Flashback Shame- 76 of Winter, 506 A.V.

He's probably used to it, by now.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A village cut off from the rest of Mizahar by the Valterrian, slowly reestablishing contact with the outside world.

Shame- 76 of Winter, 506 A.V.

Postby Adeon Tien on July 12th, 2013, 2:34 pm

He dragged his feet across the frozen ground, the light snowfall catching on his heavy cloak. His eyes were glued strictly to the ground, his Drykas body now becoming weak. He had to keep it warm. He had to get to the chapel... Had to keep warm...

He held his cloak tight, his body was getting frail in the cold. He couldn't risk the attention, the people were suspicious of his presence as it it was.

A stranger showing up wordlessly in town, refusing to answer any questions about the outside world, and, the most suspicious factor, refusing to show his face.

Instead of being curious (as expected), they seemed hostile. Ready to draw their weapons and show off what they have learned.

The male paid no mind to them. It was expected. But the locals were not his concern, at the moment.

As he approached the door to the chapel, he paused for a moment, wondering if he should open the door. It would require removing his hand from the folds of his cloak. He couldn't take the chance of his hand falling from his arm.

He did it slowly, trying to move his wrist as little as physically possible. He grabbed the doorknob by only his fingertips, taking twice as long as necessary.

He whipped the door open, sliding through the crack he opened, and closing the door with his foot, quickly retaining his composition.

As the door shut behind him, he surveyed the room. He was surprised, as the room was more full than the norm. He dismissed it as simple coincidence, sitting down next to a family of four, kneeling in prayer.

He feigned praying to whatever god it was today, happy to simply get some warmth.

It was a few minutes before the majority of the room sat up straight, but the male stayed in kneeling position, huddling.

"Pardon, sir."

He heard a voice to his direct left, where the family was. The voice was masculine, so he assumed that it was the father.

He raised himself, standing a little taller than the man that was addressing him.

"Please remove your hood in respect to Priskil." He said, obviously agitated.

The male took a moment before responding in an underused, scratchy tone.

With all-do respect, sir, I'd really rather not.

He now had the attention of the entire chapel, all eyes directed on his figure. But he stood strong, and fairly arrogant.

"I DEMAND you show respect to our goddess!" He stomped his foot.

The male shook his head in frustration, sighing.

Did you not hear my reply? I said no.

"Then I will shame you." He said with a smirk, reaching for the male's hood.

He realized he could do nothing to stop it, his body was too frail. He realized what was going to happen, and simply allowed it, standing up straight as the man gripped his hood.
Whether or not it is certain, or whether or not the answer will ever come to pass, for that matter, is unclear. The answer to your question does not yet exist. There is only, for now, perhaps.

School times are in effect.
Adeon Tien
The Faceless Wanderer

Words: 24714
Joined roleplay: July 3rd, 2013, 11:41 am
Blog: View Blog (3)
Race: Nuit
Character sheet

Postby Kujyaku on July 13th, 2013, 4:40 pm

“Don’t hate any of the Gods or Goddesses. They all deserve your praise, because maybe if you are ever stranded in the desert, Syna could help you. Unless you were bad to her.” Kujyaku’s mothers voice rang in her head as she went into the chapel. The coldness outside left her cheeks flushed and her lips blue, as she started to unravel the multiple layers she had on. Rubbing her hands together for warmth, she sat down at the pew right behind one other, the second closest to the altar. She held her hands together and started to pray.

A hooded figure came into the chapel rather slowly and sat next to a family in front of her. As he sat down, she saw his arm, just a flash but she saw it. Wide-eyed she gasped, hoping she was unheard. The body looked dead, a fleshy pale color, that resembled her old neighbor’s skin as she passed on. The only dead body she had ever seen. Her mind flashed back to her mother again. “Kujyaku! You are 16 years old! Just because someone is different doesn’t mean you should treat them so! I don’t care what ever race that is, even Nuit. There is no difference in our family!” She scolded Kuj when she over heard her and some neighborhood kids laughing at Nuits. Never has she done that again.

A Nuit. A Nuit was in our chapel, if he was to be found ou-. A voice interrupted her thought. “Please remove your hood in respect to Priskil.” The voice was demanding, but she recognized them as her neighbors. The same neighbors who were teasing the Nuits. He denied calmly in a scratchy tone. The whole chapel went silent, and Kuj started to panic. “Then I will shame you.” Then man said as he held onto to the hood. Kujyaku closed her eyes, remembering what the children were saying about the Nuits, how when the adults came by, they laughed at the mocking. No species should ever feel that way. They weren’t doing anything. HE wasn’t doing anything. Suddenly, Kujyaku stood up, unaware of what she was doing.

“STOP IT NOW.” She yelled out, breaking the silence. The man who grasped his hood let go, and stared at Kuj with fire in his eyes. Kuj gasped at what she had just done.

“What did you just say?” Her neighbor, Mr. Zedock said. She looked at his family. Looking at her with eyes engulfed with fire too, she took a deep breathe in.

“I said stop it now. He isn’t doing anything. Maybe he is cold. He could have a disease that he is ashamed of showing.” She looked at the hooded Nuit again. “And what choice do you have in this matter, Priskil, the goddess of hope, the women who knows love and sympathy?” She pointed at Mr. Zedock. “And here you are Mr. Zedock, forcing this man to take his hood off in front of Priskil! Can’t you show a little love and sympathy?” Kujyaku’s voice was at a scream, as she looked at the man. Taking a deep breath in, she gently grabbed the hand of the Nuit.

“Come on, I know a better place for you.” Holding onto the cold hand was a bit unnerving, but she kept her cool as she opened up the door to the chapel. Looking at the hooded Nuit she stated. “I know who you are, and I am not afraid. How can I help you.” Kujyaku was stubborn, and wasn’t just going to stop here. Image
I am retiring this account. I apologize.
Kujyaku
I have retired her~

Words: 25812
Joined roleplay: July 7th, 2013, 6:50 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Adeon Tien on July 13th, 2013, 6:14 pm

He looked down at the girl, a bit confused. He didn't know why, as he had a perfect rendition and understanding of the events that had recently passed.

He calmly let go of the female's hand, reminding himself to be calm. He looked to the sky, allowing a moment of chill as snow fell on his bare face.

He looked back down at the girl.

Do you know what you just did. He inquired, still trying to keep his business-like composition.

I understood that you had good intentions, girl, but you in no way helped me.

He raised his left hand, pointing at the female with his index finger, shifting on his feet as his tone turned a bit poisonous.

I wasn't done. Now I must go, leaving any hope of- He slit his eyes, cocking his head slightly to the side.

You...

Before the Nuit could finish his sentence, Mr. Zedock's voice could be heard from inside the chapel.

"THIS... THIS CREATURE DARES STEP INTO THE SACRED HOUSE OF OUR GODDESS, AND YOU FOOLS ALLOW HIM TO WALK AWAY WITH HIS HEAD!? THERE WAS A NUIT IN OUR CHAPEL!"

The Nuit closed his eyes, lowering his head and once again sighing in frustration.

Listen, and listen close. You may very well be what I was- Once again, Zedock interrupted his conversation.

The doors to the chapel burst open, Zedock now screaming unintelligible words.

"PETCH! YOU LITTLE SHYKE!"

His family was holding him back by his arms, with worried expressions on their faces. The Nuit turned in a half-circle, peering at the scene and the bystanders that refused to get involved behind Zedock.

"Let... Go..."

He shook his family from his arms, standing five feet away from the Nuit and the female.

"If my town doesn't have the common sense to slay you beast where you stand..." He reached down to his waist, pulling a meat-knife from his belt, outstretching the knife towards the duo and speaking through clenched teeth.

"Then. I. Will."
Whether or not it is certain, or whether or not the answer will ever come to pass, for that matter, is unclear. The answer to your question does not yet exist. There is only, for now, perhaps.

Adeon Tien
The Faceless Wanderer

Character sheet

Postby Kujyaku on July 18th, 2013, 3:16 am

((Sorry for shortness, vacation is taking its toll))

Looking at the man being pulled back, Kujyaku just wanted to shrivel up and leave the world. Leave the pain and suffering that people cause, the biase nature of people everywhere, just because someone was different. Suddenly the man yelled and the family let go. Revealing his knife, he started to run near the Nuit.

When something bad happens, the world seems to be going in slow motion, or so Kujyaku though as the man slowly ran towards the hooded figure. She figured because the world went to slowly, that she would have the time to think a mile a minute.

I don't want to get shanked. I really don't want to.... That would take everything I stand for though.

Kujyaku saw the man run past her. She couldn't hit him, that wouldn't work at all. She quickly put out her foot, hoping that she tripped the man and closed her eyes.

The man fell on his face, the blade gently cut his hand, but was otherwise unharmed. He looked up in shock, the hooded Nuit stood looking down at Kujyaku's neighbor, wondering what the Nuit would do.

Kill him? Run? Beat him up? But all Kujyaku knew was she was acting much different then she usually would. What was going through her?

Kujyaku
I have retired her~

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Adeon Tien on August 7th, 2013, 3:54 pm

((As long as I can do it, too.))

He stared down at the man before him, afraid to move for fear of his frail body. He wasn't aware of the man before him, though. He was only aware of The deed committed by the stranger beside him.

She spoke for his wellbeing.

She assaulted one of her own.

She was at his side.

HIS side.

Perhaps he had found someone that fit his description. Perhaps his journey may soon come to an end... But with Zedock, it may end in a less satisfactory manner.

He directed his attention to the girl, trying to make eye contact as he pointed to the knife that fell on the ground beside Zedock.

This shall be the deciding factor. He thought.

Adeon Tien
The Faceless Wanderer

Character sheet

Postby Kujyaku on August 13th, 2013, 9:34 pm

Looking at the man, Kujyaku could tell that he couldn’t move, his body too weak. Something about his atmosphere around Kujyaku changed, and she noticed. His eyes pointed to a knife on the floor, as her eyes went large. She knew what he wanted her to do, but tripping a man even made Kujyaku feel bad, could she really stab someone? Kujyaku didn’t have time to contemplate the former outcomes. All she knew was she was going to do it.

She stumbled over to the knife, as the man got up, all his focus on the Nuit. Grasping the knife in her hand, she took a deep breathe in. The knife was heavy in her frail body, as she grasped it tighter. She never wanted to hurt anyone, never wanted to stab someone, but she had to. For this man, just because he was different.

She walked behind the man, who was walking towards the Nuit. For the man... for everything you stand for. For EVERYTHING you stand for. For you mother, for your gone father. For you! She was chanting to herself. As she came closer to the man, she held the knife out. Examining his body, she had no idea where to insert the knife. The neck would be a kill, the chest would kill him.... slowly. The legs would paralyze him, and kill him.... maybe. She hunched down, and slashed the back of the mans legs. She had never even touched a man’s arm before, so this was a step up.

A loud scream followed as the man collapsed on the ground. Men were supposed to be tough... Kujyaku stood in shock as she remembered the family surrounding the man, and the church she was on. The family started yelling and crying, as Kujyaku stood there. Kujyaku would trip sometimes, and see blood, but that blood was just a light red color. This was so much differently.

The red was a dark color, spilling out from every inch of the cut. The flesh was red too, and the cut was visible to see the meaty flesh. Kujyaku suddenly felt sick as the man laid on the ground. She sucked it up and looked at the Nuit with a strong face.

“Lets get out of here.”

Kujyaku
I have retired her~

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Adeon Tien on August 14th, 2013, 12:25 am

Adeon, wrapped in his cloak, stood tall and calm as Zedock approached. He was not frightened, nor intimidated by his form. Under different circumstances, there was a likely chance that Adeon would have run, but standing behind Zedock was the girl that COULD be his answer, and she was holding Zedock's knife. He anticipated the outcome of the whole ordeal: Will the girl stick to her blood and stand by her kin, or will she stand for what Adeon believed was morally correct. Either way, he anticipated a show.

Zedock approached him, determination in his eyes and murder in his thoughts. This man would rip Adeon's head off with his own hands, given the opportunity. He glanced at the girl, approaching Zedock, studying his form. Deciding where to strike, perhaps?

As Zedock neared four feet, the girl struck. It was quick. Like the blink of an eye. The blade was embedded in Zedock's leg, crimson blood seeping through the new wound and staining the snow beneath him. The world seemed frozen at the moment. Adeon, despite himself, smiled. What luck. His body was falling apart, so he went to warm it up. He got caught, and a girl stood up for him. AND got him a shiny, new body. Lucky for him, his hood hid his devious smile. But, a glorious day. Two birds with one stone. This girl was

The girl looked up at him, no longer intimidated by the whole ordeal. Not even the least bit flushed by Zedock's open wounds. The crowds behind the trio were speechless, staring at the writhing man in the snow. Conquered by a mere girl.

"Let's get out of here." She said, simply, a somewhat... Triumphant air about her as she crouched over the body on the ground.

Adeon simply nodded, stepping to his right side as to allow the girl to go first. It was the least he could do.

He'd come back for the body, later.

As he did so, Zedock sputtered behind him, lighter blood falling from the cut on his hand. "I'll get you. I'll petching get you." He addressed the girl.

"Too cowardly to finish me." He spat blood at her feet. "Fool."

Adeon Tien
The Faceless Wanderer

Character sheet