Closed Watch your every step(Rykanis)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Wilderness of Cyphrus is an endless sea of tall grass that rolls just like the oceans themselves. Geysers kiss the sky with their steamy breath, and mysterious craters create microworlds all their own. But above all danger lives here in the tall grass in the form of fierce wild creatures; elegant serpents that swim through the land like whales through the ocean and fierce packs of glassbeaks that hunt in packs which are only kept at bay by fires. Traverse it carefully, with a guide if possible, for those that venture alone endanger themselves in countless ways.

Watch your every step(Rykanis)

Postby Eida on July 3rd, 2013, 6:42 pm

Summer 11th, AV 513

Another night passed. Eida was walking to the gates while the sun was coming up. Time for going out to wilds. She was practicing these days. She wanted to learn to be better in hunting. It was strange once she said she won't do it but now she did. As Syna took her domain in the sky her celestial form vanished and she was a symenestra again. She put her hood on and walked out from the city. She stopped a bit at the bridge which crossed the river. She didn't see directly to the sun or to the river only a bit. But the sunrises was still beautiful either way. She smiled and continue her way.

She was in the wilds now. She was looking at the tall grass again. She went deeper but along the Kabrin road only a bit so she won't lost. It was time now for a little hunt. She needed something little only. She was looking for it but it was hard at such a sunshine. She instead had to lie on her ears and other senses. She sat down a bit and just listenned, she even closed her eyes. But nothing. She had time though and could wait till night.

Eida heard some noises at her back. She looked back... but nothing. Strange. She continue to focus on the noises. While that she couldn't help but she was in her thoughts. Days before she couldn't even think to do anything harm and now she was there waiting for a prey. That's how nature went. She became wilders like her father could be. She didn't know if it was bad or good... Also she didn't know what is bad and what is good anymore. Matter of perpectives. To other she was a monster, to her kelvic she was Eida, daughter of Leth. To herself... To herself she didn't know. She couldn't decide.

Eida
Daughter of Leth

Words: 97147
Joined roleplay: January 30th, 2013, 8:27 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Rykanis Dakshata on July 31st, 2013, 8:09 pm

Rykanis had several reasons for being out in the wilds. One of them being rumors. The other hunting. Though if pressed, he would say his reason for being out was hunting, which was technically true, even if being a bit evasive or leaving part of the story out.

The rumor though, was that someone had seen a Symenestra near Riverfall. Which was actually quite a common rumor, for some reason. Every season or two, it seemed such rumors were out, saying someone had seen a shadowy spider person running through the grass, just out of sight. It had circulated dozens of times over the years, and so far he had yet to actually find one personally. So he doubted he would find one this time, after all the other failed hunts.

But he could still bag a small animal, and get some meat out of it, while also reassuring the council that the rumor was just that, and that no wild Sym were about, doing... Whatever it is they did...

He had his lakan on him as usual, belted to his waist. But for now they would lie asleep in his scabbards, unless the need for them arose. Then out they would come, quick as a flash.

Rykanis crept along through the grass of the wilds, one foot in front of the other, trying to be silent and stealthy. Watching were he stepped to make sure he did not place his foot on anything that would emit a sudden or loud noise. Which was a bit tricky, since he also needed to keep looking up to make sure no animals were approaching.

Heel to toe, heel to toe, he placed his foot, letting the front end slowly swing down, and then lightly picking up the other foot to repeat the action. Stealth. Or at least, as stealth as a purple giant could be. Which in the wilds tended to be not that much, since there was little cover, and only a sparse amount of concealment afforded by the grass.

He was moving along just fine, when suddenly, the world pitched forward, and he fell nearly on his face, throwing his hands up to stop himself before landing on it. He let out a involuntary curse, which was not to professional, "Jakri!".

As it was, his hands struck the ground pretty hard, making them sting as he tried to right himself. He looked back to see his foot had gotten stuck in a hole, probably from a mole or some other burrowing creature of the grassland. It took him a good chime to extricate himself, as his foot was really wedged in tight. The noise of his curse, combined with his actions to free his foot combined to mean anyone in the vicinity would know he was there.

Thus was the stealthiness of a seven odd foot purple giant.
-You can't truly appreciate the light, until you spend some time experiencing darkness...

-The more you know, the more you learn how little you truly know, and how much there is left to learn.

-Only when you truly understand the darkness, will you not fear it.
Rykanis Dakshata
Player

Words: 248966
Joined roleplay: March 21st, 2012, 2:10 am
Race: Akalak
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Eida on August 17th, 2013, 2:39 pm

She was sitting and let the Sun warming her up. She was so unsure about hunting and she wasn't really good at it. Sometimes she felt it was for nothing but she didn't want to give up. She closed her eyes as she couldn't use it well under the Sun and rather let her ears to work. It was tricky as she heard a lot noises sometimes. Then she heard a little noise. She turned her head over there and opened her eyes. There was something indeed. She picked up a stone and tried to aim the target. Three.Two.One. She threw it and at that moment another noise and that animal jumped away. It was probably a rabbit. The stone couldn't hit it.

But Eida didn't make any noise she tried to be careful with that. It was coming from her back. 'Jakri' She heard a man voice but couldn't recognize that word. It was surely another language. She stood up and turned around. She saw something at the far but could not see clearly. She used her hood and hands to hide her eyes from the Sun and she may see more clear picture. It was a purple man. Yes a dark purple man. She was going closer when she realized. An Akalak.

She was followed by him. That was a wrong thing and she actually got mad. The nature was her only peace during the sun and now somebody was interfering there too. She going closer. She was hot-headed again when she should be more careful than ever. She didn't stop from being rude to him either. "When I finally could find a place where I could just... be and do my own things and try to live as I am. NO, SOMEBODY has to disturb me. Why can't your kind at least leave me there alone? " Eida hold her head and tried to calm. She couldn't believe she was that upset. "It's okay Eida.. it's okay! Chill, maybe it isn't what you think." She sighed and started all over. "Okay... just tell me what do you want and we can somehow solve it I guess."
Eida
Daughter of Leth

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Rykanis Dakshata on August 31st, 2013, 1:21 pm

Just as Rykanis got his foot out, and was standing up, a tirade of words came at him in common. Rykanis was decent enough with the language, but was not quite fluent, and so it took quite a bit of effort to sort through so many words so fast.

Even then, it took him a few moments after the end of the words, conferring with his other side who repeated what she had said to him, and explained a emphasizing a few points of its meaning, before he could gather himself up well enough to respond.

A truly puzzled look came over Rykanis face as he eyed the other person, who he assumed was a female by the voice since he could not see the face, though he could not rule out any chance of it being a male. Perhaps an effeminate one. Apparently though said person who was likely female wanted to be left alone, or so said the logic derived by the musings of his other side.

She continued onward, asking what he wanted, and apparently trying to negotiate a deal with him. Even though he had no idea who she was, what her reason was for wanting to be left alone so badly, and what deal she was wanting to make.

"Leave you alone? I do not quite understand... I simply chanced upon you, after all the grass is only so big, chances are eventually two will end up in the same part. It is after all a commonly used hunting ground."

"If what you truly want is to be left alone, then perhaps you would be better suited going to a private local, instead of a public place commonly used by many many peoples?"

Rykanis paused for a moment, a small smile coming over his face as he looked at the person, and answered once more quite honestly to the person's question, perhaps more literally than she intended.

"As for what I want... I would not mind a hot meal, or a million mizas, or all the mysteries of the world sat before me... But for now, I would perhaps settle for the mystery that is your name, which you seem to have left out in your hurry to rant at me for something I am not guilty of. Being a courteous Akalak, I will tell you my name first, which is Rykanis."
-You can't truly appreciate the light, until you spend some time experiencing darkness...

-The more you know, the more you learn how little you truly know, and how much there is left to learn.

-Only when you truly understand the darkness, will you not fear it.
Rykanis Dakshata
Player

Words: 248966
Joined roleplay: March 21st, 2012, 2:10 am
Race: Akalak
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Eida on September 2nd, 2013, 2:02 pm

She was frutrated but this akalak was so much calmer than the ones she has met. She tried to chill down too. He was right, and it's really annoyed Eida somehow. She bit her lips and was careful to not do it with her fangs. The fangs could be seen clearly for Rykanis too. She looked up and at the big akalak and answered to him. "Fine.. sorry! My name is Eida, daughter of Leth." She even showed Leth's mark at her wrist. That was her only evidence, at least she thought that way.

She was silent for a moment, while she tried to delicately put what she was about to say. "So yeah.. you simply chanced upon me. But why was an akalak watching me? I know this is only my daily form but you guys still hate my kind." She tried to remain calm and kind. Afterall Rykanis was attacking her and he didn't seem to be violent at the moment. Still in earthbound form, the sight of an akalak boiled her blood sometimes.

She turned away from him like she wasn't waiting for answer. She was, just she was looking around with her poor eyesight where could she go... Nowhere. It was too dangerous to go too far away from Riverfall. She sighed, there was no chance but to deal with Rykanis first. She wanted to meet with her bondmate...But their bond lately became weak, she felt that way. She wasn't sure if she was imagining it only or if it was true.
Eida
Daughter of Leth

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets