[Verified by Jupiter] Sigriet Aelammur

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, all the character sheets are kept for player characters. Feel free to come on in, browse the forum, look at what sort of characters others have created, and then begin your very own!

Moderator: Liaisons

Sigriet Aelammur

Postby Sigriet on July 14th, 2013, 9:17 pm

Sigriet Aelammur

The Basics:

Race: Mixed-blood (Symenestra/Human)
Birthdate: Spring 25th, 486
Birthplace: Lhavit
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Religion: Sigriet is a follower of Ovek.

Appearance:

Height: 5'4"
Weight: 110

Sinewy, statuesque and graceful, with narrow hips and shoulders, subtle, understated curves and long limbs. Sig's complexion is on the fair side, with an ash-grey tint. Hers is a heart-shaped face with a broad forehead, sharp and angular features, high cheekbones, hollow cheeks and a pointed chin. Her thick, straight hair is a dull shade of off-black, the color somewhere between true black and the dusty shade of cobwebs, without quite being either; it is self-cut, cropped just below her jawline and worn in a perpetually chaotic disarray. Her large, glassy, hooded eyes are a deep, rich blue-violet hue. She is an insomniac and as such, it is not the least bit uncommon for there to be heavy, dark bags beneath her eyes. Like all Symenestra halfbreeds, she does have fangs, though her venom is much weaker than that of a full-blood Symnestra's.

Physical Imperfections: Sig has her own fair share of scars, earned through adventure, misadventure, barroom brawls and people seeking to settle her gambling debts, some more prominent and interesting than others.

Clothing Preferences: Sigriet's attire is usually presentable, though she prefers function over form; loose-fitting and easy to maneuver in. In terms of color, she prefers black, dark greys, deep shades of purple and reds.

Characteristic Gestures: When she speaks, she has the sometimes unnerving habit of maintaining eye contact with whoever she is conversing with until the conversation is over. Only when she is angered or otherwise upset, will she toy with whatever object that might be within reach. Unless she is friends or closely acquainted with someone, she prefers to nod her greetings rather than shake hands.

Vocal Intonation and Speech Patterns: Her voice is fairly deep for most women; low-pitched, throaty and somewhat raspy. She speaks fairly rapidly, having the habit of stringing her words together in an almost lyrical cadence.

Psychological Profile:

Psycholgical State: Generally Stable.

General Observations: Sigriet comes across as being an overconfident, arrogant, loud-mouthed, stubborn, impulsive, devilish, roguishly charming woman whose most reliable personality trait is that she is absolutely unreliable. She prefers to laze around and have a good time whenever the opportunity to do so arises and she has the tendency to come up with somewhat mocking nicknames for the people that she cares about; it is a strange sign of affection, but it is affection nevertheless. As far as she is concerned, life is nothing more than a game, one that she plays hard and plays to win. She thrives on risks, challenges and gambles, especially when the stakes are high. She is a free-spirited, independent, charismatic and opportunistic individualist who values her freedom a great deal and above all else, she is always out for "number one." Her devil-may-care attitude and tendency to put work off until "later" makes it seem as though she does not have a single serious bone in her body.

She is tactless and blunt, seeing no reason to sugar-coat her words, which can sometimes make her seem to be caustic and cruel, even when she does not intend to seem as such. She is very opinionated and will speak her mind frequently, with little regard to how her words may affect someone else. Occasionally she can show a distinct lack of empathy. She holds grudges for quite a long time, can be unforgiving and downright merciless when she is pushed to anger. Though she does her best to hide it, Sig second-guesses herself constantly and relentlessly; along with harboring a complete lack of self-worth. Due to this, she is driven toward trying to attain perfection, refusing to accept and tolerate her mistakes and shortcomings. When she has no choice but to become serious, she puts her all into whatever task she may be trying to accomplish at any given time.

Positive Traits: She is warm, compassionate, friendly and outgoing to nearly everyone that she encounters. Once her loyalty and respect are gained, she does not betray and she has something of a protective streak. Sig is very open-minded and will try anything at least once. Sigriet is determined, driven, resourceful and is rather good at thinking on the fly.

Negative Traits: There is no other way to phrase it: Sigriet is jealous, selfish, greedy and impulsive, along with having both a sadistic and masochistic streak. Hot-headed, she has always had difficulty keeping her temper under control. Avoidant and evasive, it can sometimes be very difficult to get a straight answer from her, especially when she is arguing. While Sig will make promises, she only keeps her word if it will benefit her to do so, or she has no choice in the matter. She has the bad habit of accruing gambling debts and (conveniently) forgetting to repay them.

Eccentricities: Sigriet collects maps for no reason other than she can do so. She is something of a packrat, refusing to part with anything that she has been given, regardless of how insignificant the object in question may be.

Morality: Sigriet has the tendency to follow whatever whim strikes her at any given time and as far as she is concerned, such concepts as "good and evil" are completely irrelevant when she is making a choice. In fact, she just does not see things in terms of "good and evil" or "black and white." Instead, there are countless shades of grey. While such thoughts make it so that she is capable of working with just about anyone, so long as she believes she will somehow come out ahead for doing so; it also means that she has absolutely no qualms with testing rules and tradition, pushing boundaries, bending and manipulating the letter of the law to suit her desires. She is the kind of woman who comes and goes with the wind, having absolutely no true allegiance to anything. While she does not go out of her way to inflict misery on anyone, she will manipulate, trick, lie, steal, con and use people as she sees fit. She does not respond well to authority or orders whatsoever, preferring to do things in her own haphazard way.

Preferences:

Likes: Gambling, open-minded people, interesting conversation, being awake, objects of beauty, freedom, bladed weapons, artistry, getting her own way, being right.

Dislikes: Being relied on, being depended on, narrow-minded people, being bored, sleeping, not getting her own way, being proven wrong, children (they creep her out and test her patience), jail.

Fears and Phobias: Sigriet has an irrational fear of magic in all its forms. She is also afraid of failure and large canines.

Hobbies: Gambling, reading, writing, drawing, dancing, singing (poorly)

Interests: Travel, adventure, gambling in every city she visits, art in all its forms, weaponry, learning new things.

Favorite Colors: Black, steel-grey, gold, scarlet, violet, moss green

Favorite Weather: Storms; especially thunderstorms and snowstorms.

Favorite Animals: Felines, equines, birds, spiders, snakes

Favorite Alcoholic Beverage: Cheap, strong, hard-hitting, bitter rotgut.
Last edited by Sigriet on July 21st, 2013, 4:20 pm, edited 13 times in total.
Sigriet
The Gambler

Words: 29128
Joined roleplay: July 14th, 2013, 3:49 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet

~WIP~ Sigriet Aelammur

Postby Sigriet on July 14th, 2013, 9:27 pm

History

Sigriet's Thoughts About Her Parents :
"I'm glad to say that I was too young to remember very much about my father, though my mother told me several stories about him. As far as I have been told, my father was extremely skilled in the arts of seducing and hypnotizing women. That in and of itself wouldn't have been a horrible thing, but he was a harem master and slaver, as well as being the worst father that any child could have. I can't say I know the extent of my father's skills, but from everything I've heard, he was someone who women should have avoided at all costs, as he was able to charm, hypnotize and seduce his way into any woman's pants. I honestly don't think he had a single redeeming quality. The last thing I was told was that he met his end while he was trying to force the harem women to build some sort of large home in the wilderness somewhere or other. While I'm extremely glad that he's dead, to this day, I regret that I wasn't the one to kill him.

As for my mother? She was everything that I am not. Patient, beautiful, trusting, gentle, submissive, generous and kind. She was the sort of woman that could have had anyone that she wanted, no questions asked. While I understand now that she was under my father's influence for a long time, I do not understand why she chose to be with him in the first place, when she could have simply walked away and made a life for herself. Neither she nor the women in the harem deserved to go through the misery that he put them through on a daily basis; no one deserves to put up with the kind of torture that they did. I know that I still blame my mother for not having the willpower to stand up to my father and I think I will always blame her for that."

Sigriet is the unnecessary and unwanted first child of a slaver and a slave woman. Her mother was a young, beautiful Symenestra woman who was aspiring to become an aerial dancer. She was a graceful and gentle, good-natured woman who was lured in by the romanticism of traveling, seeing everything that the world had to offer her. Sigriet's father lured the woman in by promising her everything that she could possibly desire: beautiful clothing, exquisite jewelry, journeys to exotic locations and the opportunity to lead her own dance troupe. He trapped her with his words and she believed every one of the empty promises that she was offered. Sigriet's slaver father was a self-styled harem master; having a seemingly insatiable appetite for women and his taste ranged between several different races. Over the course of the Symenestra's stay in the harem, she would be worn down until she lost her sense of identity and purpose, forgot about what her aspirations were and would be shaped into nothing more than a creature whose sole desires were to please and serve.

Though the Symenestra's pregnancy was a hard one, the night of Sigriet's birth was largely uneventful. The women of the harem did their best to ensure that the child was delivered safely and that the woman would survive the ordeal. Unfortunately, not long after Sigriet's birth, the harem master abandoned the Symenestra woman and Sigriet, along with an Isurian woman and her son, in Lhavit without direction or even an idea of where to turn to. The mixed-blood infants and their mothers were left to fend for themselves, to try and figure out how to live when they weren't being given instructions for every moment of every day. It did take quite a bit of time, but both women eventually learned how to cope, becoming stalwart and inseparable friends who helped each other overcome the aftermath of the ordeals that they had faced. The women remained together for several years, assisting each other in every way that they could, even if it simply meant comforting each other or engaging in a tongue-lashing outburst aimed at their former master.

Sigriet's childhood was quite enjoyable; though when she was old enough to walk and speak, she was given tasks to do in order to help the women out, her days were mainly filled with free time, which she filled with hours of play. During this time, she became acquainted with Myrios, her younger half-brother, who ended up becoming her playmate. She spent many hours devising and executing rather cruel and mischievous games: wrapping him tightly in blankets so he was immobile and leaving him to fend for himself, verbally picking on him, teasing him verbally and with pokes, prods and pinches. Sometimes, she would decide to "horse play" a bit too roughly. Myrios, who was four years her junior, became her toy and scapegoat, subjected to the bizarre kind of cruelty that only a child can devise and still consider it a "game." At that time, the only thing she thought was that she was playing around and if Myrios protested what she was doing, she would just pick on him that much more.

Somehow, despite how rough and rocky the start was, they ended up becoming rather close early on in their childhood. Sigriet had a strong mischievous streak, a sharp tongue and a knack for finding trouble; which oftentimes led to Myrios stepping in and playing the role of the tough "elder" brother. He had the strength she needed to be backed up by and she was more than willing to begin including him in her escapades. They ended up getting in trouble quite frequently, but it was entirely enjoyable; especially when they would begin plotting ways to avoid getting caught for what they did. Like children often do, they decided to stick together, because things were more fun that way. They were a pair of mixed-blooded children, the product of a father who could have been classified a "monster" and they had to continue striving forward, pushing against the odds that lay in front of them, wandering down whatever path seemed to be the most interesting.

As a teen, Sig discovered that she enjoyed art quite a bit: namely drawing, which was something that her mother was more than willing to instruct her in. While Sigriet's drawings were not masterpieces by any stretch of the imagination, they were interesting and intricate patterns, revealing that she had a good eye for detail. It was one creative outlet that she enjoyed quite a bit. Even moreso when her mother and the Isur woman asked her to sketch out a design that would be particularly meaningful to her, without explaining why they wanted her to come up with such a design.

Over the course of several nights, she ended up coming up with a design that flowed nicely to her; one that was composed of soft, curving lines and sharp angles, not too dissimilar to a network of intricately interwoven, thorny vines. The Isur woman had forged a rather simple dagger, which had a red glass cabochon set in the pommel- the cabochon came from Sigriet's mother. Over the course of several months, the Isurian woman taught Sigriet to etch metal; the design etched onto either side of the dagger's hilt. The purpose was not only to teach Sig a craft that would help support her as she grew older, but also because both women wanted to come up with something special to give to her; which left her rather confused, not understanding their intentions.

In late fall, 508, she and Myrios left Lhavit, setting out to make lives for themselves and ending up a good distance away from home, in Sultros. They hoped that they would be able to start on the right track, trying to get their crafts off the ground. They remained in Sultros for only four years. Through a chain of unfortunate events that could have been prevented, Myrios was scarred and became blinded in one eye, while Sigriet had been unable to do anything. Shortly after, they were both forcibly removed and once again found themselves wandering. While Sigriet was not blamed for the incident, she still understood that it had been entirely her fault. Their relationship became further strained with short tempers, misplaced anger, uncertainty, sorrow and pain.

During the course of their travels, Sigriet's presence became infrequent when they would stop somewhere for the night. She had discovered something that she quickly began enjoying: gambling. Which only served to increase the tension between herself and her brother, especially when she began conveniently "forgetting" to repay her gambling debts.

The only thing they could see to do was head toward Syliras: a city that their father would probably never frequent- and one that Sigriet had yet to incur any sort of debt in. A place to try to finally start over in. It was very much a relief to be there, despite how crowded the city was and how much different it was from what they were accustomed to.
Last edited by Sigriet on July 19th, 2013, 1:09 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Sigriet
The Gambler

Character sheet

~WIP~ Sigriet Aelammur

Postby Sigriet on July 14th, 2013, 11:17 pm

Languages, Skills and Lore

Languages:

Fluent Language: Common
Basic Language: Symenos

Skills:

Skill EXP Total Proficiency
Etching 26 SP 26/100 Competent
Drawing 10 SP 10/100 Novice
Brawling 14 SP 14/100 Novice
Weapon: Dagger, Double-Bladed 10 RB 10/100 Novice

Lores:

Lore of History of Syliran Knights
Lore of Syliran Culture
Last edited by Sigriet on July 15th, 2013, 1:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sigriet
The Gambler

Character sheet

~WIP~ Sigriet Aelammur

Postby Sigriet on July 14th, 2013, 11:41 pm

Inventory, Wealth and Housing

Inventory:
  • Dagger, Double-Bladed
  • Toolkit, Engraver's
  • Dice Set, Silver
  • Flint and Steel
  • Waterskin
  • Wooden Brush
  • Soap
  • Backpack
  • Simple Blouse
  • Simple Leggings
  • Simple Boots
  • Simple Cloak
  • Simple Underclothes
  • Food for a week
  • Knife

Wealth

Purchase Cost Total
Starting +100 GM 100 GM
Dagger, Double-Bladed -2 GM 98 GM
Toolkit, Engraver's -50 GM 48 GM
Dice Set, Silver -4 GM 44 GM

Housing

Housing: For the time being, Sigriet is staying in the Traveler's Row with Myrios; they are staying in a simple double-room at least until the end of summer. This temporary residence is because they are trying to decide whether or not settling down in Syliras is the best idea. Sigriet has decided to take the bedroom, whereas Myrios sleeps in the living quarters.
Last edited by Sigriet on July 16th, 2013, 3:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Sigriet
The Gambler

Character sheet

~WIP~ Sigriet Aelammur

Postby Sigriet on July 15th, 2013, 1:24 am

Timeline/Thread Tracker

Summer, 513

[tabset=200]

Flashbacks