[Soothing Waters] Soothing Water, Vibrant Conversation (Open

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Postby John Griffin on July 30th, 2010, 3:45 am

"Well," began John, thinking back on his own squirehood. "A knight is a soldier first, a protector of the people. So a squire learns to handle a longsword and a shield. They learn to ride, and to fight from horseback. A knight is a scholar second, and knights have been known to speak several languages, and be well versed in history. These are the things I studied to become a knight."

The young knight looked at Blackthawne and smiled, "The knighthood can use men," he glanced at Tyuru, "or women of your determination. We have lofty goals in the Order, and those that would pursue them diligently are welcome in the knighthood, provided they meet the other requirements."
John Griffin
Syliran Knight

Words: 100281
Joined roleplay: July 7th, 2010, 5:42 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Peer Reviewer (1)

Postby Blackthawne on July 30th, 2010, 9:49 am

Blackthawne nodded to Tyuru after she replied to him, quite pleased with her response. That was until she cut off her sentence, which he thought she attempted to cover up by raising out of the water slightly. It was quite effective in his eyes, it distracted HIM enough.

"I've learned that progress is so much slower if you don't learn to be forward, so I just go ahead and ask. And I believe you should try aswell, Tyuru... after all, we'd have a common goal if you did. Making it through our Knights training together... Things are always easier with company."

John began talking next, and nodded his agreement to the Soldier aspect of being a Knight. He was aware of the fact, which he handily already had some Longsword skill as it was from his travels.

"Its a shame they train with a shield... I've always found them irritating items, that get in my way..."
Blackthawne
The thorn of the Black Rose.

Words: 7799
Joined roleplay: July 20th, 2010, 10:51 pm
Character sheet

Postby Tyuru on July 31st, 2010, 7:27 am

"Hmm. Who teaches you these things? And how do you go about finding that person?" Tyuru asked John, genuinely interested. She was a fast learner and sucked up knowledge like a sponge. It was something she enjoyed doing. Knowledge is power, and power was something Tyuru wished she had - if not power over others, power over herself, at least.
Long swords. She supposed she could learn. Where she would get a long sword, she had no idea. Maybe she should start doing some exercise, work off some of that extra roundness that childhood had left on her hips and stomach. "Childbearing hips," somebody had once called them. Right.
"I'm okay at horse riding," Tyuru said. "I mean, I have a horse, and I can ride him, but I can't do anything fancy, no tricky maneuvers. At least, I don’t fall off when he starts moving. Which is good, because he’s twenty hands high,” she grinned.
“I would love to go through training with you,” Tyuru said truthfully to Blackthawne. “I mean, no doubt a charming companion would make the days fly by.”
I apologise profusely to anybody who may have been in a roleplay with me that I kind of started ignoring or that I haven't been answering. I haven't been on Mizahar in the last couple of months (not by my own choice, though!!). I think Tyuru needs some major character revision because I have been completely insensitive to people who have actually been through what she's experienced. I'm taking some time out to make her character more realistic and less insulting. Sorry again, and thanks.
Tyuru
...with so many things to be, who can decide?

Words: 49876
Joined roleplay: April 11th, 2010, 4:00 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet

Postby John Griffin on July 31st, 2010, 2:35 pm

John nodded, "Yes, a shield can get in your way, if you're unfamiliar with it. But I've seen some knights that use their shield like a weapon as much as they do their sword. Both shield and blade can be used for attack and defense." He shrugged dismissively, "Of course, you can always learn the basics of the shield, then shun it in favor of a lone blade."

Looking to Tyuru, he answered, "Each squire has a patron knight that instructs them in the ways of knighthood. This knight is responsible for teaching the squire the ways of the Order, including the use of arms, and all the knowledge necessary for a squire to become an effective knight." He smiled when she spoke of her horsemanship. "That's a start. I myself still fall off from time to time. And here I am, a full-fledged knight. The Order doesn't expect every member to be a paragon in everything. Each knight has their own strengths and weaknesses. We are, after all, only human." He laughed, "Well, those of us that are actually human. We do have some other races in the Order, but they're imperfect just as we are."
John Griffin
Syliran Knight

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Peer Reviewer (1)

Postby Tyuru on August 5th, 2010, 2:03 pm

Shields are useful, some part of Tyuru's brain said. Shields stop you from getting killed while you're trying to become a knight. Petching insanity, this is. You're going to end up getting hurt. You're going to poke somebody's eye out with that longsword, and you're going to ride over somebody on Horse.

Shaking herself, Tyuru asked John, "How do you find a knight? Do you just kind of go up to one and ask to be their squire, or is there a process?"

[OOC: Sorry about the few and far between (and very short) posts, it's exams and my brain curled up and died a couple days ago...]
I apologise profusely to anybody who may have been in a roleplay with me that I kind of started ignoring or that I haven't been answering. I haven't been on Mizahar in the last couple of months (not by my own choice, though!!). I think Tyuru needs some major character revision because I have been completely insensitive to people who have actually been through what she's experienced. I'm taking some time out to make her character more realistic and less insulting. Sorry again, and thanks.
Tyuru
...with so many things to be, who can decide?

Words: 49876
Joined roleplay: April 11th, 2010, 4:00 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet

Postby John Griffin on August 5th, 2010, 2:36 pm

OOC: No worries about posting. I was in school once too, I know all to well the brain melting abilities of a series of exams. :)

John smiled. "Well, to start with, you're looking at one," he winked at her. "Take a look around at all the other people here," he said, gesturing broadly at the rest of the pool. "Approximately one in ten is a knight. The Order has about five thousand knights, and many hundred squires and pages. Knights are easy to find here in Syliras, and a good deal of us walk around in armor."

John paused for a moment to splash some water up into his face, and run his fingers through his hair. He nodded. "Well, it's something like that. That very thing happened to me about twelve days ago or so. I agreed to hear him out, we met a few days later at the Rearing Stallion. Talked for some time, and I agreed to sponsor him. We're working on getting him an interview with the Grandmaster sometime later this season. After that, he'll officially be a squire. It's that easy." He looked in between Blackthawne and Tyuru. "Both of you could do it. The Order will teach you what you need to know, you just have to put the effort in to become a squire, if that's what you want."
John Griffin
Syliran Knight

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Peer Reviewer (1)

Postby Baku on October 15th, 2010, 1:56 am

Thou has written, and thou has completed, so I award thee the following....

John: +4 Observation, +2 Seduction, +5 Rhetoric, +1 Interrogation, +1 Deduction,

Lore: Relaxing in a Bath After a Long Day, Easy Arousal Control in a Public Bath, Observing the Naked Female Form(I’ll Just Have Myself a Peek), Pimping the Soothing Waters, Casual Conversation in a Bath Despite Nudity, Opportunity in the Bath(For Friends, not that kind you perverts), Pinping the Sylirian Knights, Explaining Nobility, Explaining the Knights

Tyuru: +4 Observation, +5 Rhetoric, +4 Seduction, +2 Interrogation,

Lore: Splish Splash Relaxing In a Bath, Panic in Shallow Waters, Difficult Arousal Control in a Public Bath, Awkward Flirting Because of Nakedness, Envy of Defensive Skills, Finding Frustration in a Relaxing Place(Because Everyone’s Naked), Accidental Play of Footsie in The Bath, Learning About Nobility, Eccentric Thoughts(Two Naked Men Next To Her and She Imagines Them In Battles to the Death), Feeling Uncertainty in the Bath, Expressing Hope, Flirting in the Bath(Bow-Chika-Wow-Wow), Learning About the Knights, Invitation to Train Through Flirting,

Blackthawne: +4 Observation, +2 Seduction, +5 Rhetoric, +1 Interrogation,

Lore: Giving in to Recommendation, Relaxing in a Bath After a Long Day, Just Playing it Lukewarm in a Hot Bath, Oh! Woman’s Naked Foot Brushing Me!, Learning About Nobility, Revealing Your Wishes, Conviction of Becoming a Knight, Learning About the Knights, Explaining the Benefits of Forwardness,

Additional Notes: Nothing like hot water, soap, and a whole lot of nudity to strike up a conversation, and thankfully Tyuru refrained from making any *glances down* “The water must be getting cold.” jokes. Just a couple of minor notes, while the large community bath is pool sized, it’s depth won’t be enough to submerge yourself if standing. It will only be 4 - 4 ½ feet deep at it’s deepest part, as well soap and hand towels is provided for free in the community baths. It‘s the private baths that will cost you some coin for soap, as it will be a little more fancy there. Tyuru and Blackthawne, don’t forget to deduct a 2 Silver Mizas for the bath time, and 1 Copper Miza for the laundering from your ledger. John get’s charged 2 Silver Mizas for bath time only as I saw no reference to his clothes being laundered.

P.S. - Are your fingers and toes all wrinkle? *snickers*

~Not all dreams, are meant to be had.

Baku
Dream Eater

Words: 151190
Joined roleplay: September 19th, 2010, 4:28 am
Race: Staff account
Office

Previous