging and she moves noticeably slower than usual.
Soshakuakamamushi
Inferno Viper Queen

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Kalesserimamoru on July 3rd, 2013, 12:58 am

A Dhani she said she was, Mamuro found this interesting given her nature and behavior. No Dhani that he had ever met could be frightened so easily. She also appeared smaller than any other female that he knew of, though that in itself wasn't all that strange. More to the point, a Dhani in the jungle calling to the trees and admitting to being a Dhani, with so many Myrians around? She was either lying, very bold, or just had a death wish.

"Are you really a Dhani? Sso far out here, and alone?"

Mamuro continued to work his gnosis, holding the illusion of the echo to send his voice above, and around her to keep her confused. He slowly lowered himself from the branch that he clung to, and slithered around the trunk of the tree. The trickster peeked out at the girl from the shadows and called to her more.

"Have you no fear? Do you like being haunted? There are beastses about and they love nothing better than fresssh meat."

He cackled lightly, enjoying the game that he was playing. He wasn't all together sure what she really was, and in truth, Mamuro was hungry. Perhaps he would toy with her a bit more before he would swallow her whole. The Dhani flicked his tongue from his mouth and licked his lips. His claws dung into the side of the tree creating marks alone the bark as he slithered to rest on the jungle floor. He was silent for a moment, as the girl started to speak and suddenly started to cackle again from her words.

"Help you? From what, may I asssk. You seem to be doing fine on your own, and that fire iss likely to call creaturesss from all around to your location. Heh..that'sss why I'm here."

With his voice fading away into the distance, Mamuro released the illusion of his voice and created another one. This one was the illusion of sight and effected what the girl would see. The fire that she created started to glow with a blueish tent, and in the mist of the flames a face began to appear...Mamuro's face.

Kalesserimamoru
Just a simple snake

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Featured Thread (1)

Postby Soshakuakamamushi on July 3rd, 2013, 4:33 pm

Soshakuakamamushi

The voice was questioning her, well... she couldn't really blame him. She was in her human form and looked pretty much human except for her slit pupils. She had to make the voice believe her somehow... wait! What if this voice belonged to a Myrian or a monster who eats Dhanis for breakfast? Her declaring herself as a Dhani would not be a correct move then, but the sibilant nature of the voice made her weigh towards admitting her true nature.

"Y-yesss, sssee? I also ssspeak like thiss... eh..." Aka's words came out awkward, for some reason, her speech was not as ssslurred as most other Dhanis. It must be the effect of speaking so much Common for eight years straight in her time spent with Galbern, Aka didn't know it was a good or bad thing given her current situation.

"F-fear? H-haunted? H-hahaha! Haha! D-don't make me laugh!" Aka was desperately trying to hide her growing panic, she would be damned if some monster was to eat her; she wanted an honorable death, not ending as shyke in some monster's stomach. "I... I'm a reimancer! I will fry them all!" Aka decided to boast about her ability and hopefully it would deter this being away... or whoever/whatever else was watching her.

"Huh? Fire..." Aka looked at the little campfire she created, she literally facepalmed herself. How could I be so stupid? This jungle was surely far more dangerous than the outskirts of Alvadas, no guards or patrol could be seen and monster lurked in every corner.

As she opened her eyes, what happened next made her cold-blooded muscles tensed up in shock. The campfire she created suddenly turn bluish and made a ghastly shape... the shape of an unknown face. "H-hyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!" Aka screamed with all her might and she immediately doused the flame with her reimancy, creating some Res on her hands and used it to gather some dirt and covered the campfire with it, extinguishing the flames.

"Ha.... ha..." She gasped in shock, at least the demonic flame was gone, but now... she was all alone in the dark... with only the mysterious voice to keep her company. No.. no no no no! I don't want to die! Aka gulped hard and created more Res on her hands, ready to ignite them into fireballs at the first hostile movement she could saw.
Last edited by Soshakuakamamushi on July 19th, 2013, 5:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Soshakuakamamushi
Inferno Viper Queen

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Kalesserimamoru on July 4th, 2013, 4:49 am

This woman, Dhani, whatever she was, it was obvious that she wasn't from the jungle, unless she had lived her life under a rock somewhere. She continued to voice aloud that she was a Dhani, even changing her manner of speech to mirror his. She wasn't a normal Dhani, and he wasn't sure of type she was either. But there was something else about her that interested him. A reimancer, it seemed that she enjoyed using magic just as he did.

"Reimancses hmm? Reimancses be dangerousss. Causes death even to usserss."

Mamuro was a bit of a reimancer himself, although he preferred the magic of Morphing and Hypnotism to the use of res. She was a character for sure, and Mamuro was going to enjoy this for as long as he could keep her there. The trickster continued to hide himself in the shadows and staring out at the girl from afar. He chuckled to himself after she freaked from his illusion and put out her fire. They were surrounded in darkness now, but he could still see her.

The heat from her body was visible and the more that she moved, the greater the heat became around her. He wasn't sure what he wanted to do with her, or if he should go about his way and leave her to the jungle. Then she did something to catch his eye..was he mistaken? Was she reading to attack?

"What will you do now sstranger? Can you ssee? Can you ssee me?"

Mamuro cackled again and raised his hands as he caused his own res to rise from inside and coil into his palms as if it were a snake. Once he had enough, the trickster transmuted the res into the form of water. He clinched his fist and caused a tiny splash within his palms and rubbed them together. Mamuro thought to himself for a moment, and of what tricks could he do next. Suddenly there was a noise near by, a rustling in the leaves. The Dhani sniffed the air and flicked his tongue out to test it also. Something was near by and whatever it was...it had stopped.

"Here comesss trouble..."

Kalesserimamoru
Just a simple snake

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Featured Thread (1)

Postby Soshakuakamamushi on July 4th, 2013, 7:47 pm

Soshakuakamamushi

The voice warned her about the dangers of Reimancy, Aka knew that of course, Galbern was an experienced mage Nuit and he taught her all about the dangers of overgiving. What intrigued her was the fact that this voice was warning her, this confuses Aka on whether to deem the voice as friendly or hostile. She decided to get on his good side. "I know, I know... master taught me all about it..."

The voice then taunted her again, he was really getting on her nerves; her fear started to face, replaced by annoyance and frustration. "What I'm gonna do?! I'm going to..." She suddenly extended her hands to her front and opened them up in a claw-like fashion, two fireballs sparked in each of her palms "...burn you to a crisp! I'll find you, alright..." her scarlet eyes darted left and right. Ah... damn, if only I'm in my Dhani form, I could track him better... then again, what if he's a ghost?

"Wha?!" The sudden rustling of leaves brought Aka's attention to the sound's direction and on instinct, she the fireball in her right hand to that particular direction. "Dieeeee!" She closed her eyes and ignited the ball, making it burn brighter and uncontrollable to her now. She hoped it would hit something and burn whatever was there.

Soshakuakamamushi
Inferno Viper Queen

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Kalesserimamoru on July 4th, 2013, 11:41 pm

Mamuro watched the girl and slithered around to the other side of the tree. He wanted to know how she planned to find him, and what would she do if she did. Depending on what he decided, he could make himself appear as anyone or anything. He could even make himself invisible if he chose too. She was, after all in a jungle that he was familiar with and she was not. There were endless advantages that he could use, but for the time, he was content with watching her flail around.

"All too much fun.."

When he sensed the animal near-by, the girl really started to panic and fired a fireball into the night. He wasn't sure if it had hit any target, until the animal crept forward a bit more. Mamuro stared into the shadows and suddenly found himself chuckling from what he saw. It was a cat, a big cat, but nothing like a tiger at least. The animal stirred around in the brush as it watched the girl curiously.

"Frightened of catsss?"

He asked the girl and his gaze bounced between her and the animal that was still hiding in the brush. "Maybe, cats likesss you lostss. Want to make friendss.." Mamuro uncoiled himself from the tree and slowly slithered forward to where the shadows barely shielded him. "If your ssso scared of everything, you won't make it long here. Tell me thiss at least. Where did you come from and who isss master?"

Kalesserimamoru
Just a simple snake

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Featured Thread (1)

Postby Soshakuakamamushi on July 5th, 2013, 2:58 pm

Soshakuakamamushi

"Huff... huff..." Aka looked at where the fireball launched and it hit a poor brush, igniting it into flames. The previous stalking cat immediately hissed in fear of the flames and escaped the area. Aka heard the sounds caused by the retreat, she sighed in relief; at least that one was of no concern... for now at least.

"Frightened of catsss?"

The voice was still there, but it sounded much more normal and didn't have the ghostly echoing property now. Oh... so that was a cat... Aka turned to the direction of the voice, now easier to spot due to the lack of echo. She held out her remaining fireball and squinted her eyes, she spotted the outline of a giant figure and it... terrified her. "Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!" Her mind couldn't process the questions asked by the voice and she threw the fireball to the figure. "Dieeeeeeeeeeeeeee!" She then balled her hand into a fist and the fireball burned violently, heading into the outline.

Soshakuakamamushi
Inferno Viper Queen

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Kalesserimamoru on July 5th, 2013, 5:24 pm

Mamuro was expecting an answer, he was expecting something from the stranger that would tell him if she were lying and what she was doing camping in the jungle. It was a dangerous place filled with unknown threats, even he didn't go out and behave carelessly. But he received no answer when the girl suddenly freaked out and launched a fire ball at him. Mamuro jumped to the side, literally throwing himself into the bushes to escape her blast.

The Dhani slithered in the shadows, coiling himself between trees and over fallen logs until he found himself coming up from behind her. Mamuro flicked his tongue out again and hissed at the girl, his body once again appearing from the shadows and into the very dim light cast from above. Now it was his turn to show her his power. The gnosis on his neck began to glow and Mamuro lifted up his hand where a spiraling light appeared that suddenly burst into a ball of fire. He lifted his other hand then and another ball of fire was created of the same size as the other.

"You'd made a missstake little one. Did you think it wasss eassy?"

Mamuro lifted himself up on his tail to reach his full height and brought both of his hands together. The balls of fire fused together creating an even bigger ball of flames that almost covered his body completely. He cackled as he stared down at the girl, the huge ball of fire ripping and swirling between his hands, the illusion of vapors licking out towards the girl.

"I could end you eassly. Your fireballsss are no match for me!!"

Kalesserimamoru
Just a simple snake

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Featured Thread (1)

Next