Completed [Bronze Woods] Morning of the Walking (And Floating) Dead

Two Nuits, two Ghosts, and lots of awkward situations

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Stretching northward along the coastline of the Suvan Sea, the Cobalt Mountains are the home of the Bronze Wood, numerous ruins, and creatures both strange and fantastical.

[Bronze Woods] Morning of the Walking (And Floating) Dead

Postby Fubuki Kouri on August 5th, 2013, 6:21 pm

OOCYou startled the Kouri!

One thing about taunting a fatally mischievous girl combined with the actual power to take lives was that if one was not skilled enough, one must lived with the consequences, it was one of the harsh truths in reality that Isolde would learn that day...

"Sis?" The sight of her older sister suddenly spawning in front of her with her body hunched, right hand nails dragging the ground, and the sadistic insane look on her face was rather confusing, but it excited Rena. Kouri blinked away at the first sign of pain, but still pushed by some of the wind, battlelust rivaling Razkar fueled her expression as she...

*BOOOOOM!!!!*

Leaving behind intense wave of chilling cold air, the older ghost girl launched herself forward like an arrowhead, phasing though tree trunks, her reptilian crimson eyes following the direction Isolde was going and the obvious messy trail she left. "........" Her gaze was silent, but her eyes were like a predator, a monstrous wolf chasing a running sheep. She kept flying forward in the high-speed chase, ethereal white hair lashing out at the air like living snakes.

Finally... the predator caught up with the prey, Kouri caught up just as Isolde hid herself beneath the bush, she balled her right hand into a fist, focused her soumist on it, pierced the bush and...

*BAM!!!*

Time seemed to slow down and everything went to red as the ghost girl punched the hiding Nuit straight in the gut, the immense impact sent Isolde flying towards a tree trunk and her back violently crashed on it. Sending leaves and weak small branches falling from above.

The ghost girl just flicked her hair and scoffed, she cracked her fists together and vanished from her location, appearing again directly in front of the shaken Nuit. Isolde could see that a black sword of some kind were now in Kouri's right fist as if her hand was replaced by a sword. Kouri then made a stabbing motion and...

*STAB!!*

It deeply stabbed the tree trunk right beside Isolde's left ear. Kouri leaned in close and her glowing reptilian eyes bore deep into the Nuit "I... do not appreciate you talking to Spiritists without my permission..." She pulled her "sword" out and it left a deep wound on the poor tree's trunk. The phantom then turned around and launched herself back to Rena and Kriemhild without even saying a goodbye.

OOCEr... I think it's time for Isolde to change bodies. I say, this is the first time I saw Isolde getting angry. |:) There's a first time for everything eh?

Just a heads up, you can RP a hunter finding her and taking her back.

's

"common" | "vani" | thoughts

Important Note: I'm not accepting new threads unless I promised you beforehand, I'm sorry for any inconveniences caused.
Fubuki Kouri
The Sorceress' Daughter

Words: 784291
Joined roleplay: March 31st, 2013, 1:42 pm
Race: Ghost
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Isolde Seibold on August 5th, 2013, 7:26 pm

She hadn't been fast enough.

The ghost girl appeared, eyes glowing crimson with rage, and Isolde knew she was going to pay for her attack even as she let out an ear-splitting scream of terror and, strangely, defiance--

Which quickly squelched in wetly on itself as the ghost's fist pummeled Isolde straight in her burning gut.

The Nuit was thrown through the air in a blur and then everything stopped, hard. Her eyes flickered open, then closed, then they manged to flutter open again. The ground was rocking under her body. Everything teeter-tottering up and down, clearness fazing in and out, making for a dizzying, unpleasant experience. Nothing was making any sense. She couldn't connect her thoughts. There was something about body, and something about pain, and something about scared, and something about death, and something about confused, and something about danger. But all of it was muddled. She'd hit her head very hard, almost as hard as her back.

Kouri was there. And then Kouri was gone.

Isolde laid where she was for a long time. The overgiving pain was still hiccuping in her stomach and forcing her to breathe. But breathing was wrong, just wrong. Her chest was bending, folded in, broken. With every inhale there was black blood boiling, bubbling to her dead lips. White ichor on her chin, too, the mixture a grey sludge. Rattling, sloppy breaths.

She tried to move, to get up. Something shifted in her collapsed chest, grinding. Her world went red with pain. Now her breathing was coming fast, making the gurgling even worse. She coughed, spluttering out, wheezing and choking, unable to draw another breath though she had to, unable to do anything but die.

There was a soft white radiance like the light of the gods falling over her, warm and kind. Watchful, careful eyes looking down at her. A gigantic white-furred wolf, silent. Everything was blurring together. There was no wolf but a woman, just as resplendent. She was murmuring gentle words and lifting the Nuit up. The world was pain again as her torso shifted in, suffocating her. She was reminded of the time she had drowned, but that had been murky water not ichor and blood. The tipping and rocking was worse than ever. She couldn't stand it. She shut her eyes.

Then it was over. There were new noises. Loud, jarring. Then eventually they went away. The moving went away. She was in a familiar place that she hated, and there was a body, fresh, laid out for her to take as her own. Isolde somehow found the strength to protest. No, no, she didn't want to. Not again. But the wolf-woman was passing her to another, and he was already setting up the ritual.

And then it would start all over again.

OOCDamn you, Kouri! *shakes fist*
Isolde Seibold
the roots of the tree

Words: 434086
Joined roleplay: April 21st, 2013, 3:57 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Featured Thread (1)

Postby Fubuki Kouri on August 6th, 2013, 2:32 am

*BAM!*

With a blur and a violent slam of her fist into the nearest tree, Kouri returned from her brief hunting session and back to her little sister and maid. Rena looked up to her older sister and smiled happily while Kriemhild just kept her emotionless gaze as she "combed" Rena's hair with her soulmist-smeared palms.

"Sis? Did you have fun?" Rena giggled, her expression the exact opposite of what a normal little girl would have seeing a phantom with thick soulmist aura. Kriemhild just looked at the direction Isolde was going earlier, she deducted that her Mistress most likely fatally injured or killed the other Nuit outright, at least that could end her suffering.

"Fun... yes, I supposed it's fun... I may have killed her... or not, like you said Kriemhild, Nuits can change bodies right?" Kouri removed her fist from the tree trunk and it left visible cracks and dents, testament of her power.

"Yes, Mistress, but it requires preparation... so she may have not enough time to do so, unless... someone helped her..." Kriem spoke in her usual matter-of-fact manner.

"It's a win-win situation for me anyway... if she dies then well, Madame Isolde looked so sad and suffering and depressed all the time, maybe I'm doing her a favor, but if she survives then..." A malicious happy grin combined with childish gleefulness plastered itself on Kouri's face, showing her ethereal white teeth "...I can have fun with her again..."

"Ehehehehe.... haaahahahaha..." A low giggle escaped her lips then she suddenly jerked her head to the sky and cackled like an evil queen of the darkness "HYAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!"

"....." The maid just kept silent, nothing was new to her... she had met insane powerful "children" before during her time in Sahova, but... her Mistress might be something else entirely, still she didn't care much.

OOCAlright! This should be my last post. :) I'll post it for grading now. That was an intense thread! You're an amazing writer, Isolde. I truly enjoyed it.

Now I hope she doesn't find herself in a old man's body or something... :paranoid:

"common" | "vani" | thoughts

Important Note: I'm not accepting new threads unless I promised you beforehand, I'm sorry for any inconveniences caused.
Fubuki Kouri
The Sorceress' Daughter

Words: 784291
Joined roleplay: March 31st, 2013, 1:42 pm
Race: Ghost
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Emblem on September 1st, 2013, 8:53 pm

Congratulations!
You Get Glorious Experience!

Kouri

SkillPoints Earned
Materialization 1 XP

Lore Earned
Delivering a Warning
A Nuit's Ability to Change Bodies

Other Shenanigans:

Isolde

SkillPoints Earned
Reimancy 2 XP
Interrogation 2 XP
Investigation 1 XP
Running 1 XP

Lore Earned
At the Receiving End of Warnings
Kriemhild, Kouri's Maid
Changing Bodies

Other Shenanigans: Welp, looks like you get to switch bodies.

Comments :
Phew, that escalated quickly. Great thread guys, you all are fantastic writers. Anyway if you have any questions or concerns, or you think I missed something, shoot me a PM!
Currently working at new job so I am still trying to balance it out with Miza. I apologize for any delays.
Emblem
Retired Staff

Words: 50846
Joined roleplay: January 24th, 2012, 5:56 am
Race: Staff account
Office

Previous