You Reap What You Sow [OPEN]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The westernmost tip of Kalea, Wind Reach is home to an amazing group of people and their giant eagle mounts. [Lore]

Postby Rhian on August 2nd, 2010, 8:48 pm

Kellan worked as efficiently as a man of his skill could. The bandages were tight, but not overly constricting. Rhian was grateful; the stinging was all but gone and only a dull pain remained. "I'll remember that," She nodded at his advice, "much obliged friend."

Making sure the small envelop that has cost her all of this was still inside her bundle of clothes, she began dressing, pulling the small top over her head. "Endal!" She called before Kellan could run away. "Where are you going in such a hurry?"
Rhian
I'm sure there's a moral in here...

Words: 12003
Joined roleplay: July 16th, 2010, 3:02 pm
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet

Postby Kellan Lucia on August 2nd, 2010, 9:55 pm

Kellan turned when the girl called his name. "I'm not going anywhere. I was just letting you get dressed in peace. I wouldn't want to infringe on your privacy would I?" he said poking fun at her small outburst earlier. She was a confusing girl. At first she was trying to push him away and now she was calling for him to come back. What exactly did this girl want?

Kellan walked back into the baths and looked at Nova. She was now fully dressed and certainly looking better than she did when he found her. Kellan really did not know what to do now though. He had patched her up and cleaned her wounds, what else was there to do? He could not offer to take her to lunch, she was not an Endal so she would not be able to sit with him. "So miss Nova, now that I have saved your life, what else do you want to do today?" he asked with a smile.
Daylight again, following me to bed
I think about a hundred years ago, how my fathers bled
I think I see a valley, covered with bones in blue
All the brave soldiers that cannot get older been asking after you
Hear the past a calling, from Valterian's side
When everyone's talking and no one is listening, how can we decide?
Kellan Lucia
5'6 OF GINGER FURY!!!!!

Words: 113386
Joined roleplay: June 10th, 2010, 7:05 pm
Character sheet

Postby Rhian on August 6th, 2010, 1:27 pm

This was hardly the time for false modesty, but Rhian decided against voicing that thought aloud. Kellan was a prickly little thing, and she sensed his pride and sense of honour could be hurt very easily. Rhian needed to be on his good side if she was to have any chance of using him. "You do that. A lady needs to maintain her sense of... ladieness." How fortunate that Rhian did not consider herself such. She was a spider, spinning her web of people and puppets, and no one likes spiders. Maybe not so fortunate after all.

"I just..." She began when he returned, feinting hesitation. She shuffled a foot across the bare stonework. "I just thought you might want to know why this was done to me. You… you deserve to know, and I owe you a lot; not many people would help a stranger, least of all their inferiors." A smile now would ruin everything, and it was hard not to smile. "I discovered some incriminating facts about one of your fellows, and told him I'll report." Better to look stupid and brave than shrewd. "He sent a group of dek after me. I think I'm lucky he only ordered them to beat me." The implied meaning was clear, and Rhian didn't bother hiding the shudder of fear that went through her.

She hated that faceless man. I hope you die. I hope you die. I hope you die. She'd never hated her father as much as she did at that moment. She envisioned a sword she never bothered to wield pierce her father's black heart. I hope you die. I hope you die. I hope you die. The words rolled over and over, an endless mantra, as if she could make them come true through sheer force of will. I hope you die. I hope you die. I hope you die. The tears she'd held back during the brutal thrashing and Kellan's meeting finally came, hot drops streaming down her swollen face.
Rhian

Character sheet

Postby Kellan Lucia on August 28th, 2010, 9:35 pm

OOCSorry this took so long
The woman was truly a sight to behold. She seemed to jump from one personality to the next. First she was a girl who did not want to be helped and now she seemed to be this fragile girl. Kellan did not know what to make of her. She made a comment about one of his fellow Endal. She said he was the reason behind her wounds. It killed him to see a girl in so much pain but he could not interfear with another Endal's business. Just as his comrades did not interfear when Toran died and when his family seemed to erupt in emotional flames he could not butt into this issue. "I'm sorry that this happened to you." He felt bad that he could not do anything for her but what could he do?

The girl's face seemed to burn with anger after she talked about the man who called the attack on her. It was truly an odd event. It was a rare event that an Endal ever called on a dek to do his dirty work. He was surprised that the Endal did not just take her out himself. Life was rough here and most of the time if a rider had an issue with someone they would settled it fast with a knife in the chest. All he could think was thank goodness the girl had not been killed. He looked at her and didn't know what to say. He felt bad for his apathy but Endal were not good people to steal from. As one himself he knew that if a girl like her had tried to steal from him she would have had less than a dirty dek to deal with. "Well is there anything else I can help you with?" He did not know what else to say. He was not one to nose around where he was not wanted or even needed.
Kellan Lucia
5'6 OF GINGER FURY!!!!!

Character sheet

Postby Rhian on September 11th, 2010, 3:14 pm

Kellan's words rang hollow but oddly enough, they calmed her. She wiped the hot tears with the back of her bandaged hand and took several deep breaths that brought a measure of tranquility to her soul. It was foolish to shed tears, Wind Reach was a place that respected strength and the only people that mattered were the ones that took what they pleased and got away with it. Tears were a weakness, even if they were tears of anger, and Rhian regretted display the moment it started.

Things would have been so much simpler had she been born a man. The thought alone served to fuel the fire raging inside her and made Rhian restless. Again, she reached for document inside her clothes for reassurance.

The young woman hesitated and reached for Kellan's hand, for comfort as much as gain. "I am not as ignorant as you might think," She began, fire in her eyes. "I was not always a commoner, and I know that you can't interfere on my behalf or help me bring this man down. But..." And here she lingered, the climax of her work, Rhian refused to leave empty handed. "If you were to send me a word about his doings every now and then, it will help me to avoid his thugs next time and protect his other victims. The man goes by the name of Aeron."

She gave his hand a squeeze and fixed her gaze on him. A small laugh came from the bruised lips which made for a rather queer look when coupled with the tear streaks on her face and her overall haggard appearance. "I might live long enough for us to continue frolicking."
Rhian

Character sheet

Postby Kellan Lucia on October 16th, 2010, 9:52 pm

Was this woman crazy? How dare she ask Kellan for inside information about his fellow Endal. Kellan's brows furrowed and he spoke up darkly. "Miss Nova, I don't know who you are or why you need my help but you must notice what you are asking of me. I cannot do that to my fellow Endal. If you are seeking help for spying ask a Dek. I cannot dishonor myself by interfering with yours or another Endal's business." Kellan was take aback by the woman. He wanted to leave. He had the feeling the woman was more trouble than she was worth.

A small squeeze to Kellan's hand alerted him. He pulled his hand away and looked at the woman. "I'm sorry Nova, I cannot do this." He never thought he would see it, a woman he would not flirt with. There she was. He could not keep this up. "Nova, I'm not going to do this. With all due respect no amount of frolicking we can do would be worth ruining my place in the city." Kellan sighed and looked right at Nova. "I'm sorry Nova, I want to say good luck to you but I will not wish ill-will on my fellow Endal." With that Kellan turned to leave. A heavy weight felt as though it had settled on his shoulders. There was now a enemy to the Endal out there and he was worried. Would he be next?
Kellan Lucia
5'6 OF GINGER FURY!!!!!

Character sheet

Postby Flicker on December 22nd, 2010, 5:11 am

Character: Kellan

Skill Experience Award: Medicine +2, Socializing + 5, Seduction + 1, Leadership + 2

Lores: Being a good samaritan, Winning over the surly, Refusing a plea for help, Protecting the boys club, Avoiding stains on the honor

Comments: Kellan, read posts carefully--Nova never said she stole anything, she said that she'd discovered incriminating facts. Be careful of allowing your feelings as the one pulling the strings to affect how Kellan would react. You want him to know what's going on, but the fact is that he doesn't know nearly as much as you do as the reader. Also, be sure to make storytellers start breaking down your socialization skill. For instance, manipulation for when you try to get Kellan to put another character at ease, seductions for the flirting, stuff like that. I think it will help make his CS match the ladies man you want him to be.

Character: Rhian

Skills: Subterfuge + 5, Seduction + 2, Socializing + 5, Manipulation + 2

Lores: Accepting Help, Receiving a beating by a gang, Waking up after being knocked unconscious, Failing at an objective

Comments: Rhian has officially lost her Talon from her late Eagle, she has the beginnings of an alternate identity--Nova who has an enemy of Wind Eagle Rider Aeron and was beat by Dek he sent. She is officially in possession on an envelope of incriminating evidence.

There is a lot to miss in this thread, so I ask that both of you re-read it and make sure you're satisfied with what I've compiled to award. If you find something, feel free to communicate with me via PM or office.
For the GingieBreadHeads ...or those amongst them

Flicker
WHOA! Whatwasthat?!

Words: 59097
Joined roleplay: November 29th, 2010, 3:04 am
Race: Staff account
Office

Previous