Completed New Girl Is Lost (Open!)

The young Pycon Opala Rada is lost in Syliras trying to find her way through the crowds.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

New Girl Is Lost (Open!)

Postby Opala Rada on July 29th, 2013, 1:14 am

The 58th Day of Sumer 513 AV

Being in a city is intimidating, doubly so if it's a big city, double that again if you are only about one sixth the height of the average person in the city and you'll get a sense of how Opala Rada is feeling as she makes her way through the bustling crowds in Syliras. It was all that should could do just to stay out from under foot - much less get anyones attention so as to ask for directions. The tired little Pycon darted around between legs and around people, occasionally looking up to ask for directions only to be ignored.

Exhausted from her journey and running out of patience Rada made her way to the edge of the crowd to stand out of their way and rest for a bit. Finally she made it to a wall and leaned up against it. It felt so good to just relax for a bit. She'd been walking and hitching lifts on various caravans for so many days the last thing she wanted to do was dive back into that crowd and vie for some stranger's attention only to be rudely rebuffed.

"You want to live—but do you know how to live? You are scared of dying—and,
tell me, is the kind of life you lead really any different from being dead?"
Opala Rada
The Earthen Archaeologist

Words: 5383
Joined roleplay: July 25th, 2013, 11:23 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet

New Girl Is Lost (Open!)

Postby Sigriet on July 29th, 2013, 2:28 am

Sigriet was bored. It may have been a strange thing to happen to most people in such a huge and bustling city as Syliras, but boredom was something that befell her rather frequently when she didn't have anything to do. Wandering usually cured that boredom, as there was no telling what interesting situations may have occurred, especially when moving through a crowd. The one good thing that came with crowds was being able to remain unnoticed; which oftentimes left one privy to intriguing rumors and scraps of conversation, if it had been possible to pick out a single conversation from the myriad other conversations going on at the same time. Unfortunately for Sig, that was not something that she had mastered. Nor had she managed to watch where she had been going-- that would have been somewhat difficult for someone of average height; but she was on the short and slight side, which meant that not only did she just end up going along with the crowd until she could dodge between a few taller people, but it also meant that she had remained unnoticed until meandering people ended up jostling her, which quickly became annoying. She only hoped that she'd end up somewhere near the Spinning Coin, or one of the taverns.

Growing more impatient and annoyed as the crowd itself continued to grow, she managed to duck around a couple of people and elbow her way out of the crowd and sighed. While she wasn't exactly lost, she was a good distance away from the gambling establishment which had ended up becoming one of her haunts. Dragging a long-fingered hand through her hair, she sighed and peered about, wondering if perhaps she was so far away from the Spinning Coin simply because luck would not have favored her right then. Or perhaps because something else much more interesting would have happened elsewhere? She could only hope it would be the latter instead of the former, but only time would tell. Regardless, it was nice to take a break from just meandering anyhow; she had not realized that she'd had a touch of claustrophobia before she'd ended up immersed in that crowd. But now she knew and would somehow have to remember to avoid extremely large gatherings, if she didn't want to feel closed-in and trapped.

Grumbling profanities under her breath, she put more distance between herself and the others, walking toward one of the city walls with the intention of just staying out of the way of everyone else for right now. Would have been a good day to just stay in bed. If her guess was right, it would be a little while before the activity would calm down a little bit. With any luck, something would draw her attention before then. Only time would tell and she had absolutely nothing pressing to attend to. So, for the time being, she would people-watch; she'd heard once or twice before that doing something of the sort would help pass the time, but she wasn't sure.

((Not my best by a long shot. But my next will be much better!))
Sigriet
The Gambler

Words: 29128
Joined roleplay: July 14th, 2013, 3:49 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet

New Girl Is Lost (Open!)

Postby Jervis Hill on July 29th, 2013, 4:44 am

58th day of Summer, 513AV

Slowly making his way down the winding streets of Syliras Jervis eyes darting left and right trying to take it all in. Wow this place is so big and I can practically see the differences in the age of the city like noticing patches of new growth after a forest fire or the way the trees look older in a deep ancient wood. Jervis felt Izzil crawl from his right shoulder over to his left but didn't think much of it as he continued to follow the stream of people slowly ever forward down the street.

"This is going to be great Izzy. We haven't got much money though so after tonight we will have to find some sort of campsite." Jervis was cut off by a large growl from his stomach. He hadn't realized was so hungry and he really was a quite poor cook so it had been a long time since he'd had a good meal. "and good meal and a bath tonight Izzy ... Izz" Jervis said looking to the left and noticing his partner in crime had disappeared. He noticed the gecko slip between a couple in front of him and dropped his horses reins and made chase.

"Izzy, I'm hungry too but if you try to go hunting you'll get lost." Jervis called as he chased after the gecko hunched at the waist ready to pounce and grab him. For such a lazy thing you sure move when you want to don't ya. Jervis thought as he darted between another couple and a petite woman extending his hand to grab Izzil. Just as Jervis managed to get a grip on the lizard's torso he caught his toe on an upturned cobblestone sending Jervis sprawling with Izzil in his hands. Jervis skids to a stop in front of a tiny woman resting against a wall. Jervis looked up at her from his belly as he lay on the ground. "Hey you haven't seen a mouse or maybe a large cricket around here have you? My squirmy little friend here seems to think something came this way?" Jervis asks politely
"They call me the wisest of all greeks because I alone admit, I know nothing." - Socrates [/size]
Jervis Hill
Pain in the Butt

Words: 89402
Joined roleplay: July 27th, 2013, 12:44 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Isur
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

New Girl Is Lost (Open!)

Postby Opala Rada on July 29th, 2013, 5:02 am

The small clay girl was lost in thought after spending a few moments watching the crowds ebb and flow. She had never seen such crowds in her life. There was just so many, so packed together. And the variation in people. Syliras was truly a city of many different types of people. The crowd was intimidating, no doubt, but Rada knew she couldn't truly rest until she found a safe place to spend the night. So after a short reprieve she began to psych herself up to re enter the crowd and find her way.

Just as she was about to make her way into the crowd a small woman made her way out of it. Well, relatively small. Not Rada's size to be sure, but small for a human. She looked as though she was having a hard time with the crowds too. Rada had thought it was due to her extremely small size that she had problems but maybe even if she were five foot she'd have problems. Either way, now's my chance, she thought, I can finally ask someone for directions.

Opala Rada attempted to make eye contact with the new stranger and opened her mouth to speak just as a man holding what looked like a tiny lizard landed on his belly in front of her. She looked at him in dumb astonishment - unsure what to say. Then he asked her, "Hey you haven't seen a mouse or maybe a large cricket around here have you? My squirmy little friend here seems to think something came this way?"

It took a second for Rada to process it but she finally spat out an answer, "Errmmm- Uh- That is to say no. I don't think I've seen a cricket or mouse.."

((OOC: Sorry for the long wait for my post. Glad I got it done tonight though! =3))

Opala Rada

Character sheet

New Girl Is Lost (Open!)

Postby Jervis Hill on July 30th, 2013, 2:01 am

"I just think you've gotten a little hunger mad and are seeing things Izzy. This nice lady hasn't seen anything come through here." Jervis said as he turned his attention back to Izzil. After hearing this from Jervis Izzil looked back at him with his usual dour expression and stuck out his tongue.

"What did you call me you little coin purse, Keep it up and your going in the sack" Jervis snapped back fiercely "Besides I can't make you lose something that was never there in the first place so lighten up buddy." Jervis pulled his legs underneath him to come to a cross legged sitting position in front of the two young women.

"Oh this is Izzil." Jervis said focusing back to the tiny pycon woman while placing Izzil in the front pocket of his cassock so just his head stuck out "and I'm Jervis Hill T...." Jervis trailed off as he remembered he wasn't supposed to tell the last part to outsiders as well it'd make it easier for the old man to track him down.

(OOC: Sigriet even if that wasn't your best it was still way better than anything I can do lol. Been a long day sorry it took me so long to respond as well)
Last edited by Jervis Hill on July 30th, 2013, 4:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
"They call me the wisest of all greeks because I alone admit, I know nothing." - Socrates [/size]
Jervis Hill
Pain in the Butt

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

New Girl Is Lost (Open!)

Postby Sigriet on July 30th, 2013, 3:12 am

As she had thought, it seemed as though interesting things tended to happen to people who watched and waited for them to occur. Or perhaps luck had simply been on her side; she couldn't say for certain and unless she was sitting at a gaming table, she generally didn't dwell on much for very long. For leaning against the wall that she'd been heading toward, was a diminutive clay woman who looked downright perplexed by the bustling city's activity. Sigriet nodded her head in greeting to her and had been crossing the street in her direction when they were joined by yet another person and a lizard; what she thought had been his pet lizard, at any rate, which seemed to be interested in the Pycon lady. Well, perhaps she'd watch them for a while as she finally made her way toward that wall; leaning against it in a rather casual manner and listening to the pair converse.

At the very least, their meeting was somewhat comical, which was a relief. There was nothing like the opportunity to laugh at a creature's antics and it seemed that even a lizard could get up to some fairly humorous things. Before the gambler really had the time to think, it seemed as though introductions were already in order and apparently she had ended up being part of their gathering before she had even realized it. Not that she was complaining whatsoever; wandering was usually more fun when there was company to be had, or at least she thought so. "I'm Sigriet," Her introduction was short and to the point, though she would finally grin at the Pycon, the lizard and Jervis after speaking. Looks like today's not gonna be so dull after all.

Thankfully, it seemed as though the lull in the crowds would last for a little while; or at least the noise level had dropped low enough that it was possible to hear what the other two were saying! And she found that she could finally think again and be able to hear her own thoughts. Hopefully it would stay that way for a little while, at least. But with the way that things seemed to be going that day, there was simply no telling what else might happen.

((Sorry for the delay, it's been a long and rough day on my end as well! And haha, I just tend to ramble sometimes, Jervis! XD))
Sigriet
The Gambler

Words: 29128
Joined roleplay: July 14th, 2013, 3:49 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet

New Girl Is Lost (Open!)

Postby Opala Rada on July 30th, 2013, 4:42 am

Raising her eyebrows in polite attention Opala Rada looked first to Jervis and then to Segriet as they introduced themselves in turn. She had been jumping from caravan to caravan for days, and everyone on them was so travel weary that they had no energy for the niceties of polite social interaction. It seems Rada herself was a rusty. She realized as she had stood there politely nodding at their introductions she was just standing there not introducing herself. How rude! The little alabaster colored woman was exhausted from traveling but willed up the energy for a polite and courteous introduction.

"It is a pleasure to meet you Mister Jervis and Miss Sigriet," Rada began. "I am the Pycon most recently known as Opala Rada. At your service." She ended with a small curtsy.

Rada had always been bad at small talk, but refused to let the first real potential for conversation she'd had in weeks pass by. "So -" she began talking before she knew what to say, which made her stutter a bit, "Have you both of you been in Syliras long?" As she spoke she nervous readjusted her small leather pack on her back.

By gods what a boring way to start a conversation. Rada was sure that these people were used to such bustling cities and were not nearly as impressed or intimidated as her. It would be a feat for her to find the welcome center on her own - let alone any antique / bookshops she was looking for. There was time for that later though. Right now she had to make a good impression because she was desperately in need of some and these two were the first, and quite possibly the only, sign of any she would get.

Opala Rada

Character sheet

New Girl Is Lost (Open!)

Postby Vanari on July 30th, 2013, 7:04 pm

Summer, Day 58, 513 AV

Amazing! the Vantha girl mentally gushed. So many people of so many different races! Admittedly, Vanari was not overly fond of crowds, but for her first day in Syliras it was a mighty fine sight. She swelled with joy and pride that she had finally made it this far. If only her family could see her now! Freshly bathed and wearing new clothes with a fine set of Tamo daggers on her belt, the young traveler couldn't feel happier or safer. She had heard of Syliras being rather uptight about everything, but if that meant she could dress like anything other than a beggar, she was glad for it.

Suddenly, she heard shouting.

"Louse! Slobberin' pig!"
"Don't call me that you filthy wench! Who's been feedin' ya all this time?"
"Feed? Hah! Like I owe anythin' to such a cravenly excuse for a husband!"

A few passerby's sighed and shook their heads. "At it again, those two," a bearded man muttered. "Won't be long before the knights show up now."

"Vermin!"
"Ugly cow!"

Vanari decided it would be wise to avoid the area altogether, but something beneath the bickering couple's window made her catch her breath. Was that...is that a little person? Completely enraptured, she stopped dead in her tracks and watched as the tiny woman introduced herself as politely as if she were a real live human. Great Morwen, what luck! A race she had never seen before! Bolstered by her good spirits, curiosity, and much improved hygiene, Vanari firmly swore to march right up to this fascinating creature and introduce herself. Well, as soon as the little lady was done conversing with her friends, of course. Or perhaps, a little after that so she wouldn't seem strange just bursting in like she'd been stalking them...

There were gasps. Vanari looked around and saw people were staring up. She followed their horrified gazes just in time to see a spoon fly out the window of the still-bickering couple. It spun rapidly several times, gleaming under the midday sun, and hit some poor woman in the face. Before anyone could properly react, something else was heaving its way out the window. Something enormous. Something...oh, hell.

"Scum! Bastard!"

People were beginning to panic now and cleared hastily out of the way. Everyone, that is, except for the tiny woman, who seemed confused. Oh Gods, Vanari wondered, was she too small to see what was happening?

"Martha, no! Not the frui--"

"Watch out!" Vanari barely heard herself shout a warning as she dove towards the tiny creature. She scooped its surprisingly heavy body in her arms and nearly crashed into another bystander. A split second later, a wooden basket full of fruits smashed down from above, splattering its juicy contents everywhere. Angry shouts and screams of shock quickly followed, but the Vantha paid little attention. She set the miniature woman gently on the floor.

"Have I smooshed you? Are you alright? Oh no I've gotten you all dusty..." Then she beamed. "I'm Vanari, nice to meet you!"

((Approved by Opala via PM))

A lonely heart is better than a bored one.

"Your Speech"
"My Speech"
"Vani"
Vanari
Vantha Vagrant

Words: 372424
Joined roleplay: July 29th, 2013, 12:20 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Overlored (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

New Girl Is Lost (Open!)

Postby Ardea on August 1st, 2013, 12:25 pm

58th Day of Summer 513AV

Ardea, having dumped most of her possessions in the tiny room she had rented earlier that morning, slung her bow and quiver over her right shoulder and left Traveler's Row, fully intending to venture out to these 'Bronze Woods' that she'd heard about to catch herself some lunch. Reluctantly, she stepped back into the bustling, moving crowd, receiving, almost immediately, a sharp jab in the ribs. Bubbling with fury, she spun around the confront the culprit, but, whomever he or she had been, was now out of sight. Letting out a low growl of irritation, she pressed on, ignoring the alarmed stares of the citizens around her. For a good four minutes, she tolerated the sharp shoves that seemingly came from every direction possible, until finally, her annoyance peaked.

Vexed, fed up of being jostled around and hoping that she was going vaguely in the general direction of the gates, she pulled her bow closer to her body and began to shove her way through to the edge, blocking out the disgruntled yelps of those whom she had elbowed out of the way. Vaguely aware of some commotion happening above her, a wall came into view and she released a drawn-out breath of relief that she hadn't released she'd been holding. Having reached the edge of the crowd, sweet relief flooded her mind. Ardea leaned against the wall gratefully, glad that she had managed to regain a little of her much needed personal space. Having regained a little of her sanity, Ardea became aware of other beings near her and she turned her gaze slightly.

Confusion clouded her mind at the scene before her, her pale eyes moving over the pieces of smashed fruit that appeared to have fallen from the window above, before finally resting upon the tiny woman that stood only a few inches tall. Grim apprehension suddenly overcame her, if some sort of commotion had happened, then the knights would not be far behind. Grumbling quietly, she held her place against the wall, reluctant to rejoin the bustling crowd and, being an independent creature of sorts, not particularly interested in joining the conversation that seemed to be happening between a small group of diverse beings directly to her left. Besides, if she were to speak, then one of the more observant ones might notice her abnormally sized canines, then her enlarged pupils and connect the dots. Ardea preferred that her Kelvic nature was kept a secret as others, in her previous experiences, did not tend to favour her kindly once they found out.
"You" - "NPC" - "Common" - "Feline" -"Tukant" - "Pavi" - Thoughts

--[[Ardea will be in Syliras for most of the Summer, so shoot me a PM if you want to roleplay, even if you're just in the region]]--
Ardea
The Golden Tigress

Words: 35427
Joined roleplay: July 31st, 2013, 5:35 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Journal
Plotnotes

New Girl Is Lost (Open!)

Postby Jervis Hill on August 1st, 2013, 7:08 pm

"Well Met, Opala and Sigriet. Actually no Izzy and I have just arrived here, you know see the sights learns all about there weapons the usual stuff. I like seeing new places and things. What ... " Jervis was cut off by a shout to watch out from behind him and a tall woman with brown hair flashed past him grabbing Opala and diving a few feet away.

The with a whoosh a large basket shattered to the ground directly in front of him splattering him and the sidewalk with it's contents. Jervis' face flashed between shock and then a grimace as he realized what had happened. Then he felt a small tongue snag something off his cheek and could help but at least let a small laugh escape. "Well at least one of us is getting something to eat I guess Izzy." Jervis stood up and wiped the fruit from his face and cassock. "Good thing I was planning on getting a bath somewhere today anyway."

Walking over to stand over Vanari and Opala "That was a nice rescue Miss. Are you and Opala alright?" Jervis says offering a hand to help her to her feet.

(OOC Sorry again about the wait, Niece and nephew have been over and I haven't had much computer time to work on it)
Jervis Hill
Pain in the Butt

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Next